Metagame SV UU Metagame Discussion - The Indigo Disk

anyways just lost a suspect game cause latios decided hitting a 90% accurate move was too much... TWICE. I missed two Draco's in a row and got swept by tg manaphy

anyways just lost a suspect game cause latios decided hitting a 90% accurate move was too much... TWICE. I missed two Draco's in a row and got swept by tg manaphy
this is exactly the reason why I don't run latios lol

and when I did i ran Dragon Pulse

Anyways, i'm glad i'm not the only person here who lost a game over draco miss (i hate any dragon move that isn't clanging scales)

:slowbro:

Slowbro @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
IVs: 0 Atk
Tera Type: Water / Fairy / Steel
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice beam / Psychic / Body Press / Future Sight
- Thunder Wave / Foul Play
- Slack Off
dam i feel this mon is mad underated in this meta.. with h-arc, azu, dd kommo-o, exca, mamoswine, metagross, shao this mon can do a lot. T wave vs stuff like latios, torn-t, greninja, iron crown stop it from being expolited to hell and back. With its extra phys def you can handle a lot of stuff that slowking cant really do as well

160+ Atk Metagross Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Slowking: 222-262 (56.3 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
160+ Atk Metagross Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 152-180 (38.5 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Slowking: 166-196 (42.1 - 49.7%) -- 28.9% chance to 2HKO after sandstorm damage
252 Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 114-135 (28.9 - 34.2%) -- 99.7% chance to 3HKO after sandstorm damage

(to be honest slowbro is prob gonna run 252 max but oh well)

this shows how much bulkier slowbro is compared to its twin brother and can eat a bunch fo physical hits pretty darn well and compared to slowking who would really not want to stay in.

"but ofc slowking isnt gonna take hits well on the physical side, that isnt what its tasked for, just like slowbro cant take on special hits well" i mean true but compared to slowking, slowbro can take on metagross, shao, and other physical attackers much better while also letting you run smth to cover up that weakness to latios for ex. with av torn-t, sp. def ttar, tinkaton, metagross, etc.

:volcanion:
Volcanion @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Fairy
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute / Taunt / Tera Blast
Another mon i wanted to share about, with slowking being very dominant i feel a mon that can just setup on it and take advantage of it like nothing else is pretty amazing, it beats slowking, choice greninja, skeledirge, can scare out ttar, empoleon, and can take advantage of a good hydrapple + slowking core and this can allow it to get free subs to fire off powerful attacks... most of the tier doesnt want to take such attacks like even smth like torn-t will take a large amount after stealth rocks making it so it is unlikely to want to check it long term. This can also open it up against other pokemon like latios, NP torn-t, greninja, keldeo, lokix, etc.

252+ SpA Volcanion Steam Eruption vs. 208 HP / 132 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-Therian: 126-148 (35.8 - 42.1%) -- 84.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

:jirachi:
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe (prob can just EV for smth like max speed exca, h-arc, lokix, or smth like that)
Tera Type: Steel
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-Turn
- Fire Punch
- Encore
Well... what does this set do? well its purpose is to be obnoxious asf .. with fire punch ur gonna be fishing a lot and can fish a lot into mons like slowking, toxapex, rotom-w, empoleon, and more... with 20% burns you also make sure smth like excadrill, rhyperior, hippowdon, metagross, mandibuzz arent keen on switching into you.

Encore gives you a lot of free switch ins half the time and can allow you to u-turn safely a mon in compared to tink where you dont know what they might do after and you have to hard switch to smth (its still good value). You can safely pivot a mon in on what they might bring in to remove the encore or bring in something that can take advantage of the encore. It is also a pretty good encore abuser... with many mons may try to stall it out you can easily lock them into a recovery move with encore like for ex. slowking, mandibuzz, or toxapex clicking their recovery moves.

Yeah... these were a bunch of ideas i drafted all at once.. they seem like they have a lot of potential in the meta

Well... what does this set do? well its purpose is to be obnoxious asf .. with fire punch ur gonna be fishing a lot and can fish a lot into mons like slowking, toxapex, rotom-w, empoleon, and more... with 20% burns you also make sure smth like excadrill, rhyperior, hippowdon, metagross, mandibuzz arent keen on switching into you.

Encore gives you a lot of free switch ins half the time and can allow you to u-turn safely a mon in compared to tink where you dont know what they might do after and you have to hard switch to smth (its still good value). You can safely pivot a mon in on what they might bring in to remove the encore or bring in something that can take advantage of the encore. It is also a pretty good encore abuser... with many mons may try to stall it out you can easily lock them into a recovery move with encore like for ex. slowking, mandibuzz, or toxapex clicking their recovery moves.

Yeah... these were a bunch of ideas i drafted all at once.. they seem like they have a lot of potential in the meta
hydreigonthechild cookin something wonderful in the kitchen again... I really like jirachi, especially as a pivot with wish. Regarding EVs, I'm a fan of 176+ speed evs, which outspeeds max speed harcanine. I also like to pair this with something like Helmet Cobalion or Tinkaton to switch into First Impressions from Lokix. Keep cookin these sets

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
:slowbro:

dam i feel this mon is mad underated in this meta.. with h-arc, azu, dd kommo-o, exca, mamoswine, metagross, shao this mon can do a lot. T wave vs stuff like latios, torn-t, greninja, iron crown stop it from being expolited to hell and back. With its extra phys def you can handle a lot of stuff that slowking cant really do as well

160+ Atk Metagross Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Slowking: 222-262 (56.3 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
160+ Atk Metagross Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 152-180 (38.5 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Slowking: 166-196 (42.1 - 49.7%) -- 28.9% chance to 2HKO after sandstorm damage
252 Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 114-135 (28.9 - 34.2%) -- 99.7% chance to 3HKO after sandstorm damage

(to be honest slowbro is prob gonna run 252 max but oh well)

this shows how much bulkier slowbro is compared to its twin brother and can eat a bunch fo physical hits pretty darn well and compared to slowking who would really not want to stay in.

"but ofc slowking isnt gonna take hits well on the physical side, that isnt what its tasked for, just like slowbro cant take on special hits well" i mean true but compared to slowking, slowbro can take on metagross, shao, and other physical attackers much better while also letting you run smth to cover up that weakness to latios for ex. with av torn-t, sp. def ttar, tinkaton, metagross, etc.

:volcanion:

Another mon i wanted to share about, with slowking being very dominant i feel a mon that can just setup on it and take advantage of it like nothing else is pretty amazing, it beats slowking, choice greninja, skeledirge, can scare out ttar, empoleon, and can take advantage of a good hydrapple + slowking core and this can allow it to get free subs to fire off powerful attacks... most of the tier doesnt want to take such attacks like even smth like torn-t will take a large amount after stealth rocks making it so it is unlikely to want to check it long term. This can also open it up against other pokemon like latios, NP torn-t, greninja, keldeo, lokix, etc.

252+ SpA Volcanion Steam Eruption vs. 208 HP / 132 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-Therian: 126-148 (35.8 - 42.1%) -- 84.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Id also like to bring up an amazing buff Slowbro got in DLC2 in the form of Psychic Noise. While it’s more effectively used on the CM sets that have been terrorizing RU and NU, it’s seen use on the TWave tank sets as well to annoy walls with recovery that could try and sit on Slowbro, namely other Slowbros but there’s definitely stuff it can apply to in UU as well.

If you want to stop Greninja or Iron Crow's sweep, for example, you must first survive the hit, which Slowbro itself cannot do. It is the reason why slowking is still preferred, and what slowbro could withstand is already done by other pokemon that are higher up in the tier, like Cobalion or Kommo-o, to give examples. include slowbro to do the same thing that slowking is doing but on the special side it seems redundant.

If you want to stop Greninja or Iron Crow's sweep, for example, you must first survive the hit, which Slowbro itself cannot do. It is the reason why slowking is still preferred, and what slowbro could withstand is already done by other pokemon that are higher up in the tier, like Cobalion or Kommo-o, to give examples. include slowbro to do the same thing that slowking is doing but on the special side it seems redundant.
- you are right, that is why smth like slowking is still prob preferable but checking smth like exca is smth that slowking isnt a big fan off, neither is smth like switching into a potential meta, h-arc, which usually it scouts, it is also better vs physical rain breakers like barra, floatzel, and quav,

- I think these are big bonuses that smth like slowbro has over slowking. Dealing with gren and iron crown can be dealt with by other teammates... for ex. slowking is seutp fother to tera electric iron crown and greninja is alr doing a lot of damage to slowking which means it really is not that excelent of a check as slowking being weakened means its less likely to take hits from latios.

- Slowking is obv a better sponge into latios, torn-t, keldeo, rotom-w, and can midground into physical attackers like bulky meta, tink, kommo-o, exca, h-arc but usually its not that good at switching into physical attackers. This is smth I feel that slowbro does much better than slowking and is worth noting.

252 Atk Tera Grass Ogerpon-Teal-Tera Ivy Cudgel vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 280-332 (71 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tera Grass Ogerpon-Teal-Tera Ivy Cudgel vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Slowking: 408-484 (103.5 - 122.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

this is a pretty impresssive calc and can allow slowbro to emergency check ogerpon smth that slowking cant do, and you just ice beam/t wave it in return and cripple it

Clangorous Soul + Throat Spray Got Boring, So I decided to make this set

:Kommo-o:
Bojangles⭐ (Kommo-o) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Iron Head
- Earthquake / Thunder Punch
- Clangorous Soul

idk i haven't seen people use physical clangorous soul, i tried it out it seems pretty fun

edit: forgot to add the advantage of this over DD

the extra defenses are nice, I won a game against an excadrill because I lived his EQ while tera steel, OHKO'd him with drain punch, and got all my health back

Last edited:
Clangorous Soul + Throat Spray Got Boring, So I decided to make this set

:Kommo-o:
Bojangles⭐ (Kommo-o) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Iron Head
- Earthquake / Thunder Punch
- Clangorous Soul

idk i haven't seen people use physical clangorous soul, i tried it out it seems pretty fun

edit: forgot to add the advantage of this over DD

the extra defenses are nice, I won a game against an excadrill because I lived his EQ while tera steel, OHKO'd him with drain punch, and got all my health back
Would terra electric be nice for extra power on thunder punch while also getting out of their weaknesses?

Would terra electric be nice for extra power on thunder punch while also getting out of their weaknesses?
Tera Steel prevents Toxic and powerful fairy/dragon type attacks, as well as not taking sandstorm damage. If your priority is to prevent Pokémon like Zapdos or Tornadus from being a threat, then Tera Electic is better.

tera electric is really only good for thunder punch stab, and resisting flying, while tera steel flips all of kommo-o's weaknesses into resistances, earthquake allows you to suprise 2hko skeledirge while it accidentally procs soundproof, also enhancing setup against latios, greninja, iron crown, metagross, pecharunt and toxapex, with stab iron head also with a chance to activate flinch cheese lol

I'm really like Choice Specs Hydrapple right now.

1715362699981.png

Hydrapple @ Choice Specs
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fickle Beam
- Giga Drain
- Draco Meteor / Leaf Storm
- Earth Power

Well, what does it do? Simply put, it leverages Hydrapple's usable bulk and high SpA stat to live a hit and retaliate for huge amounts of damage. 188 Speed EVs are to outspeed 44 speed Ttar and hit back with SE Giga Drain / Leaf Storm / Earth Power. Fickle Beam is its most spammable move, but you can use Draco Meteor to catch switching like Torn-T off guard for big damage. You can also mess with the EVs to let it take things like Silver Powder better, as you miss out on HDB (252+ Atk Silver Powder Lokix First Impression vs. 68 HP / 0 Def Hydrapple: 306-360 (82.7 - 97.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock) and random U-turns from mons like Torn-T, Oger-Teal, Scizor, Lokix, etc, although with Regen they won't be as big of an issue. Pair this Mon with things like Slowking to form a potent Regen core or mons like Tinkaton to cover your ice and bug weakness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 2)