Monotype Suggestions for my Mono Ghost 9th gen only team

Guys I need suggestions in general to balance the team and specifically Tera suggestions, they are all default Teras still.

These are the pokemon that I cleared the game with, so there's some unchangeable abilities unfortunately.

>
Since i'm running Rage Fist Annihilape had to be a little bulckier, so i went for HP and Assault Vest that allowed me to run a move set with a little bit more coverage, while making him bulky enough to hold sime special damage. Drain Punch is also an important part of the set-up providing a greater sustain powered-up by the maxed EV on Atk. As i said his TERA is still default, fighting, and i don't really know if i should change.
<
:sv/annihilape:
Annihilape @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rage Fist
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Poison Jab

>
The role of this one is pretty simple, the maxed EVs on Attack and Speed will allow me to take more advantage of Bitter Blade after taking some damage if i can attack first. Life Orb was also picked rellying on the Bitter Blade's sustain. He's full sweeping potential will be rellying on Swords Dance, so that's something i'm a bit worried. Got some coverage with Dragon Claw, and i was even pondering if i should Dragon Tera him or not.
<
:sv/ceruledge:
Ceruledge @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Bitter Blade
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw

>
This was a tricky one, since his move pool isn't that good i was between making him with Substitute and Leech Seed with maxed HP and Def/SpD and this set, that makes it a little more agressive. I thought of starting battles with it to set-up Spikes early and then switching it untill i have to use a grass type move or clean-up the battlefield. As i said i can't change Wind Rider, and it's on default TERA so letme know if you have a better sugestion.
<
:sv/brambleghast:
Brambleghast @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wind Rider (can't change)
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Phantom Force
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

>
Now we have a fire starter "walling", the same thought was uppon this one, Special Attackers tend to be hit harder from Physical ones so Skeledirge is the counter part of Annilhilape. And also, walling Physical will get me the most use from Will-O-Wisp. Because of the lack of sustain from the move set i went with leftovers, that with a mexed HP EV will heal a fair amount each turn. It's naturally high SpA allow me to rely on Torch Song to increase SpA on a slow passe. Hex if i got comfortable enough to WoW the target, Shadow Ball if i need to be a little more instantaneous.
<
:sv/skeledirge:
Skeledirge @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Torch Song
- Shadow Ball
- Will o Wisp
- Hex

>
I was also on the fence on this one, between maxing SpA or Spe, i mean, it's typing is great it can naturally resist to a lot of types so maxing HP will get me comfortable to go for a Nasty Plot. I went for a maxed SpA since i might aford to be hit before dealing damage but let me know if you think otherwise. Recover in case of an enemy's switch or a good momentum. Air Balloon will protect it from one of the fell soucers of super effective.
<
:sv/gholdengo:
Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain
- Nasty Plot
- Recover

>
Ok this doggo is practically a meme by now, his main role is to sit still untill everyone is dead and Last Respect everything lmao. No, seriously, it can still be really useful, i went for Ice Fang and Play Rough for typing coverage, Phantom Force instead of Shadow Sneak because sice i was running Choice Scarf and was going to be trapped on a single move at least it should be a strong one. It's also ability locked, i can't change it. And, as every pokemon on this list, it is also with the default TERA, so what do you thing? For what TERA type should i go?
<
:sv/houndstone:
Houndstone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Rush (can't change)
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Ice Fang
- Phantom Force
- Play Rough
- Last Respects

Last edited by a moderator:

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hi Guxta, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!

To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.

Why did you choose this Pokemon?
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it?
What are all 4 moves for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)