UU Rain Dance Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my team, I sort of constructed it myself using others posts and the smogon pokemon guide.

Electrode@Damp Rock, Soundproof
Hasty
EVs:
252 Atk
228 Spe
28 Spa

Explosion
Rain Dance
Taunt
Thunder

Notes: Usually try to Rain Dance first, if they are using a lead like persian (or banette on a trick room team), then I will use taunt so that I can rain dance. After that, I try to explode as soon as possible so that I can get my next pokemon in, which is...

Gorebyss@Choice Specs, Swift Swim
Modest
EVs:
4 HP
252 Spa
252 Spe

Ice Beam
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Surf

Notes: A very effective sweeper in the rain, though I'm not usually in favor of choice items. I bet that this set could bring more use to someone who is more adept to them.

Bibarel@Leftovers, Unaware
Impish
EVs:
216 HP
40 Atk
252 Def

Stealth Rock
Super Fang
Thunder Wave
Waterfall

Notes: Hasn't done much for me yet, maybe I should use this as a starter, or I need a better EV spread.

Toxicroak@Life Orb, Dry Skin
Adamant
EVs:
252 Atk
4 Def
252 Spe

Cross Chop
Rain Dance
Stone Edge
Sucker Punch

Notes: This thing can be great once it gets going, maybe I need to run a jolly nature to outspeed more. If it's already raining, I can get right to sweeping. With his dry skin, he is recovering more damage each turn than the Life Orb is doing to him. Sucker Punch has been absolutely great to me, and the combination of Cross Chop and Stone Edge is very nice.

Quagsire@Leftovers, Water Absorb
Relaxed
EVs:
252 HP
96 Atk
160 Def

Curse
Earthquake
Toxic
Waterfall

Notes: Useless so far. Read the description of Bibarel. Also, someone told me that gastrodon does a better job of whatever quagsire does.

Pikachu@Light Ball(what did you expect?), Static
Hasty
EVs:
152 Atk
252 Spe
104 Spa

Brick Break
Grass Knot
Substitute
Thunder

Notes: This has been getting completely walled by Roserade.

That's my team, I need some suggestions; however, I think I will definitely keep the same pokemon species for Electrode, Gorebyss, and Toxicroak. They form the core of the team's success.

OK, your formatting is a bit hard on the eyes, but here's my advice.

Since this is a rain team, you need a Ludicolo. Kabutops is another great pokemon for this. Toxicroak and Electrode can stay, but drop Bibarel and Quagsire. With its good defenses, Gorebyss should be another rain starter. Pikachu should then be replaced by something fairly tankish that can get the rain started again, probably set up SR, and get your Rain Sweepers back in the game. Registeel or Uxie should fit that bill.

Kabutops, Ludicolo, Toxicroak, and Gorebyss are all powerful sweepers under the rain. Remember that the key to the Rain Dance team is to always keep the pressure on. Rain lasts a limited amount of time, so you need to be doing a lot of damage in that time, and not let your opponent get in control of the battle.

Try adding in a qwilfish.

qwilfish are very good at setting up rain dance, and they work a bit like electrode, except they can act as a sweeper, too.

Give it the moves rain dance, explosion, taunt and waterfall, and attach a focus sash. Works well for me :)

hope this helped :D

This thread is now locked under RMT Rule 3:
Rule #3 said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you're having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.

The formatting is pretty gross too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back