K is the worst letter (Rant)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm proposing to get rid of the eleventh glyph. And yes, I made the right choice! Why? Well, firstly, it's so useless. C already covers that sound and historically always made that sound. C was always hard back then. K IS NOT A LATIN Letter! K comes from a Greek symbol that looked like a K but not exactly a K! C is a Latin letter. Tbh, K is just a copy of C. If C was always hard and K didn't exist, it would have been better because, then, there would be less confusion. This is why Latin and old English rarely used K. It WAS NOT NEEDED! And even though, old English is extinct where C was always hard, people still remember about so we could easily turn all Ks into Cs and make C always hard. Then boom! Nothing happens except Soft C would be S obviously!

WHY DO SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE SYMPATHY FOR THE LETTER K? (I don't support spelling Africa with a "k")

You know, people just want to spell Africa with a k because they think that, spelling it with a K represents the comeback of Africa's languages. What do you achieve out of it? Africa was always spelled with a C in English. And why does it matter if African languages are dying? It's just that people are interested in more widely spoken languages like Portugese. It's not the letter's fault. Weather you spell it with a c or a k, the language remains the same. So why does it matter? Languages die because, people don't use them so instead of cribbing about them, they should just adapt to European languages. African languages are not getting interested anyways. And either way, languages that have used K are now dying anyways.

K is so ugly too. It's not only a ripoff of Cs design but it's so hard to draw! It takes twice the take to write a K as it does for C. K is also a mean message in texts. K literally means, you don't care about the person. It's the word text message. Text it and you're in trouble. And not to forget, KKK, the hate group. It's a hate group. I don't support it! It's a racist group. K is all about negativity and nothing positive about it. Ck will now be Cc, C will always be hard and K will no longer exist. K succs and no one can change my mind. Just get on the fucc with it! I thought about it! This the only way!

This is how much I hate letter K
1682837222553.png

I'm proposing to get rid of the eleventh glyph. And yes, I made the right choice! Why? Well, firstly, it's so useless. C already covers that sound and historically always made that sound. C was always hard back then. K IS NOT A LATIN Letter! K comes from a Greek symbol that looked like a K but not exactly a K! C is a Latin letter. Tbh, K is just a copy of C. If C was always hard and K didn't exist, it would have been better because, then, there would be less confusion. This is why Latin and old English rarely used K. It WAS NOT NEEDED! And even though, old English is extinct where C was always hard, people still remember about so we could easily turn all Ks into Cs and make C always hard. Then boom! Nothing happens except Soft C would be S obviously!

WHY DO SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE SYMPATHY FOR THE LETTER K? (I don't support spelling Africa with a "k")

You know, people just want to spell Africa with a k because they think that, spelling it with a K represents the comeback of Africa's languages. What do you achieve out of it? Africa was always spelled with a C in English. And why does it matter if African languages are dying? It's just that people are interested in more widely spoken languages like Portugese. It's not the letter's fault. Weather you spell it with a c or a k, the language remains the same. So why does it matter? Languages die because, people don't use them so instead of cribbing about them, they should just adapt to European languages. African languages are not getting interested anyways. And either way, languages that have used K are now dying anyways.

K is so ugly too. It's not only a ripoff of Cs design but it's so hard to draw! It takes twice the take to write a K as it does for C. K is also a mean message in texts. K literally means, you don't care about the person. It's the word text message. Text it and you're in trouble. And not to forget, KKK, the hate group. It's a hate group. I don't support it! It's a racist group. K is all about negativity and nothing positive about it. Ck will now be Cc, C will always be hard and K will no longer exist. K succs and no one can change my mind. Just get on the fucc with it! I thought about it! This the only way!
1: How is K a ripoff of C's design when the ancient kappa design came before the modern C?
2: How is it hard to draw a K when it's 3 straight lines? The real hardest letter to draw is actually the letter S, which is two Cs stacked on top of each other.
3: There are lots of positive words associated with K, like king, kindness, knowledge, kudos, karma, kiss, kitten, killer, kvell, and keen. Brazilians also use the letter k to laugh on the internet, and the Korean ㅋㅋㅋ (pronunced kekeke) is their equivalent of lol, which is where kek comes from.
4: Do you also stand against spelling Korea with a C like how it was originally historically for the same reasons you do not support spelling Africa with a k?
5: I don't have a quote for my analogy this time, but this rant reminds me of Kamado in Legends Arceus exiling you from the village and blaming the apocalypse on the protagonist even though they did all the work to fix everything, except instead of the protagonist it's the letter K being exiled, Kamado is the hard C trying to replace you in the alphabet, Cyllene is the soft C who's on your side, and the postgame twist is that Volo is the real Cc who was formerly a Ck on your side.

I'm sorry, but C is a significantly more problematic letter than K if you're sincerely arguing for this lol. I wouldn't argue for reforming either, but C is given tonnes of responsibilities that are themselves quite confusing and internally inconsistent whereas K is responsible for one sound and one alone.

K

ihateletterk is a smogoff legend by now, for them to not give up after all this time means they are either truly committed to this bit, are oblivious to everything do to total hatred for the letter k, or doing some level of political satire my dumb brain is too basic to understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back