SV OU (RANK #1 - 2078 ELO - 90.3 GXE) OP CHANSEY OFFENSE!?!?!

Chansey Offense
by spook

Introduction:
Hello everybody, I am back with a quick RMT about a powerful team I originally made to take advantage of the bulkier meta after Kyurem got banned. When Kyurem got unbanned, I made a some edits to the team (made Great Tusk tera ice) and decided to just keep laddering. The team still proved to be strong, but there is definitely room for improvement. Please Leave Suggestions/improvements that can make my squad better in the current meta. I have listed some of the obvious weaknesses with the team near the end of my post. Thanks!

Importable:
:Pecharunt::Chansey::Enamorus::Ogerpon-Wellspring::Great_Tusk::Kingambit:
(click above)

Proof of Peak:
1729648479406.png
For this team I made a new alt and laddered up, initially hitting #1 with 6 losses. I stayed at #1 for the next 10 days exclusively using this squad and at some point hit 90.3 GXE (This was the best screenshot I could find). Kyurem got unbanned right after my initial peak, but the team was only doing a bit worse so I kept on laddering and ended up climbing ~80 points. I haven't run into an unwinnable matchup on ladder yet (I just throw a LOT) which is why I think with some improvement the team can be really strong.

Team Description:
:SV/Pecharunt:
Pecharunt @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Poison Puppeteer
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Malignant Chain
- Hex
- Parting Shot
- Recover

Pivot Pecharunt is a Pokemon that has been getting more popular as of late. He tends to bait out steel types like Kingambit that get hit with a parting shot and let in a powerful attacker like Enamorus or Great Tusk. Pecharunt also has a really high defense stat which allows him to wall Pokemon like Zamazenta and Ogerpon-Wellspring. I am using a colbur berry because there are many dark types in the tier, so you can always trade a malignant chain with Samurott-Hisui or Darkrai if needed. I have enough speed for Moltres and jolly Kingambit, with the rest of the evs being invested in physical bulk.

:SV/Chansey:
Margaret (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

I got the idea to use Chansey a while back when I saw this really impressive RMT by Mimilimi. As Mimilimi explained in their post, Chansey is basically just a Blissey that has much better physical bulk, allowing it to stay in on physical attackers and potentially get some momentum with thunder wave or stealth rocks. This makes Chansey a special wall on offense that isn't all that passive in most matchups. One Pokemon that could be a problem for Chansey is tera ghost + substitute Iron Moth. If you get hit with a tera ghost substitute, you will probably end up burning tera yourself on Wellspring/Gambit and sack at least 1.5 mons. I am tera steel because I saw Mimilimi use it, but lmk if there is some better tera for this team.

:SV/Enamorus:
Enamorus @ Expert Belt
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash/Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Mystical Fire
- Superpower

This Enamorus set is what I initially set out to build around after Kyurem got banned. Nothing can switch in to these moves long term except for assault vest Tornadus-Therian (I kept getting farmed by that one hydrapple-torn team :blobpensive:). I'm pretty sure earth power into tera ground earth power kills Slowking-Galar but regardless, the next time you come in, if Slowking only got 1 regen off, you can 2hko with non-tera ep, which is what opens up easy predicts and surprise kills with your other moves. When Kyurem returned, I had to rely on bluffing timid to force it out, but obviously you won't be able to do that now with the team being public. This is why Naive could be a solid option - you will have to play better into Slowking-Galar and Zapdos squads, but the speed could be really helpful vs Kyurem, Iron Crown, that one OP Zarude team, etc.

:SV/Ogerpon-Wellspring:
Ogerpon-Wellspring (F) @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Encore

Ogerpon-Wellspring is a good pivot and water resist for the team while also using knock off to get rid of items. Encore is helpful against a lot of setup guys, along with sub protect kyurem who got unbanned recently. Kyurem can usually easily stall out encores, but that is not really an issue here since you can always just u-turn back to Chansey to scout for protect. Once you get a successful encore off, Kyurem becomes super passive and lets you gain an advantage if they choose to stay in.

:SV/Great_Tusk:
Great Tusk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Ice Spinner
- Rapid Spin

Great Tusk is the best hazard control in SV, and he is even better on this team. Normally if you do not have knock off, Sinistcha can always spin block Tusk. However, since we have a Chansey, Sinistcha actually has no way to effectively heal. Chansey hits an attack stat of 13 so Strength Sap doesn't work, and letting Chansey in for free means easy rocks/twave/chip on somebody. Enamorus can also come in on matcha gotcha and get a big hit off. This means that only Pokemon with defense investment that tera ghost (Gholdengo, Pecharunt, Ting-Lu, etc.) can prevent Tusk from spinning. Not having to run knock off also frees up a moveslot for close combat, which is great coverage for Kyurem, Corviknight, and dark types like Samurott-Hisui. Tera ice helps with Kyurem, and potentially getting a surprise kill on Gliscor.

:SV/Kingambit:
Kingambit @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Low Kick
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

When you get to the last Pokemon on your team and you don't have a dark and steel type... just use Kingambit it will work. I am shuca berry to beat defensive Great Tusk in the endgame or check Roaring Moon midgame. I originally had Kowtow but someone on ladder and hellom both told me to make it Low Kick for opposing Kingambit so I switched. I have enough speed for Clefable and paralyzed Kyurem, but you can really run whatever speed you want on Kingambit he will still be OP. Lastly I am tera fire to dodge burns and as an emergency fire resist since the team has none.

Threats:
:Assault_Vest::Tornadus_Therian: As I mentioned earlier, AV Torn is a big problem for the team because it can come in on Enamorus, the main breaker, and click any move it wants to force progress.
:Kingambit: Even with all the counter measures I have in place for Kingambit, it is still a bad mu if it is running low kick. Great Tusk is forced to spin a lot because the rest of the team is so weak to rocks, meaning he won't always be around late game to beat Gambit. A lot of the time you have to sack Chansey for the thunder wave and revenge with your own Kingambit.
:Moltres: walls Great Tusk and Enamorus. Pray tera fire Kingambit sweeps...
:Kyurem: I only ran into the mixed set one time, so I wasn't able to tell if it is a big threat to the team or not. Tera ice Great Tusk + Kingambit might be able to do the trick.
:Unown_Question: There are probably many threats I am forgetting. This team is solid but I think it can be improved to work amazing in the current meta!

Replays:
SD Gliscor BO
Roaring Moon Offense
Stall
Trick Room
Webs (Peak Game)
Rewer OLT Quarterfinals: G1 G3

Last edited:
Cool team Spook. I like the Enamorus set. Combination of Tera + Expert Belt makes a big difference against Slowking-Galar, which becomes much easier to KO with the combined damage boost rather than walling Enam like it typically does.

I made a post on the OU forums recently about a similar Iron Valiant Set (which you can read more on here) which also uses Expert Belt + Tera Stellar to lure and KO a few of its checks Slowking-Galar and Moltres. Think it could be a cool sidegrade to enamorus here since the higher speed tier lets it get the jump on a few key Pokemon like Ogerpon, it has the 4x Sucker Punch resistance for Kingambit, can lure in Moltres well with Thunderbolt, letting you possibly run a different Tera on Kingambit and can Knock Off Tornadus-T's AV letting it wear it down easier long-term with T-Bolt if you make the correct predicts. Of course, it does come with its own drawbacks, such as giving you worse defensive intgrity against Grounds, struggles vs Gholdengo, and still doesn't do too amazingly into AV Torn-T, so some accomadations with Tera Adjustments or teammates may have to be made.

Cool team Spook. I like the Enamorus set. Combination of Tera + Expert Belt makes a big difference against Slowking-Galar, which becomes much easier to KO with the combined damage boost rather than walling Enam like it typically does.

I made a post on the OU forums recently about a similar Iron Valiant Set (which you can read more on here) which also uses Expert Belt + Tera Stellar to lure and KO a few of its checks Slowking-Galar and Moltres. Think it could be a cool sidegrade to enamorus here since the higher speed tier lets it get the jump on a few key Pokemon like Ogerpon, it has the 4x Sucker Punch resistance for Kingambit, can lure in Moltres well with Thunderbolt, letting you possibly run a different Tera on Kingambit and can Knock Off Tornadus-T's AV letting it wear it down easier long-term with T-Bolt if you make the correct predicts. Of course, it does come with its own drawbacks, such as giving you worse defensive intgrity against Grounds, struggles vs Gholdengo, and still doesn't do too amazingly into AV Torn-T, so some accomadations with Tera Adjustments or teammates may have to be made.
Played roundabout 10 games with Enam and then with Valiant, offensively it felt like Val excerted more pressure but I really missed the ground immunity defensively as Waterpon doesnt enjoy switching into Headlong Rush. Had to sack mons multiple times to Tusk and one offensive Lando-T. I think changing Gambit to Balloon could work but as a whole Enam just fits this exact team better.
Also great team, Spook always delivers.

Back