Project The fifth annual (Not so) Secret Santa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hello zoowi I was your Secret Santa. Now normally, I try to make teams in as many generations as possible...but you gave me Palossand and Tsareena! Those are only Gen8!!!!!!!

Broken heart aside, I still made a team:

Ok so, first impression of this core is that it is very weak to Ice. So let's slide a Vaporeon on there to help with that. Tsar, Palo, and Vaporeon all have a good amount of synergy and support between them, with a U-Turn core in there to boot, but I wanted more offensive pressure and a better Grass resist. So, I added Talonflame, who adds to the U-Turning while giving good power and speed to help make this team have more oomph. But! That is not enough oomph, we need more. SD Toxicroak heavily appreciated the ease of coming in that all of this Turning provides, and hits like a truck while also compounding a lot of the existing defensive synergy that this team has and providing some priority because a lot of this team is still slow. Speaking of, we need a revenge killer and then we will have a good balance team so hello Togedemaru. Togedemaru again doubles down further on a lot of the synergies of the team while outspeeding what Talonflame doesn't - including other Talonflame. If this building process strikes you as dry, it is because it was. Don't overthink, just go with the flow.

Honestly this is also the first draft but honestly this puts up quite a fight on ladder. I actually nabbed about a dozen wins on ladder before losing to shenanigans. So...honestly it is pretty good to go. Wow. It is very, very fun. The key to this team is its redundancy and consistency. Having 4/6 mons adding to the Turn core makes for easy momentum, and there is so much overlapping synergy that losing 1 mon doesnt mean that you autolose to a good chunk of the meta. The only notable linchpin is Palossand...as the sole switchin to a long list of very important mons like Archeops, you need to treat it well.

I also made a second version of the team, try it out when you get the chance!

And while it feels odd to say it so late, Happy Holidays and Merry Xmas Zoowi!

Hello Heracross2.0 , sorry that I'm a little late, but I'm your secret santa and you requested Malamar! Click on the sprites for the teams.

:malamar: :Talonflame: :garbodor: :sandaconda: :silvally-steel: :Tsareena:

This team is a fairly simple spike stack, focusing on Malamar's U-Turn weakness and ability to force Pokemon out to cripple the opposing team with status and residual damage. Knock Off from Malamar synergizes well, limiting the switchins of Superpower resists due to knocking Boots that prevent the spikes damage. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this one, but there's overall room for improvement.

:malamar: :lanturn: :Talonflame: :aggron: :claydol: :passimian:

This team is a lot sillier, a VoltTurn core focused around getting Accupressure Malamar in and trying to Block to set up a sweep. This team isn't all that good, but uses the same principles to stop U-Turn spam and tries to set up the ideal scenario where you can trap a would-be check and spam Accupressure until you win.

Sorry for the delay, and hope you enjoy these teams!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)