Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v4 [Kyurem suspect now up]

Pecharunt is supposed to be releasing tomorrow right? What kind of impact do you expect it to have in the meta?
Not much of one, unfortunately. Being a physically defensive wall weak to both Ground and Dark is pretty disastrous for OU right out of the gate. Skeledirge makes it work by being amazing in general, but Pecharunt lacks its potential to snowball and actually good Ability. Spinblocking is great, but far from a unique niche.

Pecharunt is supposed to be releasing tomorrow right? What kind of impact do you expect it to have in the meta?
It releases in main game in 11 hours from this post which is 2pm UTC or 9am EST. Idk how long until it's released onto showdown. As for impact on the meta I feel like it's gonna be kinda mid. Has a lot of bulk and with it's ability it poisoning a mon will be annoying but other than that it's kinda useless.

It releases in main game in 11 hours from this post which is 2pm UTC or 9am EST. Idk how long until it's released onto showdown. As for impact on the meta I feel like it's gonna be kinda mid. Has a lot of bulk and with it's ability it poisoning a mon will be annoying but other than that it's kinda useless.
It will probably be released in like an hour at max. The data is already on showdown, just click the defense button in the teambuilder when searching for mons and perchaunt will be one of the first to come up.

If pincurchin didn't have 48 hp, and even as small a buff as to 60, it would be so much better. It has decent stats apart from hp and speed. Plus, it has recover, sucker punch, scald, spikes and toxic spikes. It has such a great movepool, but it is ruined by its hp stat.
What Pincurchin needs is Volt Switch or Parting Shot honestly. But to be honest, it's kind of best that Pincurchin is too bad even as an auto terrain setter. idk how to describe it but Future Paradox Pokemon are generally better on an even playing field. Like give E-Terrain support to Iron Boulder and Iron Valiant and you have really absurd Pokemon that are arguably ban worthy. Imagine Choice Band Iron Boulder with Terrain support, or Iron Valiant that doesn't need Booster Energy.

It will probably be released in like an hour at max. The data is already on showdown, just click the defense button in the teambuilder when searching for mons and perchaunt will be one of the first to come up.
Nah, it’s coming out 14:00 UTC.

54F2BA09-95D7-46AC-B93D-2A1F025E5DCB.jpeg

In the states, that’s 6 a.m. PST or 9 a.m. EST!

What Pincurchin needs is Volt Switch or Parting Shot honestly. But to be honest, it's kind of best that Pincurchin is too bad even as an auto terrain setter. idk how to describe it but Future Paradox Pokemon are generally better on an even playing field. Like give E-Terrain support to Iron Boulder and Iron Valiant and you have really absurd Pokemon that are arguably ban worthy. Imagine Choice Band Iron Boulder with Terrain support, or Iron Valiant that doesn't need Booster Energy.
I absolutely believe that if we had an Electric Terrain setter who was even just as basically okay as Torkoal, the robots would be viewed as on average much better than the dinosaurs. Iron Valiant and Iron Boulder like you highlighted would do serious work, but Iron Treads with a permanent Speed boost running? Iron Moth turning into Walking Wake 2.0? Sticky Web not immediately ruining them the moment it's put up? That would be an insane world.

I think most of the Future Paradoxes would remain relatively the same, save for Valiant. Iron Treads with a perma Speed buff would likely still carry on over the issues that it does right now and I don't see much changing for Iron Boulder since it's largely already a one time use mon (as setup sweepers tend to be and I think Iron Leaves might actually be a better Band user thanks to its higher Attack + Psyblade), but Valiant would honestly go ballistic. Choice Specs in particular is downright terrifying under Electric Terrain, mixed sets would appreciate the Expert Belt and so on. One of Valiant's biggest issues, it's one time use nature, would be outright removed.

Made a Bulky Balance or Offense team on an alt that I think is pretty good. Got to 1300 ELO. What do y’all think?

Playing with this team makes me think Roaring Moon is a bit broken. You really just have to swap into something like Clodsire and set up. Putting it on a timer doesn’t matter too much since all Moon needs is a Dragon Dance.

Kyurem seems a little problematic too especially under Snow. Swapping into the Spec set takes a lot of prediction to survive. Then there’s Sub Leftover Freeze Dry / Ice Beam which I’ve tested out. You just Sub and fish for a Freeze, then Sub and continue to chip apart the opponent.

https://pokepast.es/059aa8363df32f16

I absolutely believe that if we had an Electric Terrain setter who was even just as basically okay as Torkoal, the robots would be viewed as on average much better than the dinosaurs. Iron Valiant and Iron Boulder like you highlighted would do serious work, but Iron Treads with a permanent Speed boost running? Iron Moth turning into Walking Wake 2.0? Sticky Web not immediately ruining them the moment it's put up? That would be an insane world.
:iron boulder:
Can now run sets like CB or Life Orb while getting speed boost
:iron valiant:
Can now run CB, Specs, Life Orb, Expert Belt, etc while getting speed boost. Can get an Atk or SpA boost while using Scarf as well
:Iron crown:
Capable of using "Stance Change" tech I came up with for Gouging Fire/Raging Bolt/Iron Thorns. Can also boost with defensive items too making it easier to set up.
:Iron hands:
CB Supercell Slam is extremely nasty. For reference;
252+ Atk Choice Band Quark Drive Iron Hands Supercell Slam vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg in Electric Terrain: 220-261 (55.8 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Quark Drive Tera Electric Iron Hands Supercell Slam vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg in Electric Terrain: 294-348 (74.6 - 88.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
:Iron Moth:
Now gets to fun HDBs while also getting Quark Drive boosts
:Iron Treads:
Honestly doesn't change much besides CB sets potentially being a thing.
:Iron Leaves:
CB Psyblade spam and Close Combats for Psychic resists.
:iron Jugulis:
Nothing changes and you shouldn't use it.
:Iron thorns:
I can use that "Stance change" tech I mentioned before in higher tiers finally

Pechurant will probably be a solid OU pivot with Parting Shot, Recover, and an extremely high Physical defense stat. Its stats as a whole being very average is a bit of an annoyance, but it hits some solid benchmarks. Its fast enough to outspeed Great Tusk and Gholdengo, and is actually extremely bulky overall unlike some of our other physical walls which are more lopsided + has Recover. Its power isn't great, but Nasty Plot can at least make up for that, especially when combined with its near unresisted STAB combination, though Ting-Lu and Kingambit will make such a set gimmicky at best.

A nice quality of this Pokemon is that it has access to STAB Shadow Ball to deal with potential switch-ins to Parting Shot such as Gholdengo and Clear Body Dragapult. Against key switch-ins such as Kingambit and Ting-Lu, it can at least annoy them with Parting Shot and potentially Malignant chain Poisoning in Ting-Lu's case, & pivot into a partner like Great Tusk.

The ability is complete trash though. It only works if Pechurant poisons the opponent, which is extremely niche. If it was universal, it would have significantly better when paired with partners such as Glscor to spread Toxic (or even against Gliscor).

I don't think there is much room for creativity on this Pokemon due to its barren movepool, but it does have the right options to give it some set variety.

On the topic of Future mons, actually, Electrics have it super rough this Generation. We have two of the best Ground Types ever to see OU play in Great Tusk and Ting-Lu, and neither of them are really fragile enough to the point that they'll be OHKOed by a Tera Ice / Grass / Water Blast unless you're attacking them from their weaker defending stats. Nevermind the fact that Clodsire's returned to OU, Excadrill is still a prominent threat and Gliscor is as agitating as ever, even if the latter is x4 weak to Ice.

Keldeo is discount Urshifu-RS, who is regrettably not being reconsidered for OU. It’s faster, but hits a little weaker and has better SpD but worse Def.

I’ve seen a lot of choice item Keldeo and I think it’s too punishable to be a useable set in long term. This is due to Keldeos STABs having immunities and also a vacuum wave revenge is super easy to predict and can be switched out of, at low cost

as such, I have a proposed standard Keldeo set that is a little more consistent. It’s a wall breaker or can be used to crack into some balance teams.

:Keldeo:

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Tera Type: Poison / Steel
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Calm Mind

The set is quite self explanatory as a calm mind sweeper. The main variation is in the choice of poison or steel Tera type. Both are used to turntables on meowscarada/rillaboom and sometimes serperior, however each type has certain niches:

Poison, in addition to the resistances / toxic immunity it shares with steel, has the following properties:
  • you can trade with fighting types that are faster or that can take a hit in mid game when it’s time to break, especially zamazenta and Iron Valiant
  • Does not have the fire weakness for Tera grass/water Volcarona, who can otherwise dance next to you if you’re +1. Speed booster iron moth can also Tera next to you and 2HKO easily if you’re steel, but can’t do that if you’re poison.
  • Does not have the fire weakness against gouging fire, bulky sets can simply revenge
  • Can still brute force through some variations of FS glowking, presuming it doesn’t pack T wave. Here’s a replay example.
  • Bonus from that replay above as well, it allows you to absorb toxic spikes. This is relevant against glimmora HO
  • Is not weak to body press from dondozo, this is a very big deal against stall teams, who generally don’t have a good answer for a knock off supported keldeo. Here’s a replay of beating the critical stall Dondozo.
Steel is the standard choice, it has these significant benefits over poison:
  • The matchup with glowking is significantly easier, you can taunt away attempts to thunder wave or chilly reception to a fighting type if your predictions are on point.
  • The matchup against random psyshocks is also much easier, in particular against standard plot gholdengo, who can survive a +1 surf handedly
  • Matchups decently against “stored power” niche users and the only way to break through non-nuzzle hatterene without weakening it over a match.
  • You keep your ice resistance, which is particularly relevant against Weavile and the rarer scarf Kyurem.
  • You get dragon resistance, which means you can’t be nuked by outrages/dragon darts with the 8 fucking dragon types in OU. Particularly relevant against dragapult and sun supported roaring moon.
  • Beats clear smog amoonguss
Taunt has numerous obvious benefits over substitute, here are a few:
  • Toxapex is a non issue, amoonguss lacking clear smog can be a non issue after tera
  • It blocks the ever annoying FS, wait a turn, then chilly reception to a faster threat on balanced offense
  • Unaware can’t heal on stall
  • Glimmora leads have a harder time on HO
  • Slower pokemon + tera + boosting move doesn’t work. This is a big deal against QD Volcarona
So when it taunt really annoying to use? It’s when stuff like this happens:
  • Opponent switches in a regenerator pokemon, and a lot of these conveniently resist Keldeos STABs, then the opponent switches out to a faster threat or bulky OHKO threat on the predicted taunt. You do very little net damage
  • Opponent is willing to sacrifice something, as they can’t risk letting Keldeo weaken multiple pokemon, so they just trade hits, such as unaware clefable spamming knock offs and moonblasts to get you to sub 50% and later revenge.
Keldeo works best with:
  • Pokemon with shared checks, for example Pokémon’s that would like to see glowking taken down to 15% and forced to come in again at 48% after regenerator
  • Knockoff / terrain / weather support. Although on rain there’s other water types that are easier to justify. Keldeo is quite anti rain tho, as +1 surf does enough to most pelliper to ensure it can’t come back in after SR
  • Teams that need a taunter with decent speed

Last edited:
So we’re now about half a day away from our new mythical dropping, and I wanted to theorymon a few cool sets it can run. I don’t know if it’s going to end up staying in OU, but I think it’s got some sauce to it!

:pecharunt: Specially Defensive :pecharunt:
Pecharunt @ Heavy-Duty Boots/Black Sludge
Ability: Poison Puppeteer
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpDef
Calm Nature
- Malignant Chain
- Hex / Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Toxic / Parting Shot

Pecharunt’s physical bulk is so immense that it can afford to invest heavily in special bulk to better utilize its Poison typing to check the tier’s offensive Fairies while still being able to leverage its high defense stat to check certain physically offensive threats, partially depending on if it’s willing to Tera. Scarf Enamorus can only do a maximum of 49.6% with Earth Power, and even +1 Valiant Psyshock caps at 66.4% thanks to Pecha’s massive base 160 defense.

:pecharunt: Specs Pivot :pecharunt:
Pecharunt @ Choice Specs
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpDef / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Malignant Chain
- Hex / Shadow Ball
- Tera Blast
- Parting Shot

I think Specs Pecharunt actually has a lot of potential because of the combination of how annoying it is to switch into its STABS and its ability to pivot. You aren’t really using this as a wallbreaker though; your goal is to bring it in on things it can soak hits from or spinblock and gradually spread status and damage amongst your opponent’s defensive backbone. Malignant Chain has a 50% chance to Badly Poison + Confuse, meaning nothing that isn’t Steel or Poison wants to switch into it since if it manages to land those statuses, the mere act of staying in after incurs the risk of heavy chip and giving the opponent a free turn. Tera Blast Fighting is kind of essential on this set for Kingambit, and max speed is used to get the jump on both Great Tusk and Gholdengo.

:pecharunt: Nasty Plot :pecharunt:
Pecharunt @ Black Sludge
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Malignant Chain / Shadow Ball
- Tera Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Recover

Personally, I think Specs is gonna be better than Nasty Plot on Pecharunt, but being able to utilize its strong natural bulk and access to recovery to set up multiple Nasty Plots is definitely within the realm of possibility for Pecharunt. I think this set is more of a Tera hog than the other two since being down to only a single STAB option increases your dependence on Tera Blast. Has potential for sure, but I think Pecharunt would have really preferred Calm Mind.

Overall I think it’s a full moves short of maximum potential, but the tools it does have are really annoying, potent, and not to be slept on.
Fyi, Black Sludge damages non-Poison Types. Once you TT, Black Sludge is gonna damage Pecharunt. You're better off using Leftovers.

Hey everyone, I'd like to share some unique set options that I've been teching around with for a hot minute now. These sets in particular fulfill some unique and at times critical roles in OU. Several of you stated that my OU Lucario analysis didn't have the same kind of creative feeling and felt off compared to my other essay posts. So in the meantime while I continue to test :furret: on different OU archetypes, I wanted to quickly share some of the more unique sets that I've been developing and working with as of late to make up for my lack of Morkallion polish on that previous analysis.

Morkal's Technical Sets

Gallade

:gallade:

Gallade @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sharpness
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 152 Atk / 104 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Sacred Sword
- Leaf Blade
- Psycho Cut

This has been an interesting set that I've been using as a makeshift emergency check to Iron Boulder, being able to live +2 from any of its most used moves thanks to Tera in addition to being able to OHKO it in return. Access to powerful moves like Sharpness-boosted Leaf Blade alongside its two STABs allows it to cut through some of the most potent Pokemon in the tier like Archaludon, Clodsire, Dondozo, Heatran, Kingambit, Kyurem, and more. With Agility, Gallade reaches a great 518 speed tier outpacing some serious threats after just a single boost.

Damage

152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Archaludon: 420-497 (109.6 - 129.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Clodsire: 612-720 (132.1 - 155.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darkrai: 571-677 (203.2 - 240.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
152+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Deoxys-Speed: 159-188 (65.9 - 78%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dondozo: 230-271 (45.6 - 53.7%) -- 42.2% chance to 2HKO

152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 794-936 (219.9 - 259.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Glimmora: 446-526 (145.2 - 171.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Great Tusk: 324-384 (87.3 - 103.5%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Great Tusk: 324-384 (74.6 - 88.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 499-590 (129.2 - 152.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Iron Boulder: 420-497 (130.8 - 154.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fighting Iron Boulder: 492-583 (153.2 - 181.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

152+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Iron Crown: 220-259 (66.8 - 78.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Tera Fighting Iron Crown: 410-485 (124.6 - 147.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Iron Valiant: 446-528 (153.7 - 182%) -- guaranteed OHKO
152+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring: 253-298 (84 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Primarina: 449-530 (149.1 - 176%) -- guaranteed OHKO
152+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 64 HP / 28 Def Raging Bolt: 229-271 (56.2 - 66.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Samurott-Hisui: 629-744 (195.9 - 231.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem: 571-677 (146 - 173.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Defensive

0 Atk Archaludon Dragon Tail vs. 0 HP / 104 Def Gallade: 84-99 (30.3 - 35.7%) -- 32.6% chance to 3HKO
252+ SpA Archaludon Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 202-238 (72.9 - 85.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Archaludon Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 124-147 (44.7 - 53%) -- 30.5% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Archaludon Electro Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 135-159 (48.7 - 57.4%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO

0 Atk Clodsire Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 104 Def Gallade: 105-124 (37.9 - 44.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Deoxys-Speed Psycho Boost vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 163-193 (58.8 - 69.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Dondozo Liquidation vs. 0 HP / 104 Def Gallade: 112-133 (40.4 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 104 Def Gallade: 207-244 (74.7 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Excadrill Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 104 Def Gallade: 166-196 (59.9 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Glimmora Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 88-104 (31.7 - 37.5%) -- 88.9% chance to 3HKO

0 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 120-142 (43.3 - 51.2%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO after trapping damage
252 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 145-172 (52.3 - 62%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after trapping damage

+2 252 Atk Quark Drive Iron Boulder Mighty Cleave vs. 0 HP / 104 Def Gallade: 234-276 (84.4 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Quark Drive Iron Boulder Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 104 Def Gallade: 197-232 (71.1 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Quark Drive Iron Boulder Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 104 Def Tera Grass Gallade: 164-193 (59.2 - 69.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252+ SpA Tera Fighting Iron Crown Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 137-162 (49.4 - 58.4%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Tera Fighting Iron Crown Stored Power (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 229-270 (82.6 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Iron Valiant Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Grass Gallade: 130-154 (46.9 - 55.5%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. 0 HP / 104 Def Gallade: 193-228 (69.6 - 82.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 104 Def Gallade: 160-189 (57.7 - 68.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 4 allies fainted Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 104 Def Gallade: 222-262 (80.1 - 94.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 104 Def Gallade: 238-282 (85.9 - 101.8%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Raging Bolt Thunderclap vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 117-138 (42.2 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Revavroom
:revavroom:

Revavroom @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Filter
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Iron Head
- Temper Flare
- High Horsepower

Revavroom has very unique tools that allow it to function as a great cleaner in OU; thanks to a unique combination of the superb boosting move Shift Gear alongside Iron Head, Temper Flare, and High Horsepower further boosted with STAB. Revavroom can lure Gouging Fire, live an Earthquake thanks to the combination of Filter and Shuca Berry, then boost to clean up a weakened Gouging Fire or Terastallize to get a clean OHKO from full health on offensive DD variants. Additionally, Air Balloon Gholdengo can be capitalized on thanks to High Horsepower activating the boost for Temper Flare. Revavroom can also handle additional problematic threats like Iron Valiant and Raging Bolt thanks to Shift Gear +2 speed bringing it to a fantastic 558, outpacing Jolly Booster Iron Valiant's 546. The combination of STAB Steel with Fire and Ground coverage whomps a large portion of the metagame for super effective damage.

252+ Atk Gouging Fire Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Ground Revavroom: 216-255 (71.7 - 84.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Gouging Fire Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Shuca Berry Filter Revavroom: 180-213 (59.8 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252+ Atk Tera Ground Revavroom High Horsepower vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gouging Fire: 408-480 (116.2 - 136.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Revavroom High Horsepower vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gouging Fire: 272-320 (77.4 - 91.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Revavroom High Horsepower vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gouging Fire: 180-214 (51.2 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Revavroom Temper Flare (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gholdengo: 352-416 (111.7 - 132%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Revavroom Temper Flare (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 196+ Def Gholdengo: 396-466 (104.7 - 123.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Revavroom Iron Head vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Iron Valiant: 296-350 (102 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Tera Ground Revavroom High Horsepower vs. 64 HP / 28 Def Raging Bolt: 504-594 (123.8 - 145.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Mienshao
:mienshao:

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Ice/Dark/Ground/Fairy
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

Mienshao occupies a critical niche as the only Fighting-type Pokemon in the game with Regenerator, allowing it to fire off powerful life orb boosted attacks off of its base 125 attack stat (five points higher than both Iron Boulder and Weavile, btw) without worrying about continued recoil from Life Orb or chip damage. Mienshao's power is impressive, chopping down critical OU threats while additionally utilizing its workable base 105 speed stat to zoom around some of the most critical threats in OU. STAB Drain Punch allows Mienshao to have further longevity alongside the utility of Knock Off and U-Turn. Triple Axel is incredible tech, allowing Mienshao to OHKO Pokemon like Great Tusk, Clodsire, and more.

Triple Axel

252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Clodsire: 498-594 (107.5 - 128.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 585-690 (181.1 - 213.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 420-498 (119.3 - 141.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Tera Ice Mienshao Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Great Tusk: 399-477 (107.5 - 128.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Tera Ice Mienshao Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Great Tusk: 399-477 (107.5 - 128.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

-1 252 Atk Life Orb Tera Ice Mienshao Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-Therian: 516-624 (135 - 163.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-Therian: 342-420 (89.5 - 109.9%) -- approx. 50% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-Therian: 531-624 (139 - 163.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Serperior: 351-414 (120.6 - 142.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ting-Lu: 273-327 (53.1 - 63.6%) -- approx. 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Knock Off

252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Dragapult: 380-447 (119.8 - 141%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gholdengo: 278-330 (88.2 - 104.7%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 196+ Def Gholdengo: 211-250 (55.8 - 66.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Iron Boulder: 218-257 (67.9 - 80%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Iron Crown: 268-317 (81.4 - 96.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Slowking-Galar: 322-380 (81.7 - 96.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Drain Punch

252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 468-554 (129.6 - 153.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 296-351 (91.6 - 108.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 296-351 (76.6 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Drain Punch vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Kingambit: 530-629 (132.5 - 157.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem: 338-400 (86.4 - 102.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Meowscarada: 416-491 (141.9 - 167.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I'd like to share some unique set options that I've been teching around with for a hot minute now. These sets in particular fulfill some unique and at times critical roles in OU. Several of you stated that my OU Lucario analysis didn't have the same kind of creative feeling and felt off compared to my other essay posts. So in the meantime while I continue to test :furret: on different OU archetypes, I wanted to quickly share some of the more unique sets that I've been developing and working with as of late to make up for my lack of Morkallion polish on that previous analysis.

Morkal's Technical Sets

Gallade

Gallade @ Expert Belt
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Sacred Sword
- Leaf Blade
- Psycho Cut

This has been an interesting set that I've been using as a makeshift emergency check to Iron Boulder, being able to live +2 from any of its most used moves thanks to Tera in addition to being able to OHKO it in return. Access to powerful moves like Sharpness-boosted Leaf Blade alongside its two STABs allows it to cut through some of the most potent Pokemon in the tier like Archaludon, Clodsire, Dondozo, Heatran, Kingambit, Kyurem, and more. With Agility, Gallade reaches a stunning

Damage

152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Archaludon: 420-497 (109.6 - 129.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Clodsire: 612-720 (132.1 - 155.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darkrai: 571-677 (203.2 - 240.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
152+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Deoxys-Speed: 159-188 (65.9 - 78%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dondozo: 230-271 (45.6 - 53.7%) -- 42.2% chance to 2HKO

152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 794-936 (219.9 - 259.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Glimmora: 446-526 (145.2 - 171.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Great Tusk: 324-384 (87.3 - 103.5%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Great Tusk: 324-384 (74.6 - 88.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 499-590 (129.2 - 152.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Iron Boulder: 420-497 (130.8 - 154.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fighting Iron Boulder: 492-583 (153.2 - 181.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

152+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Iron Crown: 220-259 (66.8 - 78.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Tera Fighting Iron Crown: 410-485 (124.6 - 147.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Iron Valiant: 446-528 (153.7 - 182%) -- guaranteed OHKO
152+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring: 253-298 (84 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Primarina: 449-530 (149.1 - 176%) -- guaranteed OHKO
152+ Atk Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 64 HP / 28 Def Raging Bolt: 229-271 (56.2 - 66.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Samurott-Hisui: 629-744 (195.9 - 231.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
152+ Atk Expert Belt Sharpness Gallade Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem: 571-677 (146 - 173.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Defensive

0 Atk Archaludon Dragon Tail vs. 0 HP / 104 Def Gallade: 84-99 (30.3 - 35.7%) -- 32.6% chance to 3HKO
252+ SpA Archaludon Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 202-238 (72.9 - 85.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Archaludon Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 124-147 (44.7 - 53%) -- 30.5% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Archaludon Electro Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 135-159 (48.7 - 57.4%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO

0 Atk Clodsire Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 104 Def Gallade: 105-124 (37.9 - 44.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Deoxys-Speed Psycho Boost vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 163-193 (58.8 - 69.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Dondozo Liquidation vs. 0 HP / 104 Def Gallade: 112-133 (40.4 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 104 Def Gallade: 207-244 (74.7 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Excadrill Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 104 Def Gallade: 166-196 (59.9 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Glimmora Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 88-104 (31.7 - 37.5%) -- 88.9% chance to 3HKO

0 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 120-142 (43.3 - 51.2%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO after trapping damage
252 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 145-172 (52.3 - 62%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after trapping damage

+2 252 Atk Quark Drive Iron Boulder Mighty Cleave vs. 0 HP / 104 Def Gallade: 234-276 (84.4 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Quark Drive Iron Boulder Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 104 Def Gallade: 197-232 (71.1 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Quark Drive Iron Boulder Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 104 Def Tera Grass Gallade: 164-193 (59.2 - 69.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252+ SpA Tera Fighting Iron Crown Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 137-162 (49.4 - 58.4%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Tera Fighting Iron Crown Stored Power (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 229-270 (82.6 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Iron Valiant Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Grass Gallade: 130-154 (46.9 - 55.5%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. 0 HP / 104 Def Gallade: 193-228 (69.6 - 82.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 104 Def Gallade: 160-189 (57.7 - 68.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 4 allies fainted Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 104 Def Gallade: 222-262 (80.1 - 94.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 104 Def Gallade: 238-282 (85.9 - 101.8%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Raging Bolt Thunderclap vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 117-138 (42.2 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Revavroom

Revavroom @ Shuca Berry
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Iron Head
- Temper Flare
- High Horsepower

Revavroom has very unique tools that allow it to function as a great cleaner in OU; thanks to a unique combination of the superb boosting move Shift Gear alongside Iron Head, Temper Flare, and High Horsepower further boosted with STAB. Revavroom can lure Gouging Fire, live an Earthquake thanks to the combination of Filter and Shuca Berry, then boost to clean up a weakened Gouging Fire or Terastallize to get a clean OHKO from full health on offensive DD variants. Additionally, Air Balloon Gholdengo can be capitalized on thanks to High Horsepower activating the boost for Temper Flare. Revavroom can also handle additional problematic threats like Iron Valiant and Raging Bolt thanks to Shift Gear +2 speed bringing it to a fantastic 558, outpacing Jolly Booster Iron Valiant's 546. The combination of STAB Steel with Fire and Ground coverage whomps a large portion of the metagame for super effective damage.

252+ Atk Gouging Fire Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Ground Revavroom: 216-255 (71.7 - 84.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Gouging Fire Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Shuca Berry Filter Revavroom: 180-213 (59.8 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252+ Atk Tera Ground Revavroom High Horsepower vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gouging Fire: 408-480 (116.2 - 136.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Revavroom High Horsepower vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gouging Fire: 272-320 (77.4 - 91.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Revavroom High Horsepower vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gouging Fire: 180-214 (51.2 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Revavroom Temper Flare (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gholdengo: 352-416 (111.7 - 132%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Revavroom Temper Flare (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 196+ Def Gholdengo: 396-466 (104.7 - 123.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Revavroom Iron Head vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Iron Valiant: 296-350 (102 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Tera Ground Revavroom High Horsepower vs. 64 HP / 28 Def Raging Bolt: 504-594 (123.8 - 145.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Mienshao

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

Mienshao occupies a critical niche as the only Fighting-type Pokemon in the game with Regenerator, allowing it to fire off powerful life orb boosted attacks off of its base 125 attack stat (five points higher than both Iron Boulder and Weavile, btw) without worrying about continued recoil from Life Orb or chip damage. Mienshao's power is impressive, chopping down critical OU threats while additionally utilizing its workable base 105 speed stat to zoom around some of the most critical threats in OU. STAB Drain Punch allows Mienshao to have further longevity alongside the utility of Knock Off and U-Turn. Triple Axel is incredible tech, allowing Mienshao to OHKO Pokemon like Great Tusk, Clodsire, and more.

Triple Axel

252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Clodsire: 498-594 (107.5 - 128.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 585-690 (181.1 - 213.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 420-498 (119.3 - 141.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

-1 252 Atk Life Orb Tera Ice Mienshao Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-Therian: 516-624 (135 - 163.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-Therian: 342-420 (89.5 - 109.9%) -- approx. 50% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-Therian: 531-624 (139 - 163.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Serperior: 351-414 (120.6 - 142.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ting-Lu: 273-327 (53.1 - 63.6%) -- approx. 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Knock Off

252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Dragapult: 380-447 (119.8 - 141%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gholdengo: 278-330 (88.2 - 104.7%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 196+ Def Gholdengo: 211-250 (55.8 - 66.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Iron Boulder: 218-257 (67.9 - 80%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Iron Crown: 268-317 (81.4 - 96.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Slowking-Galar: 322-380 (81.7 - 96.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Drain Punch

252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 468-554 (129.6 - 153.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 296-351 (91.6 - 108.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 296-351 (76.6 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Drain Punch vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Kingambit: 530-629 (132.5 - 157.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem: 338-400 (86.4 - 102.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Meowscarada: 416-491 (141.9 - 167.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
One of the item I feel particularly neat on Gallade was Scope Lens. Because slashing moves have high critical hit ratio (namely Leaf Blade and Psycho Cut on the set), running Scope Lens give you 50% crit rate on either of those moves, which helps in breaking past Iron Defense users. Aside from that, min defensive stats + focus sash might work as an Agility user, as you can pair it with Psychic Terrain to prevent priority move from being used and boost Psycho Cut damage. Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Mienshao is pleasantly surprisingly strong, I love it.

Morkal's Technical Sets

Gallade

Gallade @ Expert Belt
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Sacred Sword
- Leaf Blade
- Psycho Cut

This has been an interesting set that I've been using as a makeshift emergency check to Iron Boulder, being able to live +2 from any of its most used moves thanks to Tera in addition to being able to OHKO it in return. Access to powerful moves like Sharpness-boosted Leaf Blade alongside its two STABs allows it to cut through some of the most potent Pokemon in the tier like Archaludon, Clodsire, Dondozo, Heatran, Kingambit, Kyurem, and more. With Agility, Gallade reaches a great 518 speed tier outpacing some serious threats after just a single boost.

Damage

Defensive

Revavroom

Revavroom @ Shuca Berry
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Iron Head
- Temper Flare
- High Horsepower

Mienshao

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

Triple Axel

Knock Off

Drain Punch

I like all these sets, gallade I could see aqua cutter or shadow sneak also being good options to hit different mons. I don't have enough experience with revavroom to suggest anything. Meinshao is always an interesting mon, with regenerator and being a offensive mon, but I feel like special sets could be great for it as it has an alright 95 sp.A.

Back