Koga's Wet Dream [OU mono-poison]

So just for sh*t's and giggles, I decided on making a handful of mono-type teams, and my first one landed on poison. Why? Why not.

Poison-types have a lot of access to status conditions, as well as moves and/or abilities that can help in covering the ever-popular EQ weakness [+ it's really amusing to have a scarfer trick your Black Sludge away before they fall asleep and watch 12% just tick away :naughty:]. So for your enjoyment, here's the ninja gym leader's ultimate team.

crobat.png

Fang (Crobat) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 104 HP/152 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Super Fang
- Hypnosis
- U-turn

Great lead. Originally had Roserade in this slot, but realized almost immediately that Crobat's speed is just way too much of a plus as a lead. Can out-taunt most leads [bad Aerodactyl....damn fossil], and then proceed to put the lead or the switch-in to sleep. 2 Super Fangs and a U-turn later, Crobat is safe to sleep another victim while leaving an enemy thoroughly drained.

gengar.png

---
Shadow (Gengar) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Explosion

Do I even have to explain? Great special stat; with power even further boosted by LO. Ridiculously fragile, but is always able to fire off shots for massive damage. Pretty standard Gengar sp. sweep moveset and EVs.

drapion.png

Claw (Drapion) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Night Slash
- Earthquake / Brick Break
- Ice Fang

My physical hitter. The EVs are standard for awesome speed and power, but I may do some switching into defenses to make him a tad more bulky. SD to boost hitting power, Night Slash for STAB and [hopeful] crit. EQ for massive damage and helps with steels / TTar [Brick Break for same reason]. Ice Fang is clutch against grass-types as well as dragons. Even with a Mence's Intimidate, an SD Ice Fang can still OHKO.

weezing.png

Cloud (Weezing) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Will-o-wisp
- Pain Split

Again, a pretty standard setlist. Weezing is able to be defensive as well as offensive with Pain Split, while burning some heavy physical hitters [works nicely with switching Drapion in on a softer opponent]. Flamethrower helps nicely against Skarmory, as does Thunderbolt. Tbolt also aids in hitting waters for nice damage just in case Roserade is down.

roserade.png

Thorn (Roserade) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Toxic Spikes
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

A second sleeper is always nice to have, especially one that can set up toxispikes and then hit for nice damage with Leaf Storm. HP Fire is there for the steels, who can [for obvious reasons] be a real pain to this kind of team.

tentacruel.png

Acid (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Tentacruel is just fantastic on a variety of teams, so putting him on a poison team was a no brainer. Switching him in on toxispikes to soak them up, spinning other hazards away, 2 STABS, and a way to deal with other waters like Tentacruel is just great. Having Weezing take physical hits and Tentacruel carry the special end helps in balancing out the team's defensive end.​

Back