Repost of an in my opinion still relevant subject

A couple of weeks back, I posted this thread as a suggestion to make the smogondex even more complete than it already is, and since it did not really get much feedback, I figured I might as well repost it. Keep in mind that the thing I am about to propose would be a long-term project. Without further ado, with my almighty copy and paste powers, I present to thee:

First of all; Hello again people, I might be back for a while.

That being said, I have noticed something whilst trying to get a decent team up and back into the game. I gave the current OU metagame a quick glance and decided that it wasn't for me this time around either, and as my previous UU teams were outdated or crappy, I sat down to make a new one. And for inspiration I read the smogon articles.

The first thing I noticed was the, in most cases, utter lack of any relevance to the UU metagame. "It sucks since Salamence owns it" and "Once you rest, Metagross will take a poop at you" runs rampant in many articles dedicated to completely UU pokes. Actual UU comparisions, however, are pretty seldomly encountered. Now, excluding the newest players, most people can take a look at for example a Dewgong and know that it will get arsekicked in the OU standard metagame. Thus, I feel it's a bit redundant to focus the analysis of him, and similar, equally UU pokes, around their pretty non-existant role in the OU metagame. Instead, my proposition is to rewrite, and add to, the existing analyses where this is relevant, so that they properly reflect the pokemon's role in the proper metagame. I do not, however, think that the current OU metagame articles shall be completely replaced, as they often deliver insight to someone who actually wants to use them there.

I have to confess that I have not gone through every article out there, but I do know that at least the ones I have looked at suffer from this problem. Perhaps eventually, on a long-term basis, it would be nice to have multiple reviews for every pokemon; One for their role in each metagame. Obviously, the ubers would only need their one, OU's for the OU metagame and the Uber metagame, UU's for their own, OU and perhaps uber, and NU in all four, just for completion.

All in all, I think that this would turn the smogon dex even more awesome and helpful than it already is, and offer a new level of structure and analysis that at least I have not seen even attempted on any page before.

(Original thread here: http://www.smogon.com/community/showthread.php?t=5517)

I definitely agree with this. It would be great to help people who are new to UU and want to make a team but have no idea what works and what doesn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)