A Sun team v2

This is a Sun themed team, and is made to abuse the sun. There was a UU version, but I decided to close it. Changes are in bold.
Btw, this is a WiFi Team.
At a glance:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Iron Man @ Heat Rock
252 HP / 152 Atk / 8 Def / 96 SpD
Relaxed
Ablilty: Levitate

Grass Knot
Reflect
Sunny Day
Gyro Ball

My lead, replaced Lucario. Useful for killing off TTar/Hippowdon and starting the Sun. Also used to provoke a Fire Blast to let me switch into Houndoom/Rapidash.
----

Corn @ Heat Rock
20 HP / 252 Def / 236 SpA
Modest
Ablilty: Levitate

Moonlight
Ice Beam
Thunder Wave
Sunny Day

A sturdy tank, brings out the sun, which boost moonlight's effects. Can take a hit, and so has sunny day. Very useful, with a max 372 Def and 266 SpD. Pokemon like Salamance will NOT like having thier speed halved.
----

Arcanine @ Choice Scarf New!
26 HP/252 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant
Ablilty: Flash Fire

Iron Tail
Extremespeed
Flare Blitz
Thunder Fang

Scarfcanine, outruns many threats and kills them with a pwerfull Flare-Blitz or Extremespeed. Most things that I can't outrun are hit with an X-Speed anyways.
----

Phoenix @ Expert Belt New!
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid
Ablilty: Pressure

Flamethrower
Solarbeam
Agility
Morning Sun/Roost

Sunny Day Moltres, Aglilities, then Spams away with Overheat/Solarbeam. Morning Sun heals him when he's tired, although I might use Roost if I can't get it. No Hidden Power since it's hard to get.
----

Weed @ Leftovers
228 HP/252 Def/28 Spd
Impish
Ability: Leaf Guard

Knock Off
Power Whip
Rest
Substitute

My own take on Knock-Off Tangrowth. Hides behind a sub, then proceeds to knock off their item, or sucks back substitute health.
-----

Mammoth @ Leftovers
252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Def
Impish
Ablilty: Sturdy

Rapid Spin
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Stealth Rock

Useful for killing Garchomp and the like, lays dow Stealth Rock, and spins since much of my team it weak to Stealth Rock.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Rate away!

Overall, I think the team does a pretty good job in keepin the sun out and using it as an advantadge. Only thing i can suggest is that maybe a focus sash might become more use on lucario so that swords dance is a guarantee. it provides a nice combo with extremespeed.

Okay, where to start.

First. You seem ignorant in the fact that people can't do anything to stop the sun. With the amount of Ttars and hippos around, a simple back and forth switch stops the sun right away, so potentially not having such a sun planned team, but being able to use it for an advantage.

Secondly, I honestly see no point in the speed EVs in Cressilia. With more Bulk, you'd be able to switch back at forth more, and set up more Sunny Days. This could prove instrumental. Reaching 242+ is no instrumental deal unless using a boost, and just seems worthless.

Naturally, as a Sunny Day team, you have a few glaring weaknesses, most prominent being Earth and Water. Although maybe not taken seriously, Mantine can be used to Absorb water and as another levitate will also giving a good special wall whose main weakness is stopped by Nidoking.

How does this team fare once Cresselia is gone? A CB Tar or Weavile can 2HKO with Pursuit, since you'll probably stay in on turn one to Sunny day. Also, as the above poster said, Tyranitar can have fun with this team. He negates Sunny Day, Sandstorms (weakens Moonlight) and then can trample over all your pokemon.

Thanks for all the help guys. New updates: Tangrowth, Bronzong, and Donphan added, Leafeon, Lucario, and Nidoking taken off. Nicknames added. Cresselia's moveset and EVs changed.

Replace Blaziken with Rapidash... She can flash fire when Doom dies, and is the 2nd fastest fire type with an impressive 105 Speed.

Perhaps she can also Hypnosis to aid your team...

Rapidash: Expert Belt

Hypnosis
Double-Kick/Iron Tail
Mega Horn
Flare Drive

Rapidash only has 100 base Attack, so Expert Belt is manditory, not to mention it gets 2 boosts from SDay+FFire like Houndoom.

Unlike Blaziken it gets to be fast w/o Salac, and doesn't get ruined to much by Sandstorm... Plus it is alot easier to activate FF with both Tangrowth and Bronzong than Blaze.

Give Houndoom Expert Belt to increase his damage, he has little use for Leftovers...

Calm Mind on Bronzong seems pointless:

Hypnosis
Sunny Day
Reflect/Light Screen
Earthquake

this way he hits opposing Rock types and Fire types hard, which are threats to your team...

Maybe use Heatproof too, most ppl assume it has Levitate anyways, and with Sunny Day Fire does 1 x 1.5= 1.5 / 2 = .75 damage

So it still reduces fire attacks vs him by 25%, consider it...

Thanks for the help. However, I decided to keep Blaziken. He is a late game sweeper, and is used once TTar, Hippowdon, and Abamowsnow are killed off, and once Donphan clears the arena with Rapid Spin. With Levitate, Bronzong can switch into EQs that are directed at Houndoom and Blaziken. Likewise, Houdoom can switch into Fire Blasts shot at Bronzong. Houndoom has Solarbeam, which helps more than W-o-W, since he is too frail to use it. Solarbeam covers water types. Tangrowth has rest, Houdoom has expert belt, and Bronzong's moveset has changed.

It is hard to use a weather team that is not SS or Hail these days, but this might pull it off. I reccomend Mixtres > Blaziken. It seems to work better than it on this team, especially with Donphan support.

Ugh. Well you see, I really like Blaziken. But moltres might work. The problem is, I really dont like it. And Blaziken hits harder.

Maybe you should use a Moltres with Sunny Day. This might work:

Moltres @ Heat Rock/ Leftovers
6 Hp 252 Sp Atk 252 Speed
Modest/ Timid
- Air Slash
- Sunny day
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam/ Roost

I think that set would help you. But almost needs a spinner for sure

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Houndoom is a TTar invitation. Use HP Fighting to take it out after a Plot on the switch to TTar.

TWave quarters speed.

Leaf Guard doesn't allow you to wake up at the end of the turn you rest, if it did, it would be just as great as Hydration.

If you're Resting, why go Sub for status? IMO you should go Sleep Powder>Sub.

Endrevving isn't worth it with all the priority attacks going around. IMO, go Overheat Specstres with HP Ground to fully abuse Sunny Day and take out Heatran. Fire+Ground is pretty good coverage too.

I thought you were using a Nidoking? anyway, it would be nice if you said the abilities of the pokemon. But overall, this party has alot of fire power + sunny day goes to a ton of damage. But i never knew that bronzong could learn grass knot, cool. But ya, awesome party. For the tangrowth, you might want to give it a lum berry to hold, so when you use rest, you will wake up immediately. Some people underestimate berries.

Ok, I'll list the abilites. And, I was using a Nidoking, but he's gone now. You see, the thing is, I'm not such a big fan of Moltres. I just dislike it for some reason. But I can consider it. How about Arcanine? Or Ninetails, or Charizard? Belly Drum/Lumrest, then sweep. Endureversal could kill off a pokemon or two before he dies, as he's a late game sweeper.

You might want to opt for Flamethrower on Moltres over Fire Blast for the PP and Acc. Air Slash would fit well over Agility, it helps with coverage seeing how you already have another Solar Beamer. Also get rid of the Nidoking sprite at the top for Tangrowth.

Hmm... Well, with Fire Blast I have a chance of 2HKOing Blissey. But, I understand your point, and I will make that change. I was thinking of replacing Houdoom with Arcanine, since Arcanine is a Physical attacker, and I am somewhat lacking in the area. Also, nice catch about the sprite. :D

Arcanine @ Choice Scarf
252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly

Iron Tail
Extremespeed
Flare Blitz
Thunder Fang

This would replace my hellhound since he is a SpAttacker, and I need some physical muscle on my team, since Blaziken has been replaced with Moltres.

Seriously, consider Rapidash... Faster, gets FFire, and can use Hypnosis.

Try the set I listed above. It can handle T-tar with Mega Horn.

Why does Moltres have Heat Rock but no Sunny Day?

Also, if Tyranitar was such a problem, I'd just add a Dugtrio and fuck it up in one easy move, no problemo.

Now as for the team, I don't see why you wouldn't attempt to abuse Choice Specs Heatran. Best case scenario, you have sun up, you switch into a Fire move, and you do....

394 attack vs 306 defense, 120 power(*1.5 *1.5 *1.5), 688 max HP: 54.51% - 64.24%

A fucking 2HKO to Blissey. Seriously.

So if everythings change or osmething, what I'd like to see is along the lines of: Bronzong, Cresselia, Heatran, Tangrowth, perhaps add a Weezing or something else that stops Heracross, and then just slap in one last sweeper. I'd probably also abuse Tangrowth more as a sweeper rather than a tank, truth be told.

Hmmm.. So, that leaves no Fire Types at all. Kind ruins the theme, don't you think? I'm not using heatran as I don't like to use super-overused pokes that often. Cresellia, Suicune and TTar are exceptions though. :D I've decided to go with Scarf Arcanine. With a Scarf, he outruns almost any un-scarfed threat. He's also more powerful, and versatile. With Extremespeed, he outruns everything. I considered Rapidash, I also have a couple of Ponytas, and even a good Shiny one, but I really just don't like it that much.

Moltres: Expert Belt (You alrdy have 2 Sunny dayers)

U-turn
Fire Blast
Sbeam
Agility

U-turn vs Tyrantiar which ruins Solar Beam, cuts down on Fire Blast's Power, so you deal SE Damage backed by Expert Belt. Agility is so it can Sweep, and allows you to U-turn outta there before faster foes like Aerodactyl.

Just out of curiosity, what is the recovery rate of Moonlight in the sun? This team is now looking very solid. I like it, but it is still very threatened by Sandstream.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)