Inheritance Inheritance (Enamorus I Freed!)

Enamorous being free, how to use it? I think :noctowl: (dual STAB + Tinted Lens) and :clefable: (Life Orb + Magic Guard) sets should be staple but perhaps :braviary-hisui: with SFLO sets can work as well?

pannu

pokejeff
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I think :noctowl: (dual STAB + Tinted Lens)
Enamorus (F) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Tinted Lens
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 112 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Moonblast
- Roost
- Agility
Spread I've been running, speed is for scarf sneasler (the fastest scarf ur reasonably gonna run into a lot), rest put in bulk to live shit and better set up on stuff like hoodra

:clefable: (Life Orb + Magic Guard)
While i think defensive sets are outclassed by EnamT still, i think mglo can be good too, enam has a very good typing for defensive set up so I'm sure its gonna see some viable usage, augustakira and i built a team with this set:
INK BLACK BLOSSOM (Enamorus) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magic Guard
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock
- Trick

I think it is a pretty cool set, its a scarfer that's good vs fight spam + most ppl wont assume scarf as it comes in, its got a ton of cool moves it can run too. soft boiled, dual wingbeat, encore, hwish etc. cool set

sflo sucks prolly i cant imagine ever using it over any of the other better sflo:ers we have, uhh qd sets (either scales or oricorio, maybe volcarona or bombee?) will probably be good. if you are real you will run dd stabs roost @ alt donor

Don Vascus

Certified Wednesday Poster
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Team dump time!
Ive built a lot for the inheritour, and i wanted to share a bit

Round 1 VS TTTech (act win >:( )
https://pokepast.es/d670ef4910f23e3c
:baxcalibur: :infernape: :ting lu: :fezandipiti: :sneasler: :blissey:
I had two objectives with this team: try unorthodox removal methods to see if the tier was actually doomed and to run specifically prankster bliss, because i remembered tttech loved those stupid sub qd sweepers and bliss 100% countered them. After trying Cinccino!Lame Ugly Chinese Bootleg Terrakion and concluded that it sucked a lot i decided to instead use a pokemon with charisma. DaBux is a funny pokemon because it clicks Triple Axel, it has high attack, and i get to spam Dabuz copypastas when i use it. Cinccino, despite having a enourmous hole on its coverage (no way to hit steels bc wake up slap is dexited), i think has potential as a donor because Tech Taxel is ultra dumb and most of the steels in the tier either dont resist ice or are weak to knock off, and bullet seed gives you ways to get past water types. Bax, as much as i love the king of new york, might not be it, however. Over Kyurem it only has the attack, and when you have almost 0 useful resistances Kyurem's incredible natural bulk comes in super handy. It also has to gripe with all the classic Taxel pains, every click is a roller coaster, it hates helmets, it REALLY hates flame body, and it wants 3 items at the same time (boots, wide lens, and protective pads). But hes funny, and at the end of the day if dabux and my girl both drowning and I can only save one catch me at my girls funeral chanting KING OF NEW YORK .

Phys def Chimecho!Fezandipiti is the most almost good mon of all time. Its resistances are cracked but its physical bulk is ass for the tier, and everything you need it to check is physical, but you can get by somewhat with the thread of your wet noodle of an stab, dgleam coming from 70 spatk. Its also the worst best wincon, bc people will see it get 2 CM boosts, and see you taunt their walls, and suddenly theyll forget that this thing isnt that physically bulky and that its clicking a 80 bp move with 16 pp from 70 spatk and say "oh shit" and quit the game. its definetly one of the triage checks of all time, which you do need bc triage kiss messes with prank encore >:(

Ting felt ok to use, i do click toxic but maybe i shouldve clicked twave. I still believe in blissey, it has to be one of the better blob sets that isnt stall exclusive, and i cant remember why did i put infernape there.

R1 Game didnt happen, and i 100% brought this vs Batsol bc i wanted to spam dabuz copypastas. but they brought hyper offense ;_;

Round 2 VS damflame 3 (act win >:( )
https://pokepast.es/29ba73c05b154719
:urshifu rapid strike: :barraskewda: :enamorus: :gliscor: :snorlax: :gholdengo:
I wanted to build with trick band ursh round 1 bc hes the sickest guy and a killer of anything fat, but i couldnt find a way to fit it with bax, so i instead saved it for next round. Some might say that band + trick SD might be overlapping, like you have band to break, but you also have trick sd to break, and youre probably right. But i love to have my cake and eat it too, sometimes i wanna just click with no think, and sometimes i have to get the can opener.

I am a hard barraskewda believer. Its faster than sneeze ler, it has a higher attack than chien pao, and it gets to click good buttons with cinderace/meowscarada donors? How is this not the best pokemon in the tier. I chose cinderace over meow on this team because it better stacked checks with water ursh so that it can help chip tricked walls easier, and zen headbutt hits toxapex supereffectively, which resists all of craw!ursh's moves.

Enam is very much an arbitrary special attacker wincon. Sub CM is a special wincon that owns av cyclizar guys, and it is the shiny new toy in town. Maybe Mglo would fit better here.

I still wanted to try unorthodox hazard removers this round, and i decided on The tried and true Brambler. Ive shied away from using The Brambler on balance until then because i wasnt convinced that gholdengo's raw bulk and defensive profile could fill the defensive core of a balance team, but it dont matter. The Brambler is the best pokemon in the tier, holy shit. INSANE progress maker. I already thought The Brambler was a great pokemon before the tour, and i somehow my opinion on it got even BETTER after.

To complement The Brambler. I added Av Lax and Sqwak!Gliscor. Av lax is so much cooler than standard goodrah, because it gets to click buttons hard. Sqwakibility is the stupid bird that I hate. Why is gamefreak so mean to not give it defog. or any moves. or to at least give roost to any of the other intim birds still in the game. It, sadly, is the only guy left who learns pivot+recovery+intimidate in the game, so it filled the exact holes The Brambler needed filled.

r2 once again didnt happen >:(, but i did bring it r3 vs bijou, where i brambled super hard and i got sqwak glisc to do more progress than aaa corv does on average, and then later I brought an edited version of this team with florges over snorlax to cover the glaring mixed breaker weakness of this team vs Batsol on grands, and I got the worst matchup ive ever seen in my life, damn. This is why i should have trick scarf over trick band.

Round 3 VS Bijou (W)
https://pokepast.es/f9c46881252548d2
:deoxys speed: :kyurem: :sneasler: :gholdengo: :primarina: :landorus therian:

This is the week Mbounce and GaG was banned, but the ban wasn't going to be active until next week. Still, me and bijou gentlemen'd to play without it. And after weeks of talking about how cool id be to run suicide hazard leads without fearing that ill thud into some stupid Mbounce goober how could i not build with it. Skarm!DeoS is hazard lead DeoS from OU but with built in focus sash and a way to pivot into something else. Red card bc if you spin vs red card you dont remove hazards and its a emergency anti setup. Do keep in mind that red card doesn't work if you use knock off vs it, and that it cant take enough from goodrah spin to then self destruct with steel bean

Kyurem is there because the common counterplay for mixed kyurem is to switch around until it clicks a bad move, i wanted a fast mon that clicks uturn real good so i chose sneeze, triage primarina is the only way i could think of of not losing to specs darkrai, and proto LandoT is a wincon breaker thats real scary and not weak to triage. From a of these 4, id go on to look for replacements for sneeze and lando because both of them have as checks pokemon that arent vulnerable to spikes (flying types). For sneeze id end up going to Meow!skewda (lets go love the fish) specifically over ace because taxel scares flyings more and knock removes boots. And as for landoT i have yet to ideate a good replacement thats as scary as Mr Ou and also doesnt lose to dkiss.

Regen Taunt Ghold is a spinblocker that doesn't need to click recovery all the time and with taunt it also serves as a triage counter. Its pretty cool. It turned out to be the gamewinner vs bijou in game 2

Semifinals VS Akira (W)
https://pokepast.es/a4fcbaf1cc008485
:kyurem: :Enamorus: :Darkrai: :Toxapex: :Gliscor: :Snorlax:
This time i wanted to try to redo an older concept for a team, where i stack like stupid special breakers and surely you cant hard counter all three of them. Its Tauros!Kyurem, you know em you love em, I have already said everything I have to say about specs darkrai in at least two posts, and MGLO Enamorus has Psyshock to donk on any poison type you might try to use to check it. No fighting move on it makes switching your av into it all the more alluring so that you can knock it.

I cant remember exactly where i got the idea that ngas fog was good, but its definetly mighty fine. Weez!Pex has cheating move in wisp and ultra broken ability Ngas. Its rancid wafts carry the set hard, and it also has synergy with the offensive core because it pressures the regens that so often switch into my special attackers just by existing, and it can click defog. The idea was to stack mid hazard removal options so that i always have an out vs hazard spam, but pex ended up being pretty solid, and otherwise this team has a pretty awful matchup vs triage, so maybe i should either run like power whip/supercell slam on Lax or maybe gunk on pex because weezing doesnt learn Pjab.

I lost game 1 because a wisp miss tilted me so much i didnt think that i should fog the tspikes as insurance vs half of their team, but i still managed to show up for game 3. I didnt expect ngas pex to be such a competent check to guts ground types. It also made an appearance vs batsol

And I think it might have cost me the set. I was tired and not particularly inspired that week. And got my ass promptly beaten

Fight spam (original mix)
https://pokepast.es/36164323db782679
:great tusk: :sneasler: :iron hands: :enamorus therian: :goodra hisui: :iron crown:
and Fight spam (fish mix)
https://pokepast.es/f28fa9b04df6d5f0
:great tusk: :barraskewda: :iron hands: :enamorus therian: :goodra hisui: :iron crown:

The original idea for this team came to me when i was playing ladder and lost to three teams in a row that wouldve gotten melted by guts big donphan, so i got mad and built a fire team. Big donphan and its complementary fast banded fighting type, be it sneeze or Hjk Cinderace!skewda, can pick apart teams with dummy ease, and you have a solid defensive core that helps that get done. You already know I love Harc!Metal Hariyama, GoodraH is goodrah. Enami T is the generic ground immunity you need to run with big man. Unaware + Cm gives me some scenarios where i dont instantly lose to quiver dancers that AI cobalion cant setup on (most of them), and it has knock bc its knock. AI cobalion is a pokemon that can win vs triage primarina 100% of the time. As a wincon its lousy, but it does its job.

I first brought it vs Bijou game 1 during round 3 because i knew that bringing Hstack HO game 1 would be too obvious. After I lost to opposing sneasler i came to terms with this team's awful matchup with Non choiced sneaslers, so I of course went back to the fish!!! lets go baby fishy time funny fish lets go love the fish. And it did a lovely work vs akira game 2.

Conclusions from the Tour:

:sv/gholdengo:
the brambler (Gholdengo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- Strength Sap
- Rapid Spin
- Shadow Ball
- Spikes

This set makes Gholdengo S tier. Its so cracked, its amazing at setting hazards, great at keeping them, and pretty good at keeping them away. Insane role compression and having all of it on one slot is so big. Gholdengo has many great sets, but this one stands above all of them hes so good.

:sv/barraskewda:
Cinderace (Barraskewda) @ Choice Band
Ability: Libero
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Pyro Ball
- Zen Headbutt / Gunk Shot / Sucker Punch
- U-turn
fish (Barraskewda) @ Choice Band
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Flower Trick / Play Rough / Switcheroo
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Band protean fish is pretty good, you guys are just mean. The tier has yet its "old reliable pivot scarfer that you can send and click uturn for free because it threatens everything", so far all contenders ive seen, such as perr!sneasler and clawitzer!darkrai, have had some pretty glaring matchups they cant cover. Barraskewda still fills this niche in a way. While slow for a scarfer, it is still faster than every other unboosted pokemon in the tier, and its pretty strong and has some real nice buttons it can click. It has 0 defensive utility and it explodes to a light breeeze, but its a fine mon.

:sv/enamorus:

Enam still has a lot of potential to show. Between the many byes and act wins and overprepping from many players, i feel like enamorus is super underexplored. As a real offensive fairy type, it has a lot of potential sets we have yet to run; heres a toxic qd ssap set ive thought about for a bit. I never built/found a good place to use it, but maybe its super broken, maybe ill call for every unaware corb in existence. We will truly find out just how good it is on OMPL, which is looking to be a juicy juicy tournament.

Don Vascus

Certified Wednesday Poster
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Not trying to bash a set I haven't tried but what does Toxic hit specifically? Steels and Poison-types are immune, so it offers poor type coverage, so I have to conclude this set either really hates Fire types or you're aiming for some bulky Pokémon. I'm just curious which it is, or if it's something I hadn't considered.
Unawares and anything fat that it can hit. Ideally you can just setup on the steels of the tier with your broken moves ssap and qd and then hit them with your stab. Maybe its good, or maybe ill summon an army of heatrans on me

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
Thank you everyone for having completed the tier survey. We've had a total of 20 different player votes, so let's dig into the
SURVEY RESULTS!

"On a scale of 1-10, how enjoyable do you find the current metagame?"
Enjoyability all.png
Enjoyability qualified.png

Average score (everyone): 7.4 (+0.92 over 1st survey)
Average score (qualified): 9 (+1.5 over 1st survey)

That's really high. We are glad you like the meta!

"On a scale of 1-10, how competitive and balanced do you find the current metagame?"
Competitiveness all.png
Competitiveness qualified.png

Average score (everyone): 6.9 (+1.27 over 1st survey)
Average score (qualified): 8 (+2 over 1st survey)

This is pretty high, and much better than last time.

From these results, we'll likely keep the meta as it is currently until the end of the OMPL XII; if it's not broken, don't fix it.
But we'll be on the lookout for small changes that could be done afterwards to keep making the meta even more enjoyable and competitive.

Kyurem all.png
Kyurem qualified.png

Average score (everyone): 3.1
Average score (qualified): 3

Fairly high scores from both groups, Kyurem is certainly a strong presence in the meta, and we'll keep watching it closely. Additionally, it shows a lot of untapped potential in Aurora Veil teams, which have become much better since weather has been reduced to sand and snow. So we might not have seen the full scope of its power yet, and OMPL XII might change that decisively.

Iron Hands all.png
Iron Hands qualified.png

Average score (everyone): 2.75
Average score (qualified): 2.2

The big guy doesn't seem too overbearing for now. While it is notorious for its ultra solid defensive sets, it can also be a very strong wallbreaker, and has great donors like Arcanine-Hisui that can go both ways, giving it some unpredictability in a vacuum. In actual play though, nothing like that has stood out. It's also healthy enough for the meta since it keeps in check some of its hardest physical hitters.

Triage all.png
Triage qualified.png

Average score (everyone): 3.35
Average score (qualified): 2.4

Triage is a bit divisive score-wise, but I think everyone will agree that it's really good. Before its introduction, I personally felt Roaring Moon was broken, and Triage managed to fix that issue while also being a good option to deal with other major threats like Urshifu-RS and Great Tusk. Due to its somewhat limited counterplay (mainly in the form of Taunt/Encore, RegenVest + SE moves, winning the setup war, offensive pressure, and some Unaware mons), a suspect test has decent chances to happen in the future.

Urshifu all.png
Urshifu qualified.png

Average score (everyone): 3.45
Average score (qualified): 2.2

Somehow even more polarizing than Triage, Urshifu-RS, especially its Crawdaunt donor set, puts quite high pressure on all playstyles, being able to run CB sets, SD + Aqua Jet sets, and especially DD + Taunt/Sub sets all really well. On the other hand, it's not too fast before DD, and has solid checks like Toxapex, Primarina, and Iron Hands. That being said, teams relying only on a single one of these may see their check worn down and removed by the Fighting Spam offense archetype that has become really strong recently, with little counterplay possible. OMPL XII players might find some creative ways to make the archetype more manageable, so we'll keep a close watch. A suspect test has good chances to happen in the future.

Tusk all.png
Tusk qualified.png

Average score (everyone): 2.45
Average score (qualified): 1.8

Both general and qualified players seem content with Great Tusk's position in the meta for now, so action on it is unlikely.
As for why it's here, it's because the Guts + SD set has very limited switch-ins, so we were concerned about it being potentially too restrictive for more defensive teams, as well as offensive teams with the now reliable Sticky Web support.

TArrows all.png
TArrows qualified.png

Average score (everyone): 2.85
Average score (qualified): 2.4

Neither of the groups seem too concerned with Triple Arrows for now. And as long as it is stays a worthwhile tradeoff between competitiveness and enjoyability, we are fine with it too. Especially since running it means not running Close Combat, which is an opportunity cost in itself.

Hazard stack all.png
Hazard stack qualified.png

Average score (everyone): 3.045
Average score (qualified): 2.8

If you believe hazard stacking is a problem, what specific part do you think should be looked at?

We've had three mentions of spinblocking/Gholdengo, as well as one of Sticky Web.

Hazard stack remains strong. We hope that the recent bans on Good as Gold and Magic Bounce, that didn't take effect until three quarters of the votes were sent, will lower that score further in the future. If it proves too centralizing anyway, we'll have to pick one of the two big options: Action on Gholdengo, which removes the main culprit but leaves the many other splashable ghosts like Annihilape and Spiritomb. Or action on the hazards themselves, which is unheard of as far as I know.

And from the inheritour players:
Enamorus qualified.png
Enamorus all.png

Average score (qualified): 2
Average score (everyone): 2.83

To quote Schpoonman, "Enamorus didn't really do a damn thing all tournament", and this seems to reflect in the player votes. Still, it's fast, strong on both aspects, has plenty of switch-in opportunities thanks to its typing, and can setup on Cyclizar inheritors lacking Iron Head, so it's probably going to shake up the meta a bit.

Is there anything else you think the council should look at?
Lokix, Unburden, Taunt, and Goodra-Hisui have been mentioned once each.

All of which are certainly good! Well, Don will perhaps disagree on Lokix, but shrug. The results appears more heterogenous than last survey and its multiple mentions of Revival Blessing and Frosmoth/Quiver Dance, which is a good sign. In any case, we'll keep all of those answers in mind.

Is there anything you think should be tested to be unbanned?
Scream Tail has been mentioned twice, Cresselia and Enamorus once each. (the latter is free now!)

Because of its combination of excellent bulk, solid defensive typing, STAB on Stored Power and Draining Kiss/Moonblast, and immunity to Dragon Tail, Scream Tail is unlikely to be freed. But Cresselia is being negotiated, so stay tuned.

And now the most important question of all,

Have you seen a cute animal recently?
16 people have answered yes :), 3 people have answered no :(, and someone left their answer blank. Maybe that last player met the famed rabbit of Caerbannog and wasn't too sure.

Hope this has satisfied your curiosity, and see you soon.

Special thanks to my esteemed BijouMode and pannu for proofreading, and late thanks to our historical top ladder player CoolTrainerGary for his amazing help with our viability rankings, it's thanks to him that the meta got so much better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)