League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

SEASON 2 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Team Solomid (Dyrus / TheOddOne / Reginald / Chaox / Xpecial)
Team Dignitas (Crumbzz / IWillDominate / Scarra / imaqtpie / Patoy)
Counter Logic Gaming Prime (Voyboy / HotshotGG / bigfatjiji / Doublelift / Chauster)
Moscow Five (Darien / Diamond / Alex Ich / Genja / Pepper)
SK Gaming (Kev1n / Aranaea / Ocelote / YellOWStaR / Nyph)
Counter Logic Gaming EU (Wickd / Snoopeh / Froggen / Yellowpete / Krepo)
Invictus Gaming (Pdd / illuSioN / Zz1tai / kid / XiaoXiao)
World Elite (CaoMei / ClearLove / Misaya / WeiXiao / Fzzf)
Taipei Assassins (Stanley / Lilballz / Toyz / Bebeisadog / MiSTakE)
Azubu Frost (Shy / CloudTemplar / RapidStar / Woong / MadLife)
NaJin Sword (MaKNooN / Watch / SSONG / PraY / Cain)
Saigon Jokers (QTV / Egg / Nixwater / Archie / Junie / Violet)

Team Solomid have been exerting complete dominance over the NA scene for the last 5 months, not dropping a single match, but they are definitely mortal, dropping games to curse and clg. they have performed poorly against the asian teams and have yet to beat M5 at all. the consistency of Dyrus and Xpecial will win them games against teams that are prone to throwing

Team Dignitas have never played on the world stage before, but they have a lot of cheese up their sleeves from Scarra which should be able to trip some teams

Counter Logic Gaming Prime are a historically strong team, but they still haven't displayed what they're capable of with their new roster, especially former MVP Voyboy but they have learnt a lot in korea and the korean teams have said that they fear CLG the most outside of korea, mainly due to Doublelift and Chauster, touted to be the world's best AD/support combo

Moscow Five are untested on the world stage but have shown to be one of the most disciplined and strongest teams outside of korea, due in part to the tactical engine that is Alex Ich and Diamond. their ONE weakness live appears to be CLG.EU, though they haven't played against the asians yet

SK Gaming have a lot of experience between the five of them but as a team they are still fairly new and must fight very hard to match the international behemoths like TSM and the Azubu teams. the raw mechanical skill of Kev1n and Ocelote means that a game can snowball heavily in their favour

Counter Logic Gaming EU are coming off a disappointing second in OGN, but Froggen is still considered to be the world's best mid laner, and i don't see any team winning against CLG.EU when froggen has a good day

Invictus Gaming came out of their slump with a roster shuffle and most importantly, the reacquisition of Pdd and should bring us some classic asian early-game aggression

World Elite haven't been performing well lately but any team with Misaya and WX is not to be underrated as these two carry very, very hard when they need to. however their recent change in the bot lane means that they won't have had the time to build up teamwork

Taipei Assassins have a lot of tactics hidden from the public, and work together like a well-oiled engine, reminiscent of M5, but they are prone to throwing games, keep an eye out for Stanley

Azubu Frost took out CLG.EU in a huge comeback in the ogn champions summer season, and were previously the most dominant team in korea. they bring classic strong korean play to the forefront, expect RapidStar and MadLife to make huge plays.

NaJin Sword are one of the most aggressive teams in the world in the early game, with superstar solo laner MaKNooN, they should definitely present a threat to all the international teams

Saigon Jokers beat out SGS in a surprise win at the SEA regionals, with unconventional picks and an exciting hit-and-run playstyle in the mid to lategame. however they are still a new team and they will definitely be tested against the world's best. keep an eye out for Nixwater, who carries hard when he needs to

Qualified for Semis
Team Solomid
Moscow Five
World Elite
Taipei Assassins

Group A
Azubu Frost
Counter Logic Gaming Prime
SK Gaming
Invictus Gaming

Group B
Team Dignitas
Counter Logic Gaming EU
NaJin Sword
Saigon Jokers

That bracket is probably the most underwhelming i've seen. After a whole year of qualifying, 50000$ is decided by a coin flip, and the brackets also appear to be randomised.

MLG has figured out double elimination. Valve has figured out that round robin should be more than a best of one. I can remotely understand trying to give teams byes when they have been competing against each other for a year (in the regional finals), but at the final stage all teams should be on an even footing and fans should be able to see most of the match ups that wouldn't be possible at any other event.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM
TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM
TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM

but for reals, im rooting for SK.

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If anyone wasn't already aware, if Rengar kills Kha'Zix while he has a Bonetooth Necklace the item changes into Head of Kha'Zix, functionally the same, visually different.
This is part of the hidden passive interaction with Kha'Zix/Rengar (that i came up with :DD!!) and will say that this is not true. I sort of wish PBE filedump's didn't have this stuff for people to datamine but

while the idea is on the right track, what the item does, and furthermore the circumstances surrounding how one acquires it are very different from anything we've seen in the game thus far :D

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Azubu Frost got screwed over lol, why should they be the ones playing the group stage? They're clearly better than all the other 1st seeds besides M5. World Elite should've been the ones who had to play in group stages since they're clearly not one of the top 4 teams in the world.

Also Azubu Blaze threw so hard at Korean regionals :(.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Team I want to win: CLG.Prime
Second choice: CLG.Eu
Team I betted to win because Yeti stole CLG: M5

Hot cheese shall be spilled~

This is part of the hidden passive interaction with Kha'Zix/Rengar (that i came up with :DD!!) and will say that this is not true. I sort of wish PBE filedump's didn't have this stuff for people to datamine but

while the idea is on the right track, what the item does, and furthermore the circumstances surrounding how one acquires it are very different from anything we've seen in the game thus far :D
I guess I misread it, then. I'm not entirely sure I understand it, though. XD

Cautiously excited for S2 finals. S1 finals happened shortly after I started playing and I missed it live because it was during the day in NA and I had to work all those day,s so kind of excited to see what the biggest stage for League is like now that I understand the games and the teams a lot better(and can actually watch). I'm a little let down about the whole thing as a Curse fan, but definitely hoping one of the NA teams win anyway just to cut down on the Euro-wannabe-superiority crap we had for a few months after the last season's finals. Barring that, CLG.EU or SK would sure be better than M5 or one of the Asian teams just because of familiarity, though.

I'm pretty concerned about the odds of getting what I want, though. Even if I consider any of TSM, CLG, Dig, CLG.EU, and SK winning a successful event I'm not sure I think it's very likely... M5 has won almost every event consisting of European and NA teams on its own(but have been less effective against CLG.EU, obviously) and almost all of the teams we aren't used to seeing look pretty scary. Between Azubu, M5, and TA... it'll be rough.

The groups are pretty interesting, too. Gotta imagine CLG.EU is pretty happy with how they ended up -- they get to avoid awkwardness with parent CLG, and get Najin and Saigon rather than iG and Azubu. Obviously, Azubu is the team everyone wanted to avoid, but iG has a little more history in the worldwide scene than the other two teams, so that might be favorable, too(though they haven't been too impressive recently, relatively). The other group sure looks rough: SK and CLG have both shown they can be anything from medicore to amazing the past few months and Azubu Frost is almost a lock to get through, with one of the only two Chinese teams we've seen much at all of rounding out the group... that definitely seems like this year's group of death, though it's not like any match is going to be easy at this level.

Think I'll predict Azubu and CLG in Group A and CLG.EU and Dignitas in Group B to keep the dream alive. Gotta imagine CLG and Dignitas will have enough cheese to at least get out of the group stage, right...

Guess I'm stuck rooting for TSM for the tournament as a whole, but think I'll predict an Azubu Frost victory.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'm sorry for being a complete noob, but I just go to the league website during this and watch them for great results!!!

TOO clarify im asking how to watch the live streams of wc.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The league website should have a subsite with the streams on it - keep in mind the championships aren't happening yet, so if you can't find them, that's why.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
@The Requiem: She's tough. Let me just start by saying that. She also has a 25% win rate in ranked so if you really want to give her a try, do it in a normal blind or something with friends who can deal with Syndra's counters.

Please make it for normal games only or remove it entirely, I don't think you realize how HORRIBLE of a competitive balance decision this is. Not even discussing how likely it is to occur, why should there ever be a way for one champion to gain literally 4k gold (and more advantages that are not easily quantifiable) from a single kill? Kha'zix also gains what amounts to a free level from getting his bonus, which is hardly fair... What would people say if suddenly whenever Udyr killed Warwick (random example, the point is backstory/lore should never have an effect on actual gameplay) he got to max all of his skills up to level 5?

Please make it for normal games only or remove it entirely, I don't think you realize how HORRIBLE of a competitive balance decision this is. Not even discussing how likely it is to occur, why should there ever be a way for one champion to gain literally 4k gold (and more advantages that are not easily quantifiable) from a single kill? Kha'zix also gains what amounts to a free level from getting his bonus, which is hardly fair... What would people say if suddenly whenever Udyr killed Warwick (random example, the point is backstory/lore should never have an effect on actual gameplay) he got to max all of his skills up to level 5?

it only works if you get the kill late in the game, where the enemy being dead is worth more than gold

@The Requiem: She's tough. Let me just start by saying that. She also has a 25% win rate in ranked so if you really want to give her a try, do it in a normal blind or something with friends who can deal with Syndra's counters.
Haha yeah I know what you mean, I've only played her a few times just against the bots since I've picked her up. I'm not so hot at AP caster, but I couldn't resist picking up a champ that throws minions at people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)