HELP ME IMPROVE

I'm new to competitive battling and I would like to seek help from all of you.

I decided to build a rain team and i would like it to improve.

I am a complete newb so i do not know how to do calculations, so I'm sorry if i cannot provide any logs and calc.

Despite that, i casually battle random passerby's and participate in the battle spot. My team comp might be a little weird but i have proven that i could beat legends with it and some trainers who i out predict. some video footage will be shared below. I am aware that my team breaks the VGC rule of same item and ( swift swim + drizzle banned combo) but idk if that makes me weak since battling randoms and depending on them is viewed as hacking or cheating? IDK that's why i am here to learn and get better.

There are some honorable mentions in my team, but this is my current team as of right now.

Legends:

(Previous Moves)
(Previous Item)

My team includes:

Politoad_by_barkingaardvark.jpg

PoliSwag (Politoed)@ Leftovers
Bold [Drizzle] 252-Hp 252-Def 4-SPDef
-Perish song/Toxic
-Scald
-Protect
-Ice Beam

Politoed is my lead, and my main rain setter. I used to have toxic in it to use as a stall toad but i have learned that perish song could save me in tight situations. I use it to break S.dancers and C.minders. Scald is my STAB water move and i appreciate the 30% burn. Protect is to stall further more and to scout what move the opponent will make and Ice Beam is for Dragons mainly.

Synergy:

Thunder- Mamoswine
Grass- Tornadus, Metagross

mamoswine_by_t_reqs-d6dddcw.png

Meatball (Mamoswine)@QuickClaw @Leftovers
Adamant [Thick Fat] 252Atk 252Speed 4HP
-Icicle Crash
-Ice Shard
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock

Mamoswine is my second lead, I may lead with it more often because of Stealth Rocks. But most likely i lead with my Politoed. Mamoswine benefits with the rain since of its typing being weak at fire. I also have its hidden ability but i prefer to be extra safe. I use to have leftovers with it but i thought that a chance to go first is very important to set up rocks. Icicle Crash is my STAB ice to destroy dragons and flying. Ice Shard is there if i need to secure a kill. Earthquake is to destroy rock types and a powerful STAB ground move. SR is SR.

Synergy:

Fighting-Tornadus
Steel-Metagross
Fire-Politoed, Kingdra
Water-Politoed, Kingdra
Grass-Tornadus

tumblr_lcd630WKq41qbj62mo1_500.jpg

TityLomein (Kingdra) Lum Berry
Modest [Swift Swim] 252SPAtk 252Speed 4SPDef
-Draco Meteor
-Flash Cannon
-Ice Beam
-Hydro Pump

My Ace, My Queen, My God slayer, Kingdra is the core of my team. Its my late game sweeper and yes i would admit that i depend in this Seahorse the most that being said i thank yee. Kingdra is effective because of its ability Swift swim and i guess it takes my opponents by surprise because some people doesn't switch at her presence (knowing that the whole swift swim - drizzle combo is banned) or i'm just thinking too much, well.. its my benefit. Draco Meteor is my nuke into things that i need to kill ASAP. Flash Cannon destroys rocks and fairies!! Ice Beam is my alternative to destroying dragons and it also destroys flying and grass. Hydro Pump boosted with rain and STAB + Modest is strooonk! but yes, she misses a lot and it is my Queen's downfall.

Synergy:

Dragon-Metagross
Fairie-Metagross

tornadus_by_captaintesla-d58lnz3.png

iSquirtCum (Tornadus) @Damp Rock
Modest [Prankster] 252SPAtk 252Speed 4HP
-Rain Dance
-Taunt
-Focus Blast
-Hurricane

First of all i would like to apologize to whoever is offended by its nickname. Okay moving on, Tornadus is my Third string lead. I often lead with this guy if i predict that the opponent will lead with a SR or Spikes lead. Also good to counter Double Screen espeon because of taunt (i hate dual screens with passion). Rain Dance Gives my Queen a second chance to sweep. In situations that i really need rain, Tornadus becomes a rain setter than a killer. Focus Blast is my counter for steels and rocks and normal types while hurricane is my STAB which is 100% in rain.

Synergy:
Rock-Metagross
Electric-Mamoswine
Ice-Metagross, Politoed

shiny_metagross-s972x550-126940.png

X-ATM092 (Metagross shiny) @Colbur Berry
Adamant [Clear Body] 252ATK 252Speed 4HP
-Bullet Punch
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Zen Headbutt

X-ATM092 is a weird name, well not unless you're a final fantasy geek like me. I named it based on the machine that chased you Dollet town in disc one of FF8. Anyways Metagross is my other physical bulk and attacker. It knows Bullet Punch which is my counter to fairies and rocks and also a priority. Earthquake is for fire types and dig users. Ice Punch is for OP Dragons and Grounds. Finally Zen Headbutt because its a STAB. I tend to keep Metagross late game and i really feel safe if its alive. but if needed in battle i must call him.

Synergy:
Ground- Mamoswine
Ghost-Kanghaskhan
Fire-Politoed, Kingdra
Dark- Whoever volunteers to...

tumblr_mtom5dCbs31sq47s1o1_500.jpg
62319_115Kangaskhan_Mega_Dream.png

Mom x Loli (Kanghaskhan) @Kanghaskanite
Jolly [Scrappy] ME ability [Parental Bond] 252ATK (i forgot the exact EV's that i did but its abut half for HP and Speed) i would say about 126Speed and 126HP
-Aqua Tail
-Sucker Punch
-Ice Punch/Return
-Drain Punch

My mega in my team. Mega evolution is not really required but idk i feel like this team really needs it and i chose Mega Kanghaskhan. Mega K's Ability comes in handy at multiple times. Lets me attack twice and its very powerful in tough situations. Aqua Tail is a viable move because i am using K in a rain team. Boosted Double Aqua tail hits hard. Sucker punch is for mons are faster than Mega K. Ice Punch is a repetative move that is seen in my team because of my great fear of Dragons. I am thinking of changing Ice Punch for Return.. Most likely i will but as of right now i chose to keep it. Drain punch is for normal and steel pokes and for Mega K to get some health back.

AS OF RIGHT NOW I AM VERY SLEEPY AND I CAN GO FURTHER ON. I WILL EDIT THIS (MAYBE COMMENT ADDITIONAL INFO) ABOUT THE OTHER POKEMON THAT I TRIED TO USE IN THIS TEAM AND I WILL ADD MY VIDEO FOOTAGE OF THIS TEAM TOMORROW.
-THANKS FOR VIEWING MY TEAM AND HAPPY RATING :)

Back