SM OU Mega Mawile team

Hey, i just made a team composed of my favorites mons (lucky me most of them are OU / UU) and I wanted your advice on it.

I went with the mega first and my fav mega is Mawile.
mawile-mega.png

Luna (Mawile) (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

It is my primary physical damaga source. When it sets up a swords dance it deals monstruous damage, i just pierce through teams even without setting up.

Spr_7s_748.png

Toxapex (Mei) (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic

My special (and physical lol) tank. I don't know if this set is the best but it works well for me, I can switch with toxa most of the time and force switch.

volcarona.png

Kansai (Volcarona) (F) @ Buginium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic

Volcarona is my special attacker, it destroys lots of pokemon and can annihilate if someone is a threat and I can't one shot it with the buginium.

weavile.png

Cole (Weavile) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Weavile is a really good revenge killer and it fits really well as I needed one, and it works really good.

gliscor.png

Vuze (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 152 Def / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off

I also needed a physical tank turns out gliscor is one soI went with this set instead of an offensive one, I play defog cause the others mons of my team take heavy damage from the SR (volcarona takes 50% I needeed defog)

After all this I needed a support I think to keep my team strong I went with whimsicott cause I love him even tho he's NU now, I play like this

whimsicott.png

Mellow (Whimsicott) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Memento

it ohk when it's effective or 2hk and memento helps when something set up before 'im and he's about to die. But I don't know if it's the best support, it's also my lead most of the time lol.

I don't play stealth rock I tried to fill the weaknesses and I've won most of my games but it's 1000elo so who cares, I wanted to know what could be changed, what I could do (even pokemons that I could change, but I don't take legendaries lol)

Thanks!

Firstly, dont bump this much, you'll just get the thread locked.

This team is mostly fine, but there's a few glaring issues. Your team is very hazard weak, your utility options are quite subpar, and your breakers don't have the support they need.

1. Mega-Mawile
I'm not a huge fan of double-dark Mawile, but this set is pretty good as far as breaking stall goes. However, you don't have great ways to bring this in. You don't have a lot of mons that really force switches, nor do you have slow pivots. I really don't see this guy doing any work at all against more offensive teams unless your opponent is bad at playing around Sucker Punch.

2. Volcarona
As you don't have the slow pivots to bring this in, nor do you have a reliable hazard game, I would strongly advise using a bulkier Volcarona. Something along the lines of the Bulky Quiver Dance set from BW would work, although I'd use Psychium Z Psychic in this metagame to avoid being blanked by Toxapex.

3. Weavile
Weavile is a slightly odd choice. As Mega-Mawile can come in so cheaply on a lot of the tier's Psychic types, Weavile's key niche as a pursuit trapper is kind of unimpressive. Tapu Koko could make a more effective revenge killer due to its pivoting and defog potential.

4. Gliscor
This set is good, but due to the teams slightly difficult setups I'd advise U-turn over Knock Off. You already have Mega-Mawile to decimate stall. In that case I'd probably shove the speed EVs into bulk to ensure the slow switches.

5. Pex
This is fine.

6. Whimsicott
Don't use Whimsicott. I've had a lot of success with this mon in OU, but if you look up my "Whimsical Balance" post on the RMT forums you'll see why it's so bad. It requires so much support to do work, and with this team, it's not accomplishing anything other than a quick memento. If you want a more reliable way of getting cheap setups, I'd advise Ninetales-Alola, or scarf Memento or Healing Wish Latios. Alternatively, something to patch up your balance core like AV Bulu or Rocks Chansey could help.

Realistically though, if you don't want to use legendaries, I just wouldn't play OU. The best mons in OU are Landorus, Heatran and Tapu Koko, followed by critically important mons like Tapu Lele, Celesteela, Latios, Magearna, Mew, Zygarde, Kartana, Kyub etc. If you want to play without legends, play UU.

Just some constructive critisim, Showdown isn't the same as 3ds. Not using legendaries is handicapping yourself hard. A mon being "legendary" or not doesn't matter.
"Oh but they're strong"
Tell me how an Articuno can beat, say a Scizor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)