First 6th Gen Team Attempt

Hi, I just started playing 6th gen competitively, and this is the team I created, it's been working good so far but it needs a lot of improvements, one of the biggest treats for my team right now is gliscor, I don't have anything to take it out, my best shot is greninja but it's not a counter.
Anyway, let's get to the team itself.

kalos_pokemon__trevenant_by_metalliam-d6pk2nx.jpg

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Horn Leech
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp

I just LOVE this thing, it's literally amazing, you just burn and/or leech seed any pokemon, and with protect and harvest you stall them out, if you haven't tested this thing you should do it right now! harvest + protect + decent HP makes this thing really hard to take down, even with it's low/average defences.The biggest problems for this thing are taunt and toxic, if you don't have a move that deals at least 50% of damage you probably won't be able to take it down, if you're not prepared for it you're in a lot of trouble.

shiny_greninja__by_captainlebeau-d6q074g.jpg

Greninja @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Surf
- Extrasensory/Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Protean Greninja is one of the best no-setup sweepers of the game at the moment, it's got a super effective move for a lot of pokemons, and that move will get STAB and expert belt bonus, it's usually used as a lead, and because of it's great coverage it usually catches people off guard. It doesn't have many counters because how versatile this thing is it's hard to counter, but things like CB talonflame can revenge kill it with brave bird (talonflame without a boost doesn't OHKO it while greninja does with surf)Goodra (M) @ Assault Vest

goodra_by_silverbirch-d6rnf2j.jpg

Goodra (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Power Whip/Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave

It's your standard Goodra but I added some defense EVs, I know the spread could be better and I'm open to suggestions.
I was considering using acid armor but without a reliable recovery move it's pretty much useless.
Dragon Pulse it's my STAB move, Fire blast is there to take down things like ferrothorn, scizor and magnezone, Power whip hits water types altough I might switch it for Thunder Bolt, Sludge Wave is just there for the fairies but to be honest, I haven't seen many of them around in PS, maybe it's just because the tiers are a mess and people are just dandomly testing out their favorite pokemons so we'll see.Toxic is what really cripples this thing and lack of recovery really hurts sometimes, it has great synergy with aegislash, aegislash takes fairy attacks like a champ and set ups on them really easily.

talonflame_by_all0412-d6a1mv2.jpg

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Steel Wing

Talonflame is a BEAST, when I saw it's stats I thought it would be another standard flying type with subpar stats, but gale wings is such an amazing ability, after a single swords dance it hits almost everything really hard, and setting SD up is not really an issue because a lot of teams have a forretress or a ferrothorn, and even without the boost I'm surprised how good of a revenge killer this thing is. It's main problem are bulky pokemons that can hit it back like tyranitar, steel wing helps but if it's not been damaged previosly it can't do much to it.

aegislash_by_theangryaron-d6rscu6.png

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

From the moment I read about this thing I knew it would be on my team, it's pretty good and sometimes unpredictable, king's shield is one of the best moves in the game in my opinion, and after a couple of SD shadow sneak becomes really powerful killing almost anything without them having a chance to strike back . If I don't have at least x3 attack it has many problems with gliscor since it resists sacred sword and it hits it back with an EQ.

mega_kangaskhan___mega_kangourex_by_yonaka_pinku-d6phuko.png

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return (previously Earthquake)
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

I tested this thing with EQ before but it wasn't really working so I switched EQ for Return and this thing is really powerful that way, fake out plus sucker punch is great for revenge killing and 2x power up punch is amazing, this thing however has problems facing skarmory and things like ferrothorn with rocky helmet, ferrothorn practically makes kangashkan kill itself with it's ability plus rocky helmet because it hits two times.

I hope you can help me improve my team!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would first recommend expanding on your pokemons description before a mod locks it. As for your team I think you should get rid of extrasensory for ice beam on greninja, psychic just doesnt hit many things very hard and it can outspeed and OHKO gliscor. For your goodra you should probably switch power whip for thunderbolt because it is a special attacker and it also hits water types hard.

The mega of the team, It's good, but it can be easily stopped, it's the weakest spot of the team ATM and I wanna replace him, hopefully for another mega.
I dont know if you were being sarcastic or not but very few things can stop this pokemon...it is easily the most powerful pokemon in OU, it is only a matter of time before it gets sent to ubers. If you were being serious that might be because you dont have the incredibly powerful STAB for kanga, return. You should get rid of fake out or earthquake for return. It really destroys pokes.

Last thing is if you find yourself struggling to fairies you could throw on iron head on aegislash. This is a very powerful team and you should have a lot of success using it.

I would first recommend expanding on your pokemons description before a mod locks it. As for your team I think you should get rid of extrasensory for ice beam on greninja, psychic just doesnt hit many things very hard and it can outspeed and OHKO gliscor. For your goodra you should probably switch power whip for thunderbolt because it is a special attacker and it also hits water types hard.

I dont know if you were being sarcastic or not but very few things can stop this pokemon...it is easily the most powerful pokemon in OU, it is only a matter of time before it gets sent to ubers. If you were being serious that might be because you dont have the incredibly powerful STAB for kanga, return. You should get rid of fake out or earthquake for return. It really destroys pokes.

Last thing is if you find yourself struggling to fairies you could throw on iron head on aegislash. This is a very powerful team and you should have a lot of success using it.
Sorry, I'm new here I didn't know what else to add to the description but i will definetely update it with a better description.
I'll test ice beam over extrasensory since I am having a lot of trouble with gliscor atm, I'll also test thunderbolt since power whip is not really that necesary for me.
And no, I wasn't being sarcastic about mega kangashkan, I'd definetely test return over earthquake since lack of a hard hitting move was my main issue with it. As for fairies, they're not really an issue, at least not atm since they seem to be very rare in the PS metagame.
Thanks for the help!

EDIT: You were right about kangashkan, now I kinda feel guilty for usint this OP thing. . .

Last edited:
Back