Unofficial Metagames My lower ladder AG team

This is a team I used in AG on a separate account which net me to the 1400s. It was actually pretty fun so i'll try to get to at least 1500
i'm also fairly new to competitive pokemon
They're all named after songs by Still Woozy
1548094186863.png

Lucy (Gengar-Mega) @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute

There are loads of different Gengar sets i wanted to try out, but this one seemed like the most practical to me. Obvious stats are obvious. I have substitute to scout out an moves that are a threat to my team. I chose tbolt over focus blast to 1) not miss all the time 2) hit yveltal and toxapex 3)not have three fighting moves in 1 team. This is also a pretty neat revenge killer for anything locked into band or specs.
1548094145696.png

Vacation (Kommo-o) @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Clanging Scales

This thing has stealth rock and taunt, it outpaces Smeargle, and it's pretty decent check to Mega Gengar (cuz of bulletproof). not to mention most Ferrothorns i met got bopped and were at a loss. i chose max sp atk to get primal groudon with dragonium z; i don't think it KOs at full but it gets a good chunk gone. naive over hasty to survive priority moves better
1548094126265.png

Goodie Bag (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Transform

you know what this is. IVs for HP Ice because i hate landorus and gliscor. uneven health to maximize survivability while also for nature's madness to leave him at 51%
1548094069964.png

Habit (Tapu Koko) @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

I had some trouble picking out a set for koko, but i felt i needed another physical attacker. U Turn to escape Shadow Tag and pick out weakened enemies while not fearing ground types. Wild Charge get Yveltal and Kyogre mainly but hits everything that doesn't look like dirt really hard. Defog because there are some players that get past Kommo o. Roost to recover off hazard and recoil damage (if the enemy lets me). But the main appeal to Koko is that it sets a space where sleep doesn't happen so all of the AG sleep BS doesn't happen.
1548094027028.png

wolfcat (Landorus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Rock Slide

I just needed something that hits REALLY hard. This boy bops Gliscor, Zygarde, Groudon, Yveltal, potentially other Landos, Ferrothorn, Aegislash, and Toxapex. Even if it isn't super effective, Lando's LifeForce could at least 2HKO most things except Kyogre or Blissey i guess. i didn't want Rock Slide, but i had a fear of Ho-Oh and Lugia
1548094009282.png

Cooks (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

I noticed that this team needs priority, can struggle against Xerneas and needs another U Turner. he does at most 84% to Geomancy Xerneas for his banded Bpunch. he gets glass cannons like Pheromosa and Deoxys pretty nicely as well. Pursuit was mainly for Metagross in mind, but certain variants of Gengar can get U Turned in. and then Superpower is for Chansey and any other Steel types that wanna switch in like Heatran. it can also do in Tapus except Lele

footnotes:
i chose not to have a setup mon because of Dittos and Marshadow
i'm not exactly sure why i have the other two Stats on Scizor, but I think it was to outspeed something specific
i switch between Hex and Shadow Ball often on Gengar

https://pokepast.es/77f6f58924f6c838

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)