Butterfree @ leftovers
Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 6 HP/252 DEF/252 SpDef
Nature:Bold
~ Rain Dance
~ Stun Spore
~ Whirlwind
~ U-turn

Butterfree is my lead. She is there to basically stun spore and whirlwind the enemy team. The reason for the bold nature is so that it can take attacks. The Rain Dance is there because the team would normally be weak to fire types.

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Satk/ 4 Sdef/ 252 Spe
Nature: Modest
~ Quiver Dance
~ Bug Buzz
~ Hurricane
~ Fiery Dance

Volcarona is there to abuse the rain with Hurricane or get a stab Bug Buzz after a Quiver Dance. The Fiery Dance is there to get rid of opposing steel types such as Scizor or opposing bug or grass types.

Masquerain @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP/ 252 DEF/ 8 Spe
Nature:Bold
~ Quiver Dance
~ Baton Pass
~ Roost
~ Bug Buzz

Masquerain is there to take some hits while boosting with Quiver Dance and Baton Pass out. I'm debating on whether or not to toss out Roost for Hydro Pump so that I can get more of a legitimate use out of the two Rain Dancers on this team. It sounds like a better idea.

Mothim @ Life Orb
Trait: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 Satk/ 4Sdef/ 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
~ Quiver Dance
~ Bug Buzz
~ Air Slash
~ Hidden Power (Water)

Mothim is on this team as a special sweeper. If Baton Passed into, then it can smash with Bug Buzz or Hidden Power. Thanks to Tinted Lens Bug Buzz is more effective to a wider range of Pokemon.

Scizor @ Damp Rock
Trait: Technician
EVs:252 Atk/ 4 Sdef/ 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant
~ Rain Dance
~ Bullet Punch
~ Super Power
~ Bug Bite

I feel like Rain Dance on Scizor is wasted but it has actually work pretty well. Maybe I'll just give Scizor a Life Orb and Sword Dance>Rain Dance. The only Problem I have with that is the huge weakness the team will have to fire types. The problem I am having while trying to keep this team strictly a bug team.

Galvantula @ Life Orb
Trait: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 Satk/ 4 Sdef/ 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
~ Thunder
~ Bug Buzz
~ Hidden Power (Ground)
~ Giga Drain

Galvantula is in my opinion the best Pokemon on my team offensively. Compound Eyes with Life Orb and Thunder I feel are a good combo. The Hidden Power Ground is there to smack Heatran, rock types, fires, etc. The Giga Drain is to regain health. I feel like I could replace Bug Buzz. Any Suggestions? Galvantula has performed pretty flawlessly.

Any suggestions would be extremely helpful. I'm trying to keep this team a TRUE bug team but still stay competitive. I'd really appreciate opinions about Rain Dance on a Scizor. Is it too paranoid having Rain Dance on Butterfree and Scizor? Galvantula doesn't need the Rain Dance because he has Compound Eyes. Help? haha

Sorry for not having Sprites. I am new to Smogon and don't know how to put sprites. I googled it but it I came up with nada. Also, if this should be in another category (OU, UU, NU, etc.) Please let me know. Thank you for your feedback in advance ^__^

Back