SS OU One of my first teams any advice?

Newer player, so sorry if the team isnt the best. I saw a team and took a few of the mons but changed some mons and movesets to fit my playstyle and to adjust to weaknesses I saw.

Zeraora @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Power-Up Punch
- Play Rough
- Close Combat

First off, zeraora. Outspeeds most unsashed mons and has a good coverage of moves. PuP for low health revenge kills. Gets most of the kills later game on my team. PuP maybe replaceable for throat chop or grass knot depending on coverage needed.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Landerous can get kills if scarf is unexpected. Explosion for a last resort kill or to take down a wall. Provides good defence and offence that the team needs get going. Maybe I can run a bulkier set?

Rillaboom @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Drain Punch
- High Horsepower

Decent defence to switch into. Hits hard especially aftet a swords dance. Added prioty move for when needed. Grassy seed seems to work in some matches to help in sweeps and seting up but I feel like it takes away a core defensive memebr of the team. I would usually switch into it when needed for a type matchup but the item gets used up and the opponent just swaps out. Maybe life orb wpuld be better?

Blacephalon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flame Charge
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse

Blacephalon probably my favorite mon in the team. It comes in for low health revenge kills with flame charge gets the two boosts after the turn add kinda just sweeps. Also flame charge at full health is good cus of the focus sash. I dont find myself using dark pulse a lot. Do you think psychic or like calm mind would go better?

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 184 HP / 72 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Defog
- Taunt

Tapu fini is the main defensive anchor of the team able to take physical and special attacks. Defog just to get rid of hazards so the sweepers can do better. Taunt is good for the players who dont expect it. Is taunt good on this or should i replace it with something else?

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 108 HP / 20 Def / 148 SpA / 232 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Aura Sphere
- Psychic
- Soft-Boiled

Mew is mainly a special defender but has a bit of defensive bulk as well. Soft boiled for easy heals especially because of syncro making toxic stalling basically impossible with some mons. Rocks to have some kind of hazard. Usually start with mew or Landorus. Psychic just good stab and aura sphere does good against some of the types that worries me like dark and ice. Some mons are super hard to hit with only those moves but I think they're the better option

Any recomendations for changes to the team would be greatly appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)