Other Doubles Team M-Sceptile Peak

So i Recently got into doubles and i have had a blast doing so this team has brought me into the top 25, but im trying to figure out the hole in it so to speak, I peaked at 21 on the ladder, until i got crushed by a few trick room teams, file is at the bottom :P

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Soak
- Discharge
- Scald
- Protect

Lanturn fills a very unique niche on this team, It serves as a bulky water and a great partner for sceptile and Thundurus as well as somewhat of a lure, Heres how it works, lure in something that the team wants to get rid of, say amoongus, and then soak it to take away its STAB, and make it vulnurable to sceptile or thundurus or even lanturn itself

Recently i have been experimenting and considering changing soak with heal bell, This team really doesnt like status and lanturn is quite bulky

Main fix i want for him is what the ideal EV spread for him would be, because i just kinda went with my instinct on this one

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Zap Plate
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

Thundurus hits hard and is a great partner for any of my core members, Zap plate Is great in the sense that it bluffs choice items, Thundurus serves a few purposes on my team, the first being that it is one of my dischargers for lanturn and sceptile, The second is that people tend to know how to beat a choiced pokemon, but not how to call a bluff

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Choice scarf Is exactly what landorus needs to patch up its mediocre speed, and be a real force. Landorus is one of those pokemon that just goes with everything, it fits the theme of my discharge core, it Lets me pick off weakened foes, soften up those that need to be softened before someone else takes care of them, and in some cases, you can get a full sweep with him

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Protect

Sceptile is probably my most powerful pokemon on the team, as well as being one of my favorites. Grass/Dragon is actually a very useful STAB combo, albeit it is an unfortunate 4X weakness to ice, It is a great check to Mega Mence so long as i play my cards right, Lightning Rod goes in the theme of discharge as it makes Sceptile near unstoppable

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Claw
- Iron Head

Aegislash hits like a ton of bricks and sits behind one of the best defenses in the entire game, wide guard is exactly what this team needs, as it protects against so many common attacks that can really do a number on this team, Aegislash also counters the fairy types that can be troublesome for this team because of iron head, at the moment im thinking of moving 4 evs to speed to outspeed sylveon and other base 50's

Volcarona @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 232 HP / 68 Def / 100 SpA / 108 Spe
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Rage Powder
- Protect

I actually found this set on the forums and tweaked it slightly so far LOVE IT, Heat wave filled one of the holes originally on my team, as well as rage powder, It outspeeds and OHKO's most if not all breloom, can take a sucker punch from bisharp and revenge kill no problem, It also serves as a valuable Ice resistance that this team desperately needed, its also a good amoongus counter, a pokemon that is very annoying

So far im loving this team, but it has one glaring issue, it has quite a bit of a weakness to trick room teams, I would love to set aegislashs Speed IV to 0, but then Sylveon gets profoundly annoying

Thanks everybody

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-12-16 at 3.38.15 PM.png
    Screen shot 2014-12-16 at 3.38.15 PM.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 341
Back