Tyranitar (QC 3/3) (GP 2/2) ready for upload

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tyranitar

[Overview]

<p>Tyranitar is possibly the best weather summoner in Doubles due not only to its ability to check some of the best Pokemon the metagame has to offer, such as Cresselia and Thundurus, but also because of its amazing movepool. Tyranitar has many powerful attacks such as Crunch, Rock Slide, and Fire Blast. The main problem that Tyranitar faces is its less then stellar defensive typing, as being 4x weak to Fighting-type moves in Doubles is a very bad thing with threats such as Hitmontop being prominent. Despite its glaring weakness to Fighting-types, Tyranitar's phenomenal special bulk complemented with its high offensive stats makes it a versatile special tank in Doubles.</p>

[SET]
name: Special Tank
move 1: Rock Slide
move 2: Crunch / Fire Blast
move 3: Low Kick
move 4: Protect
item: Chople Berry
ability: Sand Stream
evs: 252 HP / 220 Atk / 36 Def
nature: Brave / Adamant
ivs: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Rock Slide is standard on any set Tyranitar will run; as a powerful spread move with STAB, it lets Tyranitar deal with many common Pokemon in the Doubles metagame. Crunch is used as a single target move that hits foes extremely hard; however, Fire Blast is also a viable, as Tyranitar will have trouble hurting Pokemon such as Ferrothorn and Scizor without it. Low Kick is used to OHKO Pokemon such as Bisharp and other Tyranitar, and also 2HKO very prominent threats such as Hydregion.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Winning the weather war is just as, if not more, important in Doubles than it is in Singles. As Tyranitar is going to be slower then most Pokemon, you might as well take advantage of its less-than- stellar Speed stat. By using a Brave nature with 0 IVs in Speed, Tyranitar will win the weather war 100% of the time (at least initially). As for the EV spread, 36 EVs are used in Defense so that Tyranitar can survive a unboosted Meteor Mash from Metagross.</p>

<p> Chople Berry is the best choice of item for this set, as Tyranitar has a very exploitable weakness to Fighting-type attacks that Pokemon such as Breloom and Hitmontop can easily take advantage of otherwise. Tyranitar is excellent at supporting its teammates thanks to its amazing ability Sand Stream. Sandstorm alone provides great support for Pokemon such as Excadrill and Landorus, making them feared sweepers, but it also gives Rock-type Pokemon a 50% boost to their Special Defense stat, meaning that Pokemon such as Terrakion will be able to live a super effective Psychic-type attack from Cresselia or Latios. As good a teammate as Tyranitar can be, it needs help as well. Due to its 4x weakness to Fighting-type attacks, fast Psychic-types such Latios and Latias make good teammates. Rain is also a very large problem that Tyranitar cannot deal with alone. Pokemon such as Rotom-W, Thundurus, Breloom, and Gastrodon all help with the removal of common rain sweepers.</p>

<p>There are a few other moves that Tyranitar could run as well. For example Stone Edge, a single-target attack, is far more powerful than Rock Slide and isn't stopped by Wide Guard. If the accuracy of Fire Blast is something the causes you to shy away from using it, Flamethrower can be used in its place. Though not as strong, it won't miss at a crucial moment in the match. Finally, Substitute can be used to shield Tyranitar from Fighting-type attacks. Because its so slow, Tyranitar will need a free turn to set one up, so Fake Out users such as Hitmontop and Scrafty are good partners. It's also recommended to use Leftovers on Tyranitar when using Substitute, as Chople Berry will then be wasted item slot.</p>

[SET]
name: Choice Scarf
move 2: Crunch
move 3: Superpower / Low Kick
move 4: Fire Blast / Ice Beam
item: Choice Scarf
nature: Naive
evs: 76 HP / 182 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Choice Scarf Tyranitar is one of the biggest threats in Doubles. Not only does it support its team with sand, but it's fast enough to damage opponents before getting damaged itself. Rock Slide is the main move on the set, allowing Tyranitar to hit both opponents and also giving it an opportunity to flinch them. Crunch is the secondary STAB move, offering a way to hit Cresselia, Latios, and Latias hard. The Superpower vs Low Kick decision is up to you. Superpower hits Pokemon such as Hydreigion for an OHKO while Low Kick is a 2HKO, but Superpower also lowers Tyranitar's Attack and Defense stats every time it's used. Low Kick is a safer, weaker option, but it stops you from worrying about Tyranitar's stats being lowered. Fire Blast allows Tyranitar to hit Steel-type Pokemon such as Ferrothorn or Scizor for super effective damage, while Ice Beam hits a few Pokemon harder then Rock Slide would. Factoring in Intimidate, Ice Beam covers Tyranitar's weakness to Salamence and Landorus-T.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>76 EVs in HP let Tyranitar live a +1 Bullet Punch from Scizor 100% of the time, and max Speed allows it to outspeed base 111s, most notably Thundurus. The remaining EVs are put into Attack to let Tyranitar do as much damage as possible.

Tyranitar can use Earthquake on this set as well; it's an alternate spread move, though it's not as strong as Tyranitar would like it to be and it also comes with the risk of hitting Tyranitar's teammates. Stone Edge is stronger then Rock Slide is a single-target move, though it has worse accuracy. The benefit that Stone Edge brings is the ability to still hit Pokemon when an opponent uses Wide Guard. Fire Punch shouldn't be used becuase Fire Blast from an uninvested Special Attack still does more damage with this spread and, with Intimidate being such a commonly used ability, it's likely that Tyranitar's Attack will be lowered.</p>

<p>Tyranitar's main goal with this set is to be faster than its opponents; the only problem with that is that it means Tyranitar's going to lose the initial weather war. This means that teammates that help deal with opposing weather are crucial to ensure victory. Because rain is going to be a large problem, Pokemon such a Thundurus and Rotom-W can paralyze and take little damage from most Pokemon commonly used in rain are very useful. Gastrodon can't be touched by any Water-type attack, making it a good choice. Defiant Tornadus deserves a special mention as it directly counters all Intimidate users and Fighting-type Pokemon at the same time. Landorus, Hitmontop, Scrafty, Gyarados, and Salamence cannot switch in freely like they otherwise would be able to with it on the field.</p>

[SET]
name: Focus Sash
move 3: Low Kick / Superpower
item: Focus Sash
nature: Naive / Jolly
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Focus Sash Tyranitar is used to beat some of Tyranitar's usual counters. Being able to live any immediate hit, it can strike back with something just as powerful. Rock Slide is the main STAB move on this set because it allows Tyrantar to hit the opposition hard. Crunch is used to hit Psychic-types, such as Cresselia, Latias, and Latios, Ghost-types, such as Jellicent and Chandelure, for super effective damage. Low Kick allows Tyranitar to beat opposing Tyranitar and a Pokemon it would normally lose to: Terrakion. Superpower can also be used to hit some Pokemon harder but at the risk of lowering Tyranitar's Attack and Defense every time it's used.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Tyranitar is a creature of the sand and it's not a fan of being in anything else. Rain teams are always a problem for faster variants of Tyranitar, so you need to build your team accordingly. Pokemon that are hard counter to rain are very good partners for a faster Tyranitar; Pokemon such as Thundurus, Rotom-W, Gastrodon, and Breloom are all excellent choices and stop rain in multiple ways. Tyranitar also brings a weather of its own to the field, so we cannot forget about Pokemon such Excadrill and Landorus, who both benefit greatly from Sandstorm support.</p>

<p>Focus Sash opens up many different possibilities for Tyranitar, the first of which is Dragon Dance. Dragon Dance boosts Tyranitar's Attack and Speed at the same time, making it as fast as the Choice Scarf set but with the ability to switch moves and deal serious damage. Counter can be used on this set as well, letting Tyranitar deal serious damage if a predicted physical hit comes its way. Stone Edge can be used in place of Rock Slide as a more powerful, single-target attack.

[Other Options]

<p>Tyranitar doesn't only bring sand to the battlefield; it can also support its teammates in other ways. Tyranitar gets some very appealing support moves that don't see much use. Thunder Wave can help with Speed control, something every team benefits from. Roar and Dragon Tail both have higher priorities than Trick Room, and could be used as a way to stop the opposition from getting it up. Stone Edge could be used in conjunction with Rock Slide to give Tyranitar the ability to hit for spread damage and also avoid Wide Guard problems at the expense of some coverage. Finally, Tyranitar gets access to Taunt, a move that can be used to shut down Pokemon such Togekiss and Cresselia and stop them from supporting their teammates. A Dark or Rock Gem could be used over Focus Sash to pick up OHKOs Tyranitar normally wouldn't be able to. Unnerve Tyranitar can stop Pokemon from eating resistance berries, ensuring that it and its teammates can get KOs on Pokemon that would otherwise survive.</p>

[Checks and Counters ]

<p>Tyranitar has a few major counters that it has problems dealing with. Firstly, Fighting-type Pokemon such as Terrakion, Breloom, and Conkeldurr are a major issue. They all have the ability to hit Tyranitar for 4x damage, which isn't good. Intimidate users are another large problem for it. Pokemon such Hitmontop, Landorus-T, and Scrafty can all lower Tyranitar's Attack, forcing it to rely on special attacks to deal damage. Hitmontop also gets Wide Guard, which stops Rock Slide cold. The final major problem Tyranitar faces is Ground-types, such as Garchomp. Opposing sand sweepers with Sand Force, such as Excadrill and Landorus, are especially threatening, due their boosted Earthquakes.</p>

<p>One of the problems Tyranitar faces that isn't as fatal as the above is rain. Tyranitar can keep weather on its side in some cases, but in others rain can be up and be very problematic. Pokemon such as Politoed, Kingdra, and Ludicolo will all have boosted STABs thanks to the rain. Toxicroak is aslo a common Pokemon on rain teams that can switch in on Tyranitar with impunity. Rotom-W is another Water-type bulky enough to switch in and threaten Tyranitar out.</p>

<p>Finally, Pokemon with powerful STABs such Jirachi, Scizor, Bisharp, Metagross, Escavalier, and Gesesect can all hit Tyranitar for heavy damage depending its set. However, If Tyranitar is carrying Fire Blast, it does handle these Pokemon fairly easily, but they should be accounted for.</p>

[Overview]

• The best weather summoner
  • Very good with common threats
  • Excellent move pool
  • Not exactly the greatest typing in the world
[Set]

Name: Standard tar
Move 1: Rock Slide
Move 2: Crunch / Fire Blast
Move 3: Low Kick
Move 4: Protect
Item: Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Atk / 36 Def
Nature: Brave / Adamant
IVS: 0 Spe

[Set Comments]

• Handles a lot of very common Pokemon like Cresselia and Thundrus-I
  • Low kick hits extremely hard against foes like Terrakion, Tyranitar and Hydregion
  • Fire blast hits steel types like Ferrothorn without having to worry about Intimidate
  • Slower then other weather summoners
  • Sand is great support for Pokemon like Excadrill
  • Chople helps with 4x weakness to Fighting and the ever common Hitmontop

[Additional Comments]

• A Swagger using teammate
  • Sub Tar

[Set]

Name: Scarf Tar
Move 2: Crunch
Move 3: Superpower / Low Kick
Move 4: Fire Blast / Ice Beam
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Naive
EVs: 76 HP / 182 Atk / 252 Spd

[Set Comments]

• Gotta go Fast
  • 76 HP lets you live a +1 Bullet punch from Scizor 100% of the time
  • Outruns base 111's (Thundurus-I)
  • Sand is still good support for teammates
  • Last move is up to you

[Additional Comments]
  • Stone Edge for more power
  • Earthquake to hit both opponents
  • Fire Punch from Jolly nature doesn't hit as hard as naive Fire Blast with 0 SpA

[Set]

Name: SashTar
Move 3: Low Kick / Superpower
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Naive / Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[Set Comments]
  • Rock Slide for main STAB
  • Crunch is another powerful STAB
  • Fire Blast for Scizor / Ferrothorn
  • Low kick hits some Pokemon harder + doesn't lower stats
  • Superpower doesn't need weight to hit hard, but lowers stats
  • Protect
  • Naive if Running Fire Blast
[Additional Comments]
  • Stone Edge for more power
  • Good teammates spew here
  • Flamethrower > blast if you're worried about accuracy
[Other Options]

• Twave
  • Focus Sash + Dragon Dance
  • Focus Sash + Counter
  • Unnerve
  • Choice Band
  • Taunt
  • Roar
  • Flamethower

[Checks and Counters]

• Hitmontop
  • Terrakion
  • Breloom
  • Metagross
  • Scizor
  • Landorus I and T
  • Mamoswine
  • Excadrill
  • Garchomp
  • Poli + Friends

Last edited:

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
For the first set: Why 30 Def EVs for Tyranitar? Why not maxed out attack and Adamant? Also, why is Brave slashed in for natures? Since Hitmontop can OHKO Tyranitar even with Chopple up, try to refrain from mentioning it as a reason to run Chople. Also, why did you not slash in Focus Sash, seeing as how it allows Tyranitar to avoid the OHKO from all fighting moves, including Hitmontop's Fighting Gem Close Combat?

For the second set: Does Stone Edge gain any KOs that make it worthwhile to use over Rock Slide? Why is Ice Beam mentioned, what does it kill that Rock Slide, Crunch, and Superpower cannot? In addition, seeing as how Earthquake also hits your own team, is there any real reason to use it over Rock Slide, seeing as how Rock Slide is far better as a spread attack option for Tyranitar?

For Other Options: I would mention Taunt, as well as the possibility of Special Attacker Tyranitar.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Stone Edge is not to net any KOs, is to net hits against Wide Guard users...
Earthquake has perfect accuracy, doesn't hit some teammates, you have Protect and hits much harder some foes like Excadrill and Heatran and other Fire-types like weather enemy Ninetales, which is pretty relevant.

I agree on Taunt as an AC or other option to shut down Trick Room teams, though.

Last edited:

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Added taunt to OO
special attacks are just better then the generic fire punches as i mentioned in the skeleton

I find the EV Spreads a bit iffy, 252+ Atk is something I really think the standard set needs, I would pull EVs from HP if the defensive investment is really that important. I also feel that mixed Scarf should be more of an OO, and a physical set should be the main one. Additionally, the standard set should have Fire Blast slashed over Low Kick, Crunch is generally a big part of Tyranitar, allowing it to hammer through Cresselia, while Low Kick is less important, and Fire Blast provides fairly similar coverage anyways. The Scarf also does not need max speed investment to beat 111's, it only needs 228 EVs, so I would recommend a spread of 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe, and if more bulk is needed, take it out of attack from there. I'll give my approval seal if these changes (mostly the Fire Blast and Scarf EV related ones) are made.

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
But if you pull EVs from HP to Def, it doesn't accomplish the same, throwing away valuable special bulk :/

Laga

Forever Grande
Standard Tar needs to be Brave so it underspeeds Quiet Poltioed, and isn't outspeeding jack shit anyway. Change that, and then start writing the bad boy up :]

QC Approved 2/3

OO could see DDance Tar, as it is completely viable, though it loses a coverage move. Sash on it would be a good idea too.

Comprehension Check

Laga

Forever Grande
yeah, you made the same mistake as i did earlier... I did it twice.

Eggy already has Focus Sash DD in OO :|

i'd like to see sash as a set (not just sash dd). its kinda the best of both worlds kinda set since its pretty fast and can still live hits. something like

Name: SashTar
Move 3: Low Kick / Superpower
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Naive / Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

also mention flamethrower in oo. might not kill loom with a -spa nature but it doesn't miss. mention earthquake somewhere on (or oo, really) scarf/sash sets too for heatran/terrakion as well as the fact that its a neat spread move.

e: also i would like the standard set to be called 'Stantar-d'

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
just dropping in quickly to suggest Focus Sash + Counter as an OO (or AC option for Lucariojr's SashTar)

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've seen this happen in more than one analysis so far, so i'll start warning now - the Checks and Counters section is very skimpy. It should not simply be a one block of text with all the checks and counters dumped in it. You should divide the checks and counters into more than 1 paragraph, classifying each paragraph in some degree.

example:

first para - Major Counters (Fighting-types, Ground-types)
  • Intimidate users (Scrafty, Hitmontop, Landorus-T)
  • Sand Sweepers (Opposing Excadrill / Landorus)
  • Mach Punch (Breloom / Conkeldurr)
second para - Softer Counters (Water-types, Grass-types)
  • Rain Teams (Politoed / Kingdra / Ludicolo / Toxicroak)
  • Gastrodon
third para -situational checks (steel-types vs TTar without FB or with Occa)
  • non-situational (Metagross, Jirachi)
  • situational (Scizor, Genesect, Bisharp)

Note that I didn't list all Pokemon under the bullet points that you should list. I'm just giving you a starting point

tehy

Banned deucer.
Amcheck here

[Overview]

<p>Tyranitar is possibly the best weather summoner in doubles. Not only due to its ability to check some of the best Pokemon the Doubles metagame has to offer, such as Cresselia and Thundurus, but also because of hits amazing movepool. Tyranitar has many powerful attacks such as Crunch, Rock Slide, and Fire Blast. The main problem that Tyranitar faces is its less then stellar defensive typing, as being 4x weak to Fighting-type moves in Doubles is a very bad thing, with common threats such as Hitmontop being prominent in Doubles. Despite the glaring weakness to Fighting-types, Tyranitar's phenomenal special bulk complemented with its high offensive stats makes forit a versatile special tank in Doubles.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Rock Slide is the standard on any set Tyranitar will run. As a powerful spread move with STAB, it lets Tyranitar deal with many common Pokemon in the Doubles metagame. Crunch is used as a single target move that hits foes extremely hard. Fire Blast is also a viable option for Tyranitar to use, since it wont be awill have trouble to hurting Pokemon such as Ferrothorn and Scizor otherwise. The third moveslot is pretty basic, Low Kick is used to OHKO Pokemon such as Bisharp and other Tyranitar, and 2HKOes very prominent threats such as Hydregion. For the item on this set, Chople Berry is the best choice, as Tyranitar has a very exploitable weakness to Fighting-type attacks that Pokemon like Breloom and Hitmontop can exploit, and a Chople Berry will help keep those heavy hitters in check.</p></p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Winning the weather war is just as, if not more, important in Doubles than it is in OU. Since Tyranitar is not going to be faster then most Pokemon, you might as well take advantage of its less than stellar Speed stat. By using a Brave Nature with 0 IVs in Speed, you will win the weather war 100% of the time. As for the EV spread, 36 evEVs are taken out of the Attack stat so that Tyranitar can lsurvive a unboosted Meteor Mash from Metagross.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>
<p>Chople Berry is the best item on this set, as Tyranitar has a very exploitable weakness to Fighting-type attacks that Pokemon like Breloom and Hitmontop can exploit, and a Chople Berry will help keep those heavy hitters in check. Tyranitar is excellent at supporting its teammates thanks to its amazing ability Sand Stream. Sandstorm alone provides great support for Pokemon like Excadrill and Landorus, making them feared sweepers, but it also gives Rock-type Pokemon a 50% boost to their Special Defense stat, so Pokemon like Terrakion will be able to live a super effective Psychic-type attack from Cresselia or Latios. As good as a teammate Tyranitar can be, it needs help as well. Due to its 4x weakness to Fighting-type attacks, fast Psychic types such Latios and Latias make good teammates. Rain is also a very large problem that Tyranitar cannot deal with alone. Pokemon such as Rotom-W, Thundurus, Breloom, and Gastrodon all help with the removal of common rain sweepers.</p>

<p>There are a few other moves that Tyranitar could run in place of what is on the set. Stone Edge, a single target attack, is far more powerful and isn't stopped by Wide Guard using Pokemon. If the accuracy of Fire Blast is something the shiat causes you to shy you away from using it, Flamethrower can be used in its place, Though not as strong, Tyranitar won't miss an attack at a crucial moment in the match. Finally, Substitute can be used to shield Tyranitar from Fighting-type attacks. Since it's so slow, it will need free turns to set one up, but Fake Out users like Hitmontop, and Scrafty can help with that. It's also recommended to use Leftovers while using Substitute, since Chople Berry will be a wasted item slot.</p>

[Set]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Choice Scarf Tyranitar is one of the biggest threats in Doubles. Not only does it support its team with sand, but now it's fast enough to damage opponents before getting damaged. Rock Slide is the main move on the set, allowing Tyranitar to hit both opponents, but also giving an oppuortunity to flinch them. Crunch is the secondary STAB move, offering a way to hit Cresselia, Latios, and Latias hard. The Superpower vs Low Kick decision is up to you. Superpower hits Pokemon like Hydreigion for an OHKO whilell Low Kick is a 2HKO, but Superpopwer lowers your Attack and Defense stats every time it's used. Low Kick is a safer, weaker option, and you won't have to worry about your stats being lowered, but you will miss on a couple of OHKOs. Fire bBlast allows you to hit Steel-type Pokemon like Ferrothorn or Scizor for Ssuper Eeffective damage, whilell Ice Beam hits a few Pokemon harder then Rock Slide could. Factoring in Intimidate, Ice bBeam covers thatTyranitar's weakness againsto Salamence and Landorus-T. The</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>76
EV spread puts 76 into HP, letting Tyranitar live a +1 Bullet Punch from Scizor 100% of the time. M, while maximizing the Speed stat allows you to outspeed base 111's or, more notably, Thundurus. The remaining EVs are put into the aAttack stat to do as much damage as possible.</p>

[ADDITIONAL
COMMENTS]

<p>
Tyranitar can use Earthquake on this set as well. It; it's an alternative spread move, though not STABed and not as strong as Tyranitar would like it to be. I, and it also runs the risk of hitting your own teammates. Stone Edge is stronger then Rock Slide, and a single target move, andlthough it has worse accuracy then Rock Slide. The benefit that Stone Edge brings is the ability to still hit Pokemon while an opponent tries to use Wide Guard. Fire Punch shouldn't be used, while using this EV spread,ce Fire Blast from an uninvested Special Attack still does more damage then Fire Punch does with this spread, and with Intimidate being such a commonly used ability, its likely that Tyranitar's aAttack will be lowered, making Fire Punch weaker then it already is.</p>

<p>Tyranitar's main goal is to be faster than its opponents, and the only problem with this, that you're going to lose the weather war. Teammates that help deal with opposing weather are crucial to iensure victory. Since rain is going to be a large problem, Pokemon like Thundurus, and Rotom-W can Pparaliyze and take little damage from most Pokemon commonly used in rain. Gastrodon can't be touched be any Water-type attack, making it a good choice. Defiant Tornadus deserves a special mention as it directly counters all iIntimidate users and Fighting-type pPokemon at the same time. Landorus, Hitmontop, Scrafty, Gyarados, and Salamence can switich in freely like they otherwise would be able to.</p>

[Set]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Focus Sash Tyranitar is used to beat some of its own counters. Being able to live any immediate hit, it can strike back with something just as powerful. Rock Slide is the main stabSTAB of the set, as it allows Tyrantar to hit both targets with a powerful STAB move. Crunch is used to hit Psychic and Ghosts like Cresselia, Latias, Latios, Jellicent, and Chandelure for Ssuper Eeffective damage. Low Kick allows Tyranitar to beat opposing Tyranitar, and a Pokemon it would normally lose to, Terrakion. Superpower can also be used, at the risk of hiting some Pokemon harder, but at the risk of lowering Tyranitar's Attack and Defense every time it's used.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Tyranitar is a creature of the sand and it's not a fan of being in anything but. Rain teams are always a problem for faster varieants of Tyranitar, so you need to build teams accordingly. Pokemon that hard counter rain are very good to have with a faster Tyranitar, things like Thundurus, Rotom-W, Gastrodon and Breloom are all excellent choices and stop rain in multiple ways. Tyranitar aolso brings a weather of its own to the field, so we cannot forget about Pokemon like Excadrilla and Landorus, who both benefit greatly from Sandstorm support.</p>

<p>With Focus Sash as the item on the set, it opens up many different tricks for Tyranitar to utilise. T, the first of which is Dragon Dance. Dragon Dance is going to boost your Attack and Speed at the same time, making Tyrantiar as fast as the Choice Scarf set with the ability to switch moves and deal serious damage. Counter can be used on this set as well, letting it deal serious damage if a predicted physical hit comes its way. Stone Edge can be used in place of Rock Slide as a more powerful, single target attack.

[OTHER OPTIONS]

<p>Not only does Tyranitar bring sand to the battlefield, it can support its teammates in more than one way. Tyranitar gets some very appealing supporting moves that don't see much use. Thunderw Wave can help with Speed control, something every team benefits from. Roar and Dragont Tail both have priority higher than Trick Room, and could be used as a way to stop your opposition from getting Trick Room up. Stone Edge could be used in conjunction with Rock Slide so you have the ability to hit for spread damage and also avoid Wide Guard problems, at the expense of some coverage. For a different item choice, a Dark Gem, or a Rock Gem could be used to pick up OHKOs it normally wouldn't. Finally, Tyrantitar gets access to Taunt, a move that can be used to shut down Pokemon like Togekiss and Cresselia, and stop them from supporting their teammates. A option it has to use that isn't a move is a change in ability. Unnerve Tyranitar can stop Pokemon from eating resist berries, iensuring that Rock Slideit and your teammates moves can pick upget KOs on Pokemon expecting to live.</p>

[CHECKS AND COUNTERS]

<p>Tyranitar has a few major Ccounters that it would like to deal with. F, first of beingly Fighting-type Pokemone like Terrakion, Breloom, and Conkeldurr. They all have the ability to hit Tyranitar for 4x damage, which isn't good. Intimidate users are another large problem for it. Pokemon like Hitmontop, Landorus-T and Scrafty can all lower Tyranitar's aAttack, forcing it to rely on the special side to deal much damage. Hitmontop also gets Wide Guard, which stops Rock Slide cold. The final major problem Tyranitar faces are Ground-types, such as Garchomp. Opposing Sand Sweepers like Excadrill and Landorus-I are especially threatening, due to their powerful Earthquakes enhanced by Tyranitar's sand.</p>

<p>One of the problems Tyranitar faces that isn't as fatal as the above mentioned is Rain. Tyranitar can keep weather on its side in some cases, but in others rain can be up and be very problematic. Pokemon like Politoed, Kingdra, and Ludicolo will all have boosted STABs thanks to the rain. Toxicroak is also a common Rain userPokemon that can switch in on Tyranitar with impunity. Rotom-W is another Water-type bulky enough to switch in and threaten Tyranitar out.</p>

<p>Finally, Pokemon with powerful STABs like Jirachi, Scizor, Birsharp, Metagross, Escavalier, and Gesesect can all hit Tyranitar for heavy damage depending on the set. If Tyranitar is carrying Fire Blast it does manage these Pokemon fairly easily so they aren't to large of a problem, but they should be accounted for.</p>

The second paragraph of first set's set comments was basically just Ivs, Evs, and a bit about the weather war, which is pretty much AC stuff. I also moved the talk about Chople berry there, since that's where it goes. You also neglected to talk about Protect;I know it's obvious what it does but as of right now you're supposed to talk about it (Something I could see changing for doubles analyses specifically sometime down the road, actually.) I did a good deal more of that later on, too.
Comments:
I edited the part about Fire Blast a bit;since it has Rock Slide and Low Kick, it's not like it can't hurt them. Also, maybe say a bit about what Crunch/Rock slide hit specifically?
You don't talk about Protect, at all.
Wouldn't latios be Psyshocking Terrakion, as opposed to psychic'ing it?
If Defiant Tornadus doesn't directly fight weather (if it does mention it) then you're talking about it in the wrong place of Scarf AC, since that's where you talk about weather fighting teammates.
What up with the last sentence of scarf ac? Not even sure what it's saying
At the end....you mean, SE stabs?

@The Exeggutor done checking. Good job on writing this.
Additions in Blue
Subtractions in Red
Comments in Purple
[Overview]

<p>Tyranitar is possibly the best weather summoner in doubles Doubles. (remove period) Not not only due to its ability to check some of the best Pokemon the Doubles metagame has to offer such as Cresselia and Thundurus, (remove comma) but also because of its amazing movepool. Tyranitar has many powerful attacks such as Crunch, Rock Slide, and Fire Blast. The main problem that Tyranitar faces is its less then stellar defensive typing, as being 4x weak to Fighting-type moves in Doubles is a very bad thing with common threats such as Hitmontop being prominent in Doubles. Despite the glaring weakness to Fighting-types, Tyranitar's phenomenal special bulk complemented with its high offensive stats makes it a versatile special tank in Doubles.</p>

[SET]
(remove empty line)
(remove one of these empty lines)

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Rock Slide is the standard on any set Tyranitar will run. As a powerful spread move with STAB, it lets Tyranitar deal with many common Pokemon in the Doubles metagame. Crunch is used as a single target move that hits foes extremely hard. Fire Blast is also a viable option for Tyranitar, since it as Tyranitar will have trouble hurting Pokemon such as Ferrothorn and Scizor otherwise without it. Low Kick is used to OHKO Pokemon such as Bisharpand Bisharp and other Tyranitar, (remove comma) and 2HKOes 2HKO very prominent threats such as Hydregion.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Winning the weather war is just as, if not more important in Doubles than it is in OU. Since As Tyranitar is not going to be faster then most Pokemon, you might as well take advantage of its less than stellar Speed stat. By using a Brave Nature nature with 0 IVs in Speed, you will win the weather war 100% of the time. As for the EV spread, 36 EVs are taken out of Attack so that Tyranitar can survive a unboosted Meteor Mash from Metagross.</p>

<p>For the item on this set, Chople Berry is the best choice, as Tyranitar has a very exploitable weakness to Fighting-type attacks that Pokemon like Breloom and Hitmontop can exploit, and a Chople Berry will help keep those heavy hitters in check easily take advantage of otherwise. Tyranitar is excellent at supporting its teammates thanks to its amazing ability Sand Stream. Sandstorm alone provides great support for Pokemon like Excadrill and Landorus, making them feared sweepers, but it also gives Rock-type Pokemon a 50% boost to their Special Defense stat, so Pokemon like Terrakion will be able to live a super effective Psychic-type attack from Cresselia or Latios. As good as a teammate as Tyranitar can be, it needs help as well. Due to its 4x weakness to Fighting-type attacks, fast Psychic types Psychic-types such Latios and Latias make good teammates. Rain is also a very large problem that Tyranitar cannot deal with alone. Pokemon such as Rotom-W, Thundurus, Breloom, and Gastrodon all help with the removal of common rain sweepers.</p>

<p>There are a few other moves that Tyranitar could run inplace in place of what is on the set. Stone Edge, a single target attack, is far more powerful than Rock Slide and isn't stopped by Wide Guard. If the accuracy of Fire Blast is something the causes you to shy away from using it, Flamethrower can be used in its place, (start new sentence) Though not as strong, it wont miss at a crucial moment in the match. Finally, Substitute can be used to shield Tyranitar from Fighting-type attacks. Since Because its so slow, it will need free turns to set one up, but Fake Out users like Hitmontop and Scrafty can help with that. It's also recommended to use Leftovers while when using Substitute, since as Chople Berry will be a wasted item slot.</p>

[Set]
(remove blank line)

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Choice Scarf Tyranitar is one of the biggest threats in Doubles. Not only does it support its team with sand, (remove comma) but now it's fast enough to damage opponents before getting damaged. Rock Slide is the main move on the set, allowing Tyranitar to hit both opponents, (remove comma0 but and also giving it an oppurtunity to flinch them. Crunch is the secondary STAB move (add comma) offering a way to hit Cresselia, Latios, and Latias hard. The Superpower vs Low Kick decision is up to you. Superpower hits Pokemon like Hydreigion for an OHKO while Low Kick is a 2HKO, but Superpower lowers your Tyranitar's Attack and Defense stats every time it's used. Low Kick is a safer, weaker option, and you wont won't have to worry about your stas Tyranitar's stats being lowered, but you will miss on a couple of OHKOs (this sentence felt a little too run-onish and you already mention the lost OHKOs in the Superpower sentence). Fire Blast allows you Tyranitar to hit Steel-type Pokemon like Ferrothorn or and Scizor for super effective damage, well while Ice Beam hits a few Pokemon harder then Rock Slide could. Factoring in Intimidate, Ice Beam covers Tyranitar's weakness against Salamence and Landorus-T.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>76Evs into 76 EVs in HP let Tyranitar live a +1 Bullet Punch from Scizor 100% of the time. (change to comma) While and max speed Speed allows you it to outspeed base 111's or more 111s, most notably Thundurus. The remaining EVs are put into Attack to do as much damage as possible.</p>

<p>Tyranitar can use Earthquake on this set as well; it's an alternate spread move (add comma) though not STABed and it's not as strong as Tyranitar would like it to be, (remove comma) and it also runs the risk of hitting your own teammates. Stone Edge is stronger then Rock Slide and a single target move, though it has worse accuracy then Rock Slide. The benefit that Stone Edge brings is the ability to still hit Pokemon while when an opponent tries to use uses Wide Guard. Fire Punch shouldn't be used since as Fire Blast from an uninvested Special Attack still does more damage then Fire Punch does with this spread, (remove comma) and (add comma) with Intimidate being such a commonly used ability, its it's likely that Tyranitars Tyranitar's Attack will be lowered, making Fire Punch weaker then it already is.</p>

<p>Tyranitars Tyranitar's main goal with this set is to be faster than its opponents, (change to semicolon) and the only problem with that is, (remove comma) that it means you're going to lose the weather war. Teammates that help deal with opposing weather are crucial to ensure victory. Since Because rain is going to be a large problem, Pokemon like Thundurus, (remove comma) and Rotom-W that can Paralyze paralyze and take little damage from most Pokemon commonly used in rain are very useful. Gastrodon can't be touched be any Water-type attack (add comma) making it a good choice. Defiant Tornadus deserves a special mention as it directly counters all Intimidate users and Fighting-type Pokemon at the same time. Landorus, Hitmontop, Scrafty, Gyarados, and Salamence can swtich cannot switch in freely like they otherwise would be able to with it on the field.</p>
(remove one of these empty lines)

[Set]
(remove empty line)

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Focus Sash Tyranitar is used to beat some of its own usual counters. Being able to live any immediate hit, it can strike back with something just as powerful. Rock Slide is the main STAB of on the set as it allows Tyrantar to hit both targets with a powerful STAB move hard. Crunch is used to hit Psychic and Ghosts like Psychic- and Ghost-types such as Cresselia, Latias, Latios, Jellicent, and Chandelure for super effective damage. Low Kick allows Tyranitar to beat opposing Tyranitar and a Pokemon it would normally lose to, (change to colon) Terrakion. Superpower can also be used to hit some Pokemon harder, (remove comma) but at the risk of lowering Tyranitar's Attack and Defense every time it's used.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Tyranitar is a creature of the sand and it's not a fan of being in anything but else. Rain teams are always a problem for faster variants of Tyranitar (add comma) so you need to build teams your team accordingly. Pokemon that hard counter rain are very good to have with a faster Tyranitar, (change to semicolon) things like Thundurs Thundurus, Rotom-W, Gastrodon (add comma) and Breloom are all excellent choices and stop rain in multiple ways. Tyranitar also brings a weather of its own to the field, so we cannot forget about Pokemon like Excadrill and Landorus, who both benefit greatly from Sandstorm support.</p>

<p>Focus Sash opens up many different tricks for Tyranitar to use, the first of which is Dragon Dance. Dragon Dance is going to boost your boosts Tyranitar's Attack and Speed at the same time, making Tyrantiar it as fast as the Choice Scarf set but with the ability to switch moves and deal serious damage. Counter can be used on this set as well, letting it Tyranitar deal serious damage if a predicted physical hit comes its way. Stone Edge can be used in place of Rock Slide as a more powerful, single target attack.

[OTHER OPTIONS] [Other Options]

<p>Not only does Tyranitar doesn't only bring sand to the battlefield, (change to semicolon) comma) it can also support its teammates in more than one way. Tyranitar gets some very appealing support moves that don't see much use. Thunder Wave can help with Speed control, something every team benefits from. Roar and Dragontail Dragon Tail both have priority higher than Trick Room, (remove comma) and could be used as a way to stop your opposition from getting Trick Room it up. Stone Edge could be used in conjunction with Rock Slide so you have to give Tyranitar the ability to hit for spread damage and also avoid Wide Guard problems at the expense of some coverage. For a different item choice, a Dark, (remove comma) or a Rock Gem could be used to pick up OHKOs it Tyranitar normally wouldn't. Finally, Tyranitar gets access to Taunt, a move that can be used to shut down Pokemon like Togekiss and Cresselia and stop them from supporting their teammates. Unnerve Tyranitar can stop Pokemon from eating resist berries, ensuring that it and your its teammates can get KOs on Pokemon expecting to that would otherwise (they won't expect the Berry to activate because I'm pretty sure Unnerve has a message that displays on entering the field) live.</p>

[CHECKS AND COUNTERS] [Checks and Counters]

<p>Tyranitar has a few major counters that it would like to deal with has problems dealing with, (start new sentence) firstly Firstly, Fighting-type Pokemon like Terrakion, Breloom, and Conkeldurr are a major issue. They all have the ability to hit Tyranitar for 4x damage (add comma) which isn't good. Intimidate users are another large problem for it. Pokemon like Hitmontop, Landorus-T (add comma) and Scrafty can all lower Tyranitar's Attack forcing it to rely on the special side special attacks to deal much damage. Hitmontop also gets Wide Guard (add comma) which stops Rock Slide cold. The final major problem Tyranitar faces are is Ground-types, such as Garchomp. Opposing Sand Sweepers like sand sweepers with Sand Force (otherwise their Earthquakes aren't enhanced, so if you don't want to say Sand Force you should clarify the clause that comes after this a little) such as Excadrill and Landorus-I Landorus are especially threatening, (remove comma) due to their powerful Earthquakes enhanced by Tyranitar's sand.</p>

<p>One of the problems Tyranitar faces that isn't as fatal as the above mentioned is Rain rain. Tyranitar can keep weather on its side in some cases, but in others (add comma) rain can be up and be very problematic. Pokemon like Politoed, Kingdra, and Ludicolo will all have boosted STABs thanks to the rain. Toxicroak is also a common Rain rain Pokemon that can switch in on Tyranitar with impunity. Rotom-W is another Water-type bulky enough to switch in and threaten Tyranitar out.</p>

<p>Finally, Pokemon with powerful STABs like such as Jirachi, Scizor, Birsharp Bisharp, Metagross, Escavalier, and Gesesect Genesect (just an observation and I'm not saying you have to change anything, but I noticed all six of your examples are Steel-types, so it might be worth it to say that if that's what you're going for) can all hit Tyranitar for heavy damage depending on the set. If Tyranitar is carrying Fire Blast (add comma) it does manage these Pokemon fairly easily, but they should be accounted for.</p>

GP: 1/2

Last edited:
Add Remove
[Overview]

<p>Tyranitar is possibly the best weather summoner in Doubles due not only due to its ability to check some of the best Pokemon the metagame has to offer, (comma) such as Cresselia and Thundurus, (comma) but also because of its amazing movepool. Tyranitar has many powerful attacks such as Crunch, Rock Slide, and Fire Blast. The main problem that Tyranitar faces is its less then stellar defensive typing, as being 4x weak to Fighting-type moves in Doubles is a very bad thing with threats such as Hitmontop being prominent. Despite theits glaring weakness to Fighting-types, Tyranitar's phenomenal special bulk complemented with its high offensive stats makes it a versatile special tank in Doubles.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Rock Slide is standard on any set Tyranitar will run. A; (semicolon) as a powerful spread move with STAB, it lets Tyranitar deal with many common Pokemon in the Doubles metagame. Crunch is used as a single target move that hits foes extremely hard.; (semicolon) however, (comma) Fire Blast is also a viable, as Tyranitar will have trouble hurting Pokemon such as Ferrothorn and Scizor without it. Low Kick is used to OHKO Pokemon such as Bisharp and other Tyranitar and, (comma) and also to 2HKO very prominent threats such as Hydregion.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Winning the weather war is just as, if not more, (comma) important in Doubles than it is in OUSingles. AS Tyranitar is not going to be fastslower then most Pokemon, you might as well take advantage of its less than -(hyphen)than-(hyphen)stellar Speed stat. By using a Brave nature with 0 IVs in Speed, youTyranitar will win the weather war 100% of the time (at least initially). As for the EV spread, 36 EVs are taken out of Attackused in Defense so that Tyranitar can survive a unboosted Meteor Mash from Metagross.</p>

<p>For the item on this set, Chople Berry is the best choice of item for this set, as Tyranitar has a very exploitable weakness to Fighting-type attacks that Pokemon likesuch as Breloom and Hitmontop can easily take advantage of otherwise. Tyranitar is excellent at supporting its teammates thanks to its amazing ability in Sand Stream. Sandstorm alone provides great support for Pokemon likesuch Excadrill and Landorus, making them feared sweepers, but it also gives Rock-type Pokemon a 50% boost to their Special Defense stat, so Pokemon likemeaning that Pokemon such as Terrakion will be able to live a super effective Psychic-type attack from Cresselia or Latios. As good a teammate as Tyranitar can be, it needs help as well. Due to its 4x weakness to Fighting-type attacks, fast Psychic-types such as Latios and Latias make good teammates. Rain is also a very large problem that Tyranitar cannot deal with alone. Pokemon such as Rotom-W, Thundurus, Breloom, and Gastrodon all help with the removal of common rain sweepers.</p>

<p>There are a few other moves that Tyranitar could run in place of what is on the set.as well. For example, (comma) Stone Edge, a single -(hyphen)target attack, is far more powerful than Rock Slide and isn't stopped by Wide Guard. If the accuracy of Fire Blast is something the causes you to shy away from using it, Flamethrower can be used in its place. Though not as strong, it won'(apostrophe)t miss at a crucial moment in the match. Finally, Substitute can be used to shield Tyranitar from Fighting-type attacks. Because its so slow, itTyranitar will need a free turns to set one up, butso Fake Out users likesuch as Hitmontop and Scrafty can help with thatare good partners. It's also recommended to use Leftovers on Tyranitar when using Substitute, as Chople Berry will then be a wasted item slot.</p>

[SetET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Choice Scarf Tyranitar is one of the biggest threats in Doubles. Not only does it support its team with sand, (comma) but it's fast enough to damage opponents before getting damaged itself. Rock Slide is the main move on the set, allowing Tyranitar to hit both opponents and also giving it an oppuortunity to flinch them. Crunch is the secondary STAB move, offering a way to hit Cresselia, Latios, and Latias hard. The Superpower vs Low Kick decision is up to you. Superpower hits Pokemon likesuch as Hydreigion for an OHKO while Low Kick is a 2HKO, but Superpower also lowers Tyranitar's Attack and Defense stats every time it's used. Low Kick is a safer, weaker option, and you won't have tobut it stops you from worrying about Tyranitar's stats being lowered. Fire Blast allows Tyranitar to hit Steel-type Pokemon likesuch Ferrothorn or Scizor for super effective damage, while Ice Beam hits a few Pokemon harder then Rock Slide cwould. Factoring in Intimidate, Ice Beam covers Tyranitar's weakness againstes to Salamence and Landorus-T.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>76 EVs in HP let Tyranitar live a +1 Bullet Punch from Scizor 100% of the time, and max sSpeed allows it to outspeed base 111s, most notably Thundurus. The remaining EVs are put into Attack to let Tyranitar do as much damage as possible.</p>

<p>
Tyranitar can use Earthquake on this set as well; it's an alternative spread move, though it's not as strong as Tyranitar would like it to be and runsit also comes with the risk of hitting your ownTyranitar's teammates. Stone Edge is stronger then Rock Slide and is a single -(hyphen)target move, though it has worse accuracy. The benefit that Stone Edge brings is the ability to still hit Pokemon when an opponent uses Wide Guard. Fire Punch shouldn't be used asbecause Fire Blast from an uninvested Special Attack stat still does more damage with this spread and, with Intimidate being such a commonly used ability, it's likely that Tyranitar's Attack will be lowered.</p>

<p>Tyranitar's main goal with this set is to be faster than its opponents; the only problem with that is that it means you'reTyranitar is going to lose the initial weather war. This means that teammates that help deal with opposing weather are crucial to ensure victory. Because rain is going to be a large problem, Pokemon likesuch Thundurus and Rotom-W can paralyze and take little damage from most Pokemon commonly used in rain are very useful. Gastrodon can't be touched bey any Water-type attack, making it a good choice. Defiant Tornadus deserves a special mention as it directly counters all Intimidate users and Fighting-type Pokemon at the same time. Landorus, Hitmontop, Scrafty, Gyarados, and Salamence cannot switch in freely like they otherwise would be able to with it on the field.</p>

[SetET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Focus Sash Tyranitar is used to beat some of itTyranitar's usual counters. Being able to live any immediate hit, it can strike back with something just as powerful. Rock Slide is the main STAB of the set asmove on this set because it allows Tyrantar to hit both targetshe opposition hard. Crunch is used to hit Psychic- and Ghost-typestypes, (comma) such as Cresselia, Latias, and Latios, and Ghost-types, (comma) such as Jellicent, and Chandelure, (comma) for super effective damage. Low Kick allows Tyranitar to beat opposing Tyranitar and a Pokemon it would normally lose to;: (colon) Terrakion. Superpower can also be used to hit some Pokemon harder but at the risk of lowering Tyranitar's Attack and Defense every time it's used.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Tyranitar is a creature of the sand and it's not a fan of being in anything else. Rain teams are always a problem for faster variants of Tyranitar, so you need to build your team accordingly. Pokemon that are hard counters to rain are very good to have with a faster Tyranitar; things likepartners for a faster Tyranitar; Pokemon such as Thundurus, Rotom-W, Gastrodon, and Breloom are all excellent choices and stop rain in multiple ways. Tyranitar also brings a weather of its own to the field, so we cannot forget about Pokemon likesuch Excadrill and Landorus, who both benefit greatly from Ssandstorm support.</p>

<p>Focus Sash opens up many different trickpossibilities for Tyranitar to use, the first of which is Dragon Dance. Dragon Dance boosts Tyranitar's Attack and Speed at the same time, making it as fast as the Choice Scarf set but with the ability to switch moves and deal serious damage as well. Counter can be used on this set as well, letting Tyranitar deal serious damage if a predicted physical hit comes its way. Stone Edge can be used in place of Rock Slide as a more powerful, single -(hyphen0target attack.

[Other Options]

<p>Tyranitar doesn't only bring sand to the battlefield;: (colon) it can also support its teammates in more than oneother ways. Tyranitar gets some very appealing support moves that don't see much use. Thunder Wave can help with Sspeed control, something every team benefits from. Roar and Dragon Tail both have priority higherhigher priorities than Trick Room, and could be used as a way to stop yourthe opposition from getting it up. Stone Edge could be used in conjunction with Rock Slide to give Tyranitar the ability to hit for spread damage and also avoid Wide Guard problems at the expense of some coverage. For a different item choice, a Dark or Rock Gem could be used to pick up OHKOs Tyranitar normally wouldn't. Finally, Tyranitar gets access to Taunt, a move that can be used to shut down Pokemon like Togekiss and Cresselia and stop them from supporting their teammatesinally, Tyranitar gets access to Taunt, a move that can be used to shut down Pokemon such Togekiss and Cresselia and stop them from supporting their teammates. A Dark or Rock Gem could be used over Focus Sash to pick up OHKOs Tyranitar normally wouldn't be able to. Unnerve Tyranitar can stop Pokemon from eating resistance berries, ensuring that it and its teammates can get KOs on Pokemon that would otherwise survive.</p>

[CHECKS AND COUNTERS]

<p>Tyranitar has a few major counters that it has problems dealing with. Firstly, (comma) Fighting-type Pokemon likesuch Terrakion, Breloom, and Conkeldurr are a major issue. They all have the ability to hit Tyranitar for 4x damage, which isn't good. Intimidate users are another large problem for it. Pokemon likesuch Hitmontop, Landorus-T, and Scrafty can all lower Tyranitar's Attack, (comma) forcing it to rely on the special attacks to deal much damage. Hitmontop also gets Wide Guard, which stops Rock Slide cold. The final major problem Tyranitar faces is Ground-types, such as Garchomp. Opposing sand sweepers with Sand Force, (comma) such as Excadrill and Landorus, (comma) are especially threatening, due their powerful Earthquakes enhanced by Tyranitar's Sandboosted Earthquakes.</p>

<p>One of the problems Tyranitar faces that isn't as fatal as the above is Rrain. Tyranitar can keep weather on its side in some cases, but in others, (comma) rain can be up and be very problematic. Pokemon likesuch Politoed, Kingdra, and Ludicolo will all have boosted STABs thanks to the rain. Toxicroak is also a common rain PokemonPokemon on rain teams that can switch in on Tyranitar with impunity. Rotom-W is another Water-type bulky enough to switch in and threaten Tyranitar out.</p>

<p>Finally, Pokemon with powerful STABs such Jirachi, Scizor, Bisharp, Metagross, Escavalier, and Gesesect can all hit Tyranitar for heavy damage depending on the set. Iits set. However, (comma) if Tyranitar is carrying Fire Blast, it does managhandle these Pokemon fairly easily, but they should still be accounted for.</p>

GP APPROVED 2/2

Also, Eggy, for all future analyses, please use 'such as' instead of 'like' when giving examples. For example, Pokemon such as Excadrill, Scizor, and Genesect can all OHKO Tyranitar.
:)

Last edited:

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
Few more nitpicks on top of that check:
  1. The line on between the first [SET] tag and "name" should be removed
  2. There should be a line between the first [SET COMMENTS] tag and the paragraph that follows
  3. Checks and Counters > CHECKS AND COUNTER
  4. "Singles" shouldn't be capitalized, as it's a format, and not a metagame/tier
Good job otherwise :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)