Other Features Confirmed Mega Evolutions for ORAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Hi there. I'm honestly astonished that no one has an article pending for this yet, as it is a very hot topic that readers will want to check out for sure. I'll be writing this with Molk, EonX, MattL, and other writers I will try to include from different tiers, and what we're planning to do is talk about the gains (and disadvantages) that come with these new Mega forms, and how these might change the Pokemon's competitive value on the whole, considering the metagame environments of the different tiers they might fall into here at Smogon. In short, this will be covering the new Megas from a speculative point of view, based on metagame reasoning and competitive know-how.

As of today, we've discovered there's a Mega for Rayquaza! It could be a Primal form as Kyogre and Groudon have, but we'll update the article here as we find out more. :)

Mega Sharpedo

Mega Camerupt

Mega Altaria

Mega Sceptile

Mega Swampert

Mega Audino

Mega Lopunny

Mega Gallade

Mega Sableye

Mega Slowbro

Mega Salamence

Mega Metagross

Mega Rayquaza

Thanks for this opportunity to contribute, as always. :)

Last edited:
22:34<Briyella|work> wondering if you could have a look at this
22:34<Briyella|work> http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/confirmed-mega-evolutions-for-oras.3518838/
22:40<Bummer> will it separate itself enough from this article? http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/36-of-hoenn-returns-megas-rising.3514167/
22:40<Bummer> as it handles both announced and possible mons
22:55<Bummer> briyella|work
23:11<Briyella|work> oh
23:11<Briyella|work> damn
23:13<Briyella|work> well, this is speculating stats and things that are not confirmed and how they will impact the metagames they are likely to fall into is not talked about
23:13<Bummer> nuttin wrong with dat
23:14<Bummer> but I would oppose having both in the same issue
23:14<Briyella|work> oh yea there's no possible way to do this without content overlap
23:14<Briyella|work> mine will be more competitive
23:14<Briyella|work> and there's no way to fit two issues in before ORAS
23:16<Bummer> that's true
23:17<Bummer> but given the skeletons in the other article
23:18<Bummer> it seems your content is already there
23:18<Bummer> so at this point I'd rather see you guys teaming up
23:18<Bummer> because that article has a lot to cover already
23:18<Briyella|work> okay
23:18<Briyella|work> Alexandrine is my mentee :)
23:18<Briyella|work> i had no idea this article existed lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back