Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 164 HP / 88 Atk / 4 Spd / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast

Right Now im loving this set
Sub on a move like CB EQ or one that you know wont break the sub and attack how you please, also the set is resisted by nothing at all some damage cals shown below will show you just how useful this set can be against bulky waters who normally counter Draggy and special defenders who think they can wall the Draco Meteor. Physical defender i wont go into as they have a weakness either to focus punch or flamethrower and being able to be hit by both on the same poke will never be beneficial to them in any way

Damage Calcs

The Standard Bulky Water Types

Draco Meteor on 394 HP/286 Special Defense Milotic: 44-52%
Draco Meteor on 404 HP/216 Special Defense Swampert: 57-67%
Draco Meteor on 404 HP/266 Special Defense Suicune: 46-54%
Draco Meteor on 394 HP/196 Special Defense Slowbro: 64-76%
Draco Meteor on 394 HP/236 Special Defense Gyarados: 54-63%
Draco Meteor on 320 HP/206 Special Defense Starmie: 74-87%
Draco Meteor on 404 HP/236 Special Defense Manaphy: 52%-61%

Special Walls That Can Wall Draco Meteor

Draco Meteor on 704 HP/306 Special Defense Blissey: 23-27%
Focus Punch on 704 HP/130 Defence Blissey 76-89%

Draco Meteor on 524 HP/320 Special Defense Snorlax: 30-35%
Focus Punch on 524 HP/200 Defence Snorlax 68-80%

Draco Meteor on 364 HP/480 Special Defense Regice: 29-34%
Focus Punch on 364 HP/328 Defence Regice 60-70%

if used right after one another all of these wals are 2hkod only regice and lax have a chance at living and sandstorm up they both die

These Damage Cals Show That These Pkmn cannot really switch into draggys sub and this is not even counting in Stealth Rock Or Any other Form of spikes or sandstorm

The Only Pokemon I Can See Totally Walling This Set Is Creselia or Dusknoir with some SDef evs

Well Let Me Hear Your Thoughs On The Set.............

I can actually see this working well. The problems, though, are that it's hard to get where you can set up a Substitute.... Other than that, I think it's pretty cool.

P.S.- How do you calculate precentages from damage? :/

I think i would omit the Sub altogether and just try to predict when the special walls will arrive so focus punch can come in and pwn. Perhaps the replacement could be a dragon claw for that STAB physical move which may be key in finishing off those special walls. In that case i don't think i'd use a minus speed nature just to make sure i outspeed the common walls enough to finish the job. This is made simpler if theres spikes/stealth rock down.

Of course the sub version is great too and relies a lot less on prediction.

Seriously needs Choice Glasses because you need to be able to 2HKO a lot of stuff, which this can't do. You're better off with Thunderbolt>Substitute and predicting a Blissey switch to nail with Focus Punch. Thunderbolt guarantees a 2HKO on even Milotic IIRC, and nails Empoleon, which Salamence can't do.

I think i would omit the Sub altogether and just try to predict when the special walls will arrive so focus punch can come in and pwn. Perhaps the replacement could be a dragon claw for that STAB physical move which may be key in finishing off those special walls. In that case i don't think i'd use a minus speed nature just to make sure i outspeed the common walls enough to finish the job. This is made simpler if theres spikes/stealth rock down.

Of course the sub version is great too and relies a lot less on prediction.

u could remove sub for another physical attack but generally i prefer having to predict less myself but lonely nature is another suggestion as it wud give u the speed needed and i doubt draggys gunna be subbing on most physical attacks aside from EQ

Seriously needs Choice Glasses because you need to be able to 2HKO a lot of stuff, which this can't do. You're better off with Thunderbolt>Substitute and predicting a Blissey switch to nail with Focus Punch. Thunderbolt guarantees a 2HKO on even Milotic IIRC, and nails Empoleon, which Salamence can't do.

I see where your coming from but cg draggy is the only way t-bolt 2hkos milotic and i think draco meteor is a 2hko on it anyway even with the SAtk Down but imo that CG set is done better by mence anyways

Actually, a Dragonite w/ a non-boosting Attack nature AND 0 Atk EVs does a minimum of 71% damage on max HP max Def Bold Blissey.

Use Thunder over the Fire move. The result is a pretty Boah-esque design that actually lets you kill bulky waters (Thunder behind the sub, then Meteor for the KO).

Dragonite (F) @ Leftovers ** Dragolyrasist
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 164 HP / 88 Atk / 4 Spd / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder/Thunderbolt

I suppose It'll work , allows you to 2hko all bulky water if they come in on a sub and they always have to be wary when switching in

Thunder... a bit of a gable, specialy if it fails... Perhaps use Thunderbolt with a type boost item????

also TyranoBOAH is a cool name, how about KOMODOnite
it has that cool reptile ring to it...

lol so i created Komodonite and and even if the 2hkos turn into 3hkos the amount of damage this thing can do to every pkmn in the game is something that cant be overlooked

Are those random 4 Spd EVs to outspeed something, or did you just dump them there when they were left over after hitting the desired Atk/SpAtk/HP numbers?

ive never seen this set made or discussed EVER if u can show me a thread with it plz do..............

4 evs were just for outspeedin no spd skarm with a quiet nature

i said no speed evs which puts it at 176 speed ......i didnt mean a no speed nature <_<........sry for the confusion i meant dragonite thats quiet not skarm

ive never seen this set made or discussed EVER if u can show me a thread with it plz do..............

4 evs were just for outspeedin no spd skarm with a quiet nature

It's basically the Subpunch/Boltbeam Dragonite that was the standard for a loooong time, only you gave it Draco Meteor over Ice Beam. The EVs are also the same, from what I can remember.

the evs arent the same but very similar,but that is to be expected as they both are similar attackers although i did reference it while making it
tbh if i just removed sub and gave it DClaw i doubt ppl wud say its just a remake of sub punch draggy (Then again that might not be a bad idea) ............but meh back on topic how do you think a set ln such an offensive metagame?...........

............but meh back on topic how do you think a set ln such an offensive metagame?..........

Very carefully...?

I wouldn't expect these hypothetical Dragonites to mangle everything in their path (ala Chomp/CGmence/Ttar), but they could certainly do some nice damage to ALOT of things, which is why Dragonite is so tight. Whether that nice damage will be up to par with the massive damage predicted in D/P remains to be seen, but at least it can be said that Dragonite's defenses don't hold it back, unlike alot of the more glass-cannon pokemon that are emerging.

If there's plenty of Choice item users around, Draggy can get in with a little prediction. Ground immunity, Fighting/Bug/Fire/Grass resists are a big help.

I think the set should work reasonably well. The initial surprise of Draco Meteor is the biggest asset, in my opinion.

Back