ORAS OU First OU Team! Mega Scizor!

This is the first team that I have ever created, so go easy
I wanted to build a team around Mega Scizor because I love it, is another reason really needed?!

So on to the team:

Scizor-Mega (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Knock Off
- Roost

Scizor is strong, with a very high base attack stat to work around. Scizor also has a small number of weaknesses so I thought it would be a good mega to start a team with. I just love Scizor, overall it's a great mon and I'm looking forward to using it. Bullet punch for STAB and priority, Bug Bite for hard-hitting STAB, Knock Off for the removal of items and Roost to improve longevity

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Wish
- Heal Bell

Vaporeon has decent defensive stats so I decided to make it my physically defensive mon.
It also has access to a wide range of healing/ supportive moves and therefore was an obvious choice for a cleric. Water absorb allows for a water immunity and absorb any scalds that may come my way. Heal Bell is for the removal of unwanted burns on physical attackers.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Landorus-T is a great choice scarf user with a large number of attacking moves,Earthquake for a powerful STAB move, Knock Off for the removal of items and U-turn for some initiative and to get out of tricky situations. Finally Stone Edge for pesky Talonflame and for a powerful Rock type move.

Hydreigon (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Signal Beam
- Dragon Pulse

Hydreigon is one of the only viable special attacking Dragon type, it is powerful and has some decent special bulk to it as well, both Dark and Dragon Pulse are for STAB that hit hard also, Signal beam is to deal with Psychic, Dark types, specifically Hoopa, Flamethrower is to sort out Ferrothorns.

Alakazam (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic

Alakazam has one purpose on this team; Coverage. Energy Ball to sort out annoying Swampert, Quagsire and other water types. Dazzling Gleam for Dragon types, Shadow Ball for Psychic and Ghost types. Psychic for a hard-hitting STAB move.

Conkeldurr (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Def / 108 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch
- Brick Break

Conkeldurr is one of the best Special walls in the game, along with the Assault Vest at least, I decided to put some investment into it's Defense to improve it's longevity, Drain punch is also for this reason, Thunder Punch for Water and Flying Types, Mach Punch for Priority and Brick Break to remove screens.

Any improvements will be appreciated (within reason)

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Hello,nice team here but it have many flaws :
  • Weak to DarkSpam
  • Weak to Serperior
M-Scizor set/spread is wrong,if you want a bulky one use 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD which will allow you to don't being OHKOed by Clefable's Fire Blast and Timid Mega Diancie's Hidden Power Fire and never 2HKOed by Mega Gardevoir's Focus Blast and Life Orb Latios's Draco Meteor followed by -2 Hidden Power Fire.Roost in the set is mendatory if you want to have a good recovery since you are bulky.
Vaporeon isn't viable in the ORAS OU metagame since there are other bulky water which are better than him like Slowbro/Manaphy/Rotom-W ..
Conkeldurr isn't really amazing in the metagame right now,even if you are using AV you don't have other utility (Raikou have volt switch,Tornadus-T have fighting resistence and ground immunity and acces to regenerator) and your 'movepool' is pretty useless since drain punch is weak and other move too.
Hydreigon can find himself into some team but you need a fairy check because he have x4 weakness to them and M-Scizor isn't enough since it can eat a fire attack in the switch,Jirachi for exemple can be cool
You still don't have stealth rock which is really important.
Alakazam can fite on the team but it depend of the rest of team

scizor-mega.gif

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

212-m.png
Scizor (Mega) (Set)

Last edited:
Thank you for your help, I have been practicing with my team and Vaporeon has been putting in a lot of work, Heal Bell has really come in handy, especially to heal M-Scizor after it has been will-o-wisp'd, which pretty much renders it useless, I tried Jirachi but it was too frail, do you have any suggestions, I feel like the team is lacking something, probably something that i'm completely overlooking.

Thanks again!

Hey Gleam_eyes_joe , the team isn't that bad , you tried to don't make it passive which is very good , so first of all I agree with EdwardElric15 , u should change your Scizor to bulky varaint , it helps you to deal with common OU threats like Mega Alakazam , Gengar etc.
Vaporeon isn't great , there are better Pokemons around and Slowbro really gonna help you to deal with Birdspam and Charizard Mega X which you are really weak to.It also helps you to deal with non Grass Knot Mega Metagross and thunder wave helps you to cripple fast mons which is really good.
Your Landorus-t has very good synergy with your team its the ground resist of your team but I'd suggest you to run an offensie stealth rock variant or defensive rocks variant. Stealth rock is a very important part of the game and it helps your team to deal with mons like Charizard , Talonflame , Volcarona etc.The Offensive set helps you to deal with wisp variant of Talonflame as it can take scalds from slowbro and can set up against Slowbro.
your
Hydriegon is also good but I think Signal Beam isn't rly good , so I'd suggest to change it either to Earth Power or Superpower to deal with Heatran , Tyranitar etc. Also I think Life Orb > Expert Belt on Hydriegon.
Your Alakazam fills the role of revenge killer but I think
Starmie can also do the same but can also Spin Hazard away. It also has great coverage just like Mega Alakazam and its speed is also high but not as high as Alakazam's.
For last I think
Clefable over Conkeldurr really gonna help you to deal with Mega Sableye and Electrics and it can be a very good cm sweeper.

Landorus-Therian @ Lum Berry
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

or

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower / Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock

Hope it helped :]

Hey Gleam_eyes_joe , the team isn't that bad , you tried to don't make it passive which is very good , so first of all I agree with EdwardElric15 , u should change your Scizor to bulky varaint , it helps you to deal with common OU threats like Mega Alakazam , Gengar etc.
Vaporeon isn't great , there are better Pokemons around and Slowbro really gonna help you to deal with Birdspam and Charizard Mega X which you are really weak to.It also helps you to deal with non Grass Knot Mega Metagross and thunder wave helps you to cripple fast mons which is really good.
Your Landorus-t has very good synergy with your team its the ground resist of your team but I'd suggest you to run an offensie stealth rock variant or defensive rocks variant. Stealth rock is a very important part of the game and it helps your team to deal with mons like Charizard , Talonflame , Volcarona etc.The Offensive set helps you to deal with wisp variant of Talonflame as it can take scalds from slowbro and can set up against Slowbro.
your
Hydriegon is also good but I think Signal Beam isn't rly good , so I'd suggest to change it either to Earth Power or Superpower to deal with Heatran , Tyranitar etc. Also I think Life Orb > Expert Belt on Hydriegon.
Your Alakazam fills the role of revenge killer but I think
Starmie can also do the same but can also Spin Hazard away. It also has great coverage just like Mega Alakazam and its speed is also high but not as high as Alakazam's.
For last I think
Clefable over Conkeldurr really gonna help you to deal with Mega Sableye and Electrics and it can be a very good cm sweeper.

Landorus-Therian @ Lum Berry
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

or

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower / Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock

Hope it helped :]
Thank you, this helped so so much, the only reason vaporeon is there is for the status healing with heal bell, do you have a replacement?

Here is the updated team:
Scizor-Mega (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Moonlight

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Hydreigon (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse

Ferrothorn (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 150 Def / 106 SpD
Brave Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Seed Bomb

Slowbro (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

I hope this is a better team overall.

Hey there , on Clefable Softboiled > Moonlight and you need hazard removal.
Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

Back