Chaining Hypothesis

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for the past two days, I have been chaining Scythers. I have successfully hit 40 twice now, and caught over 8 shiny Scythers (including one Adamant with 31 IV's in ATK... but with the ability Swarm =/).

I'm still continuing to chain, and I've realized something: the higher the level, the harder it is to chain. There are only two different levels for Scyther where I am chaining (19 and 21), and when I get the latter, not only do good patches seem to show up less frequently, there seems to be a higher frequency of good patches breaking my chain. When I chain level 19 Scythers, it seems to be much easier to maintain the chain.

Nobody seems to mention the fact that the first Pokemon you KO or catch in your chain will set the level of all the Pokemon in the same chain. For example, when I defeat a level 19 Scyther, every other Scyther I get in my chain will also be level 19. Now, I don't know if people have just overlooked this before, or figured it is not worth mentioning, but I am currently under the belief that the level you find your Pokemon at is actually very important to your chain. If you start your chain off with a level at the high end of the spectrum for your patch, you could be signing your own death note in terms of the success of your chain.

If anybody else has noticed this phenomena, please let me know, or if you have experienced something completely different, please let me know as well. Also, I am curious as to whether this is correlated to levels in general (a level 5 Pokemon is easier to chain than a level 40 Pokemon, even if in the patch, level 5 is on the high end, and in the other patch, level 40 is on the low end), or if they are separated by the patches you chain in.

This sounds far more like a conjecture than a hypothesis. To have a discussion about game mechanics based on how people "feel" about how often x happens is pointless and leads to nothing. Experiment, keep a table of these frequencies. Come back when you have actually evidence to back up this "hypothesis"; otherwise, it's just a waste of everyone's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back