uu team of mass destruction

Hello and welcome to my new uu team. I've been battling competitively since Hoenn but i am new to posting on smogon. Im looking forward to all your critiques and help so thanks!

Team Building

I decided to found this team around weavile. when i heard weavile may be falling to uu, i immediately started thinking up move sets. Weavile has many options to choose from and i decided the moveset is chose would be the best for sweeping.

I Then chose to put Nidoking on this team because i covers Weaviles weaknesses to fighting, rock, steel, and bug. the fire weakness is coveredd ny a latter team member. this Nidoking was just for covering weavile, so i made him an all out attacker not thurougly thinking of a strategy.

You may have noticed stunfisk is moving. It's because stunfisk rocks. I know having two teammates bad against water ground and ice is a terrible idea, but stunfisk gets me a minimum of two kills a match, one time getting five kills before a banded landurus used earthquake and ruined a possible 6-0. Anyway, That is the reason i keep him on the team and he doesn't interfere with the team at all.

Next is Altaria. this is my first attempt at a dragon type because personally i think they are cheap, besides this one, flygon, kingdra and druddigon. My Altaria is more or less a bulky sweeper under the right cirumstances. Altaria resists fire aimed at Weavile, Water at Nidoking and Stunfisk and grass towards stunfisk. she can be very deadly if the opponent allows me to set up and is a great asset to this team

After reviewing my team thus far, i realized i was royaly screwed if and ice type appeared. with that in mind, i scouted for a bulky rock type that could also deal some damage. Sudowoodo! sudowoodo resists ice which otherwise would do 4x to Altaria and 2x to nidoking and stunfisk. My sudowoodo has nice coverage and goes out with a *chuckle*... bang.

Lastly i wanted a specially defensive water pokemon. Mantine is a great candidate and resists fire, grass, bug, fighting, AND absorbs water. What happened to remoraid? whatever.

A closer look:

Weavile@ focus sash
Jolly-pressure
4/hp 252/attack 252/speed
swords dance
ice shard
brick break
pursuit/night slash

Weavile has great stats in speed and attack, but is very frail. focus sash guarentees a swords dance gets up and weavile is faster than just about everything in uu so it can sweep freely. ice shard is still very strong wit STAB and swords dance and weavile's already massive power, brick break can get weakened rock/steel types that would otherwise put a damper on sweeping. i cant decide between night slash for more power or pursuit for fleeing foes.

Nidoking@ Life orb
Adamant-rivalry (male)
252/hp 252/attack 4/speed
poison jab
earthquake
head smash
sucker punch

Once again Nidoking was only here to aid weavile, but he works fine this way getting at least one kill each match. poison jab and earthquake are STAB and powerful, head smash does immense damage paired with life orb but gives terrible recoil. and when nido's reign of terrors comes to an end, sucker punch will assure they wont forget the once king of pokemon. your spirit lives on king.

STUNFISK@ leftovers
relaxed-static
252/hp 192/def 64/sp def
thunderbolt
surf
rest
sleeptalk

mmm. m-m-m-m-mm. stunfisk. thunderbolt is great STAB, i use surf over earth power because another landurus or a gliscor could wall me, plus surf takes care of other ground types and the rock that i switch him in for instead of weavile. resttalk works extreemly well with stunfisk and i am quite pleased with his smiling troll face.

Altaria@ leftovers
modest-natural cure
252/hp 128/attack 64/def 64/speed
cotton guard
roost
dragon dance
dragon claw

Well, Altaria resists a lot of stuff that otherwise would ruin my team which i explained earlier. cottom guard "drastically" raises defense by three stages, then i use dragon dance to raise those stats for sweeping and then proceed to do so with dragon claw.

sudowoodo@ expert belt
adamant-rock head
4/hp 252/attack 252/def
wood hammer
stone edge
sucker punch
explosion

well sudowoodo was just here to resist the ice damage that cripples my team. but when i started looking for a set i found he could actually be useful. wood hammer takes care of other rock types that could wall sudowoodo, stone edge is his main attacking move for STAB, and since he is very very very slow he needs sucker punch for priority. and when he gets weak he can always explode to take out whoever he's versing.

Mantine@ ?
modest-water absorb
252/hp 252/sp def 4/def
toxic
surf
mirror coat
ice beam

this is just my special defensive wall who can deal some damage. nothing much to say here but i still need an item so if i can have any help with that it'd be great. Thanks!
EDIT: Mantine has not been working out too well and I could use a replacement. Mantine doesnt serve a purpose on this team and could easily be replaced.

Bump
I also have a "surprise" weezing that is specially based that could replace nidoking-

Weezing@black sludge
Hardy-levitate
252/sp attack 252/sp def 4/speed
Thunderbolt
Sludge bomb
Explosion/pain split
wil-o-wisp/pain split

I use thunderbolt to take care of water types that I dont have a lot of coverage for at the moment. I want pain split because I have little if not any hp IVs to help them as litle as possible but I don't know what to get rid of. Keep in mind I still need a replacement for mantine. Thanks!

Even with Weezing's unusually large movepool he is inferior to nidoking in terms of attacking. Weezing is better left to a defensive spot... Just because a pokemon may be a surprise doesn't mean that it's good.

Weavile- fine no major problems that I can see here.
Nidoking-change Rivalry to Sheer Force
Stunfisk- ummmm....????
Altaria- having 2 boosting moves on one set isn't a good idea. and Registeel laughs at Altaria. Cotton guard bosts are ignored since most sets use seismic toss. And all of those boossts that Altaria has aquired will be lost since she will have to switch out. I reccommend this set that can severely hurt steels when they switch into Altaria. I made this set myself(sure there are other people who thought of this but I just thought this set would be a good idea).

Altaria @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
EVs:252 Hp/ 4 Def/ 252 Sp.D
-Cotton guard
-Toxic
-Flamethrower
-Roost

I just made this set and thought it would work very nicely. This set uses a ToxiRoost strategy. Altaria will lure in steel types and she can hurt them badly with Flamethrower. With max Special Defense and Hp plus a Cotton Guard boost Altaria becomes the ultimate wall.

Sudowoodo- I don't see him very much... He will be a surprise for your opponent, but I don't have enough experience with him to know if he is good or not.
Mantine- I saw you needed a replacement for him and since Altaria takes Mantine's role you can use a more offensive poke and this is the one I reccomend that has a nifty X4 resistance to ice moves that your team could use.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 Hp/ 4 Def/ 252 Sp.A
-Stealth rock
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power [Electric]

Empoleon is a very good special attacker and is a big surprise to teams that think he has more of a supporting role or a physical role. Stealth rock is always very good to have. Hidden Power Electric hurts Bulky waters that try to wall Empoleon such as Milotic really badly. Scald makes Empoleon a little more bulky which helps(surf can take Scald's place if you want. I personally use this set and it does really well.

Overall, it's a really good team but it just needs a few adjustments. Also, if you do go with Empoleon it leaves you with a major ground weakness so if you were to replace anyone next I would replace Sudowoodo or Stunfisk(sorry he isn't that great). that's all I have for your team.

Thanks for the advice. That altaria set looks really good and I'm working on It now. I think that Empoleon looks great for my team but gives me three pokemon weak to fighting and four to ground, but maybe I could bare to let go of stunfisk for maybe a ghost with levitate, giving a safe switch into fighting moves and ground. Empoleon could resist ghost and dark so they match up pretty well. How about a nasty plot mismagius?

After reviewing my team thus far, i realized i was royaly screwed if and ice type appeared. with that in mind, i scouted for a bulky rock type that could also deal some damage. Sudowoodo! sudowoodo resists ice which otherwise would do 4x to Altaria and 2x to nidoking and stunfisk. My sudowoodo has nice coverage and goes out with a *chuckle*... bang.
*Facepalm*

A little hint for you, go check a type-effectiveness chart somewhere. I think you might be better off with a fire-,water-, or steel-type.

Yea I didn't fully think that through, but saxon5 just recommended an Empoleon which is water AND steel and will really help

I think just a regular Mismagius because you would then have 3 boosting pokemon which is a little risky since half of your team would require setting-up. You could use this set which makes Mismagius able to break walls.

Mismagius @ Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 Hp/252 Sp. A/ 252 Spe
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power [Fighting Or Ground]
-Thunderbolt
-Trick

This is a basic choice set from Gen IV. If you want a Revenge Killer, use the Choice Scarf. If you want Mismagius to hit like a truck, use Choice Specs. It's basically your preferance. Use Hidden power fighting if you use Choice Scarf (Mamo, Weavile, etc.) and If you use Choice Specs use hidden power ground. I also agree with what was said above about Sudowoodo :/

My reason for thinking rock resists ice
Steel beats rock. Steel resists rock
Steel beats ice. Steel resists ice
Rock beats ice. Rock resists ice????

Guess not :/

Anyway that mismagius looks fun. I'll give it a try. Once again thanks for your input guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)