Ubers Grimmsnarl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icemaster

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RBTT Champion
[Overview]

Grimmsnarl is the premier dual screens setter in Ubers due to Prankster, Taunt, and STAB Play Rough to hit Dark-types immune to Prankster Taunt, including Yveltal. These qualities almost guarantee that Grimmsnarl will set up screens, helping a wide variety of offensive Pokemon set up. Grimmsnarl's bulk and typing enable it to switch into threats such as Marshadow, Calyrex-S, and Yveltal throughout the game, which gives the offensive teams a more favourable matchup versus these otherwise troublesome threats. However, Grimmsnarl struggles versus Pokemon that can set up against it and threaten a KO simultaneously, for example Xerneas and Necrozma-DM, which force it into a coinflip situation of setting up the appropriate screen or using Taunt. Additionally, teams featuring both Defog Ho-Oh and Yveltal can completely neutralize Grimmsnarl: when Grimmsnarl uses Taunt to stop Ho-Oh's Defog from removing screens, Ho-Oh can go for a Sacred Fire burn, which makes Play Rough so weak that Yveltal can freely come in and shut Grimmsnarl down with Defog.

[SET]
name: Dual Screens
move 1: Reflect
move 2: Light Screen
move 3: Taunt
move 4: Play Rough
item: Light Clay
ability: Prankster
nature: Careful
evs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

Grimmsnarl's purpose is to set up dual screens with Light Clay in order to help teammates set up. Taunt stops Defoggers from removing Grimmsnarl's screens, blocks opposing entry hazards, and shuts down boosting moves such as Swords Dance on Groudon. Play Rough enables Grimmsnarl to set up screens versus the Taunt-immune Defogger Yveltal, as Play Rough outdamages Roost. It also enables Grimmsnarl to check to Marshadow, Zygarde, and Calyrex-S. 252 HP and 164 Special Defense EVs guarantee Grimmsnarl survives two hits from Choice Specs Calyrex-S and a hit from Choice Specs Kyogre's Water Spout while Light Screen is active, and the Defense investment makes Grimmsnarl more resilient against Necrozma-DM and Marshadow.

Grimmsnarl should only be used on offensive teams, as they can fully take advantage of the setup opportunities it provides its teammates. Zekrom is a strong teammate, as it can instantly threaten Ho-Oh + Yveltal Defog cores and switches into Kyogre if it is behind Light Screen. Zekrom greatly appreciates dual screens letting it shrug off Necrozma-DM's Earthquake, Zygarde's Thousand Arrows, and Eternatus's Dynamax Cannon while surviving a hit from Groudon. Stone Edge Necrozma-DM is a good teammate too, as it resists Xerneas's Moonblast while surviving super effective hits from Groudon, Yveltal, and Calyrex-S behind the appropriate screen, which activate Weakness Policy. Meteor Beam Eternatus absorbs Toxic Spikes, threatens Defog cores, and appreciates Light Screen preventing Calyrex-S from easily revenge killing it. Xerneas appreciates Reflect, as it prevents a 2HKO from Necrozma-DM. Groudon threatens Defog cores while appreciating dual screens, as they allow it to use both of its setup moves more easily. Bulk Up Marshadow appreciates taking minimal damage while setting up in order to use as many Life Orb-boosted attacks as possible.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
====
An alternative EV spread of 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD enables Grimmsnarl to always survive Life Orb Necrozma-DM's Sunsteel Strike, though this isn't recommended, as Choice Specs Calyrex-S is a more common threat.

Checks and Counters
====

**Ho-Oh + Yveltal Cores** Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire burns prevent Grimmsnarl from outdamaging Yveltal's Roost with Play Rough, enabling Defog Yveltal to utilize its Taunt immunity to deny both Reflect and Light Screen.

**Xerneas**: Offensive Xerneas can force a difficult coinflip scenario between Geomancy and Moonblast, while Defog Xerneas heavily damages Grimmsnarl and can use Defog if Grimmsnarl switches out without using Taunt.

**Necrozma-DM**: Necrozma-DM can force a difficult coinflip between Dragon Dance or Stealth Rock and Sunsteel Strike.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Icemaster, 464176]]
- Quality checked by: [[Aberforth, 249382], [Manaphy, 50695]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429], [UT, 523866]]

Last edited:

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
I think I'd prefer a different boosting move mentioned over Dragon Dance NDM when describing what Taunt is used for, possibly Dragon Dance Zekrom instead? Just because the most common NDM at the moment aren't DD.

Defog Xerneas seems like a weird mention given how uncommon it is. I think removing it would be better, but if you'd rather it stay I dont think its a big deal.

Mon's fairly straightforward, QC 1/2.

Small QC Stamp.png

Icemaster

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RBTT Champion
I think I'd prefer a different boosting move mentioned over Dragon Dance NDM when describing what Taunt is used for, possibly Dragon Dance Zekrom instead? Just because the most common NDM at the moment aren't DD.

Defog Xerneas seems like a weird mention given how uncommon it is. I think removing it would be better, but if you'd rather it stay I dont think its a big deal.

Mon's fairly straightforward, QC 1/2.

View attachment 362880
Implemented, thanks for the check.
Changed the DD NDM mention to Swords Dance on Groudon; as for Zekrom I feel you don't necessarily even have to taunt it as Reflect + Play Rough is a big nuisance for it. I agree Defog Xerneas is relatively rare, but I think its important to mention as its one of the worst matchups for grimm?

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Necrozma-DM can force a difficult 50/50 between Dragon Dance or Stealth Rocks and Sunsteel Strike.
yeah as aber mentioned above most NDM ive seen are running SD if they are boosting, Iron Head is also typically the most common attack nowadays with twave rocks being around and such

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
====

This being empty feels dirty lol, I would mention Thunder Wave and Spirit Break and why they are unoptimal (they leave you unable to 2hko yveltal).
Stone Edge Necrozma-DM is a good teammate too, as it resists Xerneas while surviving hits from super effective Groudon, Yveltal and Calyrex-S behind the appropriate screen which activate Weakness Policy.
To me this is really confusing, which NDM set are you referencing?? I'm assuming its Dragon Dance but you dont make that clear here.

252 HP and 100 Defence guarantees Grimmsnarl survives a hit from Life Orb Necrozma-DM
For reference Life Orb NDM is not going into my NDM analysis, so these Evs feel a bit moot? I think I ran 92 def 164 SpD Careful for specs Caly-S pivoting but u may need to play around in the damage calc if you want an exact benchmark to mention, thats just what I remember those EVs accomplishing.

Is there any particular reason why suicide leads such as Aerodactyl or Froslass aren't mentioned as good partners?

Icemaster

RBTT Champion
yeah as aber mentioned above most NDM ive seen are running SD if they are boosting, Iron Head is also typically the most common attack nowadays with twave rocks being around and such

This being empty feels dirty lol, I would mention Thunder Wave and Spirit Break and why they are unoptimal (they leave you unable to 2hko yveltal).

To me this is really confusing, which NDM set are you referencing?? I'm assuming its Dragon Dance but you dont make that clear here.

For reference Life Orb NDM is not going into my NDM analysis, so these Evs feel a bit moot? I think I ran 92 def 164 SpD Careful for specs Caly-S pivoting but u may need to play around in the damage calc if you want an exact benchmark to mention, thats just what I remember those EVs accomplishing.

Is there any particular reason why suicide leads such as Aerodactyl or Froslass aren't mentioned as good partners?
DD NDM is pretty common still eg: bulky dd on balance, max hp max atk some speed DD or DD LO on webs. All these sets use Sunsteel.
I can mention TWave / Spirit Break but I don't think they're good alternatives to use since it puts the user at a big disadvantage vs nearly all teams.
Stone Edge NDM referring to SD or DD though I can change the mention to DD on NDM since that's most likely what you would run on Screens.
LO NDM is pretty important mark, since its the most common webs set afaik, either way its just 8 EVs - losing them in SpDef doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
we discussed in more detail on discord, decided upon my original EVs since it avoids the 2HKO from Specs Caly Astral, other spread can be mentioned in set details, rest looks gud

QC 2/2

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Amchecking to help this along!
Add
Remove
Comments
(AC) = Add Comma
(AH) = Hyphenate
(AA) = Apostrophise

Some notes;
  • Remember the Oxford Comma!
  • I know it'll make you want to jump off a bridge, but remember that GP wants American English spelling.
  • You seem to repeat "enable to" a lot, which makes this analysis read a bit clunkily. Perhaps vary it up a bit with words like "permit it to", "allow it to", "let it", "prepare it for", "facilitate", etc. Nothing wrong with getting creative and hooking the reader more, eh?
    • You do similar things for "versus" where "against", "challenging", etc would likely flow better, but it's much less prevalent so I don't know if it's something you actually struggle with.
  • You also appear to struggle with the differences between "setup", "set-up", and "set up", these all have very different meanings. This guide may help you a lot! You will most likely not use "setup" in an analysis, as it's a noun for something like your "I didn't do anything officer, it's all a setup!" or the way your stuff is arranged; "Ayo Brad rate my setup it's sick yeah?". Y'get me?

[Overview]

Grimmsnarl is the premier Dual Screens setter in Ubers due thanks (more positive than "due" and helps hook the reader right away) to Prankster, Taunt, (AC) and a typing granting it a positive matchup versus Taunt-immune (AH) Dark-types, (AC) including Yveltal. These qualities almost guarantee that Grimmsnarl will set (spacing)up screens, enabling giving (or keep this and remove "ease of setup") a wide variety of offensive Pokemon ease of setup. Grimmsnarl's bulk and typing enable it to switch into threats such as Marshadow, Calyrex-S, (AC) and Yveltal throughout the course of the game, giving the offensive teams it's featured features on (subjective flow edit) a more favourable matchup versus these otherwise troublesome threats. While Grimmsnarl is the best choice for a Dual Screens setter, it struggles versus challenging (repetition) Pokemon which that can set (spacing)up against it and threaten a KO simultaneously, ("Simultaneously" is a bit odd here as they can't do it in the same turn, which is one way to interpret the sentence. It's not wrong, but consider rewording it for clarity) for example Xerneas or Necrozma-DM, as it will be forced into a 50/50 of setting up the appropriate screen or Taunting. Additionally, teams featuring both Defog Ho-Oh and Yveltal can completely neutralise Grimmsnarl by first burning it with Sacred Fire Ho-Oh (sounds a bit silly but the added clarity may help as you talk about yvel after) and then using Yveltal to deny screens set-up, (AH, AC) as Play Rough will no longer meaningfully damage Yveltal.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Grimmsnarl's purpose is to set (spacing)up both screens with Light Clay in order to enable give teammates ease of set-up. (AH) Taunt—in conjunction with Prankster—prevents Grimmsnarl's screens from getting defogged away removed, prevents quashes (it's weird but "prevent" would require "from setting up" after, while "quash" is more about suppression and doesn't in this instance) opposing hazards, and the opponent using boosting moves such as Swords Dance on Groudon stops Pokemon like Swords Dance Groudon attempting to set up. (the opponent isn't using the boosting move on the Pokemon, that would be an X Attack or something) Play Rough enables Grimmsnarl to set (spacing)up screens vs against the Taunt immune Defog Yveltal, as Play Rough outdamages Roost. It also enables Grimmsnarl to act as a check to Marshadow, Zygarde, (AC) and Calyrex-S. 252 HP and 92 Defence The given EV spread (The "defense" part wasn't what comes into letting Grimm survive the Specs hits, and this just flows better) guarantees Grimmsnarl survives 2 two hits from Choice Specs Calyrex-S and Choice Specs Kyogre's Water Spout while Light Screen is active, while the remaining investment is used for Defense to make Grimmsnarl more resilient against Necrozma-DM and Marshadow.

Grimmsnarl should only be used on offensive teams, (AC, flow) as they can fully take advantage of the set-up (AH) opportunities it provides its teammates. ("its teammates" may be redundant but I'm unsure, what do you think?) Zekrom is a strong teammate as it can instantly threaten Ho-Oh + Yveltal Defog cores and switches into Kyogre if it is behind Light Screen. Behind screens, Zekrom greatly appreciates screens' ability to enable it to the ability to shrug off super effective hits from Earthquake Necrozma-DM's Earthquake, Zygarde, and Eternatus while surviving a hit from Groudon. Stone Edge Necrozma-DM is a good teammate too, as it resists Xerneas's Moonblast (right?) while surviving super effective hits from super effective Groudon, Yveltal, (AC) and Calyrex-S behind the appropriate screen, (AC) which can activate Weakness Policy. Meteor Beam Eternatus absorbs Toxic Spikes, threatens Defog cores, (AC) and appreciates Light Screens ability preventing Calyrex-S from easily revenge killing it. Xerneas appreciates Reflect as it enables it to lets it avoid being 2HKOed by Necrozma-DM. Double Dance (I believe this is the right term, has stronger alliteration too) Groudon threatens Defog cores while appreciating screens, (AC) as they allow it to use both of its set-up (AH) moves more easily. (not qc but consider contextualising the last part, as you've established that screens helps with set-up a lot already) Bulk Up Marshadow appreciates taking minimal damage while setting up in order to use as many Life Orb boosted attacks as possible. (same principle as before, anyone can set screens to help a Pokemon but it's the context in which they avoid being KOed that truly matters)

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
====
An alternative EV spread of 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD enables Grimmsnarl to always survive Life Orb Necrozma-DM's Sunsteel Strike, though this isn't recommended, (AC, interruptor phrase) as Choice Specs Calyrex-S is a more common threat.

Checks and Counters
====

**Ho-Oh + Yveltal**: (colon) Sacred Fire burns prevent Grimmsnarl from outdamaging the Taunt-immune (AH) Yveltal's Roost with Play Rough, enabling Defog Yveltal to deny any screens being set (spacing)up.

**Xerneas**: Offensive Xerneas can force a difficult 50/50 between Geomancy and Moonblast, while Defog Xerneas heavily damages Grimmsnarl and can Defog remove hazards (removes repetition, this read a bit weirdly as-is) if Grimmsnarl switches out without Taunting.

**Necrozma-DM**: Necrozma-DM can force a difficult 50/50 between Dragon Dance or Stealth Rocks and Sunsteel Strike. (Again, I'm obviously not QC, but could establish why the 50/50 is difficult to the reader other than just the moves with little context. You're on about how much Sunsteel Strike hurts Grimmsnarl, so you should note something like an XHKO to help the information stick.)

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]

Reactions: pac

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC): Add Comma

[Overview]

Grimmsnarl is the premier Dual Screens dual screens setter in Ubers due to Prankster, Taunt and a typing granting it a positive matchup versus Taunt immune Dark-type STAB Play Rough to hit Dark-types immune to Prankster Taunt, including Yveltal. These qualities almost guarantee that Grimmsnarl will setup set up dual screens, enabling a wide variety of offensive Pokemon ease of setup. helping a wide variety of offensive Pokemon set up more easily. Grimmsnarl's bulk and typing enable it to switch into threats such as Marshadow, Calyrex-S, (AC) and Yveltal throughout the course of the game, giving the offensive teams it features on a more favourable better matchup versus these otherwise troublesome threats. While Grimmsnarl is the best choice for a Dual Screens setter, it However, Grimmsnarl struggles versus Pokemon which that can setup set up against it and threaten a KO simultaneously, for example Xerneas or and Necrozma-DM, as it will be forced into a 50/50 which force it into a coinflip situation of setting up the appropriate screen or Taunting. using Taunt. Additionally, teams featuring both Defog Ho-Oh and Yveltal can completely neutralise Grimmsnarl by first burning it with Sacred Fire and then using Yveltal to deny screens setup as Play Rough will no longer meaningfully damage Yveltal. neutralize Grimmsnarl: when Grimmsnarl uses Taunt to stop Ho-Oh's Defog from removing screens, Ho-Oh can go for a Sacred Fire burn, which makes Play Rough so weak that Yveltal can freely come in and shut Grimmsnarl down with Defog. (if i misunderstood how the interactions work, just fix as appropriate. if, in the end, it's just easier to say like "Ho-Oh can burn Grimmsnarl with Sacred Fire, which makes Play Rough...", that's fine.)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Grimmsnarl's purpose is to setup both set up dual screens with Light Clay in order to enable teammates ease of setup. to help teammates set up. Taunt in conjunction with Prankster prevents Grimmsnarl's screens from getting defogged away, prevents opposing hazards and the opponent using stops Defoggers from removing Grimmsnarl's screens, blocks opposing entry hazards, and shuts down boosting moves such as Swords Dance on Groudon. Play Rough enables Grimmsnarl to setup Screens vs the Taunt immune Defog set up screens versus the Taunt-immune Defogger Yveltal, as Play Rough outdamages Roost. It also enables Grimmsnarl to act as a check to check Marshadow, Zygarde, (AC) and Calyrex-S. 252 HP and 92 Defence guarantees 164 Special Defense EVs guarantee (I assume?) Grimmsnarl survives 2 two hits from Choice Specs Calyrex-S and Choice Specs Kyogre's Water Spout while Light Screen is active, while the remaining investment is used for Defense to make Defense investment makes Grimmsnarl more resilient against Necrozma-DM and Marshadow.

Grimmsnarl should only be used on offensive teams, (AC) as they can fully take advantage of the setup opportunities it provides its teammates. Zekrom is a strong teammate, (AC) as it can instantly threaten Ho-Oh + Yveltal Defog cores and switches into Kyogre if it is behind Light Screen. Zekrom greatly appreciates screens' ability to enable it to dual screens letting it shrug off Necrozma-DM's Earthquake, Zygarde's STAB moves, (I imagine?) (AC) and Eternatus's Dynamax Cannon (I imagine?) while surviving a hit from Groudon. Stone Edge Necrozma-DM is a good teammate too, as it resists Xerneas's Moonblast while surviving super effective hits from super effective Groudon, Yveltal, (AC) and Calyrex-S behind the appropriate screen, (AC) which activate Weakness Policy. Meteor Beam Eternatus absorbs Toxic Spikes, threatens Defog cores, (AC) and appreciates Light Screens ability preventing Calyrex-S from easily revenge killing it. Xerneas appreciates Reflect, (AC) as it enables it to avoid being 2HKOed by Necrozma-DM. Dual Dance prevents a 2HKO from Necrozma-DM. Swords Dance + Rock Polish Groudon threatens Defog cores while appreciating dual screens, (AC) as they allow it to use both of its setup moves more easily. Bulk Up Marshadow appreciates taking minimal damage while setting up in order to use as many Life Orb-boosted (added hyphen) attacks as possible.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
====
An alternative EV spread of 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD enables Grimmsnarl to always survive Life Orb Necrozma-DM's Sunsteel Strike, though this isn't recommended, (AC) as Choice Specs Calyrex-S is a more common threat.

Checks and Counters
====

**Ho-Oh + Yveltal Cores** (or would you prefer like "Teams"?) Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire burns prevent Grimmsnarl from outdamaging the taunt immune Yveltal's Roost with Play Rough, enabling Defog Yveltal to deny any Screens being setup. utilize its Taunt immunity to deny both Reflect and Light Screen.

**Xerneas**: Offensive Xerneas can force a difficult 50/50 coinflip scenario between Geomancy and Moonblast, while Defog Xerneas heavily damages Grimmsnarl and can Defog if Grimmsnarl switches out without Taunting. using Taunt.

**Necrozma-DM**: Necrozma-DM can force a difficult 50/50 coinflip scenario between Dragon Dance or Stealth Rocks and Sunsteel Strike.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]] (fill this)
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429], [username2, userid2]]

finland-GP.gif
1/2

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
add remove conjecture
[Overview]

Grimmsnarl is the premier dual screens setter in Ubers due to Prankster, Taunt, (comma) and STAB Play Rough to hit Dark-types immune to Prankster Taunt, including Yveltal. These qualities almost guarantee that Grimmsnarl will set up screens, helping a wide variety of offensive Pokemon set up more easily. Grimmsnarl's bulk and typing enable it to switch into threats such as Marshadow, Calyrex-S, and Yveltal throughout the game, giving the offensive teams it features on a more favourable which gives offensive teams a more favorable matchup versus these otherwise troublesome threats. However, Grimmsnarl struggles versus Pokemon that can set up against it and threaten a KO simultaneously, for example Xerneas and Necrozma-DM, which force it into a coinflip situation of setting up the appropriate screen or using Taunt. Additionally, teams featuring both Defog Ho-Oh and Yveltal can completely neutralize Grimmsnarl: when Grimmsnarl uses Taunt to stop Ho-Oh's Defog from removing screens, Ho-Oh can go for a Sacred Fire burn, which makes Play Rough so weak that Yveltal can freely come in and shut Grimmsnarl down with Defog.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Grimmsnarl's purpose is to set up dual screens with Light Clay in order to help teammates setup set up. Taunt stops Defoggers from removing Grimmsnarl's screens, blocks opposing entry hazards, and shuts down boosting moves such as Swords Dance on Groudon. Play Rough enables Grimmsnarl to set up screens versus the Taunt-immune Defogger Yveltal, as Play Rough outdamages Roost. It also enables Grimmsnarl to check to Marshadow, Zygarde, and Calyrex-S. 252 HP and 164 Special Defense EVs guarantee Grimmsnarl survives two hits from Choice Specs Calyrex-S and a hit from I assume, this implies it lives two Choice Specs Kyogre's Water Spout while Light Screen is active, and the Defense investment makes Grimmsnarl more resilient against Necrozma-DM and Marshadow.

Grimmsnarl should only be used on offensive teams, as they can fully take advantage of the setup opportunities it provides its teammates. Zekrom is a strong teammate, as it can instantly threaten Ho-Oh + Yveltal Defog cores and switches into Kyogre if it is behind Light Screen. Zekrom greatly appreciates dual screens letting it shrug off Necrozma-DM's Earthquake, Zygarde's Thousand Arrows, and Eternatus's Dynamax Cannon while surviving a hit from Groudon. Stone Edge Necrozma-DM is a good teammate too, as it resists Xerneas's Moonblast while surviving super effective hits from Groudon, Yveltal, and Calyrex-S behind the appropriate screen, which activate Weakness Policy. Meteor Beam Eternatus absorbs Toxic Spikes, threatens Defog cores, and appreciates Light Screen preventing Calyrex-S from easily revenge killing it. Xerneas appreciates Reflect, as it prevents a 2HKO from Necrozma-DM. Groudon threatens Defog cores while appreciating dual screens, as they allow it to use both of its setup moves more easily. Bulk Up Marshadow appreciates taking minimal damage while setting up in order to use as many Life Orb-boosted attacks as possible.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
====
An alternative EV spread of 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD enables Grimmsnarl to always survive Life Orb Necrozma-DM's Sunsteel Strike, though this isn't recommended, as Choice Specs Calyrex-S is a more common threat.

Checks and Counters
====

**Ho-Oh + Yveltal Cores** Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire burns prevent Grimmsnarl from outdamaging Yveltal's Roost with Play Rough, enabling Defog Yveltal to utilize its Taunt immunity to deny both Reflect and Light Screen.

**Xerneas**: Offensive Xerneas can force a difficult coinflip scenario between Geomancy and Moonblast, while Defog Xerneas heavily damages Grimmsnarl and can use Defog if Grimmsnarl switches out without using Taunt.

**Necrozma-DM**: Necrozma-DM can force a difficult coinflip between Dragon Dance or Stealth Rock and Sunsteel Strike.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Aberforth, 249382], [Manaphy, 50695]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429], [UT, 523866]]

GP 2/2! Lasen I remembered

GP Team done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)