Tournament HPL5 - Announcement and Manager Signups

1721909410481.png

[Banner by in the hills]

I am pleased to announce the fifth edition of the Hindi Premier League! I (Eseque) will host this tournament.

This is a team tour with 8 teams. Each team will consist of 14 players, 10 of which will start. 6 out of the 10 starters have to be of Indian origin/speak Hindi, and the rest is open to the public. Similarly, 9 of the 14 players in a team have to be of Indian origin/speak Hindi.

The 10 slots in the tournament are:
  • SV OU
  • SV OU
  • SV OU
  • SV Ubers
  • SV UU
  • SV Monotype
  • SV Doubles
  • SV 1v1
  • SV Random Battle
  • SWSH/SM/ORAS Bo3
Managers and tiers will be announced, and player signups will start, on Thursday, August 1 at 6 PM IST/UTC+5:30.

The tournament will start in late August. A snake draft will be conducted in mid-August to pick the players.

Teams will be fighting in a round robin where every team will play every other team. At the end of the round robin, the top four teams will move on to the playoffs where the first seed will play the fourth seed and the second seed will play the third seed to determine who will be this year’s finalists. A win will be worth 2 points, a draw 1, and a loss 0.

Activity Calls

Make contact with your opponents! Every season we have to make activity calls that displease one party member. To prevent this, post a VM on their Smogon wall to try to set a date for the battle. If you do this via any other medium, save logs and screenshots so that in the event of an activity call, you get it to go your way. Leave time zones, preferred time to play, and be specific. No activity calls will be made if neither team's players or managers post about it, so take initiative on that.

Dead Games

In the event that a game is not played and neither teams post for an activity call, it will be declared a dead game, which means that the game will be taken as to not exist. This will also be the case if an activity post is made but neither players showed a satisfactory level of activity. Schedule properly to not let these occur!

What if there is a tie?

This tournament will use standard tiebreaking procedures.

Will there be prizes?

A Team Custom Avatar for the winning team:
The winning team of HPL will be awarded a team avatar of their choosing, subject to approval by PS! Upperstaff.

Standard tournament scheduling and sportsmanship rules apply.

Manager signups are open now! You can use this thread to sign up. Please note this tournament starts in late August and will last for at least 9 weeks. Please do not sign up if you will be unavailable for extended periods of time. There's a difference between not being free for a few days and completely disappearing for a long time. The former is allowed but the latter is not. Managers (or one member of a manager pair) are allowed to draft themselves in round 4 of the draft if they so choose, but the usual eligibility rules mentioned above apply. Erstwhile solo managers can pick a co-manager later from those you draft. Manager slots are open to the public, but it helps to know about the community as the majority of player slots are reserved for Indians/Hindi speakers. Please make sure to use the format below:
Code:
Manager (Pair):
Timezone:
Relevant Accomplishments:

Do not use this thread for anything else. You can contact me (Eseque on Smogon and Discord) for further queries.

HPL Discord: https://discord.gg/ry8rsyFjF3

Manager (Pair): vk and Exotic64
Timezone: GMT+5.5 GMT+10
Relevant Accomplishments: We have a plethora of tour experience, both as manager and player, and have been around since the beginning of SV and know the playerbase very well, and the tiers associated, having personally played in and made finals of last year's HPL. Collectively we have won and played in multiple tours such as but not limited to WCOP, OUPL, ADPL, BLT, PTPL, RBTT, SSPL, RoAPL,HPL, DPL, 1v1PL, OMPL, PUPL, PMPL, NDMPL, BDSPPL, NDWC, WCOR, RCOP, making it to playoffs in the vast majority. I managed my OUPL team to victory whereas Exotic managed his team to the semifinals of the tour only losing to my team. On top of this, Exotic and I have great synergy together and having played in pretty much all these tiers we will guarantee a strong draft and a fun team environment.
f76349f720f129559577107e69a8dabf.jpg

Manager Pair: Myself and sapphiree
GMT: +5.5
Relevant Accomplishments: I played the last 2 editions of HPL and have been a mainstay in the hindi community. Shadow Managed last years HPL with YIPPIE BHAI THE GOAT to semifinals and managed a discord tour to semifinals. I have played uuwc 2023 and puwc 2023 for india. I have a decent idea of who to draft and im willing to take this tour seriously
Meanwhile for my co SAPPHIRE he has(his words):
been an hpl mainstay since the past 2 hpls, with a positive record and multiple contributions within the team
won puwc, mono winter premier, and capcl
currently a manager for mono farmer league
strong relations in the community
LOL.jpg

Last edited:
Manager Pair: Myself and sapphiree
GMT: +5.5
Relevant Accomplishments: I played the last 2 editions of HPL and have been a mainstay in the hindi community. Shadow Managed last years HPL with YIPPIE BHAI THE GOAT to semifinals and managed a discord tour to semifinals. I have played uuwc 2023 and puwc 2023 for india. I have a decent idea of who to draft and im willing to take this tour seriously
Meanwhile for my co SAPPHIRE he has(his words):
been an hpl mainstay since the past 2 hpls, with a positive record and multiple contributions within the team
won puwc, mono winter premier, and capcl
currently a manager for mono farmer league
strong relations in the community
View attachment 651271

looking forward to a great season

Relevant Accomplishments: We have a plethora of tour experience, both as manager and player, and have been around since the beginning of SV and know the playerbase very well, and the tiers associated, having personally played in and made finals of last year's HPL. Collectively we have won and played in multiple tours such as but not limited to WCOP, OUPL, ADPL, BLT, PTPL, RBTT, SSPL, RoAPL,HPL, DPL, 1v1PL, OMPL, PUPL, PMPL, NDMPL, BDSPPL, NDWC, WCOR, RCOP, making it to playoffs in the vast majority. I managed my OUPL team to victory whereas Exotic managed his team to the semifinals of the tour only losing to my team. On top of this, Exotic and I have great synergy together and having played in pretty much all these tiers we will guarantee a strong draft and a fun team environment.
View attachment 651270

yes i hate MAVERICK SHOOTERS

View attachment 651270
On account of 19.11.23, it is an administrative decision to ban all aussies from hpl

Manager (Pair): Me and Suzuya
Timezone: +5.5 & +2
Relevant Accomplishments:I recently managed and won with my ADPL team, have shadow-managed a couple of tours in the past, and have played in multiple tours, including official ones like WCOP and SPL, as well as side tours like OUPL, ADPL, HPL, BLT, etc., with good showings. I have also done well in individuals like OST.
Inder (Honorary Indian) won UPL as a manager, has managed SMPL,AGPL,etc. and qualified for the Grand Slam. He won a stour week, played in official tours like WCOP and SCL, and has participated in multiple side tours like PUPL, LCSL,HPL(was in Finals last year),SSPL, BLT, OUPL, ADPL, etc.
1721917707808.png
(Don't click the image)

Manager (Pair): Me and Suzuya
Timezone: +5.5 & +2
Relevant Accomplishments:I recently managed and won with my ADPL team, have shadow-managed a couple of tours in the past, and have played in multiple tours, including official ones like WCOP and SPL, as well as side tours like OUPL, ADPL, HPL, BLT, etc., with good showings. I have also done well in individuals like OST.
Inder (Honorary Indian) won UPL as a manager, has managed SMPL,AGPL,etc. and qualified for the Grand Slam. He won a stour week, played in official tours like WCOP and SCL, and has participated in multiple side tours like PUPL, LCSL,HPL(was in Finals last year),SSPL, BLT, OUPL, ADPL, etc.
View attachment 651289
(Don't click the image)
IMG_7946.jpeg

Manager (Pair): Me and myjava
Timezone: +5.5, myjava is -4
Java and I are highly involved in the Indian community, knowing majority of the playerbase of hpl.
Ive managed multiple tours across the years like last HPL, UPL last year which I won, and this year's UPL. Ive been a part of HPL for 3 years now. Java is a renowned Indian player, with great experience playing in tours including the most recent SPL which he won as a player and wcop for India. We will undoubtedly give our best efforts to draft a strong team and foster a good team environment, looking forward to having a great tour!

P.S:
This Bruvna managing every tournament under the sun after telling he's gonna retire from managing. Please don't let him in he cheated me.

Manager (Pair): Me and myjava
Timezone: +5.5, myjava is -4
Java and I are highly involved in the Indian community, knowing majority of the playerbase of hpl.
Ive managed multiple tours across the years like last HPL, UPL last year which I won, and this year's UPL. Ive been a part of HPL for 3 years now. Java is a renowned Indian player, with great experience playing in tours including the most recent SPL which he won as a player and wcop for India. We will undoubtedly give our best efforts to draft a strong team and foster a good team environment, looking forward to having a great tour!

P.S:

This Bruvna managing every tournament under the sun after telling he's gonna retire from managing. Please don't let him in he cheated me.
yes

Manager (Pair): Me and (comanager spot open , interested people can dm me)
Timezone: gmt +5.5
Relevant Accomplishments: Managed last year went to semis, managed some discord side tours. Been in quite a few team tours so know how stuffs work.

p.s i fight with other managers ( cuz its my job) , but i know how to manage my own team

btw ONLY considering those people for comanagers , who i actually know or have talked with before , sorry

Last edited:
Manager (Pair): Shivam_Z and AhmedxWaleed

Timezone: GMT +5.5, 5

Relevant Accomplishments: Hindi Room's Current Prize Winner and 2 times prize winner in a row
1v1 ladder tournament 5th place ,Active person and Well Known in the Hindi Room

My co is Monotype Tours Night Host, also writes Monotype Analyses, Currently going to play for WCOR for team Asia and ...... is KKR fan.

It never hurts to see new faces for HPL

We win these >:)
images (2).jpeg

Back