ORAS OU Need a team rating and help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in a just for fun battling league with my friends and have been getting beat consistently in singles.
Here is the team I am using currently

Tallahassee (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall

Providence (Milotic) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Ice Beam

Bismarck (Talonflame)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Salem (Alakazam) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Santa Fe (Sigilyph) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Def / 160 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psycho Shift
- Cosmic Power
- Roost
- Stored Power

Trenton (Hydreigon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower

You really need to provide more detail about WHY you're getting beat, but one thing that stands out is that you're running three setup sweepers with no means of giving them time to set up. How do you expect to get off belly drum, swords dance, or several cosmic powers?

Talonflame should run U-turn, it's simply too good, and that gives you a tempo advantage, possible allowing you to set up a belly drum or cosmic power while the enemy switches out. So change talonflame to a choice banded Brave Bird/U-Turn/Flare Blitz/Roost set and many of your problems will be solved.

You should also really get rid of either Sigilyph or Alakazam, they're too similar. I don't think Recover belongs on a glass cannon like Alakazam, so probably get rid of it, or change the set and get rid of Sigilyph (who is terribly inconsistent). Try out something like a prankster/memento Whimsicott instead, which cane help give you a good setup and/or weaken the enemy team for one of your sweepers.

Hi there, welcome to Smogon! Unfortunately I'll have to lock this for the time being as the RMT rules require that you provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain your choices and their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at other RMTs and the RMT archive to see the kind of detail and format we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Since you're new here I'd also recommend checking out the strategy dex for Pokemon analyses and the OU forum which has many resources that can help you get a better grasp of the tier. If you need any help don't hesitate to ask. Good luck!

Reactions: TPP
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back