Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's also meloetta.

and i think the new forme thing, while they're probably all revealed now, is overdone already. i mean, the kyurem formes were a given, but the kami formes already are quite random ("okay?"), and when keldeo was revealed, a lot of people probably just felt "really - now THAT too?". when a new forme (or set of formes) is revealed every week, they lose their "specialness", or "magic" as was mentioned earlier. i (and i'm sure, several others have, too) really start wondering what's the point of having the original formes then, especially when they have such boring and rehashed designs such as the original kami.
just my two rather deliberately pessimistic centesimals on this matter.

No meloetta doesn't count. It wasn't introduced in b2w2 like the kamis, kyurem and keldeo. B2w2 is at 6 while platinum had 7 yet people still say we have too many

No meloetta doesn't count. It wasn't introduced in b2w2 like the kamis, kyurem and keldeo. B2w2 is at 6 while platinum had 7 yet people still say we have too many

6 forms across 5 Pokemon, for the record

I'll never understand people's want assigning of- & keeping things "magical"

As the release date is so close, I doubt we will get any more forms other than the 2 Kyurem, Resolution Keldeo, and the Sacred Beasts of the new Flying trio.

In fact, I was surprised they revealed a new form so recently.

I believe we will get move tutors in these games (and with them, the elemental punch tutors). Imagine what these new forms could get.

Serebii said there's a reason for the Kami's new formes, and that we'll find it out in due time. And we know how he usually has inside info on these things, so yeah I guess I'll buy that and not complain about anything.

Well it wasn't introduced or even in BW either. So when exactly was it introduced?
As the release date is so close, I doubt we will get any more forms other than the 2 Kyurem, Resolution Keldeo, and the Sacred Beasts of the new Flying trio.

In fact, I was surprised they revealed a new form so recently.

I believe we will get move tutors in these games (and with them, the elemental punch tutors). Imagine what these new forms could get.
Holy crap your avatar.

Well it wasn't introduced or even in BW either. So when exactly was it introduced?

Holy crap your avatar.

Meloetta was in BW1, though. She's been there since the beginning and neither form is exclusive or new to BW2 except in the same way she & Keldeo are new to BW1.

*facepalm* yes it was in bw where have you been the last 2 years.

Meloetta was in BW1, though. She's been there since the beginning and neither form is exclusive or new to BW2 except in the same way she & Keldeo are new to BW1.
Well yeah, they're PROGRAMMED into BW, but there's still no way to get Meloetta, Keldeo, or Genesect, in-game, WiFi, event download, or otherwise. I wouldn't exactly consider them available. And they won't be until BW2 is out. Is it too much of a stretch to think that maybe Nintendo/Gamefreak intended for these Pokemon to premier in BW2, and the only reason they're in the BW dex is so kiddies don't wonder "how come I can't trade my Meloetta to BW?"

Keldeo and Meloetta were never released in BW1 and they'll be released after BW2 likely with move tutors available so their move-pools will change before we can even officially use them meaning the Keldeo and Meloetta we knew from DW OU will never officially exist. Move tutors make DW OU's slogan of "the future of OU" an entirely false claim.

So in that sense, they will be completely new Pokemon to the OU metagame. I think of the DW counterparts as "beta versions" of Keldeo & Meloetta.

I'm particularly excited to see how move tutors will effect the actual metagame; my eye's on Klinklang in particular since if it gets Superpower, that thing's gonna be nasty since the only thing keeping it from the higher tiers is it's inability to handle Steel-types. Haxorus is another one should it get Fire Punch since that eliminates Skarmory & Scizor and at the same time, it can break Heatran's Balloon with Fire Punch (Mold Breaker) and KO it with EQ instead of having to Outrage like most Dragons. It would be interesting to see what happens to the Double Dance set's popularity with Haxorus having 3 coverage moves rather than the 2. Conkeldurr is yet another one to keep an eye out for as Ice Punch and Iron Fist would make that thing a nightmare for current OU teams. There's also the possibility of Thunderpunch Darmanitan which would scare the hair off of Politoed due to it being Sheer Force-boosted. Cofagrigus could get Pain Split. Sawk could get Ice Punch & Fire Punch which would be Fighting, Rock, Ice, & Fire coverage with Sturdy. There's a lot of Unova Pokemon that seem to be missing one move that would make them way better than they currently are; that was definitely my biggest issue with 5th Gen Pokemon and I hope BW2 has tutors to remedy that a bit.

Well yeah, they're PROGRAMMED into BW, but there's still no way to get Meloetta, Keldeo, or Genesect, in-game, WiFi, event download, or otherwise. I wouldn't exactly consider them available. And they won't be until BW2 is out. Is it too much of a stretch to think that maybe Nintendo/Gamefreak intended for these Pokemon to premier in BW2, and the only reason they're in the BW dex is so kiddies don't wonder "how come I can't trade my Meloetta to BW?"

Well, about the "7" formes introduced...

The thing about Meloetta is that it's forme is actually in BW, and is not exclusive to BW2 like Kyurem's or Keldeo's. It's true that Meloetta will be distributed at the time of BW2, but it and it's formes have been there all along. Meloetta can't really be considered part of the "overdone new formes," because of this.

Bottom line, BW2 is really introducing only 6 completely new formes.

That's fair. Kind of a pointless argument anyway, haha. 2 weeks until we know everything though.
2 weeks until the game drops. It takes play-asia shipping 5 days to arrive. Knowing the internet, a "you-know-what" will surface a couple days before that and hopefully data-rips from the game for pokemon movepools will come once people pick the game appart, but it'll take us at least a couple weeks to gather information on mechanics and another two weeks or more before PO updates or maybe less depending on how much help Coyote has this time around. And then there's Dream World and the Dream Radar which means we'll have to know every single DW Pokemon released via those method.

So we should be playing BW2 on PO by late July. But as for just knowing "all" the info, that'll probably be known a couple weeks after the game drops minus maybe Dream World stuff.

Honestly the storyline of BW2, if it includes smartly all the new formes, should be incredibly good > it is unique as hell and might actually prove to be something worth buying (i never buy the second games because same story over again (essentially))

Keldeo getting a new forme makes sense; since its Usual Forme is childlike, and the other three Musketeers raised it, it's only logical that there be a more grown-up forme for the lil' guy akin to the other three. Following that logic, it seems highly improbable that Terrakion, Virizion, and Colbalion will receive new formes as well, for they're already complete as beings (as Professor Rowan might say).

All that said, I seriously don't get how anyone could complain over 'mons getting new formes. Sure, the recent frequency detracts from the specialness a tad, but that's no reason for all this complaining I see. I for one welcome any and all new additional Pokémon/formes with open arms! :D

Keldeo getting a new forme makes sense; since its Usual Forme is childlike, and the other three Musketeers raised it, it's only logical that there be a more grown-up forme for the lil' guy akin to the other three. Following that logic, it seems highly improbable that Terrakion, Virizion, and Colbalion will receive new formes as well, for they're already complete as beings (as Professor Rowan might say).

All that said, I seriously don't get how anyone could complain over 'mons getting new formes. Sure, the recent frequency detracts from the specialness a tad, but that's no reason for all this complaining I see. I for one welcome any and all new additional Pokémon/formes with open arms! :D
There's an idea... Keldeo in BW2 would be three(?) years older than it is in BW. For real life horses, that's about the right amount of time for a foal to reach maturity. That's a perfectly logical reason for him to look different this time around... I mean hey, they did it for Cheren and Bianca haha. Let's hope Gamefreak uses that story instead of "put Keldeo near this rock and he changes form!"

It's probably the feathers in his hair that make him change form if they are from the other 3 musketeers.

If you look at his face, he doesn't seem any "older"; his horn grew and his hair got- well actually his..."hat" keeping his hair up got smaller and his hair flows down because of it. You can tell in the pic that his neck seems the same length as before also.

Besides, finding resolution doesn't mean growing up. The new form is probably gained from training with the other 3 musketeers who are much older and wiser than Keldeo just like the the original 3 Musketeers were older and wiser than d'Artagnan and taught him their ways and skills. I wouldn't be surprised if Resolute Keldeo ends up with Iron Head, Giga Drain, and Rock Slide through Heart Scale Tutor because of it. (Or Metal Burst, Leaf Blade, and Stone Edge) It might end up with lowered Special Attack but higher Attack, Defense, & Sp.Def.

I guess we'll know soon enough.

My theory is that as long as Keldeo has Secret Sword in its moveset it'll be in Resolute form. Bigger horn/secret sword...makes sense to me. The multi-colored feathers are probably a reference to the fact that it's tutored the move by the other musketeers. I also think that it could pick up moves from the others by heart scale.

My theory is that as long as Keldeo has Secret Sword in its moveset it'll be in Resolute form. Bigger horn/secret sword...makes sense to me. The multi-colored feathers are probably a reference to the fact that it's tutored the move by the other musketeers. I also think that it could pick up moves from the others by heart scale.

It's not going to be that, or at least it'll need more than that as Keldeo can be taught Secret Sword in B/W.

It's not going to be that, or at least it'll need more than that as Keldeo can be taught Secret Sword in B/W.

Its not unprecedented, remember lickitung could learn roll out before dppt but only needed it to evolve. And keldeo was never really "in" b/w officially.

Oh yeah come to daddy.... man, I get way to excited about this leaked japanese magazine.....

Ps. Sangi Town? Do we know of that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back