RMT--N00b's first team ever

I'm fairly new to competitive Pokemon, lurked here for a couple of months and battled a little with copied teams. This is my first self-made team ever, and needs a LOT of help.
EDITS: Removed Empoleon for Vaporeon and Salamence for Deoxys-e. Anything else? Is Shadow Ball better than Psychic on Deoxys?

Roserade (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- Toxic Spikes

This is my lead, for no other reason other than I like it a lot and have rarely used it. It has worked out fairly well, sleeping them and setting up Toxic Spikes.
---
Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Surf
- Wish
Replaces Empoleon.
---
Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/162 Atk/96 Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Explosion
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
Spinner/backup SR setup. Usually bring him in to spin, then when their spiker dies I explode. I've been thinking about replacing him as he hasn't done much. Starmie, Donphan or Tentacruel maybe?
---
Deoxys-e @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 6 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Superpower
- Psychic
Replaced Salamence for more late-game punch.
---
Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Leech Seed
- Reflect
- Recover
I got swept by Suicune a couple of times so I put this in to counter. Also helps against Gyarados. General support with Reflect and Leech Seed forces switches.
---
Metagross @ Lum Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 112 HP/184 Atk/212 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Pursuit
Revenge kills Gengar and takes out Deoxys-E. Also a pretty good combo with Salamence.

That's my team. I'm not very familiar with the threats of the metagame, so what am I weak to? Please rate!

4 out of your 6 pokemon are weak to fire. a Fast enough infernape or heatran would rip through roserade, celebi, metagross, and forretress without problem and both of those hace moves that could get a supereffective hit on empoleon (close combat for infernape, earth power for heatran). I'd suggest replacing forretress with Starmie to give you an extra fire-resistant pokemon that would possess a water stab to kill heatran or infernape.

I would put Starmie in as well. But if you keep forry, dont use "backup Stealth Rock" give him spikes and get a spiritomb or dusknoir to block spin and your team could destroy opponets simply on the switch in.

Meh, Starmie is an option, but not the best if you absolutely need to stop an oncoming Fire attack (SpecsTran will hurt Starmie a lot, even with Fire Blast)

Milotic, Vaporeon and Heatran are all better at stopping Heatran, although they are worse at stopping Infernape

Choose Tentacruel to wall Infernape and do something to Heatran if he is not using Earth Power

Adding to the above post.

You need Vaporeon on this team for quite a lot of things actually such as WishPassing, it can Phaze, and it can beat Gyarados, Infernape, and some what, Gliscor and Dragons. I would replace Empoleon for Vaporeon using a Bold Nature, and 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 SpA as the EV Spread. They moveset I would recommend is Wish, Ice Beam, Surf, and Roar. This way you can maintain everything you have and still be able to counter everything you need to, and can't already.

I also don't like the fact you don't have an all out attacker to finish this team off, when you've weakened the opponent enough. Because of this, I suggest you replace BulkyMence for Deoxys-S if this is on the Standard Ladder, or with Mix Attacking ScarfNape. If you decide to use any of them, here is the full info on them.

Infernape (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 32 Atk/224 Spd/252 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat
- U-turn
- Close Combat

Deoxys-e @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 6 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Superpower
- Psychic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)