• RU

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Ubers

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Tier Shift

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey ladies and gentleman,my name is Xenoblade911 but you can call me John if you want.
This is my 2nd RMT I make on smogon,and its related to my 2nd favorite tier:LC
So as always hope you guys like it and I did quite well with it!

Warstar (Staryu) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
Level: 5
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 236 Def / 236 SDef / 36 HP
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam

This guy is basically the poke I based this team around.Its really speedy and has good bulk and can Rapid Spin.So i made it a fully defensive set with Scald because burns are always nice to get against opposing pokemon,recover for reliable recovery.

Staryu is also what I use to check Archen which is a pain.And its also my main status absorber because I can just switch it out if it gets statused.Overall very good pokemon.

Jade (Lileep) @ Eviolite (CHANGED) Suggested by The Unlucky One
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 220 HP / 220 Def / 68 SDef
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Toxic

Lileep is one of my the best,if not the best,defensive pokeon in the LC tier.this guy can check entire sand teams quite well.You're probably wandering,why Lileep if you are no running sand,well Lileep is my dedicated Stealth Rocker and Physical Wall.The set is pretty standard,stealth rock to support,Giga Drain for some damage and to prevent being Taunt Bait,Recover for reliable healing,Toxic to cripple walls like opposing Lileep,Frillish,Hippopotas and set-up sweepers.

Very good pokemon,better than bronzor in my opinion.

Homeless (Tirtouga) @ Eviolite (CHANGED)Suggested by Kingler12345
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 4 HP / 212 Atk / 116 Def / 76 SDef / 100 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge

Tirtouga is in my opinion the best Shell Smasher,it can take a hit unlike Dwebble,and I have pulled more sweeps with this guy than with Dwebble.The EV spread might be a little odd but it actually works incredibly well.Water/Rock gives me opportunity to take special hits if the opponent has sand up.The set is Shell Smash,to double Attack,Special Attack and Speed,its nice because Tirtouga has a rather lackluster speed and very solid attack stat,Waterfall for a good STAB,Aqua Jet to pick off weakened Pokemon and Stone Miss Edge to hit Flying Types.Now 2 water moves doesnt seem very good but it works quite well.

Volcarona Wannabe (Larvesta) (F) @ Eviolite (CHANGED) Suggested by The Unlucky One
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 SDef
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Morning Sun

Now I really don't get this.Larvesta is a solid physical attacker and when it evolves its a fucking beast with 140 base SAtk.But I'm going a bit off topic.Larvesta is a good U-Turner because it gets STAB on U-Turn to get momentum going on.The set is quite standard with U-Turn and Flare Blitz for STAB.Wild Charge to hit Water types/Electric Types for SE damage and Morning Sun to get recovery if Im getting low on HP,and Larvesta has a nice ability in Flame Body,as burning physical sweepers is very nice since I render them useless.

Overall very good Momentum pokemon and of course I have Rapid Spin support in Staryu so it doesn't get demolished by Stealth Rocks.

Foo Hoo! (Mienfoo) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 236 Atk / 196 SDef / 76 Def
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Mienfoo is great.One of my favorite pokemon in LC.Very viable,very quick,very powerful.The set Im using its pretty standard.Fake Out for decent damage and Flinch,Drain Punch not Hi Jump Kick cause' I dislike Hi Jump Kick,U Turn to gain momentum and get out of sticky situations and Stone Miss Edge to deal with Flying Types and Fire Types.U Turn has also good synergy with Regenerator and with Life Orb.

Overall,very solid pokemon,I always enjoy using it and it does vey well.

Maiden (Misdreavus) (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 236 Spd / 236 SAtk / 36 SDef
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Last,but not least my spin blocker,and in my opinion the best pokemon of the tier,Misdreavus.If you dont get the name reference,its from the Pokemon Episode Ghost of Maiden's Peak.The set Im using its SubCM which is way better than SubNP.The attacks are Shadow Ball for STAB and HP Fighting to deal with Lileep,Porygon,and Normal Types in general.Misdreavus is a very cool pokemon and it should always be considered.

So thats the team for you guys.As always if you have suggestions just put them on the reply section below.So that's it for my part,hope you guys liked the team.Have a Nice day! Until next time! Peace! PS:Feel free to vote!
:D

Importable ;)
Code:
Warstar (Staryu) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 236 Def / 236 SDef / 36 HP
Bold Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Scald
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam

Jade (Lileep) @ Eviolite (CHANGED)
EVs: 220 SDef / 220 Def / 68 HP
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Toxic

Shelly (Tirtouga) @ Eviolite (CHANGED)
EVs: 4 HP / 212 Atk / 116 Def / 76 SDef / 100 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge

Volcarona Wannabe (Larvesta) (F) @ Eviolite (CHANGED)
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 SDef / 36 Def
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Morning Sun

Foo Hoo! (Mienfoo) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 236 Atk / 196 SDef / 76 Def
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Maiden (Misdreavus) (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 236 Spd / 236 SAtk / 36 SDef
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Last edited:

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
I play LC anymore. It would help if you had a threatlist, bcuz I could see what sets could do better with said pkmn. But overall, a solid looking team

Hey man, nice to see some new LCers get in this. Your team looks pretty weak to tyipcal Murkrow/Snover/Drilbur teams, accompanied by your usual LC mons. Although you do have a check or two for most of these mons individually, your matchup against common LC cores like NP Misdreavus/Shell Smash Tirtouga and Drilbur/Snover/Mienfoo/Murkrow is pretty bad. For that reason, I think you should Replace Hondour with Eviolite Larvesta which helps you deal with annoying mienfoo's running around while having spin support from staryu. You lose some offensive presence and a matchup to misdreavus so you can probably wear Misdreavus down. If you still feel unsafe though, you can run a SubPayback Mienfoo over your current one, which lets it deal with Misdreavus and give more opportunities for Dwebble to sweep. Lastly, SS Tirtouga is quite a problem, so Lileep or Shroomish can fit over the spot of Bronzor on your team(probably Lileep) Alright so there ya have it, play more LC.

@Below: Well I guess you aren't new to LC like i thought, i meant new smogon LC blood

Last edited:
Hey man, nice to see some new LCers get in this. Your team looks pretty weak to tyipcal Murkrow/Snover/Drilbur teams, accompanied by your usual LC mons. Although you do have a check or two for most of these mons individually, your matchup against common LC cores like NP Misdreavus/Shell Smash Tirtouga and Drilbur/Snover/Mienfoo/Murkrow is pretty bad. For that reason, I think you should Replace Hondour with Eviolite Larvesta which helps you deal with annoying mienfoo's running around while having spin support from staryu. You lose some offensive presence and a matchup to misdreavus so you can probably wear Misdreavus down. If you still feel unsafe though, you can run a SubPayback Mienfoo over your current one, which lets it deal with Misdreavus and give more opportunities for Dwebble to sweep. Lastly, SS Tirtouga is quite a problem, so Lileep or Shroomish can fit over the spot of Bronzor on your team(probably Lileep) Alright so there ya have it, play more LC
After doing testing for about an hour the Larvesta and the Lileep are doing great.Thx for the advice my friend,appreciate it.About the mienfoo I really didnt the set that much but thanks anyway.

:D

Also Im not new to LC. :P

Last edited:
Hello, I've recently been unbanned from the smogon forums(finally). So here goes a small rate.
Your team looks really solid but your lileep is more specially defensive. Thus I believe you will face problems with mixkrow. I'd suggest either of the following:
1. Change dwebble for bulky SS tirtouga- This tirtouga takes on murkrow well and can even survive an HP grass from it. Set given on the bottom of the post.
2. Change lileep's set. The only check to mixkrow you have is specially defensive. However, if you make lileep more physically oriented, it can take on mixkrow as well as random physical attackers such as drilbur(you have checks for it, but still w/e)
The sets are as follows-
Tirtouga @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 12 Def / 212 Atk / 76 SDef / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
More physically bulky, can set up in the face of drilbur and murkrow.
Lileep @ Eviolite
EVs: 228 HP / 220 Def / 60 SDef
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Toxic
This invests more in HP to help against mixkrow. With this set, you can avoid being 2HKOed by drill peck after SR mostly.
240 Atk Life Orb Murkrow Drill Peck vs. 68 HP / 220+ Def Eviolite Lileep: 9-12 (37.5 - 50%) -- 12.11% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
240 Atk Life Orb Murkrow Drill Peck vs. 228 HP / 220+ Def Eviolite Lileep: 9-12 (34.61 - 46.15%) -- 0.39% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Well, it can also wall stuff like drilbur better and it can get a potential sand special defense boost too, so i don't think special bulk is all that necessary.
Now your lileep set will hate subroost murkrow, but it can handle it, hopefully. If it can't, switch stealth rock to ancientpower and you can use bulky drilbur with stealth rock instead of staryu. Ignore that if no problems with subroost murkrow.
One more suggestion, get rid of ice beam, what does it hit? Shroomish, foongus, lileep? Lileep is only 3hkoed in the sand and it's hard to predict a grass switch. A better option is thunderbolt to hit stuff like slowpoke and frillish(important since larvesta) hard. You could also consider hydro miss over scald to put the hurt on missy.
Nice team, hope I helped.
P.S also rate my rate
After testing for a few hours,Tirtouga can take a hit unlike Dwebble.So I decided to change Dweeble to a Bulky SS Tirtouga.Thank for the suggestion,my friend. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)