Knock off
Toxic
Defog
Rising Voltage
Sludge Wave
Superpower
Weatherball

Pros:

- An incredible SpAtt of 145, allowing him to OHKO anything weak to his attacks and 2HKO anything that doesn't resist
- Access to a very powerful BoltBeam thanks to Tera Blast Ice
- Can further boost his special attack with Nasty Plot, or increase his speed with Agility
- Access to the two switch move Volt Switch and U-Turn
- A very good defensive type combined with a very good Volt Absorb talent, giving his team Ground and Electric immunity. Only two weaknesses Rock and Ice
- A good Rain Teams teammate

Cons:

- A weakness in Stealth Rock forcing him to wear HDB
- A fragile bulk of 79/70/80
- A speed of 101 insufficient for an offensive Pokémon, often reducing it to a Wallbreaker role. Without Scarf or Agility, it is overtaken by many offensive Pokémon (Enamorus-A, Iron Moth, Roaring Moon, Walking Wake…)
- Compete with Electric-types like Thundurus-A, which has better speed and a talent that prioritizes its Thunder Wave, or Zapdos which has better bulk, good defensive ability, and utility thanks to Defog. Seems outclassed by Regieleki.

Potential Tera:

Electric for STAB, lmao
Flying to have Flying STAB with Tera Blast, since Thundurus has neither Hurricane nor Air Slash
Ice to have the terrible BoltBeam combo thanks to Tera Blast. Has almost no resistance in OR, which can be devastating given that Thundurus-T at 145 SpAtt.
Steel Transforms your 2 Rock and Ice weaknesses into resistance and allows you to use the Nasty Plot + Agility combo
Water Defensive Tera that gives you Fire, Ice, Water resistance and retains your Steel resistance. Volt Absorb removes the Electric weakness and only gives you a poor Grass weakness. Same logic as for Tera Steel, mainly used to use Nasty Plot + Agility

Possible sets:

Double Dance Tera Blast
Thundurus-Therian @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Agility
-Thunderbolt/Thunder
- Grass Knot

Thunder is preferred over Thunderbolt in Team Rain. Agility will allow you to go beyond the entire metagame. Tera Steel offers you many resistances (including those of the Rock and Ice type) and will help you set up a second boost move like Nasty Plot, making you a real war machine ready to sweep the opposing Team. Grass Knot deal heavy damage to Pokémon such as Great Tusk (OHKO) and Ting-Lu.

Rain Wallbreaker
Thundurus-Therian @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Steel/Water
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty nature
- Thunder
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast/Psychic
- Nasty Plot

A Wallbreaker set under the Rain. Psychic may be favored over Focus Blast due to its accuracy and ability to OHKO Amoonguss, Chesnaught, Iron Moth and Great Tusk

Pivot Specs BoltBeam
Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Specs
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch/U-Turn
- Focus Blast
-Tera Blast

U-Turn may be favored over Volt Switch due to its ability to Pivot on Ground types (and OHKO Hoopa-U, lmao), at the expense of a lot of power. Tera Blast Ice gives you the terrible BoltBeam combo which is naturally resisted by almost any Pokémon in the OU. The problem is that it forces you to use the Tera.

Conclusion:

Overall, Thundurus-T will be a Pokémon that drops quickly to UU, but when Regieleki is banned, it won't be bad either. He seems like a good companion to Teams Rain, bringing Ground and Electric immunity as well as Thunder with 145 SpAtt. It is unfortunately too slow and fragile to be an excellent Pokémon.

This is my very first Reservation thread, I hope I'm not doing too badly for a first.

Last edited:
Thundurus-T is pretty solid. I thought it would be good as an Eleki emergency check, but I feel that I've been using it more as a stop to the various Ground-types in the tier. Most of them don't want to deal with Thundurus-T since its Grass Knot is really strong + its flying typing actually lets it wall the prominent grounds of the tier (though I am seeing more Stone Edge Lando now). The speed tier is great too, letting it get the jump on some key threats like Samurott-H (watch out for Sucker!), Great Tusk, Lando, Gholdengo, Magearna, Urshifu etc, which can make it hard to deal with. Its actually a great Eleki partner because does pretty well vs most of the Ground-Types that Eleki can struggle with if it doesn't Tera. That being said, its bulk and speed aren't the best, which can leave it revenge killed by Chien-Pao, Dragapult, Iron Valiant, etc.

I thought Tera Blast would be good on this Pokemon, but since its more of a hole puncher than a sweeper, using Tera often feels like a waste, esp since its longevity isn't good either. Ironically, Tera Blast isn't the worst coverage even if you don't Tera because its hitting more targets neutrally, which is useful vs other Electrics and various cores if you don't wanna play the mind games.

I personally use this on some of my teams and it’s really good. It walls great tusk and most than landourus sets. I personally thing it’s really underrated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)