Smogoff Conservative American Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the conservative version of, well, any politically based thread on here. The goal of this thread is not to start arguments with those who disagree with correct views, nor is it to start a "everyone's a cannibalistic pedophile" party or anything of the such. The goal of this thread is to talk about legitimate American conservative ideas that are well grounded (no fiscal responsibility nonsense) in a place where you won't instantly start getting hammered from the larger wrong presence on Smogoff.

But why have this thread instead of using the American thread? Well, there's a couple reasons. Namely, Smogoff is a website generally dominated by people who choose to share their idiocy, and people who tend to be more left leaning. That's not really news to anyone, considering a majority of Smogonites are young adults or teenagers with interests in complex strategy games, which tend to be more grounded in present realities in mindset. However, I've noticed in my few years of being here, especially on Pokemon Showdown, saying anything that's not repeated from J. Posadas tends to get you into a hostile situation very quickly. So, the goal of this thread is to have a place for Smogoff's few and far between conservatives and even moderate conservatives, such as myself, to discuss world events and pretty much anything that can have conservatism politically applied.

Like previously mentioned, be very careful in your wording, because one wrong step I feel can lead to a thread being nuked. However, I call upon the moderators and admins to let this thread live on in the name of free speech and the spread of ideas rooted in what I've heard on Youtube in the past six months. I, among many other people I'm sure, would be very disappointed to see something like this nuked based off simple disagreement. That being said, we'll follow the guidelines set, so we'll try to avoid some of the more touchy social issues. I'd also like to refrain from this thread becoming one giant cesspool of bad memes and trolling.

That all being said, let's get into some discussion!

Here's some basic talking points that I think would be fun to start off with:
* Is it ok to vote for a child molester, unless they're a Democrat?
* Should Patriotic Conservatives be recognised as first-class citizens?
* Does Ben Wapiro deserve a Nobel prize?
* Immigration: was Butcher Bill in Gangs of New York the good guy or the great guy?
* Is Joe Biden the worst president since FDR or Lincoln?
* Should NASA devote resources to changing the orbit of the planet to solve climate change?
* Who would like to have an affair with my wife as I watch from the outside window?
* Other world events, such as Israel and Palestine, etc.

If possible, please try and support any argument with links to blog entries and macros your uncle shared on facebook

Last edited:
Gun control-
1623492301439.png

... I-Is bad?
1623492393374.png

1623492514429.png

1623492600903.png

1623492753253.png

Kinder chocolate eggs? What’s the worst that’ll happen, the child will eat the toy inside? (Fact check if Kinder eggs have toys in them or if I’m thinking of something else)

They do have small toys that can be potential choking hazards.

Stupid Americans don't know that bullets are also a choking hazard :psygrump:

I believe there are some unique insights that conservatives can provide on a variety of social, political, and ethical issues. For instance, this is Ben Shapiro's highly sophisticated take on female streamers in hot tubs on Twitch:
Nowhere in the political discourse on hot tub streamers was there a voice to advance skin health advocacy and proper bathing habits. Conservativism, and more importantly Ben Shapiro, are vital parts of our social fabric and will continue to be so for years to come.

tbf "kiddy fiddler good if on right colour team" isn't a party-specific stance

Right? Remember that time the Democrats paraded around a Senator involved in trafficking kids as a "victim of the deep state?" Or that time they stuck with Senate and Presidential candidates that admitted to inappropriate sexual behaviour with kids? At least the GOP has the decency to dump predators immediately.

Dear LIEberal,

I accept my inflammatory way of speaking helped drive you away, but this is never what I wanted. The house feels so empty and incomplete without you. I've had a lot of time to reflect recently, and I realized a lot of my positions and biases were not the unassailable foundation I thought they were. Honestly, it's a bit scary going into the world without the clear, if wrong, understanding I used to start every day with. But I'm willing to do it for you, every day. Please come home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back