OMFL V - Finals [Won by Psycho Psyducks]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turtle-5 (1).png

Art by the amazing DaWolfKid
Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Semifinals | Finals
Information Thread | Roster | Schedule | Standings | Replays
How this works

There will be between 6 teams this year. Each team will have 6 starters and at least 3 subs (minimum roster size of 9). The players are bought using the 100k credits that managers receive during the auction. Managers and co-managers will be allowed to purchase themselves as players for their team at a fixed price of 13.5k. The managers must inform the hosts (BoingK, Akeras and velvet) of all self-purchases before the beginning of the auction. Teams can win their weekly matchups by winning 4 of the 6 matches their players have to play. Players listed on an OMPL roster will not be allowed to play but may still manage a team. Those managing an OMPL team will not be allowed to play or manage.

This year's tiers are Almost Any Ability, Balanced Hackmons, Godly Gift, Mix and Mega, STABmons, and Inheritance.

It is recommended that all games are played on SmogTours with the current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. Games can be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server if and only if both players agree, but run a higher risk of interference from server restarts/crashes. The result between players may be decided in a best-of-one or best-of-three at both players' discretion. If there is no agreement, the result will decided in a Bo1 by default.

Points will be awarded according to the result in a week: a win is 2 points, a draw is 1 point, and a loss awards no points. In addition, the manner in which the round has been won will also be recorded, i.e. the difference between a team's wins and losses in a specific week's round (referred to as "Win Differential").

Playoffs:
Each team will play one another in a round-robin regular season format. Based on the final standings, the top 4 teams will enter the knockout phase of the tournament, with the semi-finals consisting of the first seed playing the fourth seed, and the second seed playing the third seed. Finals will then consist of the winners of each semi-final draw.

Tiebreaker

In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or there is a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).

Tiebreak Procedure:
Both teams submit three strike choices, ranked. The hosts process both lists at the same time until we end up with three metas (if both of them strike the same meta at some point) or more likely, four unstruck metas. If there are four, the hosts randomly pick three of the four for tiebreaker.

Substitutes

Substitutes are to be used in the case of extenuating circumstances, whether on the first day of the week, or the last. At the same time, players should be relatively well-aware of who all are available to play in the opponent's camp. If last-minute substitutes are being frequently used or abused and the hosts find explanations unsatisfactory, the hosts still reserve the right to veto them. Teams are only granted a maximum of two substitutes per week to prevent the abuse of substitutions. Any substitutions after the second will be vetoed.

Welcome to finals! Congratulations to the teams that have made it this far - we are all looking forward to some great gaming!​
  • Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.
>>Spreadsheet thanks to the amazing Ticken<<
>>Replays and Usage Stats<<

:oshawott:Oshawott's Up (0) vs (6) Psycho Psyducks :psyduck:
AAA: rarre vs sealoo
BH: Stolen Identity vs Hiusi guy
STAB: Palapapop vs Fluore
MnM: berry vs TKYSZL
GG: a fairy vs Rei
Inh: Swagata Mitra vs Byleth

The deadline for this round is Sunday, July 21st at 11:59 PM GMT-7.

Oshawott's Up (0) vs (0) Psycho Psyducks
AAA: rarre vs sealoo
BH: Stolen Identity vs Hiusi guy
STAB: Palapapop vs Fluore
MnM: berry vs TKYSZL
GG: a fairy vs Rei
Inh: Swagata Mitra vs Byleth

Last edited:
psure it should be the opposite way around velv but anyways
Oshawott's Up (1) vs (5) Psycho Psyducks (in this case they are the oshawotts lmao)
AAA: sealoo vs rarre
BH: Hiusi guy vs Stolen Identity
STAB: Fluore vs Palapapop
MnM: TKYSZL vs berry
GG: Rei vs a fairy
Inh: Byleth vs Swagata Mitra
as for bh reviews ill post them with finals

Gg reviews will return for one last week, but for now it's time for certified BoingK 5 minute phone predicts

Oshawott's Up (2) vs (4) Psycho Psyducks
AAA: sealoo vs rarre - The Goat of NDNFE will smack ZasNOOB's Psyducks IF he accepts that PIKACHU is a meta threat...
BH: Hiusi guy vs Stolen Identity - I love hiusi but this is close to no contest, SI has shown again and again their dominance over the BH pool
STAB: Fluore vs Palapapop - Fluore is a cracked clicker and this will come down to prep
MnM: TKYSZL vs berry - still a very good player, will be a fun one to watch
GG: Rei vs a fairy - gonna go for the better record
Inh: Byleth vs Swagata Mitra - swaggy is back and remains insanely cracked, but byleth is an equal, so this should be the game of the week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back