Good Team?

• Yeah!

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Meh.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Pshh... No.

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
This is my third try at a VGC team. My first two sucked so badly, I don't even know what I was thinking.

Anyways, I don't know what EV Spreads I should put on some of these Mons yet because the Metagame hasn't completely developed yet, so right now I have pretty standard sets. I'm going to tweak them as I compile a threatlist for the 2015 Metagame.

Anyways, here's a team preview:
gallade-mega.gif
ambipom-f.gif
volcarona.gif
mawile-mega.gif
milotic-f.gif
aerodactyl.gif

As you can see, I do have two Megas on the team. Mega Gallade is my main Mega, because it's just so freaking awesome and I really want to use it. Mawile, on the other hand, is good for when the opponent runs big threats to Mega Gallade like:
Non-Support Talonflames (sometimes), Salamences, Gardevoir/Sylveon and fast Ghost Types that can oneshot/outspeed Aerodactyl (ie. Mega Gengar).

Now, onto the in-depth stuff.

Here's the formatting I'll be using:

Pokemon @ Item - Explanation
Ability - Explanation
EVs - Explanation
Nature - Explanation
- Move - Explanation
- Move - Explanation
- Move - Explanation
- Move - Explanation

Function on team + playstyle

Alrighty, onto the in-depth analysis:

MGallade_ORAS.gif

Gallade (M) @ Galladite - Mega!
Ability: Justified - Pseudo-Terracott
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe - Bulk and Speed, who needs Atk EVs when you have a Base 165 Atk??
Jolly Nature - Speed
- Drain Punch - More Bulk
- Knock Off - Good for Trick Room setters
- Swords Dance - When Pseudo-Terracott doesn't work :(
- Protect - It's VGC... everything needs Protect

So Mega Gallade, as stated before, is my main Mega Pokemon. It's sky high Atk and its really good Spe stats make it a really, and I mean REALLY, strong sweeper. So the idea with Gallade and Ambipom is to pull off a Pseudo-Terracott strategy if the opponent's leads aren't extremely offense oriented. Otherwise, Ambipom's Fake Out allows a relatively safe Swords Dance for Mega Gallade. Mega Gallade also runs Max HP for good bulk because after the Pseudo-Terracott strategy or a Swords Dance, Mega Gallade is pretty much stronger than 90% of the Physical Metagame (OK, Kang and Mawile... wutever). With this extra Bulk, Gallade can stay around for much longer, Punching and Knocking everything that comes in.

ambipom-f.gif

Ambipom @ Focus Sash - Just in case
Ability: Skill Link - So Beat Up does least amount of damage to Gallade
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe - I don't want any Atk on here, so all that's needed is Spe, the rest just goes into HP just in case Ambipom can survive more than what Sash leaves it with
Timid Nature - More Speed
IVs: 0 Atk - Beat Up does less
- Fake Out - So Gallade can get that Swords Dance
- Quick Guard - Stops Priority moves (especially Brave Bird from Talonflame) because Mega Gallade does outspeed most Mons
- Beat Up - Pseudo-Terracott
- Protect - Keeps Ambipom around for longer so it can use Quick Guard for a few more turns without going down

Ambipom is a pretty good partner for Mega Gallade, for now. Beat Up allows Ambipom to bring Gallade to +4 before it attacks, almost always ensuring an OHKO on an opponent. If that strategy looks like it won't work, Fake Out works well to give Mega Gallade a chance to Mega Evolve, get that speed boost, and Swords Dance. Then, using Quick Guard to stop any priority attacks from hitting, Mega Gallade can quite easily start picking off the opponent.
At this point, Ambipom will usually be sacked so that another support Mon can come in to help Gallade.
I probably want to redo the EV Spread on Ambipom, like take away some uneeded speed (make sure that it still outspeeds Kang and such) and put that into some more bulk maybe.

volcarona.gif

Volcarona @ Leftovers - Bulk
Ability: Flame Body - Netting burns all day
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD - Physical Bulk and Special Bulk is spread evenly
Bold Nature - More Physical Bulk
- Roost - OMG, more bulk
- Rage Powder - Core mechanic of this set
- Heat Wave - Picking off Steal Types for Mega Mawile and Bug Types for Mega Gallade (OK, not really. There are like NO Bug Types (besides Volcarona and some Heracrosses) in VGC)
- Protect - 4x weak to Rocks... gotta scout *sigh*

Bulky Volcarona actually works really well as a partner for Mega Gallade and Mega Mawile. It's Rage Powder can very easily draw attention away from the two Megas. For Gallade, it draws away non-spread Fairy Type moves. For Mawile, Fire Type and Single-Target Ground Types (like Earth Power). Its Heat Wave is also really good against Bisharps and other Steel Types that could either Sucker Punch Mega Gallade or Wall Mega Mawile's attacks.
Usually though, the most important thing that Volcarona does is allow Mawile to set up a Substitute by using Rage Powder.

mawile-mega.gif

Mawile @ Mawilite - Mega!
Ability: Intimidate - Bulk
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD - Special Bulk because there's already Intimidate, and who needs that much Atk when you already overkill everything??
Adamant Nature - OK, I still need some Atk
- Play Rough - Fairy STAB
- Iron Head - Steel STAB
- Substitute - One turn safety
- Protect - It's VGC and Fire/Ground Type attacks are really common

So Mega Mawile is the go-to Mega for when the Opponent has: Mega Salamence, Sylveon, Gardevoir, Mega Gallade, or other bulky Fairy Types. This set is also very standard. Usually Mega Mawile will hide behind a Substitute while Volcarona draws the attention away from it (many times dying in the process). And then, Mawile gets one turn to pretty much freely OHKO anything on the field, besides some really bulky Steel/Ground Types. Good thing Mawile has support for those opponents.

milotic-f.gif

Milotic @ Weakness Policy - When it does get hit by Super Effective stuff, it shits on people's lives
Ability: Competitive - Intimidate?? Pshhhhh
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD - Milotic has pretty OK Physical Defenses
Bold Nature - Need Physical bulk
- Ice Beam - Anything weak to ice just--poof--disappears
- Recover - Bulk
- Scald - Cripples Physical attackers (hopefully) and covers Mega Mawile's Fire Type weakness
- Protect - Scouting purposes

OMFG, this thing is so OP. This thing pretty much toys with Mega Salamence, Garchomp, Dragonite, or anything that has any sort of Ice Weakness or not very high Special Bulk. Especially under Tailwind from Aerodactyl, Milotic is a beast. And, if Thundurus or Mega Venusaur are out... OMG the amount of power that this thing has is unreal. So yeah, Milotic is one of the best stops to Intimidate reliant teams especially against Mega Manectric because that thing activates Milotic's Competitive and its Weakness Policy.

aerodactyl.gif

Aerodactyl @ Sitrus Berry - Bulk
Ability: Unnerve - Its not attacking, so this is the best option
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 196 Spe - 196 Spe outspeeds Timid Greninja and the rest of into HP and Atk
Jolly Nature - Speed
- Wide Guard - For stopping Earthquakes, Rock Slides and Hyper Voices
- Tailwind - Picking up Speed, mostly for Mega Gallade against fast sweepers and Mega Milotic
- Rock Slide - Hits Flying Types for Mega Gallade and Fire Types for Mega Mawile
- Protect - Scouting... and it's VGC (I know I've said this like, idk 5 times already, but seriously, that's why)

Aerodactyl does a good job supporting both Mega Mawile and Mega Gallade. Its Wide Guard does a really good job keeping Earthquakes away from both Mega Gallade and Mega Mawile and Hyper Voices (from Pixilate and Aerilate users) away from Mega Gallade. The Rock Slides it drops are really good for when Mega Gallade and Mega Mawile are protecting to knock out threatening Talonflames. But its main job is to get Tailwind up.

And that's the team, I hope everyone will critique the crap out of it because I really want to make this team strong.

Thanks!

gallade-mega.gif
ambipom.gif
volcarona.gif
mawile-mega.gif
milotic.gif
aerodactyl.gif

Aerodactyl @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wide Guard
- Tailwind
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Ambipom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fake Out
- Quick Guard
- Beat Up
- Protect

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Rage Powder
- Heat Wave
- Protect

Milotic (F) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Protect
- Scald

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Substitute
- Protect

Before we start, I strongly suggest you read ALL of this, because your team does require a lot of improvements.

Alright, without being insulting what-so-ever, i'm going to say that you team only holds decent synergy together and has SOME FORM OF UTILITY. (THIS CAN BE IMPROVED) I really don't mean to be rude, but the sets, including EV spreads and the like, REALLY need improvement or you'll find yourself in a ''checkmate'' position in most battles and you'll only win around 2 or 3 out of 10, which seems quite odd. But, all things aside, I'm here to make your team better! Don't give up now, we'll get through this! (Sorry if you felt insulted in any way, it was not meant that way. It was supposed to be constructive.)

Let's start, shall we?

Firstly, although it's only four pokemon being picked in VGC, I would suggest that you only run one Mega Evolution so that your pokemon are more flexible in battles. For example, you may be required to lead with Gallade and Mawile, but only one can mega. That means that you've basically wasted a teamslot that could be used for more utility to give you an upper hand or some form of competition in general in battle.

Now, in terms of either Gallade or Mawile, I suggest picking Gallade. Why? Well, Mawile doesn't actually do much besides wall other pokemon with its amazing typing. But, other pokemon also can wall these pokemon, namely another steel type. What do I suggest you use in this Wildcard position? Well, I'd recommend Scizor for this role. Why Scizor? Well, it fulfills the Setup Sweeper part that Gallade had, meaning that it doesn't lose any viability that Gallade had. Also, Bullet Punch bypasses priority, making it even more useful in taking out Fairies. Bug Bite helps in countering Trick Room Cresselia and other Psychic Types, which makes your team able to apply offensive pressure to your team a lot easier.

Oh, one final thing. Why are you using Ambipom? There are so many better pokemon in the tier that can basically do the same role as it. Beat Up + Justified is an EXTREMELY gimmicky set that is very situational; meaning that there is no point using it unless you're actually planning to troll, etc. It shouldn't be used in this case especially with the abundance of Talonflame. So, with this new slot, I recommend a Fake Out and Quick/Wide Guard user. Hence, I suggest using Hitmontop. Why? Well, Hitmontop is easily one of the best support pokemon in Doubles/VGC. Knowing this, It has access to Fake Out, the 'Guards' and Helping Hand. But, for the sake of your team (who doesn't require Priority support seeing as though none are really weak to Priority, Wide Guard is going to be used. Also, this pokemon is weak to Earthquake; Wide Guard fixes that successfully. Plus, Milotic with Speed Control can take out Ground Types with ease.

Now, Aerodactyl is not really required anymore seeing as though other pokemon fulfull its roles. This team is more suited to a Bulky Offense more than a Hyper Offense; which is why I suggest you run Heatran in place of Aerodactyl. This pokemon provides a unique typing that supports Scizor and Gallade in ways that are unimaginable. It's able to take out the Fairies that Gallade die to; provide as a Lure for Milotic for Water Types, and is able to supply your team with type support that is quite valuable.

Sorry for all the changes; but this is the last one. Volcarona has a very poor defensive typing, being weak to the common Rock, Water and Flying types, making it a poor Rage Powder user. A pokemon that goes well with Heatran while still removing Fairy pokemon and Trick Room is Amoonguss. One of my personal favourites of VGC, it provides a Trick Room counter and Spore support, which is always helpful. It absorbs Water and Fairy moves like a boss aimed at Heatran and Gallade, making it a superb partner for the two.

Now, I feel as if I only have minor changes from here. So, I'm going to do each individual pokemon and recommend changes that I feel will boost their usefulness in battle.

Gallade:
1. Change the EV spread to 140 HP / 252 Atk / 116 Spe with an Adamant Nature This EV spread is custom for more bulk but being able to outspeed max base 80s, such as Mamoswine.
2. Replace the moveset to Drain Punch / Zen Headbutt / Knock off / Protect. This is a standard set that has nothing wrong with it; as it provides bulky damage output.

Milotic:

1.Replace Weakness Policy > Wacan Berry for taking stray Thunderbolts, Discharges or Thunders from Rotom-W or Thundurus, which makes it a better tank in general as well as provides some longevity.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

212.png

Scizor @ Occa Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Protect

237.png

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 60 Def / 60 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Wide Guard
- Protect / Feint

485.png

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon / Ancient Power

591.png

Amoonguss @ Mental Herb / Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore / Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Before we start, I strongly suggest you read ALL of this, because your team does require a lot of improvements.

Alright, without being insulting what-so-ever, i'm going to say that you team only holds decent synergy together and has SOME FORM OF UTILITY. (THIS CAN BE IMPROVED) I really don't mean to be rude, but the sets, including EV spreads and the like, REALLY need improvement or you'll find yourself in a ''checkmate'' position in most battles and you'll only win around 2 or 3 out of 10, which seems quite odd. But, all things aside, I'm here to make your team better! Don't give up now, we'll get through this! (Sorry if you felt insulted in any way, it was not meant that way. It was supposed to be constructive.)

Let's start, shall we?

Firstly, although it's only four pokemon being picked in VGC, I would suggest that you only run one Mega Evolution so that your pokemon are more flexible in battles. For example, you may be required to lead with Gallade and Mawile, but only one can mega. That means that you've basically wasted a teamslot that could be used for more utility to give you an upper hand or some form of competition in general in battle.

Now, in terms of either Gallade or Mawile, I suggest picking Gallade. Why? Well, Mawile doesn't actually do much besides wall other pokemon with its amazing typing. But, other pokemon also can wall these pokemon, namely another steel type. What do I suggest you use in this Wildcard position? Well, I'd recommend Scizor for this role. Why Scizor? Well, it fulfills the Setup Sweeper part that Gallade had, meaning that it doesn't lose any viability that Gallade had. Also, Bullet Punch bypasses priority, making it even more useful in taking out Fairies. Bug Bite helps in countering Trick Room Cresselia and other Psychic Types, which makes your team able to apply offensive pressure to your team a lot easier.

Oh, one final thing. Why are you using Ambipom? There are so many better pokemon in the tier that can basically do the same role as it. Beat Up + Justified is an EXTREMELY gimmicky set that is very situational; meaning that there is no point using it unless you're actually planning to troll, etc. It shouldn't be used in this case especially with the abundance of Talonflame. So, with this new slot, I recommend a Fake Out and Quick/Wide Guard user. Hence, I suggest using Hitmontop. Why? Well, Hitmontop is easily one of the best support pokemon in Doubles/VGC. Knowing this, It has access to Fake Out, the 'Guards' and Helping Hand. But, for the sake of your team (who doesn't require Priority support seeing as though none are really weak to Priority, Wide Guard is going to be used. Also, this pokemon is weak to Earthquake; Wide Guard fixes that successfully. Plus, Milotic with Speed Control can take out Ground Types with ease.

Now, Aerodactyl is not really required anymore seeing as though other pokemon fulfull its roles. This team is more suited to a Bulky Offense more than a Hyper Offense; which is why I suggest you run Heatran in place of Aerodactyl. This pokemon provides a unique typing that supports Scizor and Gallade in ways that are unimaginable. It's able to take out the Fairies that Gallade die to; provide as a Lure for Milotic for Water Types, and is able to supply your team with type support that is quite valuable.

Sorry for all the changes; but this is the last one. Volcarona has a very poor defensive typing, being weak to the common Rock, Water and Flying types, making it a poor Rage Powder user. A pokemon that goes well with Heatran while still removing Fairy pokemon and Trick Room is Amoonguss. One of my personal favourites of VGC, it provides a Trick Room counter and Spore support, which is always helpful. It absorbs Water and Fairy moves like a boss aimed at Heatran and Gallade, making it a superb partner for the two.

Now, I feel as if I only have minor changes from here. So, I'm going to do each individual pokemon and recommend changes that I feel will boost their usefulness in battle.

Gallade:
1. Change the EV spread to 140 HP / 252 Atk / 116 Spe with an Adamant Nature This EV spread is custom for more bulk but being able to outspeed max base 80s, such as Mamoswine.
2. Replace the moveset to Drain Punch / Zen Headbutt / Knock off / Protect. This is a standard set that has nothing wrong with it; as it provides bulky damage output.
Milotic:
1.Replace Weakness Policy > Wacan Berry for taking stray Thunderbolts, Discharges or Thunders from Rotom-W or Thundurus, which makes it a better tank in general as well as provides some longevity.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

212.png

Scizor @ Occa Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Protect

237.png

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 60 Def / 60 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Wide Guard
- Protect / Feint

485.png

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon / Ancient Power

591.png

Amoonguss @ Mental Herb / Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore / Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Wow! This is some amazing advice you're dishing out here! And definitely no offense taken. Anything that can improve this team is well appreciated. So, onto the changes I guess.
I really like adding Scizor in as the setup sweeper after playing through a few matches with your set, and that leaves Mega Gallade in the back as almost like a cleaning sweeper. But I would like to ask what the 172 Spe EVs are trying to outspeed?

For Hitmontop, that priority Brave Bird does strike once in a while, and Quick Guard would be really appreciated in those situations. Right now, the only I can do is sack Amoonguss through using Rage Powder and hitting Talonflame with another move. But I also really don't want to give up Wide Guard because Heat Waves and Aerilated/Pixilated Hyper Voices are everywhere in VGC it feels like. So I'm really torn between those two right now. I'm thinking of giving up Close Combat to fit both in, but that would make Hitmontop pretty useless once its partner faints... So I don't know what to do here.

I like Heatran a lot, so I'm not going to say much about it. Though, I'm just trying to prepare myself for catching a good IV Heatran in-game.

As for Amoonguss, this is a really really good suggestion. The reason I had chosen to use Volcarona before is because of its access to Roost, but I guess recovery doesn't matter as much when you're already dead from Rocks.

Now back up to the top. The new Gallade set seems pretty solid, but fast Ghost Types like Mega Gengar (or normal Gengar) and faster hard hitters such as Mega Kangaskhan just ruin Gallade's day. So right now I'm wondering if there's any way to work in Tailwind into this team to give Milotic some speed control and to give this team the upper hand when dealing with fast Ghost Types. Though I guess Milotic does stop almost every and all attacks, there's no speed control on this team at the moment. Which could potentially be a problem with a ton of fast Megas running around.

Oh, and where did you get those sprites?? They're so cute!

Ahem, anyways. Really thanks for your comments. This was probably a pretty shitty team at first glance because I am still relatively new to the VGC format. I was watching the Worlds for VGC and decided to make a team.

Wait, before I forget. I think I'm going to try to play with Weakness Policy a bit more. Usually a Thunderbolt from a VGC Thundurus does about 50%, well in the range of Recover. And if I could get up some speed control after a Weaknes Policy boost, Milotic can easily dispatch Flying, Ground, Dragon, and Fire Types.

But yeah, really thank you for your comments!

Wow! This is some amazing advice you're dishing out here! And definitely no offense taken. Anything that can improve this team is well appreciated. So, onto the changes I guess.
I really like adding Scizor in as the setup sweeper after playing through a few matches with your set, and that leaves Mega Gallade in the back as almost like a cleaning sweeper. But I would like to ask what the 172 Spe EVs are trying to outspeed?

For Hitmontop, that priority Brave Bird does strike once in a while, and Quick Guard would be really appreciated in those situations. Right now, the only I can do is sack Amoonguss through using Rage Powder and hitting Talonflame with another move. But I also really don't want to give up Wide Guard because Heat Waves and Aerilated/Pixilated Hyper Voices are everywhere in VGC it feels like. So I'm really torn between those two right now. I'm thinking of giving up Close Combat to fit both in, but that would make Hitmontop pretty useless once its partner faints... So I don't know what to do here.

I like Heatran a lot, so I'm not going to say much about it. Though, I'm just trying to prepare myself for catching a good IV Heatran in-game.

As for Amoonguss, this is a really really good suggestion. The reason I had chosen to use Volcarona before is because of its access to Roost, but I guess recovery doesn't matter as much when you're already dead from Rocks.

Now back up to the top. The new Gallade set seems pretty solid, but fast Ghost Types like Mega Gengar (or normal Gengar) and faster hard hitters such as Mega Kangaskhan just ruin Gallade's day. So right now I'm wondering if there's any way to work in Tailwind into this team to give Milotic some speed control and to give this team the upper hand when dealing with fast Ghost Types. Though I guess Milotic does stop almost every and all attacks, there's no speed control on this team at the moment. Which could potentially be a problem with a ton of fast Megas running around.

Oh, and where did you get those sprites?? They're so cute!

Ahem, anyways. Really thanks for your comments. This was probably a pretty shitty team at first glance because I am still relatively new to the VGC format. I was watching the Worlds for VGC and decided to make a team.

Wait, before I forget. I think I'm going to try to play with Weakness Policy a bit more. Usually a Thunderbolt from a VGC Thundurus does about 50%, well in the range of Recover. And if I could get up some speed control after a Weaknes Policy boost, Milotic can easily dispatch Flying, Ground, Dragon, and Fire Types.

But yeah, really thank you for your comments!

Can't be bothered typing today, so I'll just say it in bullet points.
  • 172 EVs are for min speed Rotom-W so that you can outspeed it before it WoW's you.
  • For Hitmontop, you're also able to try out Quick Guard in place of Protect/Feint. However, that does leave Hitmontop itself completely vulnerable to onslaught and cannot protect itself at all.
  • If you want tailwind support, you can give it to Scizor in replacement of Swords Dance; but, the power difference is very noticeable. Once again, it's up to you.
  • Using Wacan Berry on Milotic allows for some additional bulk with the berry; but, if Weakness Policy worked for you (can't take physical hits though), continue to use it. This isn't a forceful suggestion; but I only recommend what I think is best. Competitive gives itself a special attack boost anyway, but it's up to you.
  • Also, if you want to add FURTHER Tailwind support, you're actually able to replace Milotic for Suicune which may do the job better. Its added bulk might be able to give it the upper hand on using Weakness Policy; as well as being able to learn Tailwind. It retains the Bulky Water role, and is a very effective lure for Rotom-W; which will activate its Policy using Volt Switch. Just for some calcs (offenses taken from analyses of opposing pokemon)
52+ SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 240-284 (64.6 - 76.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Rotom-W Volt Switch vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 140-168 (37.7 - 45.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 284-336 (76.5 - 90.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Just gonna put the Suicune set down here for you.

245.png

Suicine @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Protect / Roar / Hidden Power [Grass]

Speed EVs are to outspeed Bisharp/Breloom/Base 70s at max speed and neutral nature.

Can't be bothered typing today, so I'll just say it in bullet points.
  • 172 EVs are for min speed Rotom-W so that you can outspeed it before it WoW's you.
  • For Hitmontop, you're also able to try out Quick Guard in place of Protect/Feint. However, that does leave Hitmontop itself completely vulnerable to onslaught and cannot protect itself at all.
  • If you want tailwind support, you can give it to Scizor in replacement of Swords Dance; but, the power difference is very noticeable. Once again, it's up to you.
  • Using Wacan Berry on Milotic allows for some additional bulk with the berry; but, if Weakness Policy worked for you (can't take physical hits though), continue to use it. This isn't a forceful suggestion; but I only recommend what I think is best. Competitive gives itself a special attack boost anyway, but it's up to you.
  • Also, if you want to add FURTHER Tailwind support, you're actually able to replace Milotic for Suicune which may do the job better. Its added bulk might be able to give it the upper hand on using Weakness Policy; as well as being able to learn Tailwind. It retains the Bulky Water role, and is a very effective lure for Rotom-W; which will activate its Policy using Volt Switch. Just for some calcs (offenses taken from analyses of opposing pokemon)
52+ SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 240-284 (64.6 - 76.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Rotom-W Volt Switch vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 140-168 (37.7 - 45.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 284-336 (76.5 - 90.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Just gonna put the Suicune set down here for you.

245.png

Suicine @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Protect / Roar / Hidden Power [Grass]

Speed EVs are to outspeed Bisharp/Breloom/Base 70s at max speed and neutral nature.

Wow, you are just full of great advice.

I think i'm going to permanently switch over to the Suicune set. And just Suicune as a Tailwinder is good enough for the team.

Back