Other BattleSpot Singles Team F/W/G Core

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
I have always wanted to build a team around a core consisting of Char-X, Ferro, and Azu so here it is:
This is for in-game use so, if you play the games you should know, there are 2 extra Ev points that can be added on in-game.

mega_charizard_x_by_oko_san-d6q3ozy.png

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 114 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Thunder Punch

I started this team with Char-X as it is a very potent offensive threat with few weaknesses all of which are covered by other members of the team. Being a physical attacker that is immune to burn is a giant plus with the popularity of burns these days. Main wall breaker, hits very hard and fast after just one DD. With the Tough Claws boost Flare Blitz is overkill, so I use fire punch instead to avoid recoil. Thunder Punch is a great option for Char-X to avoid being completely walled by opposing Azu and it also can hit Tran for respectable damage. Dragon Claw is the obligatory Dragon STAB, although I'm thinking about taking my Charizard to the move tutor to overwrite DC for Outrage. Outrage hits insanely hard but does have that nasty confusion and being locked in for a couple of turns, so what do you guys think?

azumarill_by_macuarrorro-d6baj7c.png

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 250 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Superpower

I picked Azu because of the typing first and the offensive presence second. It covers a lot of the threats that Char-X has trouble with. Also able to soak up Ice attacks that would otherwise hinder my team, somewhat. Standard Belly-Jet Azu is very good rn and has great synergy with my core.
Super Power is there for Ferro, but could be taken out for Knock Off. I'm not sure which is the better option. Yes, I do not just put Knock Off on anything that gets it. Play Rough and Aqua Jet are there for STAB and hit stupidly hard after a BD, also Aqua Jet helps a lot when you are as slow as Azu providing very welcome priority.

tumblr_lkt8dgQlUP1qi5brko1_500.jpg

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 210 SpD
Impish Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn and Azumarill have completely perfect synergy covering each others weakness like none other. Ferro can also soak up the Dragon and Rock type attacks aimed at Char-X, as well as giving the Fairy types a hard time which would otherwise steamroll this team. While hazards may not be the most popular thing on battle spot singles, defoggers and spinners are even less popular. So I make it a point to try to get rocks up, even though the battle might not last long, it discourages multiple switches. Gyro Ball hits for good damage usually given Ferro's horrible speed stat. I run leftovers because I have yet to acquire a Rocky Helmet in game, but that would be a good item also. Power Whip is filler and could be replaced for protect but not sure if it would matter.

kingdra_shiny_by_rose1514-d67lung.png

Kingdra @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Energy
- Draco Meteor

Kingdra was chosen as an homage to Double Dragon cores of past generations, based upon the idea that after weakening the opposite team's Dragon counter my other Dragon can come in and sweep. Critdra and Char-X can typically clean up alone. Whenever one gets taken out the other will come in, boost first turn, and finish the game. This is a fairly standard set I believe and helps a ton when I'm in trouble. Critdra alone can sweep whole teams if they are unprepared, the most common thing I have seen is trying to revenge with Ninja which Kingdra can usually shrug off and keep hitting hard. Very threatening sweeper after one focus energy, only complaint is the mediocre speed. Not much can be said about this set, people typically know what it does and how well it does that.

heatran_by_theblacksavior-d639fyh.jpg

Archeops
Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 10 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Protect
- Lava Plume
- Ancient Power

I put Archeops Heatran on this team to deal with SUPAR BURDSPAM abusers and also to surprise taunt shit. The Evs allow Tran to come in and tank 1-2 CB BB and then OHKO back with Ancient Power or maybe even get a burn off on a predicted switch if still early game and I'm lucky with Lava Plume. The speed creep is to ensure a taunt upon slow rock/spikes/status abusers. Also serves as a back-up Fairy check, just in case.

krookodile.jpg

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Krookodile gets the last slot because it is a reptilian criminal?
No, not really. The real reason is because Choice Band Krook is a solid addition to my team. Can take a hit or two, has no problem with the ever-present Bisharp, hits like a train with a band, STAB Knock Off, Quake/Edge coverage, Low Kick to nail shit on the switch-in. Pretty well rounded mon right here and deserving of a spot on any team IMO. The dual typing it has is very offensive and gives it near perfect neutral coverage with STABS alone.

So guys I have been doing okay on battle spot with this team thus far, and thinking about trying it out on Showdown when I have a good amount of free time to do so. The main core has great synergy and the other three mons also work well with this core. Any comments, advice, suggestions are welcome. If you think you can help me improve this team feel free to do so!​

Last edited:
Back