Tournament AGPL VI - Manager Signups [Custom Avatar Prize]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concept

Player of untiers
is a Pre-Contributor
IMG_7321.png

Art by sleepyzen

Welcome to AGPL VI! We'll start off by selecting 6 managers. This AGPL will feature 6 teams and so there will be 5 weeks of round robin and 2 weeks of playoffs (not counting any potential tiebreakers). That places the end of the tournament sometime in early-mid August. All teams must have one manager available from June through early August. If you know you won't have access to the internet at any point during that time, you will be able to pick out an assistant manager from the players you draft to act as an assistant manager if you didn't include an assistant manager in your signup post. Failure to send the team's weekly lineup will result in the prior weeks lineup being used.

This year's tier selection is as follows:
- SV
- SV
- SV
- Best of Three: SV
- SS
- USUM
- ORAS
- Best of Three: SV / SS / USUM

If you want to manage a team in AGPL V, make a post below to apply. Managers will be decided by the tournament hosts, Eledyr, Kinetic and myself, as well as the AG moderation team. This thread will be open for one week.

Code:
Team Name:
Assistant Manager (if applicable):
Bio, (including accomplishments and why you would make a good manager):

Managers and co-managers may opt to self-purchase; the first purchase will cost 15k credits, and the second 18k. There will not be player retains.

Signups will close on Monday, June 10th at 11:59pm -5, at which point managers will be decided!

Last edited:
Team Name: :tapu-lele: BLACKPINK :tapu-lele:
Assistant Manager (if applicable): Fluore
Bio, (including accomplishments and why you would make a good manager): We won AGWL as a managing pair earlier this year and are ready to run it back for AGPL.
I made it to finals of the last AGPL while on the goated Lion’s Den, and got 5-3 during UMPL for AG. We’re looking to keep the momentum going with this year’s AGPL.

I don’t listen to BLACKPINK or any K-Pop but it kinda goes hard with Tapu Lele ngl

Team Name: :tapu-lele: BLACKPINK :tapu-lele:
Assistant Manager (if applicable): Fluore
Bio, (including accomplishments and why you would make a good manager): We won AGWL as a managing pair earlier this year and are ready to run it back for AGPL.
I made it to finals of the last AGPL while on the goated Lion’s Den, and got 5-3 during UMPL for AG. We’re looking to keep the momentum going with this year’s AGPL.

I don’t listen to BLACKPINK or any K-Pop but it kinda goes hard with Tapu Lele ngl
confirming (I didn't come up with the name btw.)

Team Name:
Special2.png
:dialga:Temporal Tower :dialga:
Special2.png

Assistant Manager (if applicable): Ina fable

Why would we be good managers? Well, Ina has experience on many tours in Smogon, and has been a manager in Oupl, BSSPL and we are currently captaining in Cappl, she is someone very competitive so she will do whatever it takes to lead our team to Victory. She has done finals and individual tours, participated in circuits and is someone very versatile capable of playing any tier at a good level.

I also have experience managing tours here at Smogon in the past (SSPL / ADPL / PTPL/ currently CAPPL) and I have come back for more, this would be my second tour managing with Ina and if you choose us we guarantee that we will be the best and most pleasant team.

Last edited:
Team Name: :Calyrex-Shadow: Midnight Calyrex Shadow Majesties :Calyrex-Shadow:
Assistant Manager (if applicable): Mimikyu Stardust
Bio, (including accomplishments and why you would make a good manager): i played in AGWL and reached the finals in it and i have played in multiple team tours like RBTT, 1v1 OGPL, MSPL, and AXPL meanwhile Mimikyu Stardust has managed bdsppl, wcop, discord tours like ncl and has also won UPL and also played and won other big tournaments together we will have a great team environment

Last edited:
Team Name: Midnight Calyrex Shadow Majesties
Assistant Manager (if applicable): Mimikyu Stardust
Bio, (including accomplishments and why you would make a good manager): i played in AGWL and reached the finals meanwhile Mimikyu Stardust managed bdsppl, wcop, discord tours like ncl and has also won UPL and played and won other big tournaments together we will have a great team environment
:blobthumbsup:

Team Name: Roaring calyrex blooms
Assistant Manager (if applicable): Dead by Daylight
Bio, (including accomplishments and why you would make a good manager): In my aspiration to lead, I bring a fresh perspective and a hunger to learn. While I haven't yet managed a team, I possess the drive, dedication, and adaptability needed to succeed. My commitment to communication, collaboration, and continuous improvement will empower me to effectively guide and inspire my team toward shared goals. That's all i have

Last edited:
Taking the OMINOUS SHEDINJAS with A plague doc
I have a lot of experience managing teamtours, having managed PUPL, PTPL, RUGL, ZUWC, NDWC, DOU Derby and BDSPPL, and i believe that gives me the background knowledge one needs to be a good manager. A Plague Doc is managing BDSPPL with me and is in the World Cup of Pokemon, plus they like the tier and definitely will put a lot of effort into being a solid co-manager.

Taking the OMINOUS SHEDINJAS with A plague doc
I have a lot of experience managing teamtours, having managed PUPL, PTPL, RUGL, ZUWC, NDWC, DOU Derby and BDSPPL, and i believe that gives me the background knowledge one needs to be a good manager. A Plague Doc is managing BDSPPL with me and is in the World Cup of Pokemon, plus they like the tier and definitely will put a lot of effort into being a solid co-manager.
Confirming!

Team Name: View attachment 638462:dialga:Temporal Tower :dialga: View attachment 638461
Assistant Manager (if applicable): Ina fable

Why would we be good managers? Well, Ina has experience on many tours in Smogon, and has been a manager in Oupl, BSSPL and we are currently captaining in Cappl, she is someone very competitive so she will do whatever it takes to lead our team to Victory. She has done finals and individual tours, participated in circuits and is someone very versatile capable of playing any tier at a good level.

I also have experience managing tours here at Smogon in the past (SSPL / ADPL / PTPL/ currently CAPPL) and I have come back for more, this would be my second tour managing with Ina and if you choose us we guarantee that we will be the best and most pleasant team.
Confirming

Team Name: :giratina-origin: Grave Makers Giratinas :giratina-origin:
Assistant Manager: Suzuya

Bio: I have managed NDWC for France, ALTPL (with Suzuya) and MSPL, also shadow managed Portugal in Wcup and played ADVPL/BDSPPL/BLT/UWC/RCOP/AGWL (won with suzuya) among other sidetours
- Suzuya has managed and won UPL, reached Teamballo finals as manager and played SCL and multiple PLs across the site
I believe we should be picked as we actually have a background in AG and are able to support our players, we both have great leadership abilities and knowledge of the playerbase, we are close friends and we'll make sure to create a good environment in the team while winning bc it's all about the Ws

Team Name: :giratina-origin: Grave Makers Giratinas :giratina-origin:
Assistant Manager: Suzuya

Bio: I have managed NDWC for France, ALTPL (with Suzuya) and MSPL, also shadow managed Portugal in Wcup and played ADVPL/BDSPPL/BLT/UWC/RCOP/AGWL (won with suzuya) among other sidetours
- Suzuya has managed and won UPL, reached Teamballo finals as manager and played SCL and multiple PLs across the site
I believe we should be picked as we actually have a background in AG and are able to support our players, we both have great leadership abilities and knowledge of the playerbase, we are close friends and we'll make sure to create a good environment in the team while winning bc it's all about the Ws
confirming !

Team Name: :Ho-oh: Hallowed Ho-Ohs :Ho-Oh:
Assistant Manager: RL

Bio: I have managed Hallowed Ho-Oh's in the previous AGWL. I'm an active member of the AG community and know the current playerbase really well. I have also won UMPL with Voltcrasher Miraidons, and helped them with testing and teambuilding for AG. Furthermore, I'm a member of the Anything Goes C&C team for quite a while now, and I qualified for last year AG circuit playoffs
- RL on the other hand has managed multiple team-tournaments for the French community, and came out victorious in all of them. RL too qualified for last year's AG circuit playoffs. RL has won last STT, played in last AGWL and Doubles World Cup, and reached playoffs of 2023 AG Ladder Tournament. RL also managed to reach OMFL finals. Furthermore, RL is an active AG room voice and has good knowledge of the playerbase.

Why would you make a good manager?
Both RL and I have, and will continue to be active members of the community. We are confident in ability to form a good team, and keep the overall environment of our team high throughout the tour.

Team Name: TBD
Assistant Manager: Fragments
Bio: I’m an AG boomer since oras/sm era and have managed AGPL in 2020 and got to semis as a first time manager back then + played in a few AGPL and AG in general back when it was in OMPL. Fragments has experience in AG in UMPL/AGPL as a manager + player, and has managed various other tours like BLT (2x), OUPL, 1v1pl, 2v2pl, CAPPL, ADPL, EPL, NDPL, OMPL, PUWC, and UWC. Since my leave from ag to now I’ve managed OUPL, NDPL, PUWC, UWC, CAPPL, BDSPPL, and currently WCOP. We both have an incredible depth of manager experience between us and know how to draft fun, active teams that are strong playoff contenders.

Last edited:
Team Name: TBD
Assistant Manager: Fragments
Bio: I’m an AG boomer since oras/sm era and have managed AGPL in 2020 and got to semis as a first time manager back then + played in a few AGPL and AG in general back when it was in OMPL. Fragments has experience in AG in UMPL/AGPL as a manager + player, and has managed various other tours like BLT (2x), OUPL, 1v1pl, 2v2pl, CAPPL, ADPL, EPL, NDPL, OMPL, PUWC, and UWC. Since my leave from ag to now I’ve managed OUPL, NDPL, PUWC, UWC, CAPPL, BDSPPL, and currently WCOP. We both have an incredible depth of manager experience between us and know how to draft fun, active teams that are strong playoff contenders.
Confirming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back