Alomomola (OU) [QC 0/3]

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
QC Approval:
QC Reject: Pocket, Seven Deadly Sins

[Overview]

<p>Unlike her alleged cousin Luvdisc, Alomomola is very bulky and supports her team well. Blessed with pure Water typing and a great HP stat, Alomomola is capable of filling the role of "bulky Water" quite well, keeping a variety of powerful threats at bay. Access to Wish is Alomomola's biggest use of all; thanks to Wish, Alomomola can pass Wishes of up to 267 HP to his teammates, in addition to using it as a reliable method of self-healing.</p>

<p>However, it isn't all pink hearts and sunshine for Alomomola. A small movepool and poor offensive stats let Alomomola down. Outside of Toxic, Alomomola often struggles to damage her opponents. While she can be a useful check to offensive teams, the lack of attacking options means she is often setup bait for many Pokemon, particularly defensive threats such as Ferrothorn. Lastly, Alomomola is often overshadowed by Vaporeon, who has more Special Defense and also hits harder with its high Special Attack.</p>

[SET]
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Scald
move 3: Rest
move 4: Magic Coat / Toxic
item: Leftovers
ability: Hydration
nature: Bold
evs: 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 4 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

[SET]
name: Wish Support
move 1: Wish
move 2: Protect
move 3: Waterfall / Aqua Jet
move 4: Toxic
nature: Impish
evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>A Wish set is Alomomola's most viable option for competitive play, and thanks to her natural bulk she is capable of pulling it off quite well. With maximum EV investment in HP, Alomomola's Wish will be healing 267 HP to its recipient while maintaining great physical bulk. When at full health, Alomomola is even capable of taking a +2 Earthquake from Life Orb Sand Force Landorus. While base 75 Attack is quite low, it is still usable in conjunction with STAB Waterfall to ward off threats such as Heatran and Chandelure. Aqua Jet is an option over Waterfall because of its ability to pick off weakened foes; however, due to Alomomola's low Attack, Aqua Jet will often prove underwhelming. Toxic works well with Protect in the last slot, as it will wear down the enemy with each passing turn.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs maximize Alomomola's physical bulk to handle the dangerous physical threats of OU, including Terrakion, Landorus, and Mienshao. With maximum HP, Alomomola is also able to optimize its WishPassing role.</p>

<p>As far as filler moves go, Alomomola has several options aside from Toxic. Light Screen can be used to cushion blows from special attackers, while Mirror Coat can deflect said blows, should Alomomola survive them. Refresh is also an option, as it allows Alomomola to shrug off poison, paralysis, or burn. It should be noted that this set faces fierce competition from Vaporeon. The standard Vaporeon has 463/240/228 defenses, while Alomomola has 534/284/126 defenses, in the order of HP/Defense/Special Defense. Alomomola boasts more HP and Defense, while Vaporeon is more Specially Defensive and boasts greater offensive power. In general, Vaporeon is the superior choice unless you need Alomomola's superior physical bulk and larger Wishes.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>A specially defensive set is also viable but usually not worth it as it is outclassed by Vaporeon in nearly every way. Alomomola does have several other options on her Wish set, though. Scald can be used over Waterfall, and while Alomomola won't be inflicting as much damage this way, she can still be useful as a pseudo-double status supporter. Healing Wish is a viable option over Toxic or Protect for a high-risk, high-reward healing option in addition to WishPassing. It is useful to heal severely damaged teammates that would otherwise faint from entry hazards or an incoming attack, a situation where WishPassing would be futile. Lastly, while Soak may seem like a complete gimmick of a move, it allows Alomomola to defeat many of its best counters, such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory, by poisoning them.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Any strong Special attack that isn't resisted will normally 2HKO Alomomola. Most Electric- and Grass-type moves will OHKO as well, although Grass Knot only has 60 Base Power against Alomomola. Pokemon that do not fear Toxic and are not weak to Waterfall will also set up on Alomomola; examples include Scizor, Forretress, Skarmory, Conkeldurr, and Ferrothorn.</p>

[Unreleased]

<p>Alomomola's Dream World ability, Regenerator, replenishes one third of Alomomola's health upon switching out. This is a very helpful ability for Alomomola, as it allows Alomomola to restore her own HP as she switches out to heal another teammate with Wish (Alomomola will restore up to 176 Hit Points whenever switching out using the given EV spread and 31 HP IVs). This is also one of Alomomola's biggest advantages over Vaporeon, although it still faces fierce competition from Slowbro, which also boasts stellar Defense and a Water typing.</p>

yea but it becomes impossible to kil under rain and isnt really stopped by any of the inducer bar abomasnow. anyway, even if you dont really think it could be effective and that it wont probably change the acceptation of the analysis, it does deserve to be mentioned

Mynism, I'm pretty sure he just copied the on-site analysis and isn't actually writing it, more letting it be rejected so he can remove it.

Wait, why are we bothering to remove an analysis? Yes, I understand that Vaporeon outclasses this, and it hasn't got much of a niche because it's outclassed, but it has an analysis up. It isn't completely unusable either, I mean you can pretty much replace Vaporeon with this thing and it would still perform a similar job. Another thing is, why bother? Again, it's not like Alomomola is so crap that it would just get slaughtered in OU, it can still stand its ground. It's not like Alomomola is illegal in OU like an Uber would, either. If someone was QCing this right now, then fine, go ahead and reject, there's nothing wrong with that, but the analysis is up there right now, I can't see why you'd want to erase it, you're just getting rid of someone's hard work.

Also, since Alomomola does have a good Dream World ability, you'll save much more time updating it when the time comes (you won't even need a new thread, just SCMS it on and you have a perfectly fine analysis) than writing it all back up again or shifting through mountains of L/O, which you'd do if you erased this. Just some food for thought.

The argument might be that the analysis oversells Alomomola (quite possibly merely by existing), and is therefore a little misleading. Still, I don't think it's that bad in OU; as people have said it performs very similarly to Vaporeon, and has a couple of advantages over it (larger wishes, better physical defense). Alomomola is vaguely viable and not entirely outclassed by anything, and therefore it having an analysis is not unreasonable.

In my opinion, the analysis actually paints a very modest picture of Alomomola; with a few small edits I'd say it is fine to remain on site. So basically I think Shrang is right.

I personally agree with Pocket. There is absolutely no reason to use this over Vaporeon, who also gets Hydration, plus it gets Water Absorb which is arguably a more useful ability with a Water-type Wish passer anyway. Alomomola does have better physical bulk than Vaporeon, but Vaporeon also has usable Special bulk, unlike Alomomola's lul-worthy 45 base SpD. Vaporeon is more powerful on the Special side than Alomomola is on the physical side (just don't even bring up Alomomola's 40 base SpA), so Vaporeon's Scald will typically do more than Waterfall, unless you're hitting Blissey or something. Scald also has the added benefit of possibly burning whatever comes in, and should that happen, Vaporeon will take physical hits better than Alomomola can.

I think a Pokemon below the OU tier should not have an analysis unless it has a good reason to use it over an OU Pokemon that fills a similar role, and I find that there is no good reason to use Alomomola over Vaporeon.

This analysis just needs a revamp. The current OU analysis is literally just using Alomomola like an inferior Vaporeon. Alomomola is a great Wishpasser, but really shouldn't be used as a Vaporeon with no offensive presence.

Seriously, outside of Water-Arceus, Alomomola is the physically bulkiest Water-type in the game, and one of the bulkiest physical walls allowed in OU (it takes physical attacks better than Skarmory and Hippowdon is just 1.9% more physically bulky assuming max/max spreads).

I admittedly haven't used Alomomola before, but Alomomola has moves like Mirror Coat and Light Screen to set it apart from Vaporeon. Mirror Coat in particular will hurt like hell coming from Alomomola because of her enormous HP and lower Special Defense (even if you invest in Special Defense it will still do a lot of damage). Also, to be honest, a Calm Mind set doesn't sound that bad in the Rain with Hydration. It's easy to look at the 40 base Special Attack and scoff at it, but when you consider that the moveset is Rest/Scald/Calm Mind/(Toxic, Aqua Ring, Light Screen, Rain Dance [emergency], or Mirror Coat), the thing basically becomes unkillable outside of a crit and gets to +6 very easily. Regardless of 40 base Special Attack, Rain-boosted Scalds at +6 are still going to hurt, and it's difficult for physical attackers to set up on it as a result of burns.

Regardless of if this gets rejected now though, it's going to have an OU analysis without a doubt when Regenerator gets released from Dream World. Regenerator + Wish is an amazing combination for a Wishpasser, and Alomomola gets back almost 200 HP every time it switches out with that ability.

I personally agree with Pocket. There is absolutely no reason to use this over Vaporeon, who also gets Hydration, plus it gets Water Absorb which is arguably a more useful ability with a Water-type Wish passer anyway. Alomomola does have better physical bulk than Vaporeon, but Vaporeon also has usable Special bulk, unlike Alomomola's lul-worthy 45 base SpD. Vaporeon is more powerful on the Special side than Alomomola is on the physical side (just don't even bring up Alomomola's 40 base SpA), so Vaporeon's Scald will typically do more than Waterfall, unless you're hitting Blissey or something. Scald also has the added benefit of possibly burning whatever comes in, and should that happen, Vaporeon will take physical hits better than Alomomola can.

I think a Pokemon below the OU tier should not have an analysis unless it has a good reason to use it over an OU Pokemon that fills a similar role, and I find that there is no good reason to use Alomomola over Vaporeon.

Like I said, if Alomomola had no OU analysis on-site at the moment and this was someone trying to push this through QC, I'd be perfectly inclined to agree with you. However, I reckon that since we have an analysis on site already, there's no point removing it because it is still a usable Pokemon in its own right, regardless of whether it's outclassed by Vaporeon or not. Remember, being outclassed does not mean it shouldn't get an analysis. Also, like I said, since Alomomola would probably get an OU analysis anyway if it ever gets Regenerator, you're just stacking more work for yourself when the time comes trying to rewrite the analysis and push it through both QC and GP when you have something already made right now.

And yes, I do think agree with Bologo in that it needs a revamp. While 40 SpA is tiny, if you try and think of the Calm Mind set as more of a Cosmic Power set without the Defense boost (and hey, Alomomola's probably got around the same physical bulk as freaking Wobbuffet), maybe it might work.

I agree with jc104, shrang, and Bologo that this set needs a MAJOR revamp - it was written BEFORE the english Pokemon names were revealed and BEFORE a single round of suspect-testing took place.

However, I disagree with shrang that we should leave such an outdated set on-site, possibly misinforming readers its niche (if it has any) in the current OU metagame. Whatever credibility it had at the very beginning of the metagame is void at this matured stage of our metagame, and we should acknowledge this by weeding out such sets as this. If there is a contributor who has practical play experience wielding Alomomola in the CURRENT OU metagame, I'd be glad for them to write a totally new analysis from scratch, not a mere add-on to this expired one.

This is why I am trying to get this egregiously outdated analysis off the site.

The thing is, it's not misinforming readers of its niche, it's just telling Alomomola what it can do. Yes, we should probably make more of an emphasis on the "outclassed by Vaporeon" part, since it is outclassed by Vaporeon, but it's not like Alomomola completely fails in OU. It is usable. We should probably just put a very strong message like "You should probably be using Vaporeon if you want a bulky Wish-passing Water-type in OU, but if you really want to use Alomomola, this is how you use it".

Pocket said:
I agree with jc104, shrang, and Bologo that this set needs a MAJOR revamp - it was written BEFORE the english Pokemon names were revealed and BEFORE a single round of suspect-testing took place.

I don't like the way you claimed to agree with me there when apparently you don't. I presume this is just a communication issue, but to clarify, I do not think the analysis requires major changes. Since Alomomola is a rather poor Pokemon, that may well not be worth the effort. Only minor changes are required, stating more clearly that Alomomola is largely outclassed and possibly updating some of the examples, and then the analysis can be left alone.

So in other words, I agree with Pocket that this analysis needs minor changes!

Actually, Delta started the analysis in October 2010; it was actually given its third approval on Feb. 11/2011, and the thread itself was last edited on Jun. 13/2011 when it was all done.

Anyway, I'm not really sure if I'm going to outright reject this. A revamp with minor changes outlining its differences from Vaporeon and its very small niche seems like a pretty good idea, as the users before me have suggested.

^ To me, this only shows how reluctantly the QC team accepted this analysis (took 4 months).

wilson, I guess you approve this analysis then?

I am quite surprised that people are actually defending Alomomola, since I see no place for it in OU, and having a serious analysis about it will tell readers otherwise. Alomomola is not simply outclassed; it's shitty ... people should not be using it outside of RU / NU. It can be the bulkiest Water Pokemon in existence, but with such crappy movepool coupled with terrible offense it wont get much done other than passing Wishes while the opponent sets up on it for free. Other Wish mons actually have additional utility outside of Wish.

More approval / rejection from QC members are appreciated.

Heh, I went and tried Calm Mind HydraRest Alomomola and it actually exceeded my expectations. It may even be analysis-worthy o_0. Here's what I have:

[SET]
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Scald
move 3: Rest
move 4: Ice Beam / Psychic / Toxic
nature: Bold
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD

Alomomola really needs that SpA investment, because even with them, he's coming off really weak. The last slot could seriously have anything in it, IMO. I'm currently running Psychic to screw over Toxicroak because it's annoying, but Ice Beam hits Dragons and Grass-types, and Toxic to stall out things, because Alomomola IS very bulky. HP Flying can hit Breloom very hard. Hell I've even ran Mirror Coat just to troll stuff like Rotom-W using Electric moves, since you can easily survive those attacks at +1. You can even run Wish so you can support the team at the same time.

Here are some logs:

Battle between Balls and shrang started!

Tier: Standard OU
Mode: Singles
Variation: +4, -28
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

Your team: Politoed / Alomomola / Nidoqueen / Rotom-W / Sableye / Heracross
Opponent's team: Breloom / Heatran / Ferrothorn / Quagsire / Latios / Dragonite

Balls sent out Breloom!
shrang sent out Politoed!
Politoed's Drizzle made it rain!

Start of turn 1!
Balls's Breloom used Spore!
Politoed fell asleep!

Politoed is fast asleep!

Rain continues to fall!
Balls's Breloom's Toxic Orb activated!
Balls's Breloom was badly poisoned!

Start of turn 2!
shrang called Politoed back!
shrang sent out Heracross!

Balls's Breloom used Substitute!
Balls's Breloom made a substitute!

Rain continues to fall!
Balls's Breloom restored HP using its Poison Heal!

Start of turn 3!
Balls's Breloom is tightening its focus!
Heracross used Megahorn!
The attack of Heracross missed!

Balls's Breloom used Focus Punch!
It's not very effective...
Heracross lost 159 HP! (52% of its health)
Of Mice and Men is watching the battle.

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 4!
shrang called Heracross back!
shrang sent out Nidoqueen!

Nidoqueen lost 114 HP! (29% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
Nidoqueen restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 5!
Balls called Breloom back!
Balls sent out Latios!

Nidoqueen used Roar!
Balls's Breloom was dragged out!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 6!
Balls called Breloom back!
Balls sent out Latios!

Nidoqueen used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Balls's team!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 7!
shrang called Nidoqueen back!

Balls's Latios used Psychic!
Balls's Latios's Psychic Gem raised Psychic's power!
Politoed lost 240 HP! (62% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
Politoed restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 8!
Balls called Latios back!
Balls sent out Heatran!
Pointed stones dug into Balls's Heatran!

shrang sent out Sableye!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 9!
shrang called Sableye back!
shrang sent out Alomomola!

Balls's Heatran used Will-O-Wisp!
Alomomola was burned!

Rain continues to fall!
Alomomola's Hydration heals its status!

Start of turn 10!
Balls called Heatran back!
Balls sent out Ferrothorn!
Pointed stones dug into Balls's Ferrothorn!

Alomomola used Calm Mind!
Alomomola's Sp. Att. rose!
Alomomola's Sp. Def. rose!

Rain continues to fall!
Balls's Ferrothorn restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 11!
shrang called Alomomola back!

Balls's Ferrothorn used Toxic!
The attack of Balls's Ferrothorn missed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 12!
Balls called Ferrothorn back!
Balls sent out Latios!
Pointed stones dug into Balls's Latios!

Nidoqueen used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of Balls's team!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 13!

Balls's Latios used Psychic!
Politoed lost 160 HP! (41% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 14!
Balls called Latios back!
Balls sent out Heatran!

shrang sent out Sableye!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 15!

Balls's Heatran used Dragon Pulse!
Alomomola lost 139 HP! (29% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
Alomomola restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 16!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 17!
Alomomola used Scald!
Balls's Ferrothorn lost 18% of its health!
Balls's Ferrothorn was burned!

Balls's Ferrothorn used Power Whip!
It's super effective!
Alomomola lost 162 HP! (34% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
Balls's Ferrothorn is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 18!
Alomomola used Rest!
Alomomola went to sleep and became healthy!

Balls's Ferrothorn used Power Whip!
It's super effective!
Alomomola lost 152 HP! (32% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 19!
Balls sent out Breloom!
Pointed stones dug into Balls's Breloom!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 20!
Balls's Breloom used Seed Bomb!
It's super effective!
Alomomola lost 288 HP! (61% of its health)

Alomomola used Scald!
Balls's Breloom lost 61% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 21!
shrang called Alomomola back!

Politoed lost 32 HP! (8% of its health)
Politoed fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 22!
Heracross used Megahorn!
Balls's Breloom lost 63% of its health!
Balls's Breloom fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Balls sent out Dragonite!
Pointed stones dug into Balls's Dragonite!

Start of turn 23!
shrang sent out Rotom-W!

Balls's Dragonite used Outrage!
Rotom-W lost 241 HP! (100% of its health)
Rotom-W fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 24!
Heracross used Stone Edge!
It's super effective!
Balls's Dragonite lost 75% of its health!
Balls's Dragonite fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Balls sent out Heatran!

Start of turn 25!

Balls's Heatran used Earth Power!
It's super effective!
Nidoqueen lost 258 HP! (67% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 26!
It's super effective!
Nidoqueen lost 150 HP! (39% of its health)
Nidoqueen fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 27!
Balls sent out Latios!
Pointed stones dug into Balls's Latios!

Alomomola used Rest!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 28!
Balls's Latios used Thunderbolt!
It's super effective!
Alomomola lost 294 HP! (62% of its health)

Alomomola used Mirror Coat!
Balls's Latios lost 75% of its health!
Balls's Latios fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 29!
Alomomola used Rest!

Balls's Ferrothorn used Leech Seed!
Alomomola was seeded!

Rain continues to fall!
Alomomola's health is sapped by leech seed.

Start of turn 30!

Balls's Ferrothorn used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of shrang's team!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 31!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 32!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 33!
Balls sent out FREE HUGZ! (Quagsire)
Pointed stones dug into Balls's FREE HUGZ!
Balls's FREE HUGZ was poisoned!

Rain continues to fall!
Balls's FREE HUGZ restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Balls's FREE HUGZ is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 34!
Alomomola used Rest!

Balls's FREE HUGZ used Earthquake!
Alomomola lost 127 HP! (26% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 35!
Alomomola used Scald!
Balls's FREE HUGZ lost 44% of its health!

Alomomola lost 136 HP! (28% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
Stallion is watching the battle.

Start of turn 36!
Alomomola used Rest!

Balls's FREE HUGZ used Recover!
Balls's FREE HUGZ regained health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 37!
Alomomola used Scald!
Balls's FREE HUGZ lost 41% of its health!

Alomomola lost 123 HP! (26% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 38!
Alomomola used Scald!
Balls's FREE HUGZ lost 41% of its health!

Alomomola lost 115 HP! (24% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 39!
Alomomola used Scald!
Balls's FREE HUGZ lost 23% of its health!
Balls's FREE HUGZ fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Balls sent out Heatran!

Start of turn 40!
Alomomola lost 51 HP! (10% of its health)

Alomomola used Rest!

Rain continues to fall!
Balls forfeited against shrang!

The window was disabled due to one of the players closing the battle window.

Battle between Little Old Man and shrang started!

Variation: +18, -14

Your team: Politoed / Alomomola / Nidoqueen / Jirachi / Sableye / Heracross
Opponent's team: Deoxys-D / Haxorus / Terrakion / Magnezone / Scizor / Alakazam

Little Old Man sent out Deoxys-D!
shrang sent out Sableye!
Little Old Man's Deoxys-D is exerting its Pressure!

Start of turn 1!
Little Old Man called Deoxys-D back!
Little Old Man sent out Alakazam!

Start of turn 2!
shrang sent out Sableye!

Little Old Man's Alakazam used Hidden Power!
Sableye lost 91 HP! (29% of its health)

Sableye restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 3!
Little Old Man's Alakazam used Shadow Ball!
Sableye lost 100 HP! (32% of its health)
Sableye's Sp. Def. fell!

Sableye used Foul Play!
It's super effective!
Little Old Man's Alakazam lost 92% of its health!

Start of turn 4!
Sableye used Recover!
Sableye regained health!

Sableye lost 160 HP! (52% of its health)

Start of turn 5!

Politoed lost 93 HP! (24% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 6!
Little Old Man called Alakazam back!
Little Old Man sent out Magnezone!

Politoed used Scald!
Little Old Man's Magnezone lost 44% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
Little Old Man's Magnezone restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 7!

Little Old Man's Magnezone used Thunderbolt!
It had no effect!

Rain continues to fall!
Little Old Man: oh
Little Old Man: hai shrang XD

Start of turn 8!
Little Old Man called Magnezone back!

Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of Little Old Man's team!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 9!

Little Old Man's Deoxys-D used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around shrang's team!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 10!
Little Old Man called Deoxys-D back!
Little Old Man sent out Alakazam!
Little Old Man's Alakazam was poisoned!

Heracross used Megahorn!
It's super effective!
Little Old Man's Alakazam lost 7% of its health!
Little Old Man's Alakazam fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Little Old Man sent out Haxorus!
Little Old Man's Haxorus was poisoned!
Little Old Man's Haxorus ate its Lum Berry!
Little Old Man's Haxorus's status cleared!

Little Old Man's Haxorus has Mold Breaker!

Start of turn 11!
Pointed stones dug into Nidoqueen!

Little Old Man's Haxorus used Dragon Dance!
Little Old Man's Haxorus's Attack rose!
Little Old Man's Haxorus's Speed rose!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 12!
Little Old Man's Haxorus used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
Nidoqueen lost 366 HP! (95% of its health)

Nidoqueen used Roar!
Little Old Man's Terrakion was poisoned!
Little Old Man's Terrakion was dragged out!

Rain continues to fall!
Little Old Man's Terrakion is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 13!
Little Old Man's Terrakion used Close Combat!
A critical hit!
Nidoqueen lost 42 HP! (10% of its health)
Nidoqueen fainted!
Little Old Man's Terrakion's Defense fell!
Little Old Man's Terrakion's Sp. Def. fell!

Rain continues to fall!
shrang sent out Sableye!
Pointed stones dug into Sableye!

Start of turn 14!
Sableye used Recover!
Sableye regained health!

Little Old Man's Terrakion used Stone Edge!
Little Old Man's Terrakion's Rock Gem raised Stone Edge's power!
Sableye lost 276 HP! (90% of its health)
Sableye fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Pointed stones dug into Heracross!

Start of turn 15!
Little Old Man called Terrakion back!
Little Old Man's Deoxys-D was poisoned!

Heracross used Close Combat!
Little Old Man's Deoxys-D lost 29% of its health!
Heracross is hurt by Little Old Man's Deoxys-D's Rocky Helmet!
Heracross's Defense fell!
Heracross's Sp. Def. fell!

Rain continues to fall!
Little Old Man's Deoxys-D is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 16!
shrang sent out Jirachi!
Pointed stones dug into Jirachi!

Little Old Man's Deoxys-D used Spikes!

Rain continues to fall!
Jirachi restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 17!
Jirachi used Substitute!
Jirachi made a substitute!

Little Old Man's Deoxys-D used Taunt!
Jirachi fell for the taunt!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 18!
Jirachi used Water Pulse!
Little Old Man's Deoxys-D lost 19% of its health!

Little Old Man's Deoxys-D used Seismic Toss!
Jirachi's substitute took the damage!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 19!
Little Old Man's Deoxys-D lost 2% of its health!
Little Old Man's Deoxys-D fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Little Old Man sent out Magnezone!

Start of turn 20!
Little Old Man's Magnezone lost 27% of its health!
The Passenger is watching the battle.

Jirachi's substitute faded!

Rain continues to fall!
Jirachi's taunt ended!

Start of turn 21!
Jirachi used Calm Mind!
Jirachi's Sp. Att. rose!
Jirachi's Sp. Def. rose!

Jirachi lost 135 HP! (33% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 22!
Jirachi used Calm Mind!
Jirachi's Sp. Att. rose!
Jirachi's Sp. Def. rose!

Jirachi lost 93 HP! (23% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 23!
Jirachi used Substitute!

Jirachi's substitute took the damage!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 24!
Jirachi used Calm Mind!
Jirachi's Sp. Att. rose!
Jirachi's Sp. Def. rose!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 25!
Jirachi used Substitute!

A critical hit!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 26!
Little Old Man's Magnezone lost 71% of its health!

Jirachi lost 76 HP! (18% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 27!
Little Old Man's Magnezone lost 12% of its health!
Little Old Man's Magnezone fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Little Old Man sent out Haxorus!
Little Old Man's Haxorus was poisoned!

Little Old Man's Haxorus has Mold Breaker!

Start of turn 28!
Little Old Man's Haxorus lost 41% of its health!

Little Old Man's Haxorus used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
Jirachi lost 72 HP! (17% of its health)
Jirachi fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Little Old Man's Haxorus is hurt by poison!
Pointed stones dug into Politoed!
Politoed is hurt by spikes!

Start of turn 29!
Little Old Man's Haxorus used Outrage!
Politoed lost 243 HP! (63% of its health)
Politoed fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Little Old Man's Haxorus is hurt by poison!
Pointed stones dug into Heracross!
Heracross is hurt by spikes!

Start of turn 30!
Heracross used Close Combat!
Little Old Man's Haxorus lost 33% of its health!
Little Old Man's Haxorus fainted!
Heracross's Defense fell!
Heracross's Sp. Def. fell!

Rain continues to fall!
Little Old Man sent out Scizor!

Start of turn 31!
Little Old Man's Scizor used Bullet Punch!
Heracross lost 141 HP! (46% of its health)
Heracross fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Pointed stones dug into Alomomola!
Alomomola is hurt by spikes!

Start of turn 32!
Little Old Man's Scizor used Swords Dance!
Little Old Man's Scizor's Attack sharply rose!

Alomomola used Scald!
Little Old Man's Scizor lost 28% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
Little Old Man's Scizor restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 33!
Little Old Man's Scizor used Bug Bite!
Alomomola lost 340 HP! (72% of its health)

Alomomola used Scald!
Little Old Man's Scizor lost 31% of its health!
Little Old Man's Scizor was burned!

Rain continues to fall!
Little Old Man's Scizor is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 34!
Alomomola used Rest!

Little Old Man's Scizor used Bug Bite!
Alomomola lost 166 HP! (35% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 35!

Little Old Man's Scizor used Roost!
Little Old Man's Scizor landed on the ground!
Little Old Man's Scizor regained health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 36!
Little Old Man's Scizor used Swords Dance!
Little Old Man's Scizor's Attack sharply rose!

Alomomola used Scald!
Little Old Man's Scizor lost 42% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 37!
Alomomola used Scald!
Little Old Man's Scizor lost 28% of its health!
Little Old Man's Scizor fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Little Old Man sent out Terrakion!

Start of turn 38!
Little Old Man's Terrakion used Stone Edge!
The attack of Little Old Man's Terrakion missed!

Alomomola used Scald!
It's super effective!
Little Old Man's Terrakion lost 62% of its health!
Little Old Man's Terrakion fainted!

shrang won the battle!
Little Old Man: Good game, youngster.
shrang: gg

Battle between shrang and Mr. Mi started!

Variation: +14, -18

Your team: Politoed / Alomomola / Nidoqueen / Jirachi / Sableye / Salamence
Opponent's team: Politoed / Volcarona / Jirachi / Starmie / Tornadus / Dugtrio

Mr. Mi sent out Starmie!
The Passenger is watching the battle.

Start of turn 1!
Mr. Mi's Starmie used Hydro Pump!
Politoed lost 114 HP! (29% of its health)

Politoed used Scald!
Mr. Mi's Starmie lost 29% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
Mr. Mi's Starmie restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 2!
Mr. Mi's Starmie used Thunder!
It's super effective!
Politoed lost 210 HP! (54% of its health)

Politoed used Scald!
Mr. Mi's Starmie lost 25% of its health!
Mr. Mi's Starmie was burned!

Rain continues to fall!
Mr. Mi's Starmie restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Mr. Mi's Starmie is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 3!
Mr. Mi called Starmie back!
Mr. Mi sent out Politoed!

Politoed used Scald!
Mr. Mi's Politoed lost 16% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
Mr. Mi's Politoed restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 4!
Politoed used Scald!
Mr. Mi's Politoed lost 16% of its health!
Mr. Mi's Politoed was burned!

Mr. Mi's Politoed used Toxic!
Politoed was badly poisoned!

Rain continues to fall!
Politoed is hurt by poison!
Mr. Mi's Politoed is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 5!

Mr. Mi's Politoed used Scald!
Alomomola lost 74 HP! (15% of its health)
Alomomola was burned!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 6!
Mr. Mi's Politoed used Encore!
But if failed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 7!
Mr. Mi's Politoed used Encore!
Alomomola received an encore!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 8!
Mr. Mi called Politoed back!
Mr. Mi sent out Jirachi!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 9!
Mr. Mi's Jirachi used Iron Head!
Alomomola lost 65 HP! (13% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
Alomomola's Encore ended!

Start of turn 10!
Alomomola lost 64 HP! (13% of its health)

Alomomola flinched!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 11!
A critical hit!
Alomomola lost 122 HP! (25% of its health)

Alomomola flinched!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 12!
Alomomola lost 63 HP! (13% of its health)

Alomomola used Rest!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 13!
A critical hit!
Alomomola lost 133 HP! (28% of its health)

Alomomola flinched!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 14!
Alomomola lost 60 HP! (12% of its health)

Alomomola used Scald!
Mr. Mi's Jirachi lost 93% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
Mr. Mi's Jirachi restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 15!
Alomomola lost 68 HP! (14% of its health)

Alomomola used Rest!

Rain continues to fall!
Mr. Mi's Jirachi restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 16!
Alomomola lost 66 HP! (14% of its health)

Alomomola used Scald!
Mr. Mi's Jirachi lost 18% of its health!
Mr. Mi's Jirachi fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Mr. Mi sent out Dugtrio!

Start of turn 17!
Mr. Mi's Dugtrio used Stealth Rock!

Alomomola used Scald!
It's super effective!
Mr. Mi's Dugtrio hung on using its Focus Sash!
Mr. Mi's Dugtrio lost 99% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 18!
Mr. Mi's Dugtrio used Reversal!
Alomomola lost 138 HP! (29% of its health)

Alomomola used Scald!
It's super effective!
Mr. Mi's Dugtrio lost 0% of its health!
Mr. Mi's Dugtrio fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Mr. Mi sent out Tornadus!

Start of turn 19!
Mr. Mi's Tornadus used Taunt!
Alomomola fell for the taunt!

Alomomola used Mirror Coat!
But if failed!

Rain continues to fall!
iris is watching the battle.

Start of turn 20!
Mr. Mi's Tornadus used Hammer Arm!
Alomomola lost 123 HP! (26% of its health)
Mr. Mi's Tornadus's Speed fell!
Mr. Mi's Tornadus is hurt by its Life Orb!

Alomomola used Scald!
Mr. Mi's Tornadus lost 90% of its health!
Mr. Mi's Tornadus fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Mr. Mi sent out Starmie!

Start of turn 21!
Mr. Mi's Starmie used Thunder!
It's super effective!
Alomomola lost 108 HP! (22% of its health)

Alomomola used Scald!
Mr. Mi's Starmie lost 44% of its health!
Mr. Mi's Starmie fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Alomomola's taunt ended!
Mr. Mi forfeited against shrang!

Battle between shrang and MarslinOrgandy started!

Variation: +10, -22

Opponent's team: Gengar / Heatran / Scizor / Haxorus / Terrakion / Ferrothorn

MarslinOrgandy sent out Ferrothorn!

Start of turn 1!

MarslinOrgandy's Ferrothorn used Stealth Rock!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 2!
MarslinOrgandy's Ferrothorn used Protect!
MarslinOrgandy's Ferrothorn protected itself!

Pointed stones float in the air around MarslinOrgandy's team!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 3!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of MarslinOrgandy's team!

MarslinOrgandy's Ferrothorn used Leech Seed!
Nidoqueen was seeded!

Rain continues to fall!
Nidoqueen's health is sapped by leech seed.

Start of turn 4!
shrang sent out Jirachi!

MarslinOrgandy called Ferrothorn back!
MarslinOrgandy sent out Haxorus!
Pointed stones dug into MarslinOrgandy's Haxorus!
MarslinOrgandy's Haxorus was poisoned!

MarslinOrgandy's Haxorus has Mold Breaker!
Rain continues to fall!
MarslinOrgandy's Haxorus is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 5!
shrang called Jirachi back!
shrang sent out Salamence!
Pointed stones dug into Salamence!

MarslinOrgandy's Haxorus used Dragon Dance!
MarslinOrgandy's Haxorus's Attack rose!
MarslinOrgandy's Haxorus's Speed rose!

Rain continues to fall!
MarslinOrgandy's Haxorus is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 6!
Salamence used Dragon Claw!
It's super effective!
MarslinOrgandy's Haxorus lost 63% of its health!
MarslinOrgandy's Haxorus fainted!
Salamence's Attack rose!

Rain continues to fall!
Raseri is watching the battle.
Pointed stones dug into MarslinOrgandy's Ferrothorn!

Start of turn 7!
shrang called Salamence back!

Nidoqueen was seeded!

Rain continues to fall!
Nidoqueen's health is sapped by leech seed.

Start of turn 8!
shrang sent out Jirachi!

MarslinOrgandy's Ferrothorn used Power Whip!
Jirachi lost 71 HP! (17% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 9!
Jirachi used Substitute!

Jirachi's substitute blocked Leech Seed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 10!
MarslinOrgandy sent out Heatran!
Pointed stones dug into MarslinOrgandy's Heatran!

Jirachi used Calm Mind!
Jirachi's Sp. Att. rose!
Jirachi's Sp. Def. rose!

Rain continues to fall!
MarslinOrgandy's Heatran restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 11!
It's super effective!
MarslinOrgandy's Heatran lost 51% of its health!

MarslinOrgandy's Heatran used Roar!
Nidoqueen was dragged out!

Rain continues to fall!
MarslinOrgandy's Heatran restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 12!
MarslinOrgandy's Heatran used Earth Power!
It's super effective!
Nidoqueen lost 234 HP! (60% of its health)

Nidoqueen used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
MarslinOrgandy's Heatran lost 48% of its health!
MarslinOrgandy's Heatran fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
MarslinOrgandy sent out Scizor!
Pointed stones dug into MarslinOrgandy's Scizor!

Start of turn 13!
MarslinOrgandy's Scizor used U-turn!
Nidoqueen lost 78 HP! (20% of its health)
Nidoqueen fainted!
MarslinOrgandy called Scizor back!

Rain continues to fall!
shrang sent out Jirachi!

Start of turn 14!

Jirachi used Substitute!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 15!
Jirachi used Calm Mind!
Jirachi's Sp. Att. rose!
Jirachi's Sp. Def. rose!

A critical hit!
MarslinOrgandy sent out Terrakion!
Pointed stones dug into MarslinOrgandy's Terrakion!
MarslinOrgandy's Terrakion was poisoned!

Rain continues to fall!
MarslinOrgandy's Terrakion is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 16!
shrang sent out Sableye!

MarslinOrgandy's Terrakion used Earthquake!
Sableye lost 139 HP! (45% of its health)
Of Mice and Men is watching the battle.

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 17!
Sableye used Recover!
Sableye regained health!

MarslinOrgandy's Terrakion used Stone Edge!
Sableye lost 208 HP! (68% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 18!
MarslinOrgandy called Terrakion back!
MarslinOrgandy sent out Gengar!
Pointed stones dug into MarslinOrgandy's Gengar!

Pointed stones dug into Politoed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 19!
MarslinOrgandy's Gengar used Thunderbolt!
It's super effective!
Politoed lost 278 HP! (72% of its health)
MarslinOrgandy's Gengar is hurt by its Life Orb!

Politoed used Scald!
MarslinOrgandy's Gengar lost 62% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 20!
MarslinOrgandy's Gengar used Shadow Ball!
Politoed lost 106 HP! (27% of its health)
Politoed fainted!
MarslinOrgandy's Gengar is hurt by its Life Orb!

Rain continues to fall!
shrang sent out Salamence!
Pointed stones dug into Salamence!

Start of turn 21!
MarslinOrgandy called Gengar back!

MarslinOrgandy's Ferrothorn lost 13% of its health!
Salamence is hurt by MarslinOrgandy's Ferrothorn's Rocky Helmet!
MarslinOrgandy's Ferrothorn's Iron Barbs hurts Salamence

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 22!
Salamence is hurt by MarslinOrgandy's Ferrothorn's Rocky Helmet!
MarslinOrgandy's Ferrothorn's Iron Barbs hurts Salamence
Salamence fainted!

But there was no target...

Rain continues to fall!
shrang sent out Jirachi!

Start of turn 23!

Jirachi used Substitute!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 24!
MarslinOrgandy's Scizor lost 28% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
harsha2014 is watching the battle.

Start of turn 25!
shrang sent out Sableye!

Sableye lost 71 HP! (23% of its health)
Sableye fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Pointed stones dug into Alomomola!

Start of turn 26!
MarslinOrgandy called Terrakion back!
MarslinOrgandy sent out Gengar!
Pointed stones dug into MarslinOrgandy's Gengar!
MarslinOrgandy's Gengar fainted!

Alomomola used Scald!
But there was no target...

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 27!
Alomomola used Scald!

Alomomola was seeded!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 28!
Alomomola used Scald!
MarslinOrgandy's Ferrothorn lost 12% of its health!

It doesn't affect Alomomola...

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 29!
Alomomola used Scald!
A critical hit!
MarslinOrgandy's Ferrothorn lost 26% of its health!

The attack of MarslinOrgandy's Ferrothorn missed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 30!
Alomomola used Scald!
MarslinOrgandy's Ferrothorn was burned!

It's super effective!
Alomomola lost 134 HP! (28% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
MarslinOrgandy's Ferrothorn is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 31!
Alomomola used Rest!

It's super effective!
Alomomola lost 158 HP! (33% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 32!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 33!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 34!
Alomomola used Rest!

It's super effective!
Alomomola lost 146 HP! (30% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 35!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 36!
Alomomola used Rest!

Rain continues to fall!
MarslinOrgandy: how the hell does power whip miss so much
MarslinOrgandy: 85% accuracy

Start of turn 37!
Alomomola used Scald!
MarslinOrgandy's Ferrothorn lost 30% of its health!

It's super effective!
Alomomola lost 152 HP! (32% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 38!
Alomomola used Scald!
MarslinOrgandy's Ferrothorn lost 32% of its health!

It doesn't affect Alomomola...

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 39!
Alomomola used Rest!

It's super effective!
Alomomola lost 146 HP! (30% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 40!
MarslinOrgandy's Ferrothorn used Protect!
MarslinOrgandy's Ferrothorn protected itself!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 41!

It's super effective!
Alomomola lost 156 HP! (33% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 42!
Alomomola used Rest!

It's super effective!
Alomomola lost 140 HP! (29% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 43!
Alomomola used Scald!
MarslinOrgandy's Ferrothorn lost 45% of its health!

It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Alomomola lost 302 HP! (64% of its health)
Alomomola fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
shrang sent out Jirachi!

Start of turn 44!
Jirachi used Substitute!

Rain continues to fall!
MarslinOrgandy's Ferrothorn fainted!

Start of turn 45!
MarslinOrgandy's Scizor lost 21% of its health!
MarslinOrgandy's Scizor fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 46!
It's super effective!

It's super effective!
MarslinOrgandy's Terrakion lost 19% of its health!
MarslinOrgandy's Terrakion fainted!

shrang won the battle!
MarslinOrgandy: Rats! Foiled again.

Battle between shrang and lololwut started!

Variation: +9, -23

Opponent's team: Togekiss / Machamp / Jirachi / Quagsire / Chandelure / Ferrothorn

lololwut sent out Machamp!

Start of turn 1!
Politoed used Scald!
Lololwut's Machamp lost 36% of its health!

Lololwut's Machamp used DynamicPunch!
Politoed lost 205 HP! (53% of its health)
Politoed became confused!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 2!
shrang sent out Sableye!

Lololwut's Machamp used DynamicPunch!
It had no effect!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 3!
Sableye used Will-O-Wisp!
Lololwut's Machamp was burned!
Lololwut's Machamp ate its Lum Berry!
Lololwut's Machamp's status cleared!

Lololwut's Machamp used Stone Edge!
Sableye lost 145 HP! (47% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 4!
lololwut called Machamp back!
lololwut sent out Chandelure!

Sableye used Will-O-Wisp!
The attack of Sableye missed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 5!

Lololwut's Chandelure used Shadow Ball!
Politoed lost 136 HP! (35% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 6!
Politoed lost 91 HP! (23% of its health)
Politoed fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 7!
lololwut called Chandelure back!
lololwut sent out HerpDerp! (Quagsire)

Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of lololwut's team!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 8!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of lololwut's team!

Lololwut's HerpDerp used Stockpile!
Lololwut's HerpDerp stockpiled 1!
Lololwut's HerpDerp's Defense rose!
Lololwut's HerpDerp's Sp. Def. rose!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 9!
Lololwut's HerpDerp used Scald!
It's super effective!
Nidoqueen lost 224 HP! (58% of its health)

Nidoqueen used Roar!
Lololwut's Chandelure was badly poisoned!
Lololwut's Chandelure was dragged out!

Rain continues to fall!
Lololwut's Chandelure is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 10!
Nidoqueen lost 163 HP! (42% of its health)

Pointed stones float in the air around lololwut's team!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 11!
Nidoqueen lost 45 HP! (11% of its health)
Nidoqueen fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 12!
lololwut called Chandelure back!
lololwut sent out Ferrothorn!
Pointed stones dug into lololwut's Ferrothorn!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 13!
Alomomola used Scald!
Lololwut's Ferrothorn lost 17% of its health!

Lololwut's Ferrothorn used Thunder Wave!
Alomomola is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 14!
Alomomola used Scald!
Lololwut's Ferrothorn lost 16% of its health!
Lololwut's Ferrothorn was burned!

Lololwut's Ferrothorn used Power Whip!
It's super effective!
Alomomola lost 162 HP! (34% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
Lololwut's Ferrothorn is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 15!

Lololwut's Ferrothorn used Stealth Rock!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 16!
Alomomola used Scald!
Lololwut's Ferrothorn lost 24% of its health!

Lololwut's Ferrothorn used Spikes!

Rain continues to fall!
Lololwut's Ferrothorn fainted!
lololwut sent out Machamp!
Pointed stones dug into lololwut's Machamp!
Lololwut's Machamp was badly poisoned!

Start of turn 17!
Alomomola used Scald!
Lololwut's Machamp lost 57% of its health!
Lololwut's Machamp fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
lololwut sent out Jirachi!
Pointed stones dug into lololwut's Jirachi!

Start of turn 18!
Lololwut's Jirachi used Zen Headbutt!
The attack of lololwut's Jirachi missed!

Alomomola used Scald!
Lololwut's Jirachi lost 57% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
lololwut forfeited against shrang!

Really, Alomomola deserves an OU analysis. Sure the one on site may be outdated, but it's one of the most physically bulky Pokemon in OU that can also WishPass... I agree that in most cases Vaporeon is superior, but if it's already up it only needs to be revamped.

I don't see why not to keep it. Maybe a few edits to assure people that it, in most places, is severely outclassed by Vaporeon, but it is a decent poke, as long it has team support.

Shrang, could you explain the EV spread of the set ? It has a good SDef bulk after only one Calm Mind (without investment) so I just don't get it. Why wouldn't Def or HP evs be better ?

Shrang, could you explain the EV spread of the set ? It has a good SDef bulk after only one Calm Mind (without investment) so I just don't get it. Why wouldn't Def or HP evs be better ?

This. If I were to run the set that Shrang posted, I would probably run it with a Bulky offensive spread. 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Def.

Thank you shrang for going out of your way to show Alomomola somehow kicking butt even in today's metagame o_o;;

Yea, I would definitely add that moveset into the analysis, though it seems that Alomomola could invest 4 EVs in Spe to be faster than SD Scizor. Magic Coat / Toxic should probably be move of choice for the 4th slot.

shrang, since you went through all the trouble in testing this set, I do not mind having you revamp Alomomola's analysis. If it's too much of a hassle, of course I would finish my job.

This. If I were to run the set that Shrang posted, I would probably run it with a Bulky offensive spread. 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Def.
Alomomola will have a massive HP stat no matter what. On an offensive set, such as the Calm Mind set in question, tending to Alomomola's defenses first is much better. That said, I'd like to recommend a spread of 40 HP / 152 Def / 124 SpA / 188 SpD with a Bold nature. This spread ensures that Alomomola evades being 2HKOed by 0 Atk Nattorei's Power Whip and will never be OHKOed by Timid Choice Specs Rotom-W's Volt Switch, without a Special Defense boost. As a nice bonus, 481 HP is a Leftovers number. Maxing out Alomomola's Special Attack is a waste of EVs, imho. Sure, without max SpA, Alomomola hits like a fucking pansy with freshly baked cookies for arms, but HydroRest is just far too important to not take full advantage of.

edit: I fixed the spread up. Hypocrisy aside, the HP helps balance out Alomomola's special bulk.

Well, Alomomola's special defense is a bit crappy, 165 base HP is excellent, 45 base SpD isn't. Basically, it's patching up everything Alomomola is missing, namely SpA and SpD. Even with a Calm Mind up, your Special Defense is still a bit lacking, and unboosted, it's just terrible. I might give Chillarmy's spread a go.

And yes, Pocket, I could probably do this revamp, but it'll have to wait until at least the start of next week before I start.

Thanks, shrang! I would have this thread locked up when you make the new thread. If you don't feel like doing it, though, just let me know.

Back