SV OU Adaptability Wars: Revenge of the Porygon-Z (Peak 1915 - #26) - PokeAimMB Approved

Can we get this RMT Porygonzillion replies?

• Total voters
IMG_3411.jpg

My main man himself Error 404 before entering the Battle Frontier for the first time (I hadn’t thought of a nickname yet lmao). Oh how time flies by…

Introduction:

To truly explain my connection with :Porygon-Z:, we need to go back all the way back to generation four. During my attempts to get the Gold Print at the Battle Hall in in the Battle Frontier, my homie always had my back and eventually became so cracked he hit the global Battle Hall leaderboards. So in honor of the true soldier that is Error 404 the :Porygon-Z:, I decided to give him one last run around town before allowing him to finally rest, a callback to his glory days. A lot of my teams usually just use funny shitmons for that humour factor, but this is different. Me and bro have been through so many tough battles together, and considering he’s a cybernetic duck, I can’t really claim the title of Duckular without paying my respects to the OG.

Pokepaste:

:Ribombee::Porygon-Z::Glimmora::Roaring_Moon::Gholdengo::Zamazenta:

https://pokepast.es/10bf5ad2c6deaeaf

Proof of Peak:

IMG_4583.jpeg

The Team:

IMG_4579.png

Error 404 (Porygon-Z) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tera Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Nasty Plot

Alright, let’s go over what you’re all here for lmao. Adaptability when combined with Tera might be one of the most broken combinations in Pokémon history offensively. Fortunately, they put it on :Porygon-z: instead of something fast, however with webs, this thing goes from easily outsped and revenge killed to an actual menace to society. Tera Blast pairs excellently well with my boi’s STAB, as it not only does big damage without burning Tera, but continues to do big damage upon burning it. After experimenting with a huge amount of different Tera types, I eventually settled on Tera ghost. Because :Porygon-Z: is so ridiculously strong after a Nasty Plot with a Life Orb boost since let’s be honest, it’s only gonna live one hit anyways, you don’t really have to hit mons for super effective damage and can just spam Tera blast most of the time. Tera Ghost is also great as a defensive typing and fro utility as well, as it allows you to set up on :dragonite: and block spins from :great_tusk: and :iron treads: in a pinch. It even allows you to set up on would be body press threats like :Skarmory: and :zamazenta:, which only further increases its versatility. For the last two slots, simply just running the tried and true BoltBeam coverage works wonders and allows you to handle would be instant game ender :dragonite: after Terastilizing, as well as hit bulky mons like :Clodsire:, :Primarina:, :Kingambit:, :Heatran:, and :Corviknight:. A Timid nature has been chosen over a Modest one in order to outspeed even Heavy Duty Boots variants of :great_tusk:, and places a shit load of pressure on the opponent hazard removal wise. Are there most likely better options to fill the role of a special attacker on a webs team? Obviously lol. But can I have the same connection with them as I do with my homie here? Hell no, and since that’s the entire point of this team, that’s the most important factor. Never abandon your bros even when they’re at their lowest if u a real one.

CALCULATIONS WITH :Porygon-z:

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Porygon-Z Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 300-354 (87.9 - 103.8%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Porygon-Z Thunderbolt vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Primarina: 309-364 (96.2 - 113.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Porygon-Z Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Unaware Clodsire: 190-226 (41 - 48.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+6 252 SpA Life Orb Adaptability Porygon-Z Tera Blast (80 BP) vs. +2 4 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 273-322 (41.8 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Porygon-Z: 246-290 (79 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

IMG_4523.png

Tricky Trickster (Ribombee) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
Tera Type: Ghost
Timid Nature
- Stun Spore
- Moonblast
- Sticky Web
- Psychic Noise

The stickiness enabler of the team, this bee lookin gremlin allows for the fast deployment of sticky webs. Psychic Noise allows u to beat lead :Glimmora: without risking the absence of ur webs, Stun Spore is there to help thwart set up attempts from the likes of mons like :Roaring_Moon: and :Iron_Valiant:, and Moonblast is chosen over Bug Buzz and Skill Swap for more consistent damage. If the team features a :Hatterene:the best course of action is to lead off with something that can use it as set up fodder. Focus Sash helps it live hits and actually stay on the field for more then one turn since it’s built like wet paper that was left to dry out in the Mongalian desert during the Cretaceous period. The nickname has been chosen to TRICK opponents into thinking im scarfed- I’ll see myself out…

IMG_4524.png

Iron Thugulis (Gholdengo) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fairy
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Recover

If u wanna more in depth analysis on this set, go check out my other web rmt I made recently, but I’ll go ahead and give a quick rundown. Make It Rain is honestly not worth running in this meta tbh, as it hits pretty much nothing apart from :Primarina: and :Garganacl: and makes u super exploitable to pivoting. Because of this, I think Dazzling Gleam is overall better due to it pairing extremely well with Tera Fairy as a defensive typing and also hitting the bevy of Fighting, Dragon, and Dark types in the tier, most notably the tolitarian overlord of the tier :Kingambit:. I tried running Psyshock to help increase my stall matchup, however upon further experimentation Recover is overall much better since it allows u to set up on defensive mons such as :Garganacl: and potentially win the 1v1 against :Kingambit: in a pinch. That, and my homie :Porygon-z: pretty much decimates Stall anyways with its raw power even without Choice Specs. Modest nature is used in order to help increase the chances of OHKOs on important threats such as :raging_bolt:, which can be a huge issue for this team if it decides to Tera. Overall, I hope Dazzling Gleam catches on as a mainstay on :Gholdengo: sets just because of how well it matches into the current meta.

IMG_4526.png

Mortal Spin Fan Fr (Glimmora) @ Power Herb
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Fairy
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Meteor Beam
- Earth Power
- Dazzling Gleam

This MF just pairs so well on webs teams lmao. Meteor Beam along with Toxic Debris is just so good on this team archetype, and has won me countless games. Dazzling Gleam helps beat dragons, and Tera Fairy not only boosts the power of Dazzling Gleam, but also allows this MF to beat :Kingambit: with Earth Power, which can also be used to take out :Heatran: if they don’t burn Tera to keep it alive. Toxic Debris synergizes very well with :Gholdengo: and allows for its teamates to beat bulky set up mons like :zamazenta: in an emergency. Although Rock Polish may seem unconventional, it’s here for an extremely good reason. For starters, it’s really the only way I can fit a speed boosting special attacker, which allows you to kill would be checks such as :landorus-therian:, however the largest reason it’s here is to patch up the god awful matchup webs has against sun. Not only does :torkoal: absolutely fry :Ribombee: and :Gholdengo:, but :Hatterene:, which is commonly used on these teams, can also deflect webs in a pinch. With Rock Polish however, your able to lead with Glimmora and freely set up on :torkoal: and absolutely wipe the floor with every Sun team that doesn’t have :venusaur:, making a once almost impossible matchup very manageable. It also gives you the benefit of setting up on Court Change :Cinderace: in emergency situations. Finally, the nickname is there because it helps throw people off even more (:

IMG_4527.png

#1 Tera Ghost OPP (Zamazenta) @ Leftovers
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Crunch
- Heavy Slam

Without :Volcarona: around to burn it every other match, Iron Defense :zamazenta: has been able to become even more of a menace to society. Tera fire is used to not only resist fairy type attacks from the likes of :iron_valiant: and scarf :Enamorus:, but it can also be used to avoid burns from :dragapult: and make the opponent wish they never used it, which in my books is a win for me. Heavy Slam is used to put the hurt on the already mentioned fairy types, and lastly Crunch is used to beat the hell out of opposing :Gholdengo: and not immediately lose to it. The nickname helps convince people that I’m runnin a banded set (:

IMG_4577.png

Ursaluna Waxmoon (Roaring Moon) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

The classic Roaring Moon set with Tera Flying to boost the power of Acrobatics and resist fighting moves from threats like :zamazenta: in a pinch. After running Taunt for a while, I have come to the conclusion that Earthquake is overall better since you lose to big stall anyways and so u can hit stuff like :Kingambit:, :raging_bolt: and :gouging_fire:. Knock Off is the dark STAB of choice for big damage and to get rid of Rocky Helmets from :Skarmory: and :corviknight:. I’ve opted for an Adamant nature here since the extra speed from a Jolly nature isn’t necessary with webs up. Overall, a good ol’ reliable Mon for HO teams.

Replays:

vs. Big Stall
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2127067843

vs. :iron_treads: Hyper Offense
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2127112385

vs. Rain Offense
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2125059358?p2

vs. Heavy Duty Boots :Ogerpon:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2127845829-8zmy8uppa4z8pcbkv6prsx8043wg23hpw

vs. :glimmora: Hyper Offense
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2126396158-k72h41wushoqs0zyigyevfzja8tuh9spw

vs. :Cinderace: Offense
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2124960370?p2

vs. Sun Offense
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2128252466-98tv1m2uaqium3bvrjk4sxsibwkczo0pw

Epic :Porygon-z: Sweep
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2125321233?p2

Last edited:
How do you beat Cinderace with this team?
Although the matchup is extremely difficult, it is possible to win. You’re main way of dealing with Cinderace teams is by setting up with one of your sweepers such as Glimmora or Roaring Moon (only if you know for sure they don’t have Wil-O-Wisp), allowing you to ignore the webs briefly and exert enormous pressure on the opponent.

Back