Swoobat/Garbodor OU Challenge!

Aight, before we start off this amazing RMT, just a quick note: I know that neither Swoobat nor Garbodor are OU. Knowing this, I am not going to think about replacing them; that is part of teh challenge: to make a team featuring NU and RU pokemon viable in an ou situation. Also, I will add pics later, but I am pressed for time right now. I apologize

Now, the first question many of you may be asking is, "Why on earth have a Swoobat/Garbodor core in an ou team?!?!" Well, it's a long story. The only real reason for the two is that it is a running gag between my friends and I, based on old basketball colloquialisms (ain't dat swoo(bat) (Garbo)do'!). That

insanely idiotic piece of information aside, I was interested in seeing if the usability of these two pokemon had changed for 6th gen, or if I could just make a decent team out of them. Knowing the introduction of fairies and the dragon/steel nerfs, I honestly thought that Swoobat and Garbodor could be viable if utilized correctly, and I believe that I was correct.

Building the Team:

Swoobat Garbodor

Well, I obviously started here lol.

Swoobat Garbodor Lucario

I added MegaLucario to be a sweeper that could counter many walls to swoo/garbo

Swoobat Garbodor Lucario galvantula Starmie

Galvantula for the ever-popular sticky web (at this stage in development, garbo had spikes and t-spikes) Starmie for the spin, and a special sweeper

Swoobat Garbodor Lucario galvantula Starmie Aromatisse

Aromatisse for cleric (I do love aro, tho, its HA is absolutley spectacular for a cleric)

Swoobat Garbodor Lucario Forretress Heatran Aromatisse

I swapped Galvant for Forretress, because I never used sticky web, and I removed starmie in favor of heatran, for bulk reasons.

Swoobat Garbodor Landorus Forretress Heatran Aromatisse

Had a severe weakness to ground, so MegaLuke for Landorus HA

Swoobat Garbodor Landorus Forretress Heatran Sylveon

and finally, aromatisse was not working, so I put in Sylveon.

final team win to lose ratio: 125/52

And without further ado....

SWOOBAT GARBODOR!

swoobat___dusty_by_styx_leagon-d4vh794.jpg

Batman (Swoobat) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Stored Power

The main attraction; the terror of the skies, Swoobat. In all seriousness, however, Swoobat can ABUSE stored power thanks to simple, maybe even more thansigilyph. The max base power of stored power is, with STAB calculated, a MASSIVE 450, easily doubling V-create, and almost doubling Explosion un-stabbed. Toalmost EVERYTHING that is not a dark type or has sturdy/sash, I would reckon to say that it is an guarunteed OHKO with a 4x boosted spatk stat. Hell, evenScizor is OHKO'd at a measly 2 calm minds (3x spatk and spdef), and Ferro is definitley OHKO'd with that same amount and the salac boost..........The only problem is setting it up. Although it has decent spatk and rather wonderful speed, Its HORRIBLE def and spdef unboosted means that it is ohko'd by just abouteverything it does not resist. However, a substitute and prehaps a wish passed from sylveon can circumvent this guarunteeing at least 1 calm mind, and I canalways use my better judgement and pass to, say Lando instead. it can be walled, however; Tyranitar and Greninja espescially. If Greninja has not proteanedinto a different type, a single dark pulse can often break the sub, then destroy poor old swoobat. Barring those two, and the occasional sashed Weavile, itis a wonderful set.

garbodor%2Bpsd%2Bsmall.jpg

Cyber-Dwarf (Garbodor) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Payback
- Drain Punch
- Substitute

Although slightly lackluster compared to the beast above, Garbodor is surprisingly decent, espescially when the opposing team has no idea what to expect. Dueto it's surprising amount of physical bulk, ive been able to take down an injured Aegislash with payback after surviving a swords boosted crit shadow sneak.Gunk shot is fabulous this generation, significantly crippling that which does not resist it, and drain punch is the only reliable form of recovery, thus making it a staple. All in all, not a spectacular pokemon, but certainly a pretty good physical wall.

landlos.jpg

Calrissian (Landorus) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Fun fact; I did not copy this set, I used it waaaaaay back before 5th Gen OU was solidified and Sheer Force was banned. With force and scarf, Landorus becomes a monster revenge killer/sweeper that barely ANYONE sees coming. Focus Blast hits hard without sheer force, and hp ice is perfect for the occasionaly garchomp, Dragonite, Salamence, or Noivern that think that they can set up a dance or two and sweep. Earth power gets up to almost 200 bp with stab, and psychic is a good counter for the new plethora of poison and fighting types in the metagame. I can usually switch in on an eq from Garbodor or Heatran and destroy the opponent, who usually believes that a physical powerhouse lays before them, thus giving me that upper hand.

forretress.png

Bomb, Gone, Thank You Mon (Forretress) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion

Well. This guy here. Lemme tell you about HIM. he serves two purposes per battle: he either sets up hazards when no hazard threats present themselves on the opposing team, or he spins hazards from a fellow hazard setter or spinner. Then depending on which one of those he accomplished, he either gets an explosion off on the mon that tried to stop him setting up hazards, or he gets an explosion off on the mon sweeping them away. Mega Blaziken Sweeping your team? How about a prioity explosion from an adamant 252 atk time bomb? Regardless, he almost always serves his purpose, severly crippling the opposing spinner/hazard setter/sweeper.

heatran_fire.png

Just Blaze (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Lava Plume

Heatran is just about the only standard set on this team. He switches in on a pokemon he resists, then, predicting the switch out to a water or ground type, I can either put up a sub, toxic, or just switch. If the two former occur, oftentimes I can get a lava plume or two off before I have to switch, usually to
Lando for eq or sylveon/garbo for special water or phys water, respectively.

images

Geppetto (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Wish
- Hyper Voice

I did originally run a cute charm moonblast combo, but cute charm never works when you need it to, and hyper voice gets up to 135 bp before stab, the clear better choice. A wish or sub from good ole' sylvy passed to Swoobat is almost always an ace in the hole for a match, and it can still be deadly passed to lando or heatran. his job is primarily a cleric, helping his team out to the fullest. Hyper voice is just there for the tauntability of this set.

So that is Swoobat Garbodor. I personally am quite happy with how it turned out, but the main point of this rmt is to ask you people. Now, Are either Swoobat or Garbodor good enough this gen to be knocked up a teir or two? Personally, I believe that, while if used correctly, they can be devastating, they still arent completely up to par for the rest of the metagame.

Swoobat @ Salac Berry
Ability: Simple
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Stored Power

Garbodor @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Payback
- Drain Punch
- Substitute

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Forretress @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Lava Plume

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Wish
- Hyper Voice

Thank you for reading my ramblings! Like I said, I will add pics later, am pressed for time now

Last edited:
Back