Battle Spot This is my team. First time on this forum btw.

Ill start it off with combusken with crazy speed. He has the speed to setup his team quickly, before he dies. And with Speed boost as one of his abilities he pretty much will attack first.

Ability: SpeedBoost: Every move i make with combusken his speed will improve and that will help me go first most of the time.
Item: Eviolite

Moves:
Swords Dance: I use this right after protect to start setting up for my team.
Protect: So i can see what the enemys first move will be
Baton Pass: So the attack i get from swords dance and speed i get from speed boost, i could pass it over to my main pokemon who will be doing the sweep.
Low Kick: If my Combusken is alive and has 2x attack and 2x speed at minimum

My next pokemon would be starmie or kabutops, both used for attack and getting rid of spikes or stealth rocks. I would reccomend starmie, because he can take hits than kabutops can, IMO.

Ability: Analytic
Item: Life Orb

Moves:
Rapid Spin: I'll use this only when there spikes, toxic spikes or stealth rock on the floor, even if it kills starmie i could get rid of the hazards.
Ice Beam: This is the STAB that starmie is going to be perfect with, because he could destroy mostpokemon except fire, but you dont really see much fire nowadays, but its starmie and fire wont do much against her.
Protect: To see what attack the enemy will put out on starmie
Thunderbolt: Not a STAB, but an attack in case ice beam wont kill.

This team is also going to need a special speed sweeper aka jolteon. This guy is like combusken except he'll be attacking rather than setting up, he's snot the main attacker but he's there in case the main attacker cant finish anything.

Ability:Volt Absorb: So he wont get paralyzed or wrecked by other electrics stronger than him aka Mega Manectric.
Item: Choice Specs

Moves:
Thunderbolt: mostly used for damage
Signal Beam: Which is his STAB pretty much, he'll finish off pokemon with this move and put up big time damage.
Volt Switch: So if there are any pokemon super effective against him rather than ground, he will volt switch out, putting in damage and switching to a better pokemon
Substitute: You dont have to use this move as much unless it's needed

Next up on the team is the Mega aka special attacker, Which is NidoQueen, yes her, she looks as if she would be bulky physical, but she is a bulky Special

Ability: posion point just for poison
Item: Rocky Helmet to take on the physical attacks

Moves:
FlameThrower: Which will be his STAB, not only will it deal damage but it also has a burn chance aswell which is good.
Toxic: In case the opponent is all special attack, then they will still get poisoned.
Ice beam: Cuz trolling is fun
Earthpower: Also a troll move thats actually going to do damage.

Its not a team without chesto resto in play. Rotom-wash or heat, is your go to for this play.

Ability: Levitate
Item: Chesto Berry

Moves:
Rest: Its not a chesto ressto play without resto itself, so you get a heal and your still awake, but its only a one time play, so you better use it wisely.
Will-o-wisp: Cuz why the heck not, not only will it burn but it can also finish off an enemy that is about to die with the burn so thats a great move
hidden power fire or hydro pump: It needs an attack and it will use hydro pump or hidden power fire depending on which rotom you choose, but it will still wreak havoc on the poor pokemon players that dont know how strong chesto resto rotom is.
U-Turn or Volt switch: Any works as long as it can switch out if its in trouble.

Last pokemon, which is also our main attacker, is the one and only muk, why? tanky af and with the status effects from combusken aka speed and attack, this guy can do huge damage, i tried this with mega camerupt and it didnt really do that well, even though camerupt is good.

Ability: Sticky Hold: So screw off Knock Off
Item: Leftovers, cuz he has to stay on the field as long as possible.

Moves:
Gunk Shot: This will not do damage but it can take care of enemey's that are super weak or super effected from this move.
Shadow Sneak: Like gunk shot this is for damage, mostly whit the attack boost
Fire Punch: Which is his STAB and taking down opponents easily, like its lightwork
Ice Punch: Same thing as Fire Punch.

This is my team and yes it has no pictures cuz its my first time on the forum, and please leave some feedback on this team of mine, i won so many games with it.

Last edited:
o wow. OK hi. So first off the format here isn't quite right. It generally goes...

Pokémon @ Item
Ability
EVs(you're missing these altogether)
nature(also missing)
(any IVs that aren't perfect but in use. So for certain Hidden Power types.)
-move
-move
-move
-move

First off, Combusken over Blaziken isn't reasonable. I think after Eviolite it's a little bulkier, but not nearly enough to excuse the huge drops in Atk and Spe. It needs way more Speed Boosts to outspeed most stuff, and the much lower atk means even stuff weak to its one attack doesn't really care.

I think the Baton Pass Blaziken set in the strat dex would be better.

Starmie isn't very good I BSS, and you definitely don't want Rapid Spin. Stealth Rock isn't very common and no other hazards are used significantly, so it's almost always a wasted slot. Protect can be nice, but i'd get rid of it. Starmie has too many moves it wants to run, and LO should have a psychic STAB.

Jolteon has Sub and Choice Specs. Those two can never work together. HP Ice is a great move to use.

Nidoqueen is another seldom used mon that isn't that good in BSS. If you are going to use her tho Sheer Force is the only viable ability. If possible you'd wanna make her the LO user since that recoil is ignored on all the moves she normally uses. Toxic isn't very good on her, you'd want Sludge Wave. That can do a lot of damage with STAB, LO, and Sheer Force.

Rotom...ok so RestChest is sorta viable(at least on W I think.) WoW is good. HP Fire...eww lol. Definitely go Hydro Pump. Rotom has a very low atk stat and doesn't even learn U-Turn...go Volt Switch in last slot.

Now Muk. Another rare mon that isn't terribly good but I guess ok. I don't see a point to Ice Punch. After putting HP Ice on Jolteon you have three strong users of ice moves, plus Muk can't live to attack with IP vs the majority of things really weak to it, i.e. Garchomp and Salamence. You have fire coverage and you're ok vs Ferrothorn so you don't really need Fire Punch.

So moves to run over those. Hmm. Minimize is nice especially if you BP to it with Combusken Blaziken. Memento sacrifices Muk to halve both of the foe's offenses, so what you switch in can set up a bit easier. That helps Blaziken, and is great when you can see Muk won't be useful for long. One good thing about Muk is a very big movepool, so there's tons to choose from. Explosion, EQ, Rock Slide, Curse, etc. Maybe making Muk RestoChest instead of Rotom would be good. Rotom could then hold a Sitrus Berry and run T-bolt/Discharge.

What meta have you been playing with this team? have you been plating Free battles? Anyways good luck with it:)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey there TeeJtooStrong and welcome to Smogon. First of all, I want to know if you're playing the ranked singles ladder in Battle Spot, not free battles or against passersby with the Player Search System. Secondly, I want to make sure you know the basics of natures, EVs, and IVs. You haven't listed any of them in your OP, so in case you don't know you should read this guide.

Also, just like Omastar68 posted above me, we prefer the layout that the Pokemon Showdown! teambuilder uses when writing up Pokemon builds, so I'll be using that in this post as well.

Now for your team! To be totally honest, it could do with some real work. I'll provide some suggestions below, but you can improve it a lot yourself by checking out the resources we have on our Battle Spot Singles Hub. It has links to our forum, chatroom on Pokemon Showdown!, simple questions thread, viability rankings (where we list all the Pokemon in order of how good they are in Battle Spot Singles), and individual Pokemon analyses (which detail the best ways to use specific Pokemon). With the knowledge you'll gain from these resources you could probably notice yourself what needs to be improved on in this team.

Eviolite Combusken is not a viable alternative for Blaziken. This is because you either need to invest heavily in Combusken's Speed stat to make up for it's terribly low base speed (which results in it not being very bulky despite the eviolite boost), or you invest so much in its bulk that its speed is then too slow to make use of, even after two speed boosts, meaning it will be KOed before being able to use Baton Pass. Simply using Blaziken instead will make a huge difference for you.
Blaziken @ Focus Sash / Lum Berry / Weakness Policy
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Impish / Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Swords Dance / Bulk Up
- Baton Pass
- Low Kick / Rock Slide

Starmie is rarely used in Battle Spot Singles as Greninja is a far better option due to its higher speed and Protean ability combined with its great movepool giving it great coverage. Rapid Spin is also totally useless as entry hazards (Stealth Rock / (Toxic) Spikes) are rarely used in this format, and if they are it's not worth spending a whole turn removing them, as the momentum the opponent gets from (almost) a free turn is huge in a 3v3 setting, as compared to 6v6 Smogon metagames. If you really want to keep Starmie then you should replace Rapid Spin and Protect for Hydro Pump and Psychic / Psyshock so you have STAB moves. Otherwise use Greninja.
Starmie @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
Ability: Analytic / Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

~or~

Greninja @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot / Hydro Pump
- Hydro Pump / Extrasensory

Jolteon really isn't very good either. You've got the right idea with using Choice Specs with it, but using Substitute doesn't make sense at all. The biggest problem for you is that literally all Electric-types want Hidden Power Ice as a coverage move, which requires clever breeding for it. You should be breeding for flawless Pokemon if you want to battle competitively anyway, but if you aren't and want to learn more then check out this guide. You can also go here to get any Ditto you might need for breeding. Anyway, with Hidden Power Ice, Jolteon is looking much more viable. However, it's probably best to just use a better Electric-type like Thundurus, Raikou, or Zapdos. These are however all legendaries which means you probably don't have good ones, so you should go to Theorymon's Legendary Giveaway and get what you need from there! If Legendary Pokemon aren't your style (for some reason there are people who are against them ?_?) then Mega Manectric would be really good seeings how you don't have a mega pokemon yet.
Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def (don't need to be exactly these as that's hard to breed for. any even number will do as long as the other stats are all odd numbers)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball

~or~

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Nasty Plot / Focus Blast

~or~

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 16 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball / Extrasnesory

~or~

Zapdos @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
Modest Nature
IVs: 4 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave

~or~

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def (again, like Jolteon, these don't have to be exact. they just need to be even if the other stats are all odd)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower / Overheat

Now Nidoqueen. I'm not sure what you mean by "Mega" since it doesn't have a Mega Evolution but whatever. Nidoqueen definitely isn't bad but Nidoking is almost always better. Poison Point is a useless ability, especially when you have one as good as Sheer Force to use. The best thing about Sheer Force is that moves that benefit from it don't give Life Orb recoil due to a glitch with the way the ability and item interact with each other. So if you can find a different item for Starmie / Greninja that would be great so you can use it on your Nidoqueen for huge damage output. You should also use Sludge Wave instead of Toxic!
Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam / Thunderbolt

~or~

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Modest / Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam / Thunderbolt

Rotom-W / Rotom-H actually looks normal, so good job! However, using another Electric-type is a little redundant. I would suggest replacing either it or Jolteon / Jolteon's replacement. However, Hidden Power Fire on Rotom-H should not be used instead of Overheat! One Overheat is more powerful than two Hidden Power Fires!

Lastly, Muk is straight up unviable in the metagame... and having two Poison-types (as well as Jolteon and Combusken / Blaziken) makes you extremely weak to Ground-type moves, very dangerous with so many Garchomp, Mamoswine, Landorus-T, and Excadrill there are! There are literally too many physical attackers that would like getting a Baton Pass from Blaziken to list here, so I'm curious as to why you even chose Muk. Things like Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Salamence, Garchomp, Mega Mawile, Azumarill, Mega Charizard X, and (Mega) Tyranitar would all be way better choices, and that's not even scratching the surface!

You said at the end you've won a lot of games, I'm curious to know how you fare against opponents who use Mega Kangaskhan, Thundurus, or Aegislash. There are a lot of common Pokemon that this team appears to flat out lose to :(

I think the absolute best thing you could do would be to come visit our Battle Spot chatroom and ask as many questions as you like, and perhaps try building a team with one of our regulars there. You could also spectate one of our tournaments and learn from that. Don't forget to say hi if you see me there :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)