BW Cup X - Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

a fairy

has no name
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
RoAPL Champion
rHyaifa.png

BW Cup X Round 4

Pokemon Black and White are COPPA-approved! But not Pokemon Black 2 and White 2.

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Smogon Classic details can be read here
  • Standard BW OU
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • Do not make baseless activity posts -- get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
  • Replays will be required starting in Round 2 of the tournament.
hey pals this stuff is just the cliffnotes, for the full list of rules for Smogon Tournaments check here

Identity

About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: Tournament matches must be played on the Smogtoursserver. The Main PS! serveris also acceptable if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the TD team and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing in Smogtours, where we also have the power to recreate games that end due to DC's.

Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

On the Timer: The timer must stay on throughout the whole battle..

On Timeout losses: A player that loses by having all his time run out loses the game. This is only not the case if the player that received the timeout loss can be verified to have suffered a True Disconnection. Rematches are only allowed if there was a True Disconnection.

On True Disconnection: The TD team has a secret threshold of seconds that your timer must be at or above, from the moment you disconnect, for a timeout loss to be considered a True disconnection. If your game is determined to be a true disconnection if you played on Smogtours and contacted a TD before the room expired your game will be recreated up to the point the disconnect happened. It is the responsibility of the player that disconnected to get a TD into the room before it expires.
Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Move Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview
  • Moody Clause

Round 4:
Finchinator  vs  fran17
sapphiree  vs  Baloor
Luthier  vs  GirlsSeeGhosts
Pheo  vs  UltiNooba19
Cryolite  vs  Dawn Dreams
monchooo  vs  Monai
LegitlyIzOP  vs  Glue
GaryTheGengar  vs  Isza
Maxouille  vs  crying
triple axel blaze  vs  Azure_Crystal
Clementine  vs  Brigtel
Chichein  vs  Hoopas Dad
hellpowna  vs  Nashrock
Rewer  vs  Goootzinho
Ninja  vs  EphemeralAxiom
ArcticBreeze  vs  Sergio Aguero
Luigi  vs  Stareal
Poek  vs  Malekith
Jaajgko  vs  Majestic777
GasaiYunoSan  vs  Larry
Zokuru  vs  entrocefalo
w_r  vs  Sergi
Lily  vs  SoulWind
horriii  vs  Kristyl
crucify  vs  Royal5888
Welli0u  vs  bbeeaa
M Dragon  vs  One Last Kiss
Milkshook  vs  egalvanc
Pideous  vs  Conflict
Leo  vs  autumn
MichaelderBeste2  vs  Sificon
ez  vs  Star

Round 3 Extensions deadline: Wednesday 11:59pm GMT July 24th
Round deadline: Sunday 11:59pm GMT July 28st
Replays are required in Round 4.

Last edited:
unfortunately will have to claim activity, my opp did not show up at all today and i cannot play on weekend as i will be off with my family

• Haha
Reactions: Cow
unfortunately will have to claim activity, my opp did not show up at all today and i cannot play on weekend as i will be off with my family

Claiming act here as well..

My opponent seems to have 0 zero interest in getting this game done but rather reaching one round further in every way possible.

The situation:
I had to contact my opponent on tuesday (instead of him contacting me) and offered him my prefered times i'd like to play (friday saturday and sunday evening). He lost at least 2 days here getting this game done for not contacting me even tho he knew that he has no time on saturday or sunday at all which gave him right at the beginning of this scheduling attept a possible availability of only 3 days (wedneday, thursday and friday).

On wednesday i got an answer where he gave me a whole time window of 3h on a single day (friday evening). The second sign that he had no interest in getting this game done since he knew that he can't play on saturday or sunday at all and risked not getting this game done here.

On thursday morning i asked him if friday 10pm GMT+2 would b fine (which was part of his 3h time window). Friday morning (european time) i woke up and checked if he has agreed to the suggested time but there was no answer by him at all. Third sign that he had no interest in getting this game done if he can't respond 24h after my answer even tho the game was about to might take place in 36h (from the moment i suggested the time)

At friday noon and evening i had to work (i had no time on this day before 10pm which i told him through my offered availabiliys this day) which made it impossible for me to check if he finally agreed to my suggested time.

Later on at work i got a phone call that my grandma had to admit into the hospital (she has been sick for quite some time). So right after work my family and i visited her to check if she's okay. Since my opponent never agreed to the suggested time at friday morning to play for friday evening and didn't even mentioned that he can't play on saturday / sunday at all i wasn't worried to find a new time with him and wasn't even thinking about claiming act especially since i had more important things in my life to worry about at this moment (my grandma).

Now, after a 8h shift and an exhausting night with a surgery at my grandma, at 3am i have to notice that my opponent has instead of trying to find a new time he rather claims an act win based on the whole story here. I was literally about to give him a few more availabilitys of me for saturday and sunday or hell were even thinking about an extension for monday / tuesday.
But based on someone offering just a time window of 3h during the whole week AND still not agreeing for the time i suggested him AND not taking a different day / exention into account but rather claims an act kinda disappoints me. I was about to show some great sportmanship and give him a new chance for saturday / sunday so i don't have to claim an act by myself but the behaviour of my opponent lets me lose all hope here though. :(

Fun fact: my opponent STILL hasn't agreed for the time he is claiming his act here lol. All proofs can be viewed on 'Majestic777's (my opponents) wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back