Ability: As One (Glastrier)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Tera Type: Fire / Ground
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Glacial Lance
- High Horsepower
- Trick Room

Calyrex-I comes out of the stable as a terrifying sweeper in the Ubers tier! Calyrex-I's monstrous Attack coupled with access to Trick Room makes it an incredibly powerful force, best used as an end-game cleaner on offense-oriented teams. Being an offensive Ice-type in a Dragon- and Ground-type dominated metagame is extremely valuable, as it can run through a lot of common cores. Glacial Lance hits a lot of targets for super effective damage, namely Miraidon, Arceus-Ground, and Koraidon, while High Horsepower aids in hitting the Pokemon that resist Glacial Lance, such as Necrozma-DM and Kyogre. Tera Fire makes Calyrex-I immune to burn, as well as resistant to Fire- and Steel-type attacks, which allows it to set up in front of Koraidon and Zacian-C. Alternatively, Tera Ground can be used to boost the power of High Horsepower, allowing it to OHKO Zacian-C without any boosts, as well as being able to OHKO Kyogre and defensive Necrozma-DM from full at +2. An Adamant nature is used to allow Calyrex-I outspeed Ting-Lu outside of Trick Room, ensuring it doesn't have to take a Ruination. Trick Room Necrozma-DM is the premier partner for Calyrex-I, as the two of them can utilize Trick Room to overwhelm most offensive and balance teams, and Necrozma-DM can beat Skeledirge.

Last edited:

Lasen

pleading and afraid
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
First off, change all instances of "Calyrex-Ice" or "Calyrex" to "Calyrex-I".

Second, you bring up its great offensive typing; its Psychic-type is not useful at all offensively, so I'd rephrase this bit to be about Calyrex-I being an offensive Ice-type in a tier dominated by Dragon- and Ground-types meaning it gets to run through a lot of common cores.

bring up more targets that resist Lance like Kyogre and NDM.

Tera Ground also allows +2 Calyrex-I to OHKO Kyogre and defensive DD NDM from full.

TR + SD NDM is probably THE best partner to pair with Calyrex-I, as together they can overwhelm balance and HO teams alike and overwhelm defensive walls not named Giratina-O. It also can beat dirge which Calyrex-I cannot.

1/2 after implementation

RoyalReloaded

is a Top Tiering Contributor
MPL Champion
First off, change all instances of "Calyrex-Ice" or "Calyrex" to "Calyrex-I".

Second, you bring up its great offensive typing; its Psychic-type is not useful at all offensively, so I'd rephrase this bit to be about Calyrex-I being an offensive Ice-type in a tier dominated by Dragon- and Ground-types meaning it gets to run through a lot of common cores.

bring up more targets that resist Lance like Kyogre and NDM.

Tera Ground also allows +2 Calyrex-I to OHKO Kyogre and defensive DD NDM from full.

TR + SD NDM is probably THE best partner to pair with Calyrex-I, as together they can overwhelm balance and HO teams alike and overwhelm defensive walls not named Giratina-O. It also can beat dirge which Calyrex-I cannot.

1/2 after implementation
implemented, thank you lasen

1300 characters GP Team

red fintans

fintan is actually blue
is a Contributor to Smogon
1/1 GP Team done
Calyrex-Ice @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: As One (Glastrier)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Tera Type: Fire / Ground
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Glacial Lance
- High Horsepower
- Trick Room

Calyrex-I comes out of the stable as a terrifying sweeper in the Ubers tier! Calyrex-I's monstrous Attack coupled with access to Trick Room makes it an incredibly powerful force, best used as an end-(AH)game cleaner on offense-oriented teams. Being an offensive Ice-type in a Dragon- and Ground-type dominated metagame is extremely valuable, as it can run through a lot of common cores. Glacial Lance hits a lot of targets for super-(RH)effective damage, namely Miraidon, Arceus-Ground, and Koraidon, while High Horsepower aids in hitting the Pokemon that resist Glacial Lance, such as Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Necrozma-DM and Kyogre. Tera Fire makes Calyrex-I immune to burn, as well as resistant to Fire- and Steel-type attacks, which allows it to set up in front of Koraidon and Zacian-C. Alternatively, Tera Ground can be used to boost the power of High Horsepower, allowing it to OHKO Zacian-C without any boosts, as well as being able to OHKO Kyogre and defensive Necrozma Dusk Mane Necrozma-DM from full at +2. An Adamant nature is used to allow Calyrex-I to outspeed Ting-Lu outside of Trick Room, ensuring Calyrex-I it doesn't have to take a Ruination. Trick Room Necrozma Dusk Mane Necrozma-DM is the premier partner for Calyrex-I, as the two of them can utilize Trick Room to overwhelm most offensive and balance teams, and Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Necrozma-DM can beat Skeledirge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)