OMFL V - Commencement Thread

IMG_3279.png

Art thanks to the incredible DaWolfKid
Thread stolen from OMPL, credit to UT, berry and Vertigo">Vertigo
Use this thread if you want to bring up drafts, power rankings, predictions, fun OMFL activities, or any other sort of civil discussion related to OMFL and our competitive players. Please keep it related to the tournament and players, and avoid personal attacks or unrelated one-liners. Your posts don't have to be entirely serious but don't take it too far. This thread will be moderated and posts derailing it will be deleted. Have fun!

:smogduck: Psycho Psyducks Tryouts for OMFL :smogduck:

Hey all you quackers and future OM legends! The Psycho Psyducks are gearing up for the OMFL Tournament, and we need YOU to bring your A-game (and maybe some snacks).

Do you have what it takes?
Can you battle like a boss and strategize like a pro? Do you know your EVs from your IVs? Are you motivated, love to shittalk, and interested in OMs but don't know where to start? If yes, then we want you on our team!

Tryout Details:
Date: Any day
Time: Whenever SpaceSpeakers is online

How to tryout:
  1. Post a video of your best touchdown dance (extra points for creativity).
  2. Submit your ATM card pin number.
  3. Write a 500-word essay on why ducks are superior to chickens (hint: they just are).
  4. Troll SpaceSpeakers.
What We’re Looking For:
  • Motivated chatterboxes.
  • Shitposters.
  • People who know what imposter proofing is (I don't).
Perks of Joining:
  • Free duck calls (and therapy sessions after our pep talks).
  • A chance to wear our legendary Psyducks jersey (you may or may not get them).
  • Bragging rights (and some questionable advice from Managers).
Don’t Miss Out!
Join the Psycho Psyducks and be part of the most epic (and slightly insane) team in the OMFL! Message us with your best puns to secure your spot at the tryouts.
Once again, :psyglad: JOIN OUR DISCORD :psyglad:!
(Post your replays, ladder peaks, achievements, etc.)

With signups locked and the auction in roughly an hour, it's time for me to make a big dump! Unfortunately there have been no moccs :( depsite that I will push on and make

BoingK's Big Bucketlist :tm:
This is essentially an analysis of the player pool at the moment. I'll break it down into two parts: a brief overview of the separate tiers, and then a more indepth watchlist of players that I expect could be good. Mainly as a heavily subjective guide for managers given the lack of moccs we've had

Part 1: Tier Breakdown

AAA
- The most subscribed tier at 49 signups. This pool is VERY stacked, there are a lot of good players in here - both in terms of builders and clickers, so this shouldn't be a huge concern for most managerial pairs, especially since most of the managerial pairs also have half a hand on AAA themselves.

BH - On the contrary, this is probably the pool most lacking in depth - so getting a BH player is a must for managers without experience in the tier. 28 signups doesn't look bad on the surface, but given how difficult BH is to play, you're really looking at getting a mainer or someone with sufficient experience here - the list of mainers starts and ends at damflame 3 and rightclicker. Yoko might have been a BH player (I can't remember!) but they've been so out of the community that they would just be a very strong clicker. There are a few other players who could possibly click in this slot but you'd really need external support to make this work, or be proficient at BH yourself as a manager to provide teams to your clicker. TLDR this slot is dire and I expect a lot of competition for these players.

INH - This tier is very easy to pick up, and there is decent room for innovation while being decently well-trodden as a metagame. Therefore most tour players should be able to slot in fairly comfortably - building is the only real step up here.

MNM - The third most subscribed tier, and there are a lot of good potential players here. Shouldn't be too much of a concern for managers with the depth of the pool.

STAB - The ultimate clicker tier! There are a lot of good players here too, so shouldn't be too much of a concern.

GG - I lied, this is the ultimate clicker tier. This is probably the best place to draft a random clicker and stick em in here, it isn't hard to build GG despite a noticeable lack of resources compared to the other tiers on this list. Some notable players here Wes8888 who mains the tier, Concept Everything who I've seen click the tier very well and LouisIX who played the tier for the Chinese team last OMWC.

TLDR: BH player pool sucks, other tiers either have a strong pool or are easy to pick up.

Part 2: The Bucketlist Watchlist
This is probably the segment I have more to say about, this is where I am basically going to rant about players who I think are either a) good or b) could be good. As this is purely subjective, I am not going to include everyone in the pool on this list - simply because I don't know 'em all. That doesn't mean they're bad or mid at all - I could really be sleeping on some picks here. But with that in mind, here are some players I think will do well in this tour:

berry - If she was not hosting OMPL, she would have been drafted without a doubt. Probably the best player in the roster pool, with a long history in OMs.

rightclicker - one of two recognised BH players in the pool, and I'm shocked he didn't get drafted in OMPL. He is probably going to have a strong performance this time out and this is one of the players you can probably predict a +15k bid on.

damflame 3 - The other recognised BH player, and not entirely sure why they didn't get drafted in OMPL either! Has been slightly less active as of late but is still a very strong player.

Dragonillis - This guy is very good. I'm not entirely sure why they are here and not signing up / drafted in OMPL, maybe they haven't played OMs in a while and are looking to get back in. Slightly insane that they ended up here though.

Hera - Possibly the strongest AAA player in the pool. Genuinely don't understand how they didn't get drafted in OMPL but here we are.

LouisIX - I'm not going to shoutout every tour player because you probably should know who they are, but Louis has OMWC experience and is just generally very good at the game.

Shing - This guy is goated at NFE - clearly a strong player, with the correct support that could very well carry over into Mix and Mega which they have signed up to play. I am told shing has MnM experience in PLs and WCs which is enough to convince me to shove him here.

Amstan - Genuinely convinced this guy has what it takes to be a very very good STAB player, I am very interested to see how he performs here.

Blind Messiah - Ok so this guy is very much a broken player, but I've mainly seen him play draft formats only. Still, beating Clas with a Swalot deez nuts is nothing to write home about, so I'm very much excited to see how he handles this tour.

DaMMu - Another draft player, that mainly plays draft OM formats. She has some interesting AAA builds, and can play and pilot STAB and MnM decently well, but will look to gentleman to Bo3 at every given opportunity - she initially signed up to Bo3 because she "hates the fishy nature of Bo1s" and hence is not listed on the signups document, but is in the player pool.

Hiusi guy - Hiusi generally keeps to OMMs and more niche OMs but is a decent player with some interesting ideas, so I'm looking forward to seeing him play

TheIronPikachu - Another player who generally keeps to OMMs, but qtfox could be especially powerful in MnM.

Yoko - She's been out of the game for a while, but she is very good at OMs in general, and this could be a very good way for her to get back into playing. Draft with adequate support!

dreepy - Has had some decent results, iirc they knocked KaifPlays out of the STAB open. Definitely strong potential here!

TLDR - Pool is very strong in most tiers, and there are a few players that stand out from the rest. There are also some players that could perform very strongly with adequate support and development, but that pretty much applies to most of the players in the pool. There are also a lot of great players I haven't listed here - go ham in the auction, you have proportionally more points to do so in comparison to PL!

BONUS PART 3
1717335904303.png

Drink responsibly! (and don't drink if you're underage get a carton of apple juice or smth LOL)

Last edited:
thank you for uploading that a fairy, very cool resource that means i don't have to double post

BOINGK'S EPIC POWER RANKINGS
Spoiler: this is completely subjective and is likely to make you angry because I don't know a lot of these people. Because I am lazy, I will first go through the teams individually and then rank them at the end of the post. Hence first up are the Oshawotts!

:oshawott:Oshawotts' Up
1717528750300.png

On the whole, the Oshawotts, managed by Osake and Palapapop, two older (french) members of the OM community, have what looks like a fairly solid draft. Palapapop chooses to self-buy, and giving his experience in playing various OMs, this is definitely a good choice. On the high-end, the Oshawott's elected to buy Stolen Identity, a long time BH player, and Berry, a long-standing member in the OM community. At first the decision to buy Stolen Identity looks odd without any support given they've been out of the meta for a while, but I've since heard they have external support which makes this decision very much the 23k spent. Berry herself is a very good player, so I won't spend much time detailing that decision, as 23k is probably going to be worth it.

Heading into the midspend end, the Oshawott's then decided to buy a fairy for 11.5k, who appears to be playing GG, but they drafted her without any internal support, which could be an issue if they cannot source any external support. They then spent 10k on Oculars - I don't know who Oculars is but they seem to have a good resume, so with support they can definitely work - Inheritance is less established as a playerbase so not having support in this slot is less bad. Then they bought rarre for 8.5k, who is a very solid player in general, oh the guilt for 4k, who I know little about but apparently they play doubles? oops we yeeted pic, and swagata mitra for 3.5k, which I think is a steal given how well I've seen swaggy play, both in Draft World Cup and other tournaments. Finally, they bought vndrevc for 3k, who seems to be a tours player.

Overall, this is a draft with very very strong clickers. I do think the draft will depend on how SI and berry perform, but it doesn't help that there appears to be an apparent lack of internal support in BH, GG and Inheritance, leaving those slots reliant on outside teams, outside support, and pure innovation / learning of the metagames, which is far from ideal. However the quality of players across the board, combined with strong AAA (support from osake) and MnM slots makes this a decent auction for the Oshawotts. BUT why on earth did you not use this opportunity to revive the Wigglies...

:psyduck: Psycho Psyducks
1717529594775.png
Returning for this year's omfl, the psyducks has what looks on preview to be a very strong draft. With no self-buys available, the Psyducks go for what is the most expensive player on the board: Byleth, who is a very strong player, with the boon of being one of few Inheritance mains in the playing pool. This alone makes the draft very strong, and they supplement that with two strong clickers in Fluore and Rei for 16k and 15k respectively (I think space plays STAB, but once again there doesn't initially appear to be GG support). After that, they buy hiusi guy for 13.5k, who is a very competent clicker in BH. However, I am not entirely sure how strong of a builder they are, they very may well be decent at building with BH but I would be much more comfortable backing this slot if they had external support (maybe spacespeakers knows how to play BH, i can't remember LOL).

Moving on, they buy TKYSZL for 11k, and I'm not going to lie I genuinely have no clue who this guy is, but hey, maybe Zas and space know more than I do. Regardless, as the MnM slot, they have support from zastra, who is an extremely competent builder of the tier, so as long as they can click well / somewhat know the tier, this is a very decent buy. After this they buy sealoo for 8k, then artymasion for 5k (that little? .underpay HELLO?), and big tony and bleahey for 3k respectively.

The Psyducks will probably look to rally around Byleth as their star player. There aren't any other slots that quite have that star power for me, but across the board they have decent players and look decently supported. I think the performance of hiusi guy will have an impact on how the season goes for them. Not a bad draft at all!

:togekiss: Serene Sky Soarers
1717530122756.png
Jesus fuck clas and murphy this is a MURDEROUS draft. Dragonillis go for 20k? Steal. Yes they're a bit old but they are surely one of the strongest players in the pool, especially with Clas backing them in MnM. Next, they have LouisIX for 15.5k, who has OMWC experience in GG and is backed up by both of their managers, which is slightly nutty. Next we have cheru at 14.5k, who I don't know as much about, but they seem like a strong clicker - unfortunately their inheritance support looks a bit dry, but I think TDLoriat has some experience? Either way, that's not so important with Inh being very easy to pick up especially with the guides available. After this, they bag another steal in lemonstre, who has experience in BH and is backed by clas. Next they drafted amstan for 11k - I'm extremely excited to see how he does, because he was one of the strongest players in NDOTSL (the ND equivalent of OMPL) and I think he could be very very strong here - his relative obscurity kept him out of OMPL but I will hype him up to death because I think he is that good. Then they proceeded to get Seth at 7.5k, which I think is again nutty. They then draft Dahness for 5k, WMAR for 4k Yoru97 for 4k, havoc for 3.5, and TDLoriat for 3k (I genuinely think the other managers were too busy with UNO and forgot to upbid cause this is genuinely horrificly low).

Yeah, strong clickers, steals, managers that can support almost every tier. This team is likely going all the way, and I'll eat my hat if they don't. I cannot look at any slot this team has and say, yeah they definitely don't have a strong chance to win at any given week, barring a few specific matchups. The star power is admittedly lower but the players here are so strong that it wouldn't be fair to rate them any less highly.

:spectrier: Shadow Rider Spectriers
1717530778188.png

Gimmicky and Bonk are here managing the Spectriers, and are both extremely strong players in their own right. One of two selfbuys in the tour is found here - I still think it's a bit silly that Gimmicky didn't get drafted for OMPL, given she has created some of the most proficient and intuitive builds I have seen in the AAA metagame this year. I think therefore she will be one of the strongest AAA players in this pool, and she has decent support in the form of dreepy and DaMMu, who both have experience in AAA. As for bought players, the Spectriers begin with buying rightclicker (who I shall refer to as The Nuke Enjoyer:tm:) who is the only BH main in the pool who has kept up with the metagame. For 22k, this is an extremely strong buy, and nuke is poised to earn big results for the team in BH. After this, the Spectriers elect to buy for 15.5k what seems to be one of few GG mains in the pool, Wes. I haven't seen her play in a while but she is a very strong player, and her previous experience in the tier can be really good here, she's just lacking a bit of support to boost her up to speed, but external support cannot be that hard to source for this managerial pair. Next, Concept Everything is bought for 14.5k - an extremely strong clicker who is here slotted into MnM - with Bonk support this is looking like a very strong slot.

Moving on, dreepy is bought for 9.5k - here she is slotted into Inheritance, which is not a tier she has experience with, but I don't doubt she can pick it up decently well. After this, FFK is bought for 9k - I don't really know them, but as long as they can click, they will have a nice time with Bonk support. After this, the Spectriers nab TheIronPikachu, aka qtfox, who is coming from the OMMs scene. She can provide alternative MnM support for ConceptEverything, and I think she's played AAA? I'm actually not entirely sure on this so don't quote me. After this we have Treeko928 (ok I genuinely have no clue who this is help), DaMMu, and gulch.

This draft looks fairly strong, with the strongest BH slot, a very strong AAA slot, and good slots across the rest of the board. The managerial pair is especially strong here, covering AAA, MnM and STAB, and BH is covered adequately by nuke.

:garganacl: Salty Stoners
1717531775518.png

This wonderfully strange and borderline inappropriate teamname is courtesey of Sevag and Test Rex - bonus points for that lol. Their draft starts with the extremely fucking broken purchase of Hera at 21k - I don't feel like much needs to be said here lol. Next, another extremely strong purchase of Shing at 19k - I was not aware they previously played MnM, but I have no doubt in my mind that they are going to have one hell of a tour. Next we have damflame 3 at 16.5k, and with Sevag and Test Rex support, they will have good teams (they have been relatively out of the scene) and is a strong clicker, so theoretically this is the strongest BH slot. Unfortunately, the Stoners made the bewildering decision to slot damflame in Inheritance, indicating that they intend to play the tour constantly <insert team name here>.

After this, they buy BloodAce for 9k, who is a very strong clicker. Unfortunately he does not appear to have any support, so he will likely be relying on external teams. Next, they buy Yoko for 9k, who is an extremely strong player, who is familiar with most of the OMs - she may have to pick up a lot of the metas and supporting her team, but this could make her an extremely high value pick. As shown, she can play BH well (unfortunately she got handed a fairly bad team against SI). The final player is the DragonPhoenix at 7k, who is slotted in GG. The subs here are drizzle for 7k, Lightniong for 5.5, and sayyonara and Rex15808 for 3k each. These subs are all clickers as far as I'm aware, I don't know if they have past OM experience.

On the whole, this draft appears to be very top heavy - Hera Shing and the BH slot is very very strong. However, a severe lack of STAB support might hurt them in that slot, as well as lacking GG support (Yoko might be able to shore up those two tiers but apart from that it's a bit dire).

:pichu:
Sublime Summerchus
1717532365396.png

Last but not least, we have the Sublime Summerchus, piloted by Glory and Kinetic, two very strong AAA players. Their draft starts with an 18.5k autumn, which I think is a big underpay given her clicking ability, and the strength of AAA builders she is backed buy. Next, the Summerchus buy MTB for 13.5k - this in of itself is a pretty good purchase, but out of all the drafts, this is my least favourite BH slot, as I've never seen them play BH and there is no apparent support available to them. Next, the Summerchus buy teamo for 13k, which is about right for their quality of play. They are slotted in MnM where they can expect to have decent support from Blind Messiah. After this, the Summerchus buy Chris Letters for 12.5k, who is a strong clicker - left subbed for week 1, but I expect they will get more gametime later on in the tour.

AM is then bought for 11.5k - I don't actually know enough about AM to make a judgement on them, but they have a VERY impressive resume, being a reigning LCPL champion and a past WCoP winner. However, I don't actually know if they have any STAB support, and this could hinder them slightly in their ability to pull results. Next, we have cyril tbh, a player with some experience in GG, who can probably pull some results for the team. After this, we have roxie for 5k (??? underpay HELLO???) who starts in Inheritance. For the subs, we begin with Blind Messiah at 4.5k - he's probably one of the strongest draft players I've seen ever, and has decent MnM experience. After thsi, we have Colue, who has some AAA and MnM experience as a sub, and then that is followed by Geomancy who appears to be a clicker. Finally, the draft concludes with a 3k spend on Uta the Clown.

Overall, the draft looks very strong in AAA and MnM, having strong clickers across the board, with a lot of big underpays. The team does lack a great BH option, but this can be mitigated by strong performances in other slots, especially if Kinetic can support his STAB slot and external support can be sourced for the GG and Inhslot.

BOINGK'S BIG RANKING
  1. Serene Sky Soarers
  2. Shadow Rider Spectriers
  3. Salty Stoners
  4. Sublime Summerchus
  5. Oshawotts' Up
  6. Psycho Psyducks
Honestly, I think the playoff spots will be highly contended. The teams are very close in power level, and it should make for an exciting tour. GL all, and don't john too hard!

e: if some of the review buttons are doubled, that's because xenforo is having a fucking fit. nothing i can do about that unfortunately

Last edited:
Back