not to be pretentious but yall should really read this… C.H.A.T. (Come Here for All Talk)

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
For some reason, this image fills me with inarticulable dread.
dbs broly and beavis and butthead in the proximity of clint eastwood and saving private ryan is literally just this
1715156275790.png

tangentially related but broly and into the spiderverse releasing on the exact same day is an absolutely insane factoid not enough people talk about

Last edited:
Over the last few years, whenever I encounter toxic people, I always wonder about their upbringing

Like I had a boss who called me the n-word (I am not even black and neither was he) after I delivered documents to him with paper clips that were too small for his liking. What was this man's origin story, I really wonder
The paper clips being too small is crazy. Some people just really want an excuse to spew hate, I guess.

Over the last few years, whenever I encounter toxic people, I always wonder about their upbringing

Like I had a boss who called me the n-word (I am not even black and neither was he) after I delivered documents to him with paper clips that were too small for his liking. What was this man's origin story, I really wonder
probably bad parenting. like 60% of villains in real life are a result of bad parenting. im willing to bet that it is at least 95% for bigotry.

probably bad parenting. like 60% of villains in real life are a result of bad parenting. im willing to bet that it is at least 95% for bigotry.
I'd say it's more like 90-95% of all villains. You'd never hear of a serial killer without some kind of parental issues. Abuse is one factor, but circumstances that normalize violence or isolated or spoiled environments are notable to

That said, I wonder what these circumstances were like to have made a villain. I think I started asking these questions when I first saw The Sopranos. The most interesting aspect of this show to me is how Tony's development (or rather regression) as a human is determined by his parents, and how, despite Tony being in his late 30s by the start of the show and having a family of himself, is most influenced by his mother. Made me reflect on myself and how my parents have determined my idendity

Like Yandev. Guy's fucking awful, pure poison in human form. Where did this poison come from? There had to be something wrong in his upbringing, but what specifically?

I'd say it's more like 90-95% of all villains. You'd never hear of a serial killer without some kind of parental issues. Abuse is one factor, but circumstances that normalize violence or isolated or spoiled environments are notable to

That said, I wonder what these circumstances were like to have made a villain. I think I started asking these questions when I first saw The Sopranos. The most interesting aspect of this show to me is how Tony's development (or rather regression) as a human is determined by his parents, and how, despite Tony being in his late 30s by the start of the show and having a family of himself, is most influenced by his mother. Made me reflect on myself and how my parents have determined my idendity

Like Yandev. Guy's fucking awful, pure poison in human form. Where did this poison come from? There had to be something wrong in his upbringing, but what specifically?
Well, its definetely the normalisation of this abuse makes people think that being toxic is a part of normal life and is just somebody caring about you, when in reality it isn't healthy at all. Children base their attitudes a lot around those around them and you can see this clearly when somebody points out how somebody sounds like one of their parents, they are subconciously doing the same thing that there parents are doing since they have been imprinted on as children. I know that my awful jokes are representive of the fact that my father makes the same awful jokes (and also my anger issues that rarely pop up, though I have tempered it down a lot since I realise that is no way to treat people and acting like my father does only pushes people away) and others also have similar things. When adults are being toxic, they believe that it is normal behaviour and thus become what their parents are.
There are other things that can shape a person into a bad person, such as personal tradegies/experiences and other close relationships (mainly friends or role models) acting as bad influences, so it isn't a black and white scenario, lots of things can influence somebody to become a bad person and even if there are all the above things, a person can turn into a wonderful human being.
This of course, does not excuse anybody from acting this toxic way. As I like to say, "That's a reason, not an excuse, to be an awful person".

Well, its definetely the normalisation of this abuse makes people think that being toxic is a part of normal life and is just somebody caring about you, when in reality it isn't healthy at all. Children base their attitudes a lot around those around them and you can see this clearly when somebody points out how somebody sounds like one of their parents, they are subconciously doing the same thing that there parents are doing since they have been imprinted on as children. I know that my awful jokes are representive of the fact that my father makes the same awful jokes (and also my anger issues that rarely pop up, though I have tempered it down a lot since I realise that is no way to treat people and acting like my father does only pushes people away) and others also have similar things. When adults are being toxic, they believe that it is normal behaviour and thus become what their parents are.
There are other things that can shape a person into a bad person, such as personal tradegies/experiences and other close relationships (mainly friends or role models) acting as bad influences, so it isn't a black and white scenario, lots of things can influence somebody to become a bad person and even if there are all the above things, a person can turn into a wonderful human being.
This of course, does not excuse anybody from acting this toxic way. As I like to say, "That's a reason, not an excuse, to be an awful person".
I think that's describing it well

I'd say that there's a decision for everyone who's gone through trauma between "I want to make the world feel the same as I felt" and "I don't want anyone in the world to feel as I felt". The uglier sides of my upbringing have thaught me a lot, despite the damage it has done unto me

I think cultures play a role here too. Some cultures are more inclined towards normalizing violence and other depravities than others. My parents are from the balkans and I think the toxicity that is prevalent among balkan cultures has affected the home life too. That isn't to say that any culture is perfect, every one of them has certain issues, but if we deny these issues, we'll never address them and never get better. Additionally, circumstances of oppression or exclusion warp cultures to be more inclined towards these toxic cycles. This is also something The Sopranos has shown (go and watch Sopranos now, you won't regret it)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)