ORAS LC What does Pokemon evolve Vullaby?

I'm new to LC, but have been looking at some of the resources from the room. It's a fun tier that's fast paced, and i built this offense team to reflect what I've learnt from the Guide in the LC room's intro and playing on the ladder. It's not the best but I'm new, so i think it's a good start.

Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
Level: 5
EVs: 196 Atk / 12 Def / 116 SpA / 180 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Overheat
- Return

Fletchling is a really strong sweeper in LC which can support itself and helps beat a lot of faster threats to the team. 15 speed plus Return allows me to SD once on Chinchou's switch in, then kill it in 1 hit if Stealth Rocks are up and it's Berry juice. Return also kills Elekid usually. Overheat allows for steels to be dealt with and means that the only things that beat Fletchling are shell smashers. FLetchling also means that Sticky Web isn't an issue for my team.

Abra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Abra was another pokemon that I saw in the LC list that looked fun and good. This pokemon prevents my team from being swept by basically anything other than Shellder. Dazzling Gleam makes Vullaby and other dark types unable to switch in well if they predict Psychic. Hidden Power Ground hits annoying Stunkies on the switch.

Amaura @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 36 Def / 220 SpA / 12 SpD / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Hyper Beam

This was originally a but Drifloon is an annoying balloon. Amaura replaced Ponyta to kill the balloons with Hyper Voice, even behind Substitutes (thank you LC room!). Earth Power gives Amura great coverage, especially with Ancient Power. Hyper Beam nukes anything annoying to me, like Porygon or Spritzee or Ferroseed.

Snubbull @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thief
- Play Rough
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

Ponyta is an alloying pokemon, so Snubbull has heal bell to heal the burns it spreads. I chose snubbull to make Timburr and Scraggy not annoying at all, while giving the team a switch into physical attackers other than Pawniard. Thunder wave is a cool move that allows me to play badly. Play Rough abuses the large attack stat, and Thief covers the annoying Knock Offs that always hit Snubbull. Diglett can be annoying to Snubbull though.

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

Mienfoo revenges Pawniard and many things because it is fast and strong. Regenerator means that I can miss Jump Kicks and heal them off. I use Jump Kick over High Jump Kick because I hate missing. This is also why I have Rock Slide, which can also flinch constantly because Mienfoo is so fast. U-turn makes Mienfoo really good at forcing things out but giving me switch advantage. Knock Off makes my team much better at breaking through things.

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

I needed stealth rock so my team could really be good offensively. Pawniard is also a great pokemon and is able to switch into Fletchling allowing Amaura to save its health. Pawniard also makes Amaura have an easier time busting through its checks, and gives the team a good counter to porygons and Snubbulls.

Importable:
Fletchling
EVs: 196 Atk / 12 Def / 116 SpA / 180 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Overheat
- Return

Abra @ Focus Sash
EVs: 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Amaura @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 36 Def / 220 SpA / 12 SpD / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Hyper Beam

Snubbull @ Berry Juice
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thief
- Play Rough
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
Shout out to the smogon captcha for the title.
Edit: how do I add sprites?

Last edited:
Hm.

The first change I'd suggest is Shadow Ball or Energy Ball>Protect on Abra. Protect has little to no use on Abra, and what little use it does have is much less than being able to smack Chinchou or Pumpkaboo harder. Scouting isn't useful on a mon who can't take a hit otherwise. The second change I'd suggest is High Jump Kick>Jump Kick on Meinfoo. 5 Less less accuracy is not worth 30 power- it just isn't the difference in power is just staggering. If you want a fighting STAB that doesn't miss, you could try Drain Punch>Rock Slide on Meinfoo. While on paper Rcok Slide hits flying types, the two most common ones being fletch and Drifloon, which are both hit harder by High Jump Kick and Knock Off respectively. However, rock slide is good for hitting Larvesta, which your team can struggle with, especially if Amaura is locked into an ice STAB. I'm not a particularly avid little cup player, and I'm sure someone else could clean up the team a little better, but I thought I'd address some issues with the sets.

Good luck with future battles!

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello and welcome to LC! That's genuinely not a bad team for starting in a tier, though it does have plenty of issues, mostly with switching in on Magnemite, Pawniard, Abra, or Gastly. Your team also has so much speed and priority that some of your sets are really unsynergetic and in some cases unneeded.

First of all, Fletchling has a slightly unoptimized EV spread, and therefore Fletchling's EV spread should be switch to 76 HP / 196 Atk / 12 Def / 36 SpA / 180 Spe over your current spread. This allows Fletchling to better take rogue Fake Outs or other priorities while still maintaining good health numbers for SR switch ins. Secondly, I have never been convinced of the effectiveness of Return Fletchling, as it depends on their team using BJ Chinchou while making your team less prepared for other variants or is simply not needed because your team handles Chinchou quite well. With your lack of Rapid Spin support and few safe switch ins to Chinchou, it does make some sense however. Roost is also an option to consider though, importantly to allow Fletchling to come in several times and revenge kill many threats.

Fletchling
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 12 Def / 36 SpA / 180 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Overheat
- Return

Now to fix the issue of switching into Pawniard, Mienfoo should switch from your current set to Fast Eviolite set. This allows for Mienfoo to better spread Knock Offs, and allows for your set to have more flexibility. I think that you should give either Rock Tomb or Stone Edge Mienfoo a chance, as both give your team a much more effective lure to Ponyta. Stone Edge is a 2HKO while Rock Tomb needs SR or itemless Ponyta to do so, this allows for Pawniard and Snubbull to more easily deal with Ponyta. Ponyta can always live a Stone Edge and burn Mienfoo allowing it to win 1v1, and most often Stealth Rocks will be needed for Mienfoo to actually kill Ponyta. High Jump Kick should also be used over Jump Kick for more damage, plus both moves miss almost the same amount anyway (both still suck to miss!).

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Stone Edge / Rock Tomb
- Knock Off

Now Snubbull does not need both Thunder Wave and Heal Bell, especially considering it is your only slow pokemon. Due to your team being Ponyta and Scald bait while having high speed and several forms of priority, I will say Heal Bell is the more important of the two moves. Because of your general lack of a need for Thunder Wave support, Earthquake should be run over Thunder Wave for hitting Pawniard, Ponyta, and Magnemite harder and generally abusing its high attack much more effectively. However, your current spread is nonoptimal as well, especially since, as you noted, you can be sometimes trapped by a Diglett. Switch Snubbull to an EV spread of 36 HP / 116 Atk / 196 Def / 36 SpD / 116 Spe over your current spread as this gives Snubbull the same rolls versus basically every pokemon while giving it enough bulk to never be trapped by Diglett, unless they crit. This also mean Snubbull is more able to get off its Heal Bells.

Snubbull @ Berry Juice
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Atk / 196 Def / 36 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thief
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Heal Bell

The last change really depends on how useful Protect has been for you; if the answer is not very, try Knock Off over Protect which gets Porygon weakened for Abra and Fletching later on. And though I don't know if this changes any rolls, add 36 attack EVs to Abra--you have them to spare anyway

Abra @ Focus Sash
EVs: 36 Atk / 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Knock Off

Hope you enjoy LC! Cheers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)