SV OU Wait this isn't uu?(Zero ou mon offense) (Peaked 2005 #5)

:sv/Garchomp: :sv/tinkaton: :sv/hydrapple: :sv/maushold: :sv/moltres: :sv/okidogi:

Table of Contents:
  • Introduction
  • Proof of Peak
  • Roles + Paste
  • How to Use
  • Threatlist
  • Replays
  • Acknowledgments
Introduction:
If you take a look at this team, you'll notice that not a single one of these pokemon is ou by usage. This is referred to as "swag". This team began with the super overcooked chomp set, and includes many of my overall favorite mons to use in svou, such as the maushold(the goat) as well as spdef encore rocks tinkaton which feels like a spdef version of landorus to me, always getting value early game while soft checking a ton of threats such as kyurem, pult, and bolt. This team isn't the most consistent team since it has a few pretty big weaknesses, but it is extremely fun and against most opponents you'll have some outs.

Proof of peak(Lagent007 is also my acc and is also in top 30 in the older peak screenshot, also ignore the gxe lmfaoooo I tanked this acc to like 70 gxe and there's like 2 billion games on it so it takes forever to recover)
1718997095809.png

Roles + Paste:

:sv/Garchomp:
Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake
- Liquidation

This chomp set is super shiest and was the inspiration for this team. Adamant life orb liquidation is here to give chomp a decent roll to ohko physdef gliscor at +2 without tera, as well as vastly improve the roll at +2 no tera against max hp tusk from 31% to 81%. Although these rolls are admittedly a bit niche, keep in mind that these calcs as well as just extra damage in general come at essentially only the cost of underspeeding kyurem, since there isn't really much else in the 303-333 range that's relevant in ou. Jolly is of course an option that you may use if you find kyurem too troublesome. As the ground type for this team, it serves as the bolt tclap immune, and eq can revenge from quite high hp even if they tera fairy since we are ada lo. Chomp also serves as a pretty good glimm counterlead, since sd into scale shot threatens ho teams that lack valiant. Tera water serves as a general defensive tera against stuff like weavile ice shard, while also boosting liquidation, allowing you to do stuff like tera water +2 liquidation into corv to 2hko as they id, though spending your tera like this is typically not advisable.

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Garchomp Liquidation vs. 244 HP / 248+ Def Gliscor: 328-387 (93.1 - 109.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Garchomp Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Great Tusk: 419-494 (96.5 - 113.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 409-484 (103.8 - 122.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Tera Water Garchomp Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 274-325 (68.5 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Primarina: 298-352 (92.8 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Garchomp Scale Shot (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 312-370 (96.5 - 114.5%) -- approx. 68.8% chance to OHKO
+1 132 SpA Iron Moth Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp: 290-342 (81.2 - 95.7%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

:sv/Tinkaton:
Tinkaton @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 152 SpD / 104 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Gigaton Hammer
- Encore
- Stealth Rock

Tinkaton is one of my favorite gen 9 mons, and this set makes use of many of its utility options in knock rocks and encore, with gigaton last for general damage and coverage into fairies such as valiant. This is typically the early game blanket answer into a wide range of mons such as kyu bolt pult darkrai and special val. In particular, encoring bolt into either a dragon move, cm, or tclap can be really great. Although technically this will lose 1v1 to something like wisp hex pult on the switch, the fact that you can get off knock and rocks or pivot to moltres means that tinkaton is almost always going to be trading itself for good value. The 250 speed is just to guarantee that you outspeed all modest bolts in order to encore them. This also serves as an emergency check to non-eq roaring moon. Essentially this functions as a spdef version of utility landorus, which doesn't necessarily counter many mons but gets value with rocks, intimidate, and helmet chip.

252 SpA Dragapult Hex (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 152+ SpD Tinkaton: 135-159 (36 - 42.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after burn damage
252 SpA Kyurem Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 152+ SpD Tinkaton: 148-176 (39.5 - 47%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery and burn damage

:sv/Hydrapple:
Hydrapple @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Fickle Beam
- Leaf Storm
- Earth Power

This nascar Hydrapple is one of my favorite creations of this gen(perhaps someone else has used this too but I don't know of anyone doing so), and is the primary fat breaker on the team while also having good defensive utility in checking waterpon lacking play rough. It takes advantage of life orb + regenerator allowing it to hit extremely hard while being able to heal off the chip. Tera fairy is a general use defensive tera to flip the mu against mons like pult, and also resists body press from zama. The speed allows this to outspeed blissey and clefable, meaning this is a massive threat to any stall lacking clodsire, since a fickle beam 30% proc into leaf storm is enough to ko a cm blissey, and is often pretty close to an autowin against popular stalls(sorry stallcord). With tera, this is another emergency check to moon.

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Hydrapple Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking-Galar: 356-421 (90.3 - 106.8%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Hydrapple Fickle Beam(160bp) vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 409-484 (62.7 - 74.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Hydrapple Leaf Storm vs. +1 4 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 222-263 (34 - 40.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Hydrapple Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Ogerpon-Wellspring: 296-348 (98.3 - 115.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
+1 252 Atk Protosynthesis Tera Flying Roaring Moon Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 116 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Hydrapple: 339-400 (88.7 - 104.7%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

:sv/maushold-four:
Maushold-Four @ Wide Lens
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tidy Up
- Population Bomb
- Bite
- Encore

Maushold the goat returns as the premier hazard control option in gen 9 while also doing ridiculous amounts of damage to anything it outspeeds. This is just the standard maus set with tera ghost for espeed dnite and body press zama. Maus is often very important in sack wars where for example a banded dnite can take a kill with outrage, but pop bomb will revenge kill after that, or a specs kyu takes a kill, but then maus comes in and forces a kill. This synergizes extremely well with knock off tinkaton, since typical tinkaton answers are exactly the mons that often use helmet, such as lando, tusk, and corv. Please note that you can run 28 spdef evs in order to always live 1 max spa gholdengo make it rain, but I'm greedy so I'm not doing that rn.

252+ SpA Protosynthesis Raging Bolt Thunderclap vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Maushold: 214-253 (74 - 87.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Technician Maushold Population Bomb (10 hits) vs. 64 HP / 28 Def Raging Bolt: 360-430 (88.4 - 105.6%) -- approx. 25% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Gholdengo Make It Rain vs. 0 HP / 28 SpD Maushold: 244-288 (84.4 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:sv/Moltres:
Moltres @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 196 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Scorching Sands
- Roost

Moltres is the mon on this team most likely to rise to ou, but this set is an unconventional offensive 3 attacks roost set rather than something like wisp uturn physdef moltres. This serves as the primary tusk and lando answer, while providing flame body utility against any physical attacker such as zama. This can also switch in on wisp pult, though be warned that darts does quite a lot to this max hp 0 def spread. Scorching sands enables moltres to hit heatran while also being an accurate option compared with the other two moves. A defensive moltres set is certainly a viable alternative to this, so you can play around with that if you want. Tera grass hasn't been super useful for me, so some other defensive teras or maybe even an offensive tera can be considered. The speed on this set creeps most gliscors.

196+ SpA Moltres Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 222-262 (58.1 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
196+ SpA Moltres Fire Blast vs. 244 HP / 16 SpD Gliscor: 229-270 (65 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
132 SpA Iron Moth Fiery Dance vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Moltres: 72-86 (18.7 - 22.3%) -- possible 5HKO
+1 132 SpA Iron Moth Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Moltres: 259-306 (67.4 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
196+ SpA Moltres Scorching Sands vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Iron Moth: 292-344 (97 - 114.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

:sv/Okidogi:
Okidogi @ Leftovers
Ability: Guard Dog
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 HP / 116 SpD / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Spdef bulk up okidogi serves as a second darkrai check, while also taking advantage of guard dog to snipe landorus with ice punch and beat roar zamazenta. The tera is very arbitrary on this; other teras such as steel, ghost, or fire are usable, with ghost being used to avoid body press crits from zama. Tera ice just seemed like a funny neutral defensive type that also boosts ice punch. This hits the same speed stat as moltres in order to outspeed most gliscors, and also gives you confidence that anything moltres outspeeds will also be outsped by okidogi and vice versa.

252 SpA Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 116 SpD Okidogi: 67-79 (17.6 - 20.7%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 0+ Atk Okidogi Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Landorus-Therian: 348-412 (91 - 107.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+6 88 Def Zamazenta Body Press vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Okidogi on a critical hit: 279-329 (73.4 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Here is the paste: Wait this isn't uu?

How to use:
  • Overall matchup tips:
  • Offense: Moltres is a huge asset against popular lando offense teams, try to trade positively against offense though you likely have to tera against roaring moon. However, this does not mean that you always have to play super aggressively. For example, if ogerpon is out, going to hydrapple is usually fine even if they sd and play rough since maushold can revenge.
  • Balance: Hydrapple and garchomp are big threats for balance to deal with. For example, getting in hydrapple against ting lu is very good positioning.
  • Stall: Hydrapple is the main stallbreaker, just fish for fickle beam procs against blissey,
Threatlist:
Unfortunately as you may expect, a team of 0 ou mons is quite weak to a couple things.
  • :roaring_moon: is the absolute biggest threat, since at +1 with rocks up it will simply ohko the entire team. You basically need to stay in with whatever is out in order to chip it, and then defensively tera to hopefully revenge it. Something like a steel tera hydrapple or okidogi is a viable modification to the team to slightly improve this matchup.
  • Non-choiced :walking_wake: sun is also horrendous to face, since otherwise the gameplan would be to scout with tinkaton and then go hydrapple on hydro steam, but if it's mystic water then that plan doesn't work at all. Basically try to catch the opponent off guard with a surprise tera and that's all you can do.
  • :iron_moth: is a huge threat, typically booster speed though webs booster spa is even worse to play against, since although moltres does usually live a booster spe fiery dance + boost into sludge wave, and has a good chance to ohko with scorching sands, there are all sorts of ways this can go wrong, such as moltres being chipped earlier, or sludge wave critting, or moth living the scorching sands. In this case, you'll have to tera garchomp to live the dazzling gleam.
  • :dragonite: is another massive threat, since this moltres lacks wisp. In order to beat it, you may have to tera hydrapple if they have ice spinner. However, there have also been some dd tera fire fire punch scale shot encore dnites running around, and that is another big threat.
  • DD :gouging_fire: is another big threat, since it can set up against moltres as scorching sands does not do much damage. This will often require teraing hydrapple or garchomp.
  • :samurott_hisui: is another pretty big threat since whenever spikes go up it basically just 2hkos the whole team, and ceaseless edge is super free. You can kinda hope to hit a hurricane as samu switches into moltres, which will limit how much work it can put in, but it certainly isn't a good matchup.
Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2143587889?p2 (ABSOLUTELY HEROIC VICTORY against sire clod)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2145680737?p2 (Rough game against dd scale shot dnite, good chomp performance vs mola bo)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2145068109?p2 (vs gouging fire ho)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2142288562 (First 2 turns show you why I love pokemon, also another sire clod feature lmfao bro is getting exposed in this rmt fr)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2143987250?p2 (Garchomp 6-0s ho off lead lmfaooooo)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2143376244?p2 (Close game vs moon + gouging ho)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2146308407?p2 (vs rachi stall)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2145804915?p2 (vs corv stall)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2146447450 (okidogi cleans vs lando offense)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2146449802 (hydrapple endgame vs lando offense)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2147547173?p2 (really tough game where maus and dogi had to clutch up)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2147601549 (Peak game)
Acknowledgments:
Thanks to smg for theorizing life orb garchomp, it led me to jokingly suggest adamant liquidation instead of the jolly aqua tail(which got dexited from chomps moveset for some reason). Also thanks to stallcord for being a cool mons community and also for feeding me some elo by losing to hydrapple lmfaooo. I'd also like to thank traineraid it's also a great server.

Attachments

• 1718943271449.png
    1718943271449.png
    923.6 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
Damn I got so fucking exposed lol (u faced me 2 times in the replays…) but u didn’t send ur loses afterwards… Anyw great team my man

Damn I got so fucking exposed lol (u faced me 2 times in the replays…) but u didn’t send ur loses afterwards… Anyw great team my man
oh are you symphony fntw as well? and yea ive definitely lost against many of these teams, this team is just very volatile against ho so it is what it is, I could include some losses against ho as well just to make it not look like this has a good ho mu or smth

oh are you symphony fntw as well? and yea ive definitely lost against many of these teams, this team is just very volatile against ho so it is what it is, I could include some losses against ho as well just to make it not look like this has a good ho mu or smth
No but dw I didn't mean it to rude, insane team fr and no I'm not symphony. Yeah I've thought that u have a few issues against HO

Nasty bo keeping the spirit of exploring underutilized threats alive. Another peak for our heroic maus family I am impressed. We need more teams like this that require insane piloting to beat standard offensive threats, but the idea is just trade trade trade. Great build!

i love this. insanely sheist team bro, dudes single handedly the GOAT for repping the Garchomp nation well in Gen9 OU. great job!

Reactions: Cow
Back