Pet Sounds - Beach Boys

Genre; Rock

Probably the best album I have ever heard. This album shows deep grown in Brian Wilson's Lyrics, while expanding It's creativity from the band's early days.

Wouldn't It be Nice -

The first track of the album starts with the right foot. This song has a particular tune that is just vibrating, one of the best songs in here. Brian sings in the lead and Mike Love on the bridge, showing a deep harmony on vocals. **** out of *****

You Still Believe In Me -

The unique intro and Brian's job with the Soprano, all added to the beautiful vocal solo in the end grant this song a nice score. Beautiful lyrics, indeed. **** out of *****

That's Not Me -

Awesome Bass line, Mike's great voice, good percussion and overall beautiful thematic. This song has a lot to be like me, so It's one of the best. **** out of *****

Don't Talk -

It's only points, IMO, is the line 'Listen to My heart... beat!'. Overall, It isn't the song of my preference. *** out of *****

I'm Waiting For The Day -

Now this one is something you should really listen. The flutes' harmony, the hard, powerful beat, the beautiful back vocals and lyrics deepness are worth to mention. ***** out of *****

Let's Go Away For A While -

A very good piece of instrumental music. This song contain many intruments as a semi-steel, guitar, violins, piano, saxes, two basses, percussion and many others. **** out of *****

Sloop John B -

This one is also very good, holding great harmony between vocals and featuring a 12 String Guitar. I like a lot the Bass line from this one. **** out of *****

God Only Knows -

This is probably one of the most beautiful love songs ever writed. Beatiful lyrics, awesome intro and overall sound, with the well known Beach Boys' vocal harmony. ***** out of *****

I Know There's An Answer -

Very nice song overall. Not much to say about It, just another hit with the well known well and deep thought lyrics. *** */2 out of *****

Here Today -

Awesome Bass lines, horn arrangement and Tempo changes, really good music with very talented vocals. **** out of *****

I Just Wasn't Made For These Times -

Incredible Vocal Harmony in the Choruses and beatiful lyrics as well. **** out of *****

Pet Sounds -

I don't know about other people that appreciate instrumental lines, but this one is amazing. Just amazing. The harmony between the instruments, especially the saxes, is just perfect IMO. ***** out of *****

Caroline No -

Meh, I don't like this one very much, but It is surely meaningful. *** out of *****

Hang On To Your Ego -

Basically the same as 'I Know There Is An Answer'. *** */2 out of *****

Finishing words;

A must to anyone with taste for good music. One of the most influentional albuns ever. ***** out of *****

There are only like two weak songs on this album. I rate music pretty harshly, and I would rate nine of these songs as four stars or higher. Just out of your mind beautiful stuff here.

Back