ORAS OU ELEMENTAL BLITZ

I began to use this team in late XY meta, but stopped using it in ORAS because Gunk Shot Greninja was running rampant and it could easily plow through most of the team. All team members cracked a smile when smog frog was banished from OU.

The idea for this team spawned when I was brainstorming to make a team revolving around Mega-Zard X. All of these Pokemon's types complement each other perfectly to make a decent blend of balance/HO. What's amazing about this team is that I have several win conditions as long as the right counters/checks are gone so there's no big pressure on a single pokemon. I would really like to succeed with this team so suggestions are welcome as long as it doesn't change the idea behind the team too much. This is it:

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz

FIRE/DRAGON

I decided to use Mega Zard X because he is an extremely dangerous Pokémon and his overall design. I used the regular Dragon Dance sweeper set, so I aim to use him mid to late game as soon as an opportunity arises. Dragon claw for reliable Tough Claws boost STAB, Earthquake for reliable damage output and coverage and Flare Blitz to annihilate anything that doesn't resist it. It is of utmost importance to keep rocks off the field before Charizard appears, 50% damage upon switch-in is never good.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Belly Drum

WATER/FAIRY

This set aims to turn Azumarill into one of the most terrifying and unstoppable sweepers in the metagame with Belly Drum. Aqua Jet is the most important attack, because it allows Azumarill to hit Pokemon that would normally be able to outspeed and revenge kill it. Play Rough is essential to break through Pokemon that aren't KOed by Aqua Jet and for powerful STAB. Superpower is for coverage and to hit opposing Ferrothorns on the switch. The key of using this set is to first get rid of all things that can stop Azumarill like M-Scizor, M-Venusaur, Rotom-W, etc. It is also important to keep rocks off the field because Azumaril needs all the health it can get. (superior sets are welcome)

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

GRASS/STEEL

Originally I hated this Pokémon, but since I've started using it, he became one of my all time favorites. He completes my FWG and DFS core at the same time. He is an awesome physical tank, eating up attacks while also dealing it back. I chose Leftovers over Rocky Helmet for passive recovery as I want him to be alive for as long as possible. He is my SR setter. Leech Seed to cripple switch ins and Pokémon that make the mistake of staying in against this monster while adding to my health. Power Whip to greatly damage some water types and surprise switch ins. Gyro Ball is essential because it get rids of faster pokemon with frail defenses and it is also good on some pokemon on the switch. I invested in attack to give him offensive presence too, something that takes people by surprise.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 176 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Heat Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog

ELECTRIC/FLYING

Zapdos is the team defogger but he also gives scary offensive presence, Thunderbolt hits surprisingly hard and heat wave gets rid of Steel types. Roost is essential on this set, try to use it often as he has to switch into rocks most of the time. Didn't make him physically defensive because I already have Ferrothorn for that, so i made him specially defensive.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge
- Freeze-Dry/Icicle Spear

GROUND/ICE

Mamoswine completes a semi-core with Zapdos. His job is to stop sweepers and is my designated dragon killer, so it is of utmost importance that his sash is not broken with entry hazards. Earthquake for powerful STAB, Ice shard for priority and killing Garchomp, M-Sceptile and Dnite, Stone Edge to stop Smog Bird and i'm still undecided between Facade and Freeze Dry for the last slot. So im open for recommendations on that last move.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

All cores are complete so this last pokemon is the most interchangeable of them all. But Clefable is such a good pokemon, to the point it became one of my favorites after I began using her. She is my status sponge, gets rid of Sableye, Fighting Types and Dragons. Steel types like Scizor and Ferrothorn have to think twice before switching in because this thing gets flamethrower. She acts like some type of pivot most of the time, as she's inmune to passive damage, entry hazardss and has impressive bulk and reliable recovery. She can also act as a CM sweeper if nothing doesn't stop her in time. So she offers both defensive and offensive presence.

Threats:
-HP Fire Mega Venusaur is a big threat to this team as i don't have a reliable answer to that thing.
-Entry Hazards: Spikes and Stealth Rocks break Focus Sash,damage Azumarill's much needed HP on the switch and SR cripples Charizard if I didn't mega evolve early.

Last edited:
Hey there, cool team!

First, I suggest changing Clefable's spread to 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD, this helps avoid 2HKO's from a LO Thunderbolt from Thundurus and LO Psyshock from Latios. Everything else seems fine with it. Secondly, I would change Ferrothorn's spread to 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD. TD + Rain Dance Manaphy, if it sets up, can do work against this team and this spread helps it live 2 Ice Beams from +3 Manaphy, allowing you to get a Power Whip off. The Atk EV's are uneccassary because you lose out on bulk, and is generally used as a status absorber. Sure, you have Clefable as a status absorber, but there will be a time when you don't have Clefable to absorb status moves, and if your Ferrothorn gets burned, those Atk EV's go to waste. I would also change Zapdos' EV spread to 248 HP / 68 Def / 176 SpD / 16 Spe. It allows you to speed creep base 70's like Adament Bisharp, the HP EV's give you an Odd #, allowing you to come in on Stealth Rocks 4 times and the rest while allowing you to take things on like special attackers like Latios, Thundy, etc; and physical attackers like Mega Pinsir, Non-Banded Talonflame, etc. Another thing you should consider, is Roost > Earthquake on Mega-Charizard X. You have Azu + Mamoswine to deal with Heatran and Roost allows you to keep Mega-Charizard X healthy from all the Flare Blitz Recoil it'll be taking, and you want to make sure Zard is able to tear through your opponent's team, by making sure you can keep it for the rest of the battle. If Earthquake is prefered over Roost, a change of Latias -> Zapdos can work, with a moveset of: Draco Meteor, Hidden Power Fighting (for Bisharp) or Psyshock, Defog, Healing Wish + 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe. This has a bit more of offensive presence, has a relatively good bulk and can take special hits relatively well from Keldeo (a threat to your team except Azu) and Manaphy (bar Ice Beam). And lastly, consider Life Orb > Focus Sash on Mamoswine. I generally don't like Focus Sash Endeavor Mamoswine if it isn't used as a suicide lead, in which in this case, isn't used as that, and you aren't using Mamoswine's strength to it's full potential. Changing it to Naive Nature w/ a spread of 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe, allow you 2HKO Physically Def. Rotom-W after stealth rocks with Freeze Dry. Change Endeavor -> Icicle Crash, a strong STAB Ice move.

That's all I have to say and for you to consider. Good luck with your team ! :]

Yo nice team. As trike_insane said above yourequire team does seem weak to set up sweepers in general. That can be easily remedied by changing magic guard clefable to unaware. This way you get a wish passer and a pokemon that doesn't give a shit about set up sweepers. I prefer lati@s to zapdos as a defogger. Because they have a greater offensive presence and force alot of switchs. Moreover this will get rid of your mega venu problems. Change Ferrothorn's EV's to that mentioned above and use a Sassy rather than Relaxed Nature. This is because most of ferro's checks and counters are specially oriented. If you decide to use sash on mamoswine then give SR to mamo and spikes to ferro. This will help get some crucial KOs.

Hope I helped :)

Honestly, I couldn't have asked for a better rate than yours trike! Thanks for your time in doing this well-thought rate! All EV spreads are vastly superior and I have been testing them out and the changes have made an immediate positive impact on my team so I have decided to make them permanent!

I'll take your recommendation of swapping EQ for Roost under serious consideration after I try it out for a couple of battles. I've seen some Latias using that set you recommended and the support they bring is not only biblical but Draco Meteor hits like a nuke and Healing Wish literally brings back pokemon from the dead and gives that important momentum in crucial times of the battle. Will consider swapping Zapdos for her even though I will miss Thunderbolt and the utility of Heat Wave. Really appreciate it man, it shows that you know your stuff!

Yo nice team. As trike_insane said above yourequire team does seem weak to set up sweepers in general. That can be easily remedied by changing magic guard clefable to unaware. This way you get a wish passer and a pokemon that doesn't give a shit about set up sweepers. I prefer lati@s to zapdos as a defogger. Because they have a greater offensive presence and force alot of switchs. Moreover this will get rid of your mega venu problems. Change Ferrothorn's EV's to that mentioned above and use a Sassy rather than Relaxed Nature. This is because most of ferro's checks and counters are specially oriented. If you decide to use sash on mamoswine then give SR to mamo and spikes to ferro. This will help get some crucial KOs.

Hope I helped :)
Changed Ferro's nature as you are right. I know that Unaware Clefable is great but I feel Magic Guard Clefable has more utility for my team in general as she's my status absorber and her inmunity to entry hazards and bulk makes her a great pivot for my team. Yeah i'm seriously considering changing Zapdos for Latias, will definitely try her out now that you're the 2nd person to recommend me Latias. And thanks for your time!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)