ORAS OU Explosive! H/O

Hey guys!BlazingRed here and this is my rmt for the ORAS OU meta.I've built this team around Mega Glalie who's fun to use and I've been doing great on the ladder and the frequent tournaments that take place on PS.So,without further ado.

mega_glalie_plz_by_neo_magnus-d82twik.jpg
Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Double-Edge
- Spikes

The star of my team,it sets up Spikes very nicely while taking out annoying mons like Ferro,Clefable and the egg monsta with Explosion while it's also capable of surviving a couple of hits,which makes me wonder whether I should run a Bulky EV Spread.Not frail,but I ponder what'd happen if I used the 252 HP and 252 Atk Spread,lmk your thoughts.
excitement02.jpg

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Conkeldurr is absolutely vital for this team.It checks Bisharp who can sweep my team and the mighty Greninja who seems to have no check at all lol.Does its job at keeping mons like Mew,Rotom-Wash(the will o wispers) and the ever so present Gengar.Also capable of surviving Psyshocks from Lati@s at full health and OHKO'ng with Ice Punch,devours Lando.The EV Spread is pretty standard,not much to say.
skarmory_flying_by_kd476-d76nqb8.gif

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Taunt
- Brave Bird

Skarmory is one of the vital components of my team.It deals with SetUp Sweepers,Hazard setters and also checks MegaGross,(Mega)Scizor(Banded),TFlame to some extent and also Bisharp.Its Rocks that it gets up are always important for residual and major damage as well.BB to avoid struggling with Taunt(see what I did there?)Again,a very standard EV spread,24 Speed EVs to outspeed and Taunt Max Speed Wobbafet.
Latias_by_Latte3000.png

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 29 SpA
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Latias adds a little bit of bulk to my team while keeping up its offensive presence.Does a good job at keeping mons like Keldeo,Conk,ZardY and MegaVenu at bay.I read somehwere that 29 SpAtk IVs minimise LO Damage,please correct me if I'm wrong :P Also helps me in dealing with Chansey to an extent,Latias>Latios because like I said before,I needed the offensive presence while it's also capable of taking a few hits.
latest

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball

Ah.ScarfGarde is so good I mean,I love to come into Greninjas and Trace Protean and,you know,sweep?It helps me at checking Rotoms,Gengars,Keldeos,MegaVenu and so much more!ScarfGarde rulez!
Oh btw,the gender of my Garde is male just so you know before y'all get excited.Energy Ball destroys RotomW while Moonblast helps me against Conk,Keldeo and other Fighting types while also keeping the non scarfed Dragon types like Garchomp at bay.Psyshock deals with Special Walls,MegaVenu while Shadow Ball is just there for coverage and the SpDef drop I guess.
779-1.png

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

RotomW.THE MOST ANNOYING SHIT EVER ACCORDING TO EVERYONE BUT USED BY EVERYONE.Checks TFlames,Bisharps.MegaGross and is a great pivot.Not a lot to say honestly.Speed EVs allow me to burn Azumarril with uninvested EVs in Speed.Pain Split is really fun to use,Let's say I survive a DracoMeteor from a Latios,I'll Pain Split and get back HP while it's stuck with a -2 SpAtk drop.Then I can burn the switch in or the Latios,either way,win-win

And there we have it guys,my first rmt for ORAS.I'd love your feedback and suggestions and I'll keep updating this thread with them and replays.Enjoy :)

REPLAYS:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-192915089

Last edited:
Back